Beyond the Rim» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Eddie's Edge of the Empire (Table 1) In Character Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings! This is the thread for out of game chat & discussion for table 1:

TABLE 1
Player Character Name Career/Specialization
belirahc Tellarn Gandor Colonist
Akhatosh Ishmael Cindar Bounty Hunter
jhhoffmann Jak Pilot
soylentRed Astarii Menaraev Explorer:Scout
dirtybacon Bonn Marmot Driver

This is where all the "in-game" activity happens!

Useful links:

1OOC thread

2Character Repository: Character Sheets

3Rolling dice for SW: SW dice guide
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 522704. eddie_drood
  • 6customw{6:iid:1746468;1:iid:1746469;2:iid:1746470;3:iid:1746471;} =
  • ( iid:1746468 iid:1746471 iid:1746470 iid:1746470 iid:1746471 iid:1746468) =
  • ( iid:1746468 iid:1746471 iid:1746470 iid:1746470 iid:1746471 iid:1746468)
  • Destiny Pool
  • Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:20 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
eddie_drood previously rolled 6customw{6:iid:1746468;1:iid:1746469;2:iid:1746470;3:iid:1746471;} = ( iid:1746468 iid:1746471 iid:1746470 iid:1746470 iid:1746471 iid:1746468) = (
) [+]
(Destiny Pool)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Destiny Pool:

Light Side: 6
Dark Side: 2

A good start for the group!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 522749. eddie_drood
  • 1d100 =
  • (53) =
  • Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:55 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
The group stands in a relatively small and quiet hanger bay on the Wheel. For two weeks, they've been reparing the ship, refueling, resting, and most importantly looking for new work. The lack of leads has led to short tempers, and a heated discussion over a maintenance droid, waiting patiently to paint the ship name onto the prow of their scout ship for the last 20 minutes.

While this is continuing, Ishmael receives a coded message from someone unexpected: Rex, his mentor from when he first started collecting bounties.

Ish. I owe a guy a little. You owe me big.
Can't do the job myself, told him you could. Do well, and there's money in it for you. Plus, you'll owe me less.
Go meet a Twi'lek naemd Reom, runs a place on the Wheel called Isotech.
He'll be expecting you, and your friends. You'll need help, or my father wasn't a mandalorian. Don't embarrass me.

--Rex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was Jak's ship, or better said, it had been Jak's fathers ship and now it was his. Ishmael respected that, he respected that the man had the last say in how his ship was named. But they were a crew as well, they were a unity. The name of this ship was going to be linked to all their names, not just his. The Cur's Claw was a fine name for that, he thought. Stubborn as ever, Ish was proving hard to dissuade, but easy to distract. His Datapad made a bleeping sound, a message received. He held up a hand.

"Hold on a tick, alright?" Flipping open the protective case, he looks at the black and green screen, his heavy brows beetling as he notes the sender. Rex...Had been a long time since he head of him. Finally time to collect on him, ey? He opened the message, his eyes skimming the contacts. "I think we can decide on the name thing later...We got a job."

Sorry, was about to head out when you put this up, so was a bit rushed to get an answer out. It's a tad rushed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
"Great - maybe this will get us off The Wheel for a bit... maybe get on some real ground again? We can finish the argument on the name of the ship when we are in flight!" insisted Astarii.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frustrated with himself about the ship name fiasco, Jak is worried that it will make him look weak. He feels his inexperience and lack of knowledge keenly amongst such an impressive group of underworld professionals.

Glad for the change of subject, Jak asks, "What's the job?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ishmael shrugs his shoulders, the armour padding on them rolling with the motion. "Don't know yet..." He tucks the datapad in his pocket once more, closing the buttons as he looks at their willful pilot."But if Rex can't do it on his own, it's either big or the man's grown old indeed. I need to take this job, are y'all with me or no?"

He looks around the group, his grey eyes searching. Ish prefers to be up front about these things. Rex has him by the balls. He needs to pay back his debts, even if they can't be counted in creds. If the rest follows the promise of pay, all the better, but he? He has no choice. "I say we go see what's up with this one."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Astarii works his best to keep his eager desire to get off The Wheel and his cooped up self back into space out of his emotion and response. He replies with a cool, "We need to at least hear out the offer. You all know I want out of The Wheel for a while - but it has to be for the right job. Who knows... maybe we will even get to explore a bit."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jak says, "I'm up for almost any job, if the pay's good." He looks up at his father's -- now his -- ship. "I expect to have some new maintenance costs." He has mixed feelings, wondering what happened to his father, but admits to himself it's good to have his own ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ishmael nodded, they'd need the money. A ship was a huge boon, but it was also a burden that many underestimated. He'd worked in repair and maintenance before this gig, he knew how much of a money sink they were. There was always something broken, something that needed fixing or tinkering with, some minor parts that needed replacing or overhauls to be done. Luckily they'd at least save on having to pay for the actual services, he'd be able to keep the day-to-day repairs from piling up...But still, they needed credits and Rex needed him to take this job. With nobody really speaking up against the idea, he pulled up his datapad again, typed the name Isotech into the search engine and let the computer figure out the directions, motioning the others to follow.

Arriving at the Twi'lek's place of business, the store called Isotech, Ish led the way in, his heavy footfalls on the floor as he moved up towards whatever passed for a reception desk or counter, his eyes searching for the first Twi'lek he sees. His gruff voice, rises as he calls.

"Reom?" He paused. "A mutual friend sent me, told me you had a proposition."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

Following the no-nonsense route the Wheel's computer suggests, the group quickly winds its way through corridors deep into the cargo levels on the outer ring.

The hallway along this area has crates and lifters parked seemingly at random, with a mix of various people in overalls moving busily from one place to another.

The well-worn sign outside the door is an older one, flashing the name Isotech in a color-shifting way popular about three years ago.

The door hisses open as the group approaches, revealing a well-worn and well-used reception area. Behind the reception desk sits a protocol droid, its gray metal plates unpolished and scuffed. Behind the droid is a short hallway ending at a heavy closed door.

The droid waves to the group, saying

"Greetings. Welcome to Isotech, a technology solutions company. I am CZ-13, or "Cees" for short. I understand you wish to meet with Reom, our illustrious president? Do you have an appointment?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Entering, the location and look of this place tells Ishmael a few things, or gives at least clues that can be interpreted in a different way. The location means that Isotech isn't a really big player, at least not openly, on the market. If he were, it'd be closer to the center of the wheel. The fact that the location has seen better days means this place has been in business for a while, though whether or not this will continue isn't entirely clear. Still, a technology store is a bit of a strange client for a crew like his.

Ishmael walks up to the droid and nods, placing his broad, gloved hands on the desk. "Thank you Cees, he should be expecting me." He nodded towards the door behind the droid. "Tell him that the crew Rex sent is here."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
CZ-13 nods. "Thank you. Please wait while I verify your identity."

The front door slides shut and locks audibly. He pushes several buttons on the desk, the screen hidden from the group's side of the desk.

A moment later, the droid straightens back up.

"Excellent. Please follow me."

The droid turns and clanks down the short hallway to the door, which slides open slowly. A narrow hallway, with a small office on each side is revealed. A pair of large blast doors dominate the end of the hallway. Both office doors are closed, but small windows looking into the hallway reveal the office quality is no better than the lobby.

A blue-skinned Twi'lek female sits in the office to the right, barely glancing up as she sits at a desk piled with dataslates, papers, and boxes, a flickering exterior image of the Wheel on a screen behind her.

The droid leads the group to the office on the left, where a blue-skinned Twi'lek male of average build and height, sits at a desk as well-used as the rest in this ramshackle office. Random pieces of cybernetics, broken data slates, and a box full of wires add to the cramped feeling of the small room. CZ-13 waves an arm.

"May I present Reom, president of IsoTech. Sir, Rex's team has arrived." The droid then turns, going back to his post at the reception desk.

Reom gets up, smiling at the group. "Good of you to come so quickly. Please, take a seat wherever you can find room."

He shoves a few random things off some of the chairs and boxes, clearing enough space for the group to sit, if not comfortably. Returning to his desk, Reom continues...

"Have you ever heard of the Sa Nalaor? It's a ship of legend out here, especially among smugglers, salvagers, and treasure seekers. Some say it's a Separatist treasury ship filled with cash or precious metals or secret technology, but it disappeared while fleeing Imperial pursuit to the edge of the Outer Rim at the end of the Clone Wars. Treasure hunters chase rumors occasionally, but no one has found it, and some never return.

"As it happens, one of the Sa Nalaor's hyperspace message pods was recently found long dead near the Wheel and delivered to me. I'll understand if you think this is some kind con game, but...I want you to find the ship for me.

"Here's the deal. This pod apears to have the last known location of the Sa Nalaor, and a bit about its condition at the time. It's the best lead on the ship I've ever heard of. At a minimum, I want you to find the ship, assess its condition, and bring back all the information you can to an Isotech salvage base. I believe there's some special technology aboard that woudl really boost IsoTech's business. If you find that and bring as much as you can back with you, I'll double your reward. Maybe triple, if it's really good.

"You're to take a droid of mine with you--IT-3PO; he'll arrive on the Wheel in about 12 hours. I'll pay you 10,000 credits for the job, and condier Rex's favor to me paid back. If you skip out on me, I know enough people to make your life very difficult out here.

"Remeber to purchase equipment and supplies for yourself and possible survivors before you leave. The Wheel has plenty of shops, so you should find most everythign you need. I'm fine with you asking around for more info, but be careful who you ask, and how loudly. You never know who's listening.

"So, that's the deal. Any questions?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
CH-1 steps forward. Why do we need to bring along your droid and what kind of droid is it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Astarii butts in to add, "And where does the pod suggest the last known location of the ship might be?" Eager to know where they may be heading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neto Vrum, human scoundrel
I'll take a look around for tings of value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feeling comfortable around fellow Twi'leks, Jak is bold enough to ask, "And what sort of supplies do we need, and how much will they cost?" Jak is keenly aware that he has precisely 0 credits in his pockets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
The obligation roll is a d100 die roll attached to one of the first posts, I just haven't said what the result means yet.

Reom nods at the questions, while ignoring Neto's browsing of his office.

"The droid is IT-3PO. He originally belonged to my father, Ropok, and has been functioning since before the Clone Wars. Apparently, my father and the Captain of the Sa Nalaor had dealings occasionally, and IT3 should be useful in confirming the identity of anyone you may find. Plus, he is a protocol droid, and having a translator may be useful.

"The pod is a standard hyperspace message pod. It's old, damaged, and out of power. It was floating in space when a luxury liner literally ran into it on their way to the Wheel. They gave it to the Wheel administrators, per Wheel docking rules, and they in turn gave it me--it was addressed to IsoTech.

"The pod contained the ship's coordinates at the time the pod was launched, and a message from Captain Rel Harsol to my father. Harsol requested rescue and survival gear and confirmed that his end of the plan would still be workable if they survived the landing. I have the pod in our warehouse, if you care to examine it.

"Now, I don't know what the plan was, but I do know that my father was planning to buy advanced tech from Harsol to resell through our company. I think the tech may have been cybernetics, maybe even based off some of the Old Republic methods. It will be worth more than anything else, if that's true! Oh, speaking of--any other treasure you find, I'll split with you 50/50.

"As to where...that's the big question, isn't it? According to the hyperspace pod, the ship crashed on Cholganna, a primitive world with no real settlements, I think. The pod was sent, apparently, just before the ship hit atmosphere, so it doesn't have much information on the frigate's condition, only that it was damaged in the escape. The Cholganna system has been rumored as the general area the ship was in, but no one knew where exactly to look. The system is three days from here, using a Class One hyperdrive--a bit longer otherwise. It's off the Perlemian Trade Route, to the Rimward end, and then it's a slower route that takes the second day to get to the system itself.

"This data chip has all I know about the Sa Nalaor and Captain Harsol, including an old holo image. There's also another set of coordinates in there--for the IsoTech salvage base I want you to take whatever you find to. I call it 'Scrapheap Point'--and it's on Raxus Prime. Um...you should probably follow the flight path through the junk canyons that's on there--it'll help you avoid leading any Imperial patrols to my front door.

Anything else?"

common knowledge: the Perlemian trade route is the stable hyperspace lane the Wheel is near, and is very commonly used by all sorts of traders

Neto's casual glances haven't revealed anything of obvious worth in Reom's office.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Reom grins at Jak's question.

"I'll pay you 10% up front--1,000 credits, to help you with supplies. As to what supplies you need--that's for you to decide, I don't know what you already have.

"And as to why I don't send IsoTech people to do this: I know word has gotten out about the pod's discovery. There are sure to be treasure hunters watching my people and trying to steal the information--or the pod itself. So be careful! And as always, really be careful of any Imperials. There is no official presence on the Wheel, but there are rumors that some Imperial Security Bureau sneaking around. And the Empire always wants a cut of everything."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ishmael was holding his datapad, making encrypted little notes in a shorthand he'd invented during his days still in technical school. It wouldn't stand up to a real codebreaker, at least not completely, but it was easier to note things down with less risk of people figuring it out. So, they were treasure hunting? Not his normal kind of gig, most of the things he hunted tended to be people...But at least this ship of sorts was less likely to just skip town. He nodded, looking up from the pad at the mention that word had gotten out...

"I hope you've got some cover story why we're here then..." Ishmael wasn't usually in the role of being hunted and if his normal people were watched, it wouldn't take long for those watchers to do the same to them. "Perhaps we're in the business for some...Technological solutions or some sort..."

Aside from that, he didn't have anything to add, the thousand credits were more than welcome. They'd need stuff. Ish looked over to their resident archeologist. "Blue-star, can you get a list of things we'll need? You're the expert..." He looked over to the smuggler. "And Neto, can you put an ear to the ground? Don't let anything get out, but I'd like to know if we have competition..." He paused for a moment, noticing he'd taken charge again, without being asked, but it was too late to back down now. He'd have to work on that, this wasn't a one-man show anymore. Looking around at the rest of the group, he shrugged his shoulders in question. "Any other suggestions?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Astarii quips back to Ishmael, "Hey Ish, if we are going to keep working together, you'll need to get my nickname right..." Astarii gives a quick wink. "If we are planet bound, I will see what I can find out about the local environments and help to get us some supplies. If I remember correctly, Cholganna doesn't have the most friendly of native animals. It'll be real tight with just 1,000 credits if we have to worry about defending ourselves as well..." Shrugging and turning to the rest of the group, Astarii says, "I'm not sensing any real objections to the mission. Any other questions before we need to get moving?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Protocol droids are slow and get in the way. Is there a penalty if the droid does not return? CH-1 asks matter-of-factly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

Reom replies dryly to CH-1.

"Yes--his loss will be deducted from your pay. And you'll owe me."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [47] |