Beyond the Rim» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Eddie's Edge of the Empire (Table 1) In Character Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

Nols staggers up with the box of supplies.

"Here ya go!" while his droid counterpart deducts the funds.

Noticing the group looking down the hall, he asks

"Someone fighting?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking over to CH-1, Ishmael raises an eyebrow and moves his head towards the moving Rodian, a question evident in his gaze. "How do you feel about us trying to ask that nice fellow a few questions?" He looks over to Nols, his voice calm. "Think I saw an old friend who owes me money."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone like that Rodian is wanted somewhere, I am sure. A bounty will be probable. CH-1 thinks of possible profit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

Nols nods.

"Ah. Yeah, probably sold you junk, right? Those YiYar salvage guys are creeps."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ishmael nods, towards Nols while turning for the door, his eyes trailing the Rodian. "Aye, that they are...Later Nols..." He pushed open the door, motioning his head for CH-1 to follow. Normally, Ish didn't work in a team, or with others. But as strange as the droid could be, he was dependable in a fight and straightforwards. Basically perfect for this gig. He waited for him to fall in, chuckling softly at the mention of a bounty. "That's why I love working with you, H, you know just how to motivate me...Let's go ask our friend some questions..." They set off after the Rodian, wary to not let him go out of sight.

In case I need to roll something, I'll add it here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

CH-1 and Ish are heading out after the Rodian. Anyone else going? Also: who's got the box of stuff you just bought?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
"Hey Jak, help me get this gear back to the ship, would ya?" Astarii is eager to get back.

"Thanks for the help with the supplies Nols - pleasure doing business with you." Turning to Bonn, Astarii asks, "You running off with them? Or going to help us get this gear back to the ship?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eddie_drood wrote:

CH-1 and Ish are heading out after the Rodian. Anyone else going? Also: who's got the box of stuff you just bought?

Jak says to those remaining, "Looks like something's going down. Here take some of this." He quick sorts through the goods.

He gives a comlink to Astarii, and another to Sal.

He also gives a stimpack to Astarii, Bonn, and Sal, and keeps one for himself. "One of these was going to be for Ish."

"Sal, here's your new holdout blaster," handing it over.

He pockets one stun grenade and holds out the other, "Somebody need this? Bonn?"

Referring to the remaining snares, the scanner and the climbing gear, he slides the box over to Astarii and says, "Why don't you take the rest of this? I think I'd like to see what's up with our bounty hunters."

Jak loosens the blaster in his holster, but leaves it in, and runs after CH-1 and Ishmael.

Edit: I guess we crossed messages. Jak at least take a stimpack and a stun grenade before running off after the bounty hunters. You guys can sort through the rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SoylentRed wrote:
"Hey Jak, help me get this gear back to the ship, would ya?" Astarii is eager to get back.

"Thanks for the help with the supplies Nols - pleasure doing business with you." Turning to Bonn, Astarii asks, "You running off with them? Or going to help us get this gear back to the ship?"

To retcon my reply...

Jak grabs a stimpack and a stun grenade from the box before he realizes Astarii asked him to go back to the ship. On his way out of the shop he calls over his shoulder "Can you take care of that? I need to see what's going down!"

Jak loosens the blaster in his holster, but leaves it in, and runs after CH-1 and Ishmael.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
South Gate
California
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
mbmbmbmbmb
"Let's get this stuff back to the ship. I'd like to tear through our systems a little more. I've been thinking of a different power distribution that might give us a little more oomph in free space."

Bonn grabs some of the equipment and heads towards the ship. She paws the comlink quickly: "And if you guys need me to swoop in and save the day, just let me know."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
"Alright Bonn, looks like it's you and I getting the gear back to the ship." Astarii says to Bonn... Hoping to himself that it will not delay their departure.

Starting today until Thursday my computer access will be somewhat limited. I will reply by phone and iPad... But may ask for help on rolls. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

Bonn and Astarii start hauling stuff back to the ship, and get a brief message from the doctor--he'll be away handling a plague outbreak, and will try to reconnect with the group another time.

Meanwhile....

CH-1, Ish, and followed shortly by Jak, begin trailing the tattooed Rodian, keeping him in sight...

is the idea to chase him down, or just tail him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking tailing him into a kind of deserted alley where they can have a nice little chat. If he breaks and runs, Ish will follow, but right now, he wants it to go as smooth as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

The Rodian winds calmly along a main corridor for a while, finally stopping at Tasia's tapcafe, where he sits at an open stool at the bar.

Tasia's is a quaint restaurant catering to travelers with Aleraanian dishes. With the Death Star's recent destruction of Alderaan, Tasia's has message and holos forming an impromptu memorial wall that customers have left over time.

The trio pause across the street, sure that he went in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Catching up to the bounty hunters, pausing in front of the cafe, Jak has a moment to quietly ask, "Why are we tailing this Rodian?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"He's been tailing us for a while now..." Ishmael looked across the street, to where the rodian had taken a seat, facing away from the door. Either he was stupid, sitting with his back to the entryway, or he was confident. The two often overlapped. "Assume he's working for the enemy, whoever that may be. So, I want to ask him a few questions."

Ishmael scoped the place out once more, it was an Alderaanian place. Everytime he heard about that story, his blood ran hot and cold in the same vein. Anger at the Empire, for wiping out an entire world and fear that they could do so again. He understood that the latter had been the intent, but the former was important too. If anything, looking at the small shrine, it had created another billion martyrs. "Let's go..."

He pushed open the doors leading into the dinner, walking straight to the bar, where a chair was free next to the rodian, plonking his ass down on the seat and digging into his coat. Pulling the cigarette from its package, he lit it, looking over at the rodian after. "Ey there mate..." He turned slightly to the side. "Couldn't help you can't seem to stop staring at me, and though I don't often go for the green ones, gotta say, you piqued my interest." He took a long drag from his smoke, a smirk in his eyes. "So why don't you tell me what you seem to like so much about me?"

I have decided that sarcasm is a big part of Ish's personality

Also, does this count as an intimidation action? If so, I'm going to use my intimidation talent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
If Ish wants to be intimidating, absolutely! Roll away! I'll wait on the Rodian's response until we see how the dice fall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to downgrade the difficulty of the intimidation check by 1, taking 1 strain.

Sexual Intimidation 1customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} + 2customw{1:iid:1746420;2:iid:1746421;1:iid:1746423;2:iid:1746418;1:iid:1746422;1:iid:1746419} -> ( iid:1746447) + ( iid:1746420 iid:1746422) -> (
)(
) [+]

Edit: Sorry, was meant to read "Sexy intimidation"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 530194. Akhatosh
  • 1customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} + 2customw{1:iid:1746420;2:iid:1746421;1:iid:1746423;2:iid:1746418;1:iid:1746422;1:iid:1746419} =
  • ( iid:1746447) + ( iid:1746420 iid:1746422) =
  • ( iid:1746447)( iid:1746420 iid:1746422)
  • Sexual Intimidation
  • Mon Apr 7, 2014 7:39 pm
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jak follows Ish into the cafe, trying to look at least half as intimidating as the bounty hunter, or at least not as scared as he felt. He careful observes how Ish handles the situation, seeing if he can learn a few things. He is surprised at Ish's methods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
CH-1 scans the area for any other Rodians that might be his companions. No surprises.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
CH-1 locates several Rodians in the hallway, but not moving together, and not seemingly the least bit interested in a group milling around the entrance to a restaurant.

resisting? 2customw{1:iid:1746437;1:iid:1746438;1:iid:1746439;3:iid:1746441;1:iid:1746442;1:iid:1746440} -> ( iid:1746441 iid:1746441) -> (
) [+]

The Rodian studies Ish for a moment, then says (in basic):

"IsoTech interests me. Rumors about a pod they found interest me. You do not interest me."

The Rodian nods to the bartender, and gets up from his stool, apparently about to walk out...

Ish: 1 strain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 530581. eddie_drood
  • 2customw{1:iid:1746437;1:iid:1746438;1:iid:1746439;3:iid:1746441;1:iid:1746442;1:iid:1746440} =
  • ( iid:1746441 iid:1746441) =
  • ( iid:1746441 iid:1746441)
  • resisting?
  • Tue Apr 8, 2014 3:46 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
MEANWHILE...

Back at the ship, Bonn and Astarii unload their recent purchases.

Doing anything else?

Also, Astarii, please make a perception check...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
South Gate
California
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe you should have tried sexual intimidation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
South Gate
California
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what options I have on the ship.i feel like Bonn would tinker with the ship, not sure if there is anything she can do.

Also, key in our destination and get any travel prep ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
dirtybacon wrote:
I'm not sure what options I have on the ship.i feel like Bonn would tinker with the ship, not sure if there is anything she can do.

Also, key in our destination and get any travel prep ready.

If she's good with computers, she could do research, or she could go ask around for info, or just get lunch/explore the station. There isn't much left to do to the ship at the moment--the group's been out of work for almost three weeks, so just about everything that can be tinkered with or restocked has been, at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [47] |