Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
1163 Posts
[1]  Prev «  43 , 44 , 45 , 46 , 47  | 

Beyond the Rim» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Eddie's Edge of the Empire (Table 1) In Character Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Sable
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Although possessed of basic piloting skills, Tray has always been better fighting hand to hand (or, preferably claw to claw). Still, he looks around, and asks who might need help.

Happy to lend a boost die or whatever I can to the gunners or navigator
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
South Gate
California
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jhhoffmann wrote:
Jak climbs the ladder to the top-side gun turrets, eager to test his gunnery skills. He locks onto a squad of 3 TIE fighters and fires.

jhhoffmann previously rolled 1customw{1:iid:1746420;2:iid:1746421;1:iid:1746423;2:iid:1746418;1:iid:1746422;1:iid:1746419}+1customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} = ( iid:1746423) + ( iid:1746453) = (
)(
) [+]
(Gunnery (Ag))

show off!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Astarii, hoping to help get us the heck out of here, runs to the navicomputer to see if he can help plot out the course.

Which way out of here? (Astrogation (Int)) 2customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} -> ( iid:1746451 iid:1746453) -> (
) [+]
1customw{1:iid:1746420;2:iid:1746421;1:iid:1746423;2:iid:1746418;1:iid:1746422;1:iid:1746419} -> ( iid:1746418) -> (
) [+]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 649181. SoylentRed
  • 2customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} =
  • ( iid:1746451 iid:1746453) =
  • ( iid:1746451 iid:1746453)
  • Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:28 pm
  • [+]
  • 649182. SoylentRed
  • 1customw{1:iid:1746420;2:iid:1746421;1:iid:1746423;2:iid:1746418;1:iid:1746422;1:iid:1746419} =
  • ( iid:1746418) =
  • ( iid:1746418)
  • Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:28 pm
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ish knows he's not much use in the gunners seat, not as much as Bonn and Jak are at least, that he's a bit more useful with a keyboard than a pair of triggers on a double-barreled blaster cannon. He runs along with Allstar, who begins listing off calculations while Ish plugs his datapad into the fritzed up computer, working hard to get the thing to reboot.

Computer 1 1customw{1:iid:1746420;2:iid:1746421;1:iid:1746423;2:iid:1746418;1:iid:1746422;1:iid:1746419}+1customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} -> ( iid:1746420) + ( iid:1746447) -> (
)(
) [+]
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 649204. Akhatosh
  • 1customw{1:iid:1746420;2:iid:1746421;1:iid:1746423;2:iid:1746418;1:iid:1746422;1:iid:1746419}+1customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} =
  • ( iid:1746420) + ( iid:1746447) =
  • ( iid:1746420)( iid:1746447)
  • Computer 1
  • Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:35 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wow...now THAT'S the right time to see rolls like that...

more coming...



Bonn fires up the gunnery controls and lets loose, quickly eliminating two TIE fighters and turning the turret to track a third.

Meanwhile, Jak and Astarii seem to be perfectly in tune, with Jak's gunnery and Astarii's course corrections...
blow up all the bombers? clear a path and jump to hyper? Take it away, that's a pretty epic combo of rolls
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jak fires off a burst of 4 shots from the gunnery turret, and the force is with him as 3 of the 4 shots find their targets. All 3 TIE fighters in the squad he was targeting are destroyed.

Astarii, meanwhile, finds a viable hyperspace solution on his first iteration on the navicomputer. He immediately punches it to the bridge and the pilot doesn't question a workable route. He discards his work and feeds Astarii's solution to the hyperdrive. Soon the familiar streak of stars is seen out the view ports as the ship jumps to hyperspace.
5 
 Thumb up
0.26
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

The stars elongate, and the reassuring shifting view of hyperspace is met with cheers that can be heard throughout the ship.

Reom addresses the crew over the intercom: "Well done, all! Repair and medical teams, keep it up, but everyone who can, take a break for now. You deserve it."}

At a private message from Reom, the group heads towards the bridge. The largest damage was a breaching blast used to blow an opening in the ship, but it has already been reinforced, and welding teams and working on setting it right.

With Bonn's start, the rest of the engines come on line easily, restoring full power to the ship's systems and aiding in speeding repairs.

The hallway up to the bridge is where brutal fighting took place. Blast marks are everywhere, as is a grisly amount of blood and gore. A pair of cyber-nexu sit idly in the corner, on a pile of stormtrooper bodies they are snacking on, armor and all. No one seems interested in trying to move them, and clean up goes well away from them.

Reom, his arm in a sling, greets the group cheerfully, stepping away from his command console. Cratala, off to one side, nods vaguely at the group, already analyzing something on an engineering station nearby.

g{"Well done! If you hadn't thought to bring the good doctor and her pets, as well as figuring out the course, we'd be dead for sure. I'm afraid Scrapheap is lost to us, but that won't set IsoTech back for too long. Take a look..."


He pulls up a holo that shows a near-derelict bulk freighter, looking close to no longer being space worthy. "This is Iso-One. Someday, this freighter will be the heart of our mobile operations. The loss of Scrapheap makes this our main operation in this sector. We may be slowed down without easy part access on Raxus Prime, but we'll manage. In fact, I plan to hire you to pick up a few things for me in the future. We'll dock shortly and settle up, and then you can be on your way."

He returns to running the ship and directing repairs, and leaves the group to their own ends.

anyone have plans before arriving at Iso-One?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ish is just going to tinker some more, repairing as they move towards Iso-One. He doesn't want to be on a ship that isn't in tiptop shape.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
assuming everyone is good to go for docking

The ship docks without difficulty, and the group finds themselves on the large ship Iso-One. Reom escorts the group up to his office, which overlooks a large warehouse area in the hold of the ship.

"Great work! A bit close there, but you all really came through. I can see this being the beginning of a good business relationship. As promised, here is the 15,000 credits, with a 5,000 credit bonus for getting Cratala herself back here."

He slides the loaded credstick across the table with a smile. "You are welcome to hang around if you like, and help with repairs, or just rest up a bit before you take off. I might have some work for you soon, if you wan to continue to do business. You have my number."

He grins and thanks the group again, then moves off to yell at a couple of techs who are standing on top of a scaffolding, staring down at a cybernexu that is glaring up at them.

With a satisfied nod to each other, the companions of the Sun Seeker divide up the spoils, and plan their next move as the screen fades to black and the credits roll....

XP earned:
10 xp: stormtrooper repelling
10 xp: fixing the ship
10 xp: freeing the ship
10 xp: keeping it in character!

40 xp each!

*****************************************************

CONGRATS! You have survived Edge of the Empire: Beyond the Rim!

Since several people are out for a week or so, we'll take a break at this point. However, keep your eyes open, as I plan to run the next module in a month or so, so don't delete your character.

Thanks for playing everyone!!! Hope you had fun!
5 
 Thumb up
1.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  43 , 44 , 45 , 46 , 47  |