Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
1163 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [47] | 

Beyond the Rim» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Eddie's Edge of the Empire (Table 1) In Character Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dirtybacon wrote:
maybe you should have tried sexual intimidation!

This dice-system does not like me yet. I should sacrifice a few chickens to it.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anyone going to try and stop the Rodian as he goes about his business?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, since I at least rattled him a little, Ish is not going to push it. he knows they know about the pod and they know about them. That's all he's likely to get out of them now. But at least they know there's competition now. Don't think stopping him now would lead to much good, but that's Ish's view.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jak sees the Rodian leave, and asks Ish, "You're just letting him go? Well I guess we can't start anything here, and we probably wouldn't get anything out of him. Back to the ship?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
South Gate
California
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eddie_drood wrote:
dirtybacon wrote:
I'm not sure what options I have on the ship.i feel like Bonn would tinker with the ship, not sure if there is anything she can do.

Also, key in our destination and get any travel prep ready.

If she's good with computers, she could do research, or she could go ask around for info, or just get lunch/explore the station. There isn't much left to do to the ship at the moment--the group's been out of work for almost three weeks, so just about everything that can be tinkered with or restocked has been, at this point.

After dropping the equipment off at the ship, Bonn takes a look around the ship and is frustrated with the lack of things to tinker with. "I'm going for a walk," Bonn yells out to Astarii and then heads out to walk around the docking bay. Her experience in a mechanics shop makes her feel at ease in a place like this. She wanders around to other ships and crews around the bay and starts digging for information on their target destination, any news from around the area, and general knowledge of the ships that are docked there.

Not sure what roll I need here for information gleaning if any... feel free to roll for me if I need something...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CH-1 is disappointed that there isn't a fight, but agrees that this location isn't the best for that sort of thing.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They link eyes again, him and the Rodian, and Ish doesn't let that strange smile falter. He knows his latest line makes him sound insane and truly, he's banking on it. Men, whatever species aside from a few ones, seem to have this strange territorial drive towards other men. It's an easy thing to abuse. Their eyes meet and though the Rodian keeps it together, keeps it cool, Ish notices he's rattled him. He frowns as the Rodian gets up, but that's as much part of the play as the rest of it, smoking his cigarette, he let's the alien leave. He has what he needs, he has what he will get out of him. He takes another drag from his cigarette getting up long enough after the Rodian leaves to make it clear it's not an act of aggression.

"Aye, I'm letting him go." The bounty hunter takes another drag from his cigarette, eying the Rodian as he leaves. "He's good, I rattled him, saw it in his eyes, but he's not your garden variety gang-banging piece of gutter-slab. He'll keep it together." He nods when the Twi'lek suggests going to the ship, motioning him to lead the way. As they leave the diner, Ish keeps his hand close to his blaster, his free hand on the cigarette that he tosses to the side, finished. "But I got what I needed. He knows about the pod, so do his employers. And he knows we know, but he doesn't know enough." A small grin on his face."Likely, he's just a cog in the machine...And honestly, if he's stupid enough not to be interested in me or you...He's got another thing coming..."

Ish looked over to CH-1, smiling. He figured the hunter understood. They'd rattled the competition. They knew what they knew now, which wasn't a lot. That'd mean, however, that they were likely to move more forcefully, to get that info. Projection of force without information often lead towards bluntness, violence. It had its uses, he had used blunt forcing before. Ish took out his data-pad, sending a message to Isotech, encoded as always.

Have made contact with competition. Aware of connection with Isotech. Suggest increased state of readiness. Personal read: Violence likely.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bonn wanders the hanger area--at least in the allowed sections (several bays are private, reserved for high-rollers heading to the casinos), using her extensive experience in hangers to subconsciously guide her footsteps, randomly chatting with crewmen and techs going about their jobs.

What you can use to find info about stuff: Know(lore), Know(Outer Rim), Know(Xenology), Streetwise, Computers, and Know(Underworld). What results you get will be "flavored" in keeping with the method you gained the info.

In this case, Bonn's best chance is know(lore):

1 ability 1customw{1:iid:1746420;2:iid:1746421;1:iid:1746423;2:iid:1746418;1:iid:1746422;1:iid:1746419} -> ( iid:1746419) -> (
) [+]
, Proficiency 1customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} -> ( iid:1746451) -> (
) [+]
, plus 1 boost die for familiarity 1customw{2:iid:1746426;1:iid:1746427;1:iid:1746428;1:iid:1746425;1:iid:1746424} -> ( iid:1746425) -> (
) [+]



From a variety of off-duty crew over the next 30 minutes, Bonn learns:

"Cholganna? Nah, not often. Nexu hunters used to go out there, but so many of them got eaten, it doesn't happen much anymore. Hmm...I wonder if I should update my maps, though. Word is someone found something saying the Sa Naloor is out that way. Maybe I'll get a few fares."

"IsoTech? I hear Yiyar Clan salvaging has taken a recent interest in IsoTech's Raxus Prime facility. Crazy, if you ask me. As if it wasn't bad enough there's an Imperial shipyard there."

(whispered) "You need prime weapons tech? Ship upgrades, or maybe some other tech the Empire doesn't want you to have? IsoTech is your best bet, if you know how to ask."

----------

As the group heads back to the hanger, Reom replies to Ish:

Understood. Make sure you keep an eye out as well. Almost done hiding pod. Let me know if you see trouble heading this way.


By the time the group gets back, Bonn is returning from her wandering, and the group finds itself back together at the ship.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 531120. eddie_drood
  • 1customw{1:iid:1746420;2:iid:1746421;1:iid:1746423;2:iid:1746418;1:iid:1746422;1:iid:1746419} =
  • ( iid:1746419) =
  • ( iid:1746419)
  • 1 ability
  • Wed Apr 9, 2014 1:43 pm
  • [+]
  • 531122. eddie_drood
  • 1customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} =
  • ( iid:1746451) =
  • ( iid:1746451)
  • Proficiency
  • Wed Apr 9, 2014 1:44 pm
  • [+]
  • 531124. eddie_drood
  • 1customw{2:iid:1746426;1:iid:1746427;1:iid:1746428;1:iid:1746425;1:iid:1746424} =
  • ( iid:1746425) =
  • ( iid:1746425)
  • 1 boost die for familiarity
  • Wed Apr 9, 2014 1:49 pm
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
South Gate
California
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks, that's exactly what I was going for

Once back at the ship, Bonn quickly fills everyone else in on the information she received.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Once back at the ship, Jak decides he needs to take responsibility for his ship, even something as simple as its name. He arranges for the maintenance droids to finish painting the name on the hull, leaving it covered with a painter's drop-sheet.

Calling the crew to gather around, Jak addresses them saying, "Alright folks, looks like things are getting real. We have a good ship, we have the right equipment, we have a skilled crew, and we have a lucrative job. This won't be easy. We have even seen some people who might want to stop us. There's also the forces of the Empire that always complicate things for people like us. However, I believe we can pull this off," and using something he just learned from Ishmael, looks each of them in the eyes in turn, "and I believe in each of you. And now, I'd like to tell you all the name of this fine ship we'll call home for the next little while. It's a name that invokes hope and exploration. Lady, droid, and gentlemen, I give you, the Sunseeker!" With that last exclamation, he pulls off the drop-sheet with a small flourish to reveal the name to all.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Those outside the group around the hanger bay seem totally unimpressed, but the droid did a nice job, and the name is on the ship with the appropriate stylized font that Jak requested.

...

A short time later, the group gets a call on Ish's comlink from Reom. He looks a bit battered, and is holding bandaging his hip while he talks, his image flickering as he sways out of the holocaster's focus occasionally.

"That was fun. Just fought off a couple of very pushy Rodians trying to sneak into my hanger bay. I stopped them before they could get to the pod, but they did discover IT-3 coming in. Not sure if they'd try anything that blatant, but stay alert. IT-3 should be arriving in an hour or so."

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eddie_drood wrote:
Those outside the group around the hanger bay seem totally unimpressed

What? You can't have drama without melodrama, or something...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
South Gate
California
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bonn stifles a yawn. "So can we finally get this show on the road?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ishmael's in a good mood, or something close to it. Sure, he's nervous, sure, they had opposition on a mission that was liable to be hard even without outside interference...But they knew now. They knew each other now, it was a meeting of opposition. And they'd be ready. He followed Jak into the hangar, frowning. Seemed like Jak had made a decision...He was curious. It was his ship after all...

"Sunseeker, huh?" He smiled, nodding. "I like it! Now let's hope that when we find our sun, we don't fly too close to it..." Smiling, he looked at the ship. Sunseeker...Yeah, that'd fit the beauty.

He dug his communicator out of his pocket, nodding to Reom's message. So he had been right. Violence was in the air, they'd watch their backs..."ETA of the package in one hour...Be careful, it could get hairy.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

A short while later, a YT-2400 lands in the bay, about 6 bay spaces down from the Sunseeker. There's enough room in the bay to see around intervening ships, and the group notices that a few twitchy Rodians in orange flight suits step out of the YT-2400 and look around, like they are waiting for something.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

A message from Shira arrives to the group:

IT-3's shuttle has landed. He should be at your bay in 10 minutes.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
South Gate
California
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eddie_drood wrote:

A message from Shira arrives to the group:

IT-3's shuttle has landed. He should be at your bay in 10 minutes.

Can they confirm the type of shuttle/name of shuttle we are looking for?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

The shuttle is a commercial one, ferrying passengers of all types to the Wheel. It docked at bay #47b, one used for tourists and other non-cargo haulers, about 4 minutes walk from the bay the group is in (#39c).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Lads..." Ishmael flexes his fingers, his grey eyes clear, his breath steady, but there is a hunger to them. For the first time perhaps, those who know the full story of the Corellians history gain perhaps a flash of understanding to the bounty hunter. Even if Ishmael might insist that he wants peace, wants to settle down, they can perhaps see for a moment the hunter, the predator. Nostrils flared, eyes wide, fingers slick and ready. "Just keep it cool. Eye on the droid. If frack hits the fan, let me and CH lead...Don't disappoint me."

He tosses his cigarette down, moving towards the transport IT-3 is supposed to be on, a picture of confidence, a kind of devil may care arrogance. It's a sham, he's on a hair trigger...But he trusts the crew. Even the devil can be taught...And even the devil can walk into heaven.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jak surprised even himself with what he ended up saying. OK, maybe it was a bit over the top but he knew he had to at least try to get this team to gel together as a unit or they won't last long.

He was also taking the loss of Dr. Sal hard. He was counting on his contribution to the team. But then he was called away on some altruistic crusade. And even with that Jak respected the doctor even more, serving humane motives instead of monetary ones.

Shaking off his reverie he had to take he own words to heart, things were getting real. Ish put them all on notice to stay sharp. Looking at Ish closely, he sees just how serious the Corellian thinks this could get. "OK Ish, I'm right behind you."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We should head towards the shuttle before the Rodians intercept IT-3. I have a bad feeling about them. Or I would if I had feelings. CH-1 starts towards Bay #47b.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The group strides across the deck plates, moving quickly towards bay #47b. Crowds of tourists, gamblers, and crewmen coming and going obscure the view, but the group sees an odd sight--3 Rodians pushing a restrained droid onto a cargo sled--and that droid looks a lot like IT-3! One of the Rodians glances up, apparently tipped off by someone, and spots the group heading their way.

they are at medium range from the group, at the moment, and look like they'll be running away momentarily...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
South Gate
California
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bonn looks around trying to gauge how exposed they are. She senses trouble, but wonders how much more trouble of the Imperial kind could fall down on them if a gunfight ensues. At any rate, she pulls her blaster from.her holster and looks around for cover (blaster is.not fully drawn, just unholstered so it wouldnt be obvious to anyone that she's threatening at this point).

(Are the imperials the main security force if the wheel?)
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If I take two strain, I can run up to them and deck them, right? Hit the one at the head of the grav-sled hard?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wheel is popular because it is "forgotten" by the Empire, allowing a variety of things to happen. The Wheel as its own security guards (and droids), and almost never has the Empire showed itself--in fact, only once when they were chasing high-value rebels (some guys named Solo and Sky...something). Rumors abound, though, that Imperial Security Bureau has agents on the station, watching.

Running up to them and fighting will initiate combat--which means everyone gets to roll their Cool!


Rodian 1 2customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} -> ( iid:1746452 iid:1746448) -> (
) [+]

Rodian in a hood 2customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} -> ( iid:1746447 iid:1746452) -> (
) [+]

Rodian 2 1customw{1:iid:1746420;2:iid:1746421;1:iid:1746423;2:iid:1746418;1:iid:1746422;1:iid:1746419} -> ( iid:1746421) -> (
) [+]




4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 532426. eddie_drood
  • 2customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} =
  • ( iid:1746452 iid:1746448) =
  • ( iid:1746452 iid:1746448)
  • Rodian 1
  • Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:36 pm
  • [+]
  • 532429. eddie_drood
  • 2customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} =
  • ( iid:1746447 iid:1746452) =
  • ( iid:1746447 iid:1746452)
  • Rodian in a hood
  • Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:38 pm
  • [+]
  • 532431. eddie_drood
  • 1customw{1:iid:1746420;2:iid:1746421;1:iid:1746423;2:iid:1746418;1:iid:1746422;1:iid:1746419} =
  • ( iid:1746421) =
  • ( iid:1746421)
  • Rodian 2
  • Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:38 pm
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [47] |