The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Beyond Bightwater
The Fantasy Trip: Legacy Edition
GURPS New Sun
Starfinder Core Rulebook
Stone Dragon Mountain
Ur-Turuk City Guide
Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells
Dungeon World Roleplaying Game
The Quiet Year
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Through Dungeons Deep: A Fantasy Gamers' Handbook
X-Card
Kids on Bikes
World of Lazarus
Rebel Times (Issue 139 - Apr 2019)
Mythic
Mythic Game Master Emulator
L-1: City of Lies
RuneQuest Pirates
The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game, Volume 1: Your Story
Advanced Race Guide
Vampire: The Masquerade (20th Anniversary Edition)
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Enter the Unknown
The End of the World: Zombie Apocalypse
Feats Reforged Vol. III: The Combat Feats
Sorcerers of Ur-Turuk
Feats Reforged Vol. IV: The Magic Feats
The GameMaster's Apprentice
Tome of Secrets (V20 Dark Ages)
Tales from the Loop
Realms of Terrinoth
Ironsworn
Treasure Hunter: Complete Rulebook (1st Edition)
Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
Kids on Bikes: Deluxe Edition
Bunnies & Burrows Fantasy Role Playing Game
Dark Streets & Darker Secrets
The Book of Many Things Campaign Exclusive Content
The Witch of Underwillow
Fireball
A Friend in Need
Volo's Complete Subrace Handbook
Dungeon Masters Guide (AD&D 1e)
Star Frontiers
Fiend Folio
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Earth Season 1617

It is the start of Movement Week of Earth Season 1617. Each year during this week the Orlmarth clan celebrates the Harvest, culminating in Esrola's great holy day on Clayday at her shrine at Oranesstead.

The entire Orlmarth community meets to celebrate Ernalda, Esrola, Orane, and the other earth goddesses, who bring life to the world. On Freezeday, the Harvest Queen is crowned and the Harvest Games begin. On Waterday, with the Harvest Games complete, the Barley King is crowned to wed the Harvest Queen for a night. Finally, on Clayday, the priestesses and devotees perform ceremonies, cast auguries, and make plans for the coming seasons. The communal rites celebrate and prepare to bless the harvest. The private rites of the women celebrate Great Ernalda, the Creatrix of the Universe, Orane the Weaver of the World, and Esrola, the Mother of the Earth and Grain, from whom the bounty of the harvest ultimately comes. The clan protects these rites from outsiders to ensure the bounty of the Earth is blessed.

Occasionally merchants attend the ceremonies and they are enthusiastically welcomed. Sora Goodseller, a noted clan member, is one such merchant who has arrived from the south after several seasons on the caravan roads. The subsequent parade of carls, thanes, priestesses, gifts and guards from the outlying steads, arrive in good time before the festival day commences at sunset at the start of Movementweek. The devotees of Ernalda, Orane, and Esrola from each stead and their thanes present gifts as they arrive to Morganeth Whiteeye, chief priestess of the clan, and the priestesses and devotees remain in the temple for the night’s ceremonies to select the Harvest Queen.

The thanes return to their fellows in a village of tents and makeshift buildings erected on the meadow below Oranesstead and its holy shrine. In the center, dozens of long benches are set up where the revellers will drink wine from communal goblets, eat sacrificial food, boast, flirt, and be entertained by the skalds of each bloodline.


HeroQuest Glorantha
[OOC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - Part 1
[OOC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - Part 2

The Continuing Saga:
[IC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - part 2
[IC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - part 3
[IC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - part 4
[IC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - part 5
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hendrick sits with the old men of Oranesstead, Hantrafal Runemaker and Willandring the Windspeaker, as well as the thanes Wilms Vak, noted as the Bulltamer, and the Humakti Thorveld Grinningblade. Other thanes of the bloodline such as Aren and Orlrik have not yet arrived from their steads.

Though the Vasmarings have yet to arrive from Old Man Village (a somewhat surprising delay), those who have arrived from the other bloodlines, including many of the Ufarholtings around Korolvanth, have a good laugh at Hendrick's story.

Korolvanth responds in the verse he's famed for: "Sweet Swan-Road Siren / Sings Ring-rich Reflections" and gives a mock bow. "Perhaps with such fine words you fancy you will win yourself a Harvest Queen?"

Korolvanth's companions cheer: "Yes, yes, he's come to be the Barley King and sow his grains again!"

The ale flows and there is much boasting amongst the thanes of the bloodlines: stories of the summer raids, the richness of the harvest, and how Eranina Copper-Axe won her place as the Clan Weaponthane.

A stranger, one of the guards of Sora Goodseller's caravan, approaches Hendrick. In a somewhat accented voice he says: "Well met! And fine words! I am Jarolanth Darstsson of distant Karse, a fine city sitting upon the wondrous Mirrorsea, though I am but a poor merchant's guard. I was not expecting such fine entertainment upon my travels! You seem to have got someone's goat, though." He nods in Korolvanth's direction towards the brooding bard.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winnington
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jajagappa wrote:
Earth Season 1617The thanes return to their fellows in a village of tents and makeshift buildings erected on the meadow below Oranesstead and its holy shrine. In the center, dozens of long benches are set up where the revellers will drink wine from communal goblets, eat sacrificial food, boast, flirt, and be entertained by the skalds of each bloodline.
[...]
Hendrick sits with the old men of Oranesstead, Hantrafal Runemaker and Willandring the Windspeaker, as well as the thanes Wilms Vak, noted as the Bulltamer, and the Humakti Thorveld Grinningblade. Other thanes of the bloodline such as Aren and Orlrik have not yet arrived from their steads.


Aren - Outskirts of the celebration

As part of his cult duties, Aren arrives to walk the Star Watch for the start of the evening. Stalking the makeshift village, he minds the eddies and currents of the crowd, looking for those places where human flotsam will soon start collecting - the drunks, the fools and the trouble-seekers who prey on them.

He can't help but hear snatches of Korolvanth's rebuttal performance. His face curls into a cynical grin. "Hendrick already tweaking your tail, you old rat?" he thinks. "Must toast him later..."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="Geburah"]Aren - Outskirts of the celebration

"Out in the dark alone, Aren? Surely it's a night for celebrations, not night watches!"

Aren finds Sora Goodseller the merchant standing beside him. Hailing from Old Man Village, Sora travels across the land of Sartar and beyond, though she usually returns for the winter seasons. Her voice still has its usual musical quality, though perhaps a few more wrinkles around the eyes, and she wears her hat with the red feather as always.

"Our Hendrick is barely returned yet already tweaks the nose of the Woodpeckers! He'd better hope they go chasing Greydogs and not him! He doesn't want more exile - after all, I've heard that Overovash, the Lunar Slaveholder in the Nymie Valley, pays rewards to clans who inform him on exiles and outlaws. He then sends out his henchmen to capture and enslave the exiles."

She pauses, glancing around, and then continues. "Strange stories of King Kangharl these days. They say he is bewitched by a Lunar Sorcerer and his soul has been locked into an iron cage. Do you hear such stories, too? Another I've heard is that King Blackmoor refuses to reenact Tarndisi's Pact because he fears the Black Spear Clan would ambush him during the heroquest! Almost too many stories if you ask me."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Logan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
Jajagappa wrote:
Earth Season 1617

It is the start of Movement Week of Earth Season 1617. Each year during this week the Orlmarth clan celebrates the Harvest, culminating in Esrola's great holy day on Clayday at her shrine at Oranesstead.

The entire Orlmarth community meets to celebrate Ernalda, Esrola, Orane, and the other earth goddesses, who bring life to the world. On Freezeday, the Harvest Queen is crowned and the Harvest Games begin. On Waterday, with the Harvest Games complete, the Barley King is crowned to wed the Harvest Queen for a night. Finally, on Clayday, the priestesses and devotees perform ceremonies, cast auguries, and make plans for the coming seasons. The communal rites celebrate and prepare to bless the harvest. The private rites of the women celebrate Great Ernalda, the Creatrix of the Universe, Orane the Weaver of the World, and Esrola, the Mother of the Earth and Grain, from whom the bounty of the harvest ultimately comes. The clan protects these rites from outsiders to ensure the bounty of the Earth is blessed.

Occasionally merchants attend the ceremonies and they are enthusiastically welcomed. Sora Goodseller, a noted clan member, is one such merchant who has arrived from the south after several seasons on the caravan roads. The subsequent parade of carls, thanes, priestesses, gifts and guards from the outlying steads, arrive in good time before the festival day commences at sunset at the start of Movementweek. The devotees of Ernalda, Orane, and Esrola from each stead and their thanes present gifts as they arrive to Morganeth Whiteeye, chief priestess of the clan, and the priestesses and devotees remain in the temple for the night’s ceremonies to select the Harvest Queen.

The thanes return to their fellows in a village of tents and makeshift buildings erected on the meadow below Oranesstead and its holy shrine. In the center, dozens of long benches are set up where the revellers will drink wine from communal goblets, eat sacrificial food, boast, flirt, and be entertained by the skalds of each bloodline.


[OOC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan



Breya's Arrival

Pacing ahead leisurely, his ears and nose twitching with curiosity, the large tawny and russet-furred alynx is first to enter the stead; herald to the huntress.

"Indra! Come here you rogue!"


Breya's laughter chases after her companion as he races ahead to be greeted by a flock of children and the smiles of several clan elders.

Shaking her head and smiling, Breya hoists a recent catch up over her shoulders-two pair of rabbits and a fine deer-and continues along, following the dusty trail into the stead.

Celebrations are clearly underway, music and laughter sounding from the closest tent and the clansfolk busying themselves with preparations for the harvest rituals.

Breya's thoughts return to the current moment as Indra disappears amidst a whirling cloud of road-dust, laughter and eager hands.

I should probably go and make greetings with my mother and her kin. I'll drop this bounty off first though, it looks like we may have several clans-worth of hungry mouths to feed!

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winnington
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1Aren - Outskirts of the celebration, with Sora Goodseller
Jajagappa wrote:

"Out in the dark alone, Aren? Surely it's a night for celebrations, not night watches!"

"Well met, Sora, welcome to the feast," answers Aren, smiling warmly. Sora is good company. "Remember last year? I seem to recall you were glad that someone was on watch to make sure you had the same number of guards leaving as when you arrived..."

Jajagappa wrote:
"Our Hendrick is barely returned yet already tweaks the nose of the Woodpeckers! He'd better hope they go chasing Greydogs and not him! He doesn't want more exile - after all, I've heard that Overovash, the Lunar Slaveholder in the Nymie Valley, pays rewards to clans who inform him on exiles and outlaws. He then sends out his henchmen to capture and enslave the exiles."
Aren shrugs. "Hendrick's teasing tongue has always been the least of his worries and his most entertaining quality. There are other parts of him far more likely to lead to more exile..."

Jajagappa wrote:
She pauses, glancing around, and then continues. "Strange stories of King Kangharl these days. They say he is bewitched by a Lunar Sorcerer and his soul has been locked into an iron cage. Do you hear such stories, too? Another I've heard is that King Blackmoor refuses to reenact Tarndisi's Pact because he fears the Black Spear Clan would ambush him during the heroquest! Almost too many stories if you ask me."
Aren raises an eyebrow. "Sora, we all hear stories. If idle talk and rumours had any value, we'd all be rich and you'd be forced to retire. Why do people always need to invoke the Red Moon's sorcery? Fear, lust, stupidity and greed make far more solid cages than iron when it comes to trapping the soul. And as ever, we are our own worst enemies in the fight against the Lunars."

He shakes himself. "Ah, mind not my sour words. You're right, it's a time to savour sweet wine and let it wash away such thoughts. Let me finish my rounds, if you're willing, I'll join you for a toast?"

2
Aren is just renewing his acquaintance with Sora in his own manner. She knows him well enough not to mind his cynicism too much (he hopes).

If left to his own devices, he will finish his rounds and use the result to spot issues or as a augment for later if there is a need to "prevent trouble":
Watchful eye of the Ridge 2W + Truth/See beyond the Surface (+4) = 6W. Roll: 1d20 = (18) = 18
- fail bumped to success with the Mastery.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 571854. Geburah
  • 1d20 =
  • (18) =
  • 18
  • Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:05 pm
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pendraig wrote:

Breya's Arrival
...


Your fresh-faced, 10 year old half sister, Berrasin, rushes up to you. "Sister Breya! There you are! I've been waiting ever so long for you to show up, and here you all with food and all! Have you heard? Our dear sister Beneva is to be the Harvest Queen!! You should come see her! She's with mother and the priestess, of course, but I'm sure they'll let you see her. Oh, it's so exciting! And of course she thinks Carylanth, you know Chief Gordangar's youngest son, is sure to be the Barley King. She's fancied him for ever so long now. Of course, she doesn't want Kuldros to win. You know, Thandren the Farmer's son. He's got the face of a horse and Beneva thinks he's got no wit. But really, you must come and see her!"


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geburah wrote:
1Aren - Outskirts of the celebration, with Sora Goodseller


Sora well recalls the prior year. It's been hard to find decent guards. Why I had to hire a whole new crew down in Jansholm, then lost most of those and had to get new ones in Wilskirk! Too many think they'll make their fortunes with this new leader in the Heortland, this westerner they call Rikard the Tiger-hearted. But, honestly, would you support a leader known for cold cruelty? As you say, though, folk are known for following their greed. I'd hardly have a business if they had no desires!"

Sora continues in her rich melodic voice, "As to our Hendrick, yes, your point about other parts is far closer to the truth." She laughs. "Best he stay away from the Harvest Queen, I suspect."

"Yes, I'll walk along while you finish your rounds. My legs can use a good stretch after days on mule back and standing around Clearwine Fort.""

The evening seems peaceful enough beyond the carousing at the tents, though a few more stead families continue to trickle in. You see Kalf Coin-Oak and the Askinings come in, Kalf's eldest son boasting of how he'll be the next and greatest Barley King ever.

Sora notes, nodding toward Kalf, "Mind you, he's an ambitious one. Keeps his thoughts close to the chest he does - almost like an Ernalda priestess. Though I've not been up the Northward Trail for a couple years now, they say that the walls of Askiningstead are starting to rival those of Asborn Thrice-born's stead. Chief Gordangar can't be pleased."

She pauses, glancing around at the smaller than usual number of tents. Speaking of which, where is Gordangar? I'd have expected him to be here with all his Vasmaring line by now."

You've noted the conspicuous absence of the clan chieftain, in fact of many of the folk from Old Man Village as well.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winnington
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1Aren - Outskirts of the celebration, with Sora Goodseller

Sora wrote:
Sora well recalls the prior year. It's been hard to find decent guards. Why I had to hire a whole new crew down in Jansholm, then lost most of those and had to get new ones in Wilskirk! Too many think they'll make their fortunes with this new leader in the Heortland, this westerner they call Rikard the Tiger-hearted. But, honestly, would you support a leader known for cold cruelty? As you say, though, folk are known for following their greed. I'd hardly have a business if they had no desires!"
Aren grunts "I'd not wager my future on a predator either. He'll have trouble holding on to that carcass - scavengers abound."

Sora wrote:
Sora continues in her rich melodic voice, "As to our Hendrick, yes, your point about other parts is far closer to the truth." She laughs. "Best he stay away from the Harvest Queen, I suspect."

"For all we grew up close, my influence on him is limited - and I'd rather not shoulder that responsibility! You'd have a far better chance than I in drawing his attention elsewhere, I suspect" Aren adds, smiling.

Sora wrote:
Sora notes, nodding toward Kalf, "Mind you, he's an ambitious one. Keeps his thoughts close to the chest he does - almost like an Ernalda priestess. Though I've not been up the Northward Trail for a couple years now, they say that the walls of Askiningstead are starting to rival those of Asborn Thrice-born's stead. Chief Gordangar can't be pleased."
Aren takes in Sora's expression, idly curious as to her motives. "Gordangar rarely is - the cost of being on top is to spend most of your time fending off all those who'd climb over you to be in your stead."

Sora wrote:
She pauses, glancing around at the smaller than usual number of tents. Speaking of which, where is Gordangar? I'd have expected him to be here with all his Vasmaring line by now."
"Odd. They should be here by now." Aren turns to stare in the direction of Old Man village, looking for signs of movement.

2
If a roll is required to search for signs of movement in the direction of Old Man Village: See beyond the surface 2W + Fire rune - to see at night (+4) = 6W, Roll: 1d20 = (11) = 11- so fail bumped to success with the Mastery
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 571928. Geburah
  • 1d20 =
  • (11) =
  • 11
  • Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:11 pm
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geburah wrote:
1Aren - Outskirts of the celebration, with Sora Goodseller

Sora wrote:
She pauses, glancing around at the smaller than usual number of tents. Speaking of which, where is Gordangar? I'd have expected him to be here with all his Vasmaring line by now."
"Odd. They should be here by now." Aren turns to stare in the direction of Old Man village, looking for signs of movement.


They see no sign of movement along the River Trail from Old Man Village.

"Perhaps the Thunderer's Wagon has broken down or gotten stuck. It's a beastly thing to move along. I'm sure they'll be along. It's chilly here - perhaps it's time to attend the fires and have an ale?"

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanpat Suwannathat
Thailand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Jajagappa wrote:
Earth Season 1617

It is the start of Movement Week of Earth Season 1617. Each year during this week the Orlmarth clan celebrates the Harvest, culminating in Esrola's great holy day on Clayday at her shrine at Oranesstead.


Orlrik arrived at the place of celebration. He heard the music of Hendrick from afar. He talked to his sword companion. "Well that trouble maker is here alright." "If he cause any problem, you should bind him on the spot and I will deliver him to the Chief myself."

"It's the time for relax, young one." His sword said.

"Alright, let have something to drink and talk with other thanes. I am eager to know how things is in the King's court. I heard the worrying news about increasing influence of the Lunar infidels!"


"The time will come Orlrik, but this is not the time yet."

Orlrik grudgingly acknowledge his sword companion advice. He knows it's true, but doesn't want to accept it. He continue toward the venue.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winnington
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1Aren - Outskirts of the celebration, with Sora Goodseller

Sora wrote:
"Perhaps the Thunderer's Wagon has broken down or gotten stuck. It's a beastly thing to move along. I'm sure they'll be along. It's chilly here - perhaps it's time to attend the fires and have an ale?"

Ratslaf's snot, Aren swears in the privacy of his mind. How many times is it now?

"Sora," he says sternly, "You know better than to sell me on creature comforts and your delightful company. I'm so close to giving in and actually having fun that I just have to go for a brisk walk by the river until the urge wears off. I'll be back by the time you realize you don't miss me."

He sets out towards the River Trail, or whatever track will get him the best awareness of what might be happening with the Old Man village party.

He walks past young Orlrik as he goes. "Orlrick, well met. Still talking to your sword? High time you became Harvest King and got a wife..." He stops. "I'm going to check out what's happened to Gordangar and Old Thunderpa... Thunderer's party. You're fast. Care to join? Together we'll be back before the others get drunk enough to forget we're not there."

He sets off again...

2
Aren heads towards the village with the aim of working out - discreetly - what's going on with Gordangar's party. Ability: Initiate of Rigsdal 1W or Watchful Eye of the Ridge 2W, augmented with the Fire/Truth Runes (+4) or Last Tear's "burn with a cold fire" ability (+3) (to discretely light the way - the light looks like intense moon/starlight and can be modulated) - score between 4W and 6W.
Roll: 1d20 = (18) = 18 - fail bumped to success with W

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 572439. Geburah
  • 1d20 =
  • (18) =
  • 18
  • Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:33 am
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sanpats wrote:

"Alright, let have something to drink and talk with other thanes. I am eager to know how things is in the King's court. I heard the worrying news about increasing influence of the Lunar infidels!"

"The time will come Orlrik, but this is not the time yet."

Orlrik grudgingly acknowledge his sword companion advice. He knows it's true, but doesn't want to accept it. He continue toward the venue.


Although you don't see the clan chief, his huscarls, or the other thanes of the Vasmaring bloodline, most of the other clan thanes, carls, and elders have gathered around the tables and are enjoying the ale and roast meat pies.

Hendrick is sitting at one table talking to a young, well-muscled man that you don't recognize. Perhaps one of the merchant's guards? Others of your bloodline sit nearby telling old tales: the old men Hantrafal and Willandring, Wilms Vak the Bulltamer and Olav the Carpenter.

At another table the skald Korolvanth is reciting the Three Burnings of the Greydog Inn to much acclaim, particularly by the Ufarholting family, known for their hatred of the neighboring Greydog clan.

The Hindelssons and Ellisifsson occupy several tables: many seem to be well into their cups and all are quite boisterous. The Askinings have arrived as well and are just digging into the food.

Who do you join?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geburah wrote:
1Aren - Outskirts of the celebration, with Sora Goodseller

Ratslaf's snot, Aren swears in the privacy of his mind. How many times is it now?


The words: 'About every other year' go through Aren's mind.

Geburah wrote:

He sets out towards the River Trail, or whatever track will get him the best awareness of what might be happening with the Old Man village party.

He walks past young Orlrik as he goes. ..."I'm going to check out what's happened to Gordangar and Old Thunderpa... Thunderer's party. You're fast. Care to join? Together we'll be back before the others get drunk enough to forget we're not there."


Orlrik scans across the tables, thinking about some food and ale. Does he join Aren or proceed on to the feast?

Geburah wrote:
He sets off again...


Aren may or may not have company depending on Orlrik's choice.
Either way, he makes quick time downstream along the river trail, his softly glowing spear easily guiding his steps. Small animals of the night scurry off at his approach.
As he approaches Old Man Village and it's solid wood palisade. The smell of bonfire and roast meat fill the air as well as the sounds of many folk talking, though some seem to be in another language. There sounds like a lot of activity inside. As it's after nightfall the village gates are closed. Do you call out to gain entry?

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanpat Suwannathat
Thailand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
"It is unusual for them to be this late." Orlrik said to Aren. Though not very close, he has respect for the Thane who once fought with his demised father.

"Alright I will go with you"

When they arrived at the village gate. Orlrik heard people on different language.

"Something is wrong here, Aren. We must proceed with caution."

Orlrik tried to find a way to observe what going on inside of the village without alert people inside.

Using magic to jump silently above the wall. Movement Rune 10W 1d20 = (7) = 7

Success!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 572472. sanpats
  • 1d20 =
  • (7) =
  • 7
  • Movement Rune 10W
  • Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:30 am
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sanpats wrote:
...
Orlrik tried to find a way to observe what going on inside of the village without alert people inside.
Using magic to jump silently above the wall. sanpats previously rolled 1d20 = (7) = 7 (Movement Rune 10W)
Success!


Aren and Orlrik have come across Stone Creek, approaching the NE tower. While Aren scouts along the palisade edge, Orlrik attempts to leap like the wind up the NE tower to gain a vantage/view (as seen in the village map below).


With the tower rising up nearly 3x Orlrik's height, it is a tough challenge. 1d20 = (19) = 19

Orlrik grabs the tower edge and swings himself over. He surprises the villager stationed there. He's got moments before the guard cries out in alarm. Orlrik must control his Reckless instinct in order to take a reasoned action.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 572504. Jajagappa
  • 1d20 =
  • (19) =
  • 19
  • Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:37 am
Sanpat Suwannathat
Thailand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Jajagappa wrote:
Orlrik grabs the tower edge and swings himself over. He surprises the villager stationed there. He's got moments before the guard cries out in alarm. Orlrik must control his Reckless instinct in order to take a reasoned action.

Reckless 10W 1d20 = 1d20 = (9) = 9

Orlrik tried to quickly identified whether the villager is a friend or foe. Orlmath Clan 13 1d20 1d20 = (15) = 15

His sword companion,Theghor, will also tried to bind the villager with His sword's binding wind spirit.
Binding Wind 13 1d20 1d20 = (14) = 14
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 572532. sanpats
  • 1d20 =
  • (15) =
  • 15
  • Orlmath Clan 13 1d20
  • Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:05 am
  • [+]
  • 572533. sanpats
  • 1d20 =
  • (14) =
  • 14
  • Binding Wind 13 1d20
  • Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:07 am
  • [+]
  • 572538. sanpats
  • 1d20 =
  • (9) =
  • 9
  • Reckless 10W 1d20 =
  • Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:12 am
Matthew Logan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
Jajagappa wrote:
Pendraig wrote:

Breya's Arrival
...


Your fresh-faced, 10 year old half sister, Berrasin, rushes up to you. "Sister Breya! There you are! I've been waiting ever so long for you to show up, and here you all with food and all! Have you heard? Our dear sister Beneva is to be the Harvest Queen!! You should come see her! She's with mother and the priestess, of course, but I'm sure they'll let you see her. Oh, it's so exciting! And of course she thinks Carylanth, you know Chief Gordangar's youngest son, is sure to be the Barley King. She's fancied him for ever so long now. Of course, she doesn't want Kuldros to win. You know, Thandren the Farmer's son. He's got the face of a horse and Beneva thinks he's got no wit. But really, you must come and see her!"




Breya is almost bowled over by Berrasin's excitement; Indra long-since gathered up into the arms and attentions of her clanfolk.

"Greetings sister!"


Breya extends an arm to hug Berrasin while trying not to lose grip on the animal carcasses which hang from a stout wooden branch resting against her shoulder.

"Beneva? Harvest Queen? Surely mother will be pleased!"


Her thoughts turn to her family and she lets her sister go.

"Berrasin, I will be there soon, once I deliver this meat to the women's tent for preperation."


Breya loved her sisters dearly, but could never quite understand all the fuss made over the title of Harvest Queen. Still, it should be fun to watch.
Lettng out a sharp whistle in Indra's direction, she says farewell to Berrasin and continues on her way to the main women's tent with her haul.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
trigician wrote:

"Thank you, and well met! My name is Hendrick Willemson and this unparalleled instrument is the Heckling Spoon. Spoon, this is Joralanth Darstsson." Hendrick taps a basic melody while speaking to the caravan guard so that the Spoon can participate in the conversation or talk with others if it likes.

"Karse, is it? Yes, I hear it in your voice. Welcome to Sartar and the Orlmarth clan! I am sure the tale of how you came to be here tonight is an interesting one. Come, share a bench and some ale with me and tell me. I must warn you though, that I am still damaged goods around here, just returned from exile for getting too friendly with the wrong woman."


The caravan guard, a handsome and strong-looking young man, tells a short tale - a restless life amongst his clan; the lure of the city; romance, but fathers who refuse those who come from the fields; opportunity only as a guard. He's travelled widely now for several merchants, though suggesting that they're all greedy, leaving little for those that shoulder the dangers.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sanpats wrote:
Reckless 10W
sanpats previously rolled 1d20 = (9) = 9 (Reckless 10W 1d20 = )


Having left the soft light of Aren's spear behind and arriving in the darkened tower, Orlrik recklessly strikes out, landing a blow on the villager and knocking him down.

sanpats wrote:
Orlrik tried to quickly identified whether the villager is a friend or foe. sanpats previously rolled 1d20 = (15) = 15 (Orlmath Clan 13 1d20)


The villager rubs his head, trying to shake off Orlrik's strong blow. Orlrik recognizes him as Brodurev Orlgardsson, a carl and younger son of the clan lawspeaker.

His sword companion,Theghor, will also tried to bind the villager with His sword's binding wind spirit.
sanpats previously rolled 1d20 = (14) = 14 (Binding Wind 13 1d20) [/q]

The binding wind does not hold Brodurev, but the young man recognizes Orlrik from the reflected light of the bonfire below. What'd you go and do that for? Bad enough them Lunars show up with their merchant and all. And me sitting guard duty up in a cold watchtower.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winnington
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren - with Orlrik at Old Man Village

Jajagappa wrote:

As he approaches Old Man Village and its solid wood palisade, the smell of bonfire and roast meat fill the air as well as the sounds of many folk talking, though some seem to be in another language. There sounds like a lot of activity inside. As it's after nightfall the village gates are closed.


Orlrik wrote:
"Something is wrong here, Aren. We must proceed with caution."

Aren turns to Orlrik. "Sounds peaceful enough. Let's not do anything rash..." He finds himself talking to Orlrick's receding back.

Orlrik wrote:
Orlrik grabs the tower edge and swings himself over. He surprises the villager stationed there.

"We obviously don't have the same definition of 'caution'", mutters Aren. "And apparently now we're invading the chief's stead. Lovely."

Aren waits for a few seconds to see the results of Orlrik's stunt, fervently hoping he won't kill the guard.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanpat Suwannathat
Thailand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Jajagappa wrote:
The binding wind does not hold Brodurev, but the young man recognizes Orlrik from the reflected light of the bonfire below. What'd you go and do that for? Bad enough them Lunars show up with their merchant and all. And me sitting guard duty up in a cold watchtower.


Orlrik quickly help the Carl up. "My apology Brodurev. The chief was late and I came here with Aren to check things out. I heard the voice mutter the foreign language, so I think it is better to help in case they are enemies."

"Obviously you wre wrong, young one."
said Theghor.

"I know I know." Orlrik said angrily. "Better safe than sorry IF enemies really did attack."

"Hey Aren everything is not bad. Come right in." Orlrik shouted then mutter to himself "except we have those abominable Lunars here."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winnington
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1Aren - at Old Man Village with Orlrik and Brodurev
Orlrik wrote:
"Hey Aren everything is not bad. Come right in." Orlrik shouted then mutter to himself "except we have those abominable Lunars here."

"Sure Orlrik," says Aren in more measured tones, "let everyone know we're here..."

"Who's up there with you?" he asks. "Brodurev? Are you alright? Sorry bout Storm Bull here. D'you have a way up - I think I'd prefer to keep this little incident quiet... You?"

2
If Brodurev can let him up (rope ladder or rope, postern) and the little fracas - and shouting - hasn't alerted everyone, Aren climbs to join them. If not, he'll see about one of the gates.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorwen Finarfin
United States
Lemon Grove
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jajagappa wrote:
Earth Season 1617
The thanes return to their fellows in a village of tents and makeshift buildings erected on the meadow below Oranesstead and its holy shrine. In the center, dozens of long benches are set up where the revellers will drink wine from communal goblets, eat sacrificial food, boast, flirt, and be entertained by the skalds of each bloodline.


Dýrrkind joins the Thanes sitting near the head priest of the tribe, in the back of his mind he thinks, "there is soo much to prepare for, the holy day windsday" in a couple days. But he sit's in silence unless spoken to respecting his eldars. He nurses a ale for appearances, but eats any meat offered to him.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
trigician wrote:
...
Once Hendrick is certain that the guard is being treated like a guest by Hendrick's clansmen, Hendrick seeks out Korolvanth. Hendrick waits patiently while Korolvanth finishes whatever story or song he is performing. Afterwards, he knocks on the table politely to show his enjoyment and appreciation for the performance, then he approaches Korolvanth.

"Korolvanth, it's time we show our clan the advantages of having two skalds. Let's perform "Raise the Tribes for Starbrow" alternating verses and singing the choruses together with our clansmen. You can go first if you would like." Hendrick starts tapping out the rousing tune on the Heckling Spoon. "Spoon," he says quietly. "Let's play this one straight, but as best we can. Time to show the clan what you can do musically and that I'm the better skald."


Arrogant, troublesome Korolvanth is not one to readily compromise. He crosses his arms and scowls while Hendrick proceeds.

trigician wrote:

Hendrick puts his heart into the performance. He was an exile during Starbrow's Rebellion and therefore could not fight with his clansmen. Nevertheless, he was there in disguise fighting with another clan. He uses the song to demonstrate to the clan that he was on their side and shares the clan's sympathies. He also uses it to try to develop a working relationship with Korolvanth. Sure, they're rivals, but they are from the same bloodline and should be able to pull off a friendly rivalry with good-natured jabs rather than a spiteful one.


The crowd on the whole is quite pleased with the performance (though perhaps you see some of the Hindelssons' muttering amongst each other?). Some of Korolvanth's friends scold or tease him for his refusal. Do you try to overcome Korolvanth's arrogant, stubborn pride?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.