Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Pony
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a terrific time as RPG GotW, it was great to chat and get to know all of you. But now I must hand the reigns over to someone new! And when we need someone with boundless enthusiasm, cheerfulness, and just a happy nature who would you think of? Well of course it's

Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sarah has participated in games here on the site, but she also actively gets people playing more games and chatting! Her 2014 Challenge: Play 10 Games 10 Times Each and The Anything Goes Chat Thread lists are quite popular and really foster community here. So raise a and congratulate Sarah on GotW!

Quote:
d10-0d10-1d10-2d10-3d10-4 CHARACTER SHEET d10-4d10-3d10-2d10-1d10-0

NAME: Sarah Reed
LEVEL: mb
CLASS: Dreamer mb
RACE: Human
ALIGNMENT: Lawful Good
LANGUAGES: Most proficient in: D&D 3.5e and D&D 4e

ARMOR CLASS: 10 Average defenses
HIT POINTS: 8 Slightly below average health

STRENGTH: 6 Some babies are stronger
CONSTITUTION: 8 Chronic conditions have sapped youthful vigor
DEXTERITY: 8 Not as nimble... ah, who is she kidding, she was never nimble
INTELLIGENCE: 15 Brain is the second best thing she’s got going for her
WISDOM: 14 Good common sense honed by experience
CHARISMA: 16 While normally introverted, won’t shut up about her hobbies

BACKGROUND:
Sarah has lived in the greater Sacramento area (CA) all her life. While she would love to travel and visit places, she is a true home-body and loves nothing more to be at home doing a hobby activity. She is married to Will, a wonderfully supportive and fun guy, who has many of the same interests as her. Whether it be video games, board games, role-playing games, building LEGO or watching TV, they do almost everything together and love it. Both are very excited as their card game Project Dreamscape will launch on Kickstarter mid-February.

She started playing role-playing games in high school along with tabletop games such as Magic: The Gathering and Munchkin, and a lot of video games. She’s always been a pretty well-rounded Geek, though her interests lately have focused more on board games. However, her involvement in RPGs has increased with the discovery of PbF and she is currently participating in many fun adventures.

EQUIPMENT:
A small collection of RPGs due to having sold off all D&D 3e & 3.5 books years ago
A large library of board games, with a substantial subsection being LEGO board games

FEATS:
mb BGG Geek of the Week!
mb VGG Geek of the Week!
mb Love Spreader of the Week!
mb Created the Play 10 Games 10 Times Each Challenge!
mb I bought 100 MB in a day!

Poll
Two Truths & a Lie: Which statement is not true?
Sarah has played a Centaur in D&D
Sarah has played a Drow in D&D
Sarah has played a Pixie in D&D
      30 answers
Poll created by bobpony

(you can learn more about Geek of the Week at: http://rpggeek.com/wiki/page/RPG_Geek_of_the_Week)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: RPG Geek of the Week #255: Sarah Reed (username) SilvaShado
Congratulations Sarah!

1) Maple syrup or honey?
2) Coup or sedan?
3) Fate or free will?
4) Couch or loveseat?
5) Professional or amateur?

Enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Harmless
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You're really cleaning up on all these awards! Extra congrats on completing your GotW triptych! I've only been in one PbF with you but it was brilliant fun and I hope to be in more games with you in the future!

Do you have a favourite personality/role you like to play in RPGs?

Most played RPG?

What was your longest ever session?

What two RPGs do you think would make the awesomest (or silliest) mashup?

Have you ever used Lego as game pieces/accessories?

Enjoy your week!

God bless,
Kezle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Sarah! You deserve it!

Now, questions:

- What's your favourite lego set?
- Have you played the lego video games? Any favourites?
- What's your favourite beer, if any?
- What is the last book you read you really recommend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
I hide behind the pile of dead bards...
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Sarah!!! Happy Week to you!

d10-1 When faced with a puzzle in an RPG, do you prefer to approach it with your puzzle-solving skills, or with the puzzle solving skills your PC has?

d10-2 Which die is your favorite? Why?

d10-3 Do you like rolling a lot of dice at a time, or only one or two at a time?

d10-4 Do you have a favorite D&D class? Least favorite?

d10-5 What is the one thing you have never done in an RPG that people often say always happens during their games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Too late, too late" will be the cry…
badge
…when the man with the bargains has passed you by.
mbmbmbmbmb
Grats, Sarah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae Zin were here
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
All good things
badge
The BANCE - bear dance!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats and enjoy your week, Sarah!

I've missed you since... Toon? That adorable Reptaria and Rubina. Here's from Hercuweenie (who's normally shy of public affections) -

Muuuaaaaacccccck!

My usual questions:
1 1 + 1 + 1 = ?
2 If you could teleport to any place in the world or universe, assuming you can survive in that location, where would you go to?
3 What superpower would you choose, if you could choose to have any superpower, that you could use in the real world? Why?
4 In exchange for that superpower you chose, you now have to choose a superweakness, some Achilles heel. Your superweakness would be as terrible as your superpower is awesome. What would this superweakness be?
5 If you had to choose, in an epic RPG, to save your true love but doom the rest of the world to certain calamity, or let him/her die but save the rest of the world, what would you choose if there were only either of those two choices?
6 Bonus Question - when are we playing d&d together? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holcomb
United States
Cadott
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Playing D&D 5e, The One Ring
badge
Running Traveller (M2e)
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Sarah! Enjoy your special week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Vacation, B's
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb

Congrats, Sarah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much Bob!! It's quite an honor to be RPG Geek of the Week! I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone and answering questions!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Congratulations Sarah!

1) Maple syrup or honey?
2) Coup or sedan?
3) Fate or free will?
4) Couch or loveseat?
5) Professional or amateur?

Enjoy your week!
Thanks so much Tim!!

1. Maple syrup
2. Sedan
3. Free Will
4. Couch
5. Amateur
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kezle wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You're really cleaning up on all these awards! Extra congrats on completing your GotW triptych! I've only been in one PbF with you but it was brilliant fun and I hope to be in more games with you in the future!

Do you have a favourite personality/role you like to play in RPGs?

Most played RPG?

What was your longest ever session?

What two RPGs do you think would make the awesomest (or silliest) mashup?

Have you ever used Lego as game pieces/accessories?

Enjoy your week!

God bless,
Kezle
Thanks Kezle!! I'm quite ecstatic that I completed my GotW triptych. I never would have imagined this would happen, let alone in one year. And I definitely can't wait to play in another PbF with you.

For personality, I like to play the innocent ditz. As for role, I do like striker (anything that hands out the DPS). As for class, I like ranged weapons so typically go with a ranger or scout.

D&D has been the most played RPG.

I think close to 8 hours is the longest session I've been in.

Toon & Star Wars. That'd be hilarious!

We have used LEGO a few times for game pieces, but most of the time, we keep our hobbies separate.

Thanks for all the questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Akhatosh wrote:
Congratulations Sarah! You deserve it!

Now, questions:

- What's your favourite lego set?
- Have you played the lego video games? Any favourites?
- What's your favourite beer, if any?
- What is the last book you read you really recommend?
Thanks so much Bavo!!

oh, geez, favorite LEGO set is so hard to choose! At the moment, the set I want the most is the large Ewok Village that retails for $250. My favorite set that I own that we've built is the Arkham Asylum. But we have so many sets we haven't put together that one of them may become my new favorite once we build it.

I own the LEGO video games more than play them. I've only really played the first and second Star Wars ones. I'm actually pretty terrible at them.

BJ's Brewery makes a handcrafted root beer that I love.

I actually just started rereading the Dresden Files for the third time. I will always recommend Jim Butcher's work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lorddillon wrote:
Congrats Sarah!!! Happy Week to you!

d10-1 When faced with a puzzle in an RPG, do you prefer to approach it with your puzzle-solving skills, or with the puzzle solving skills your PC has?

d10-2 Which die is your favorite? Why?

d10-3 Do you like rolling a lot of dice at a time, or only one or two at a time?

d10-4 Do you have a favorite D&D class? Least favorite?

d10-5 What is the one thing you have never done in an RPG that people often say always happens during their games?
Thanks Samuel!!

I'm terrible at puzzle, so the answer is the big hammer that my PC has... always.

My favorite die is a d20 because it feels better to me.

If I'm using my dice tower, I roll a few dice at a time because it's a small dice tower. But if I use Will's dice tray, I like to roll a lot at once and see them bounce around.

My favorite D&D class is the ranger. My least favorite would be paladin.

I've never gone wenching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MichMedia wrote:
Grats, Sarah!
Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
taen wrote:
Congrats and enjoy your week, Sarah!

I've missed you since... Toon? That adorable Reptaria and Rubina. Here's from Hercuweenie (who's normally shy of public affections) -

Muuuaaaaacccccck!

My usual questions:
1 1 + 1 + 1 = ?
2 If you could teleport to any place in the world or universe, assuming you can survive in that location, where would you go to?
3 What superpower would you choose, if you could choose to have any superpower, that you could use in the real world? Why?
4 In exchange for that superpower you chose, you now have to choose a superweakness, some Achilles heel. Your superweakness would be as terrible as your superpower is awesome. What would this superweakness be?
5 If you had to choose, in an epic RPG, to save your true love but doom the rest of the world to certain calamity, or let him/her die but save the rest of the world, what would you choose if there were only either of those two choices?
Aw, thank you so much Hercuweenie!! kiss

um... 3, well, sometimes anyway.

I'd go to GenCon!

I'd choose healing as my superpower, for both myself and others.

As for my superweakness, I'd go with the inability to be creative.

Sorry, good-bye world.

I'd love to play D&D with you. I've been itching play 4th edition again. Maybe sometime next year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MonsterMike wrote:
Congratulations, Sarah! Enjoy your special week.
Thanks so much!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulligans wrote:

Congrats, Sarah!
Thank you!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae Zin were here
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
All good things
badge
The BANCE - bear dance!
mbmbmbmbmb
SilvaShado wrote:
taen wrote:
I'd love to play D&D with you. I've been itching play 4th edition again. Maybe sometime next year!
Wonderful! I have the PHB although I don't play it much. Many folks out there don't like it, although I care less about mechanics than having wonderful people like you to play it with.

I am actually running 2 tables of a 4e campaign "Dark Legacy of Evard" using 3.5e rules now. But my tables are not moving as fast as I would like, in fact one table has almost stalled.

Anyway, let's IM each other about this soon. We might as well ask for an indication of interest here. Anyone else...? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Sarah! Woooo! You're the third woman in a row to make the trifecta. Girl Power laugh

Here are my usual questions (if I've asked these before, feel free to copy paste your answer):

A Sunrise or sunset?
B Ocean or lake?
C What's the farthest place you've ever traveled to?
D If money (or nothing else for that matter) would be no object, where would you travel to?
E If you could go back in time and meet any one person you'd like to, who'd you meet and why?
F Your favourite pizza toppings?
G Any pets?
H What's the weirdest food you actually happen to love?
I What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
J What was the last film you saw? Would you recommend it?
K When buying RPGs, do you prefer dead tree or PDF?

Bonus questions:

L From the very basic LEGO shapes, which one is your favourite?
M Do you still remember what LEGO package was your very first one?
N Will you participate in both, the normal and harcore 10x10 challenge next year?

Enjoy your week
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
taen wrote:
SilvaShado wrote:
taen wrote:
Wonderful! I have the PHB although I don't play it much. Many folks out there don't like it, although I care less about mechanics than having wonderful people like you to play it with.

I am actually running 2 tables of a 4e campaign "Dark Legacy of Evard" using 3.5e rules now. But my tables are not moving as fast as I would like, in fact one table has almost stalled.

Anyway, let's IM each other about this soon. We might as well ask for an indication of interest here. Anyone else...? whistle
One reason why I love 4e is it's less about mechanics than 3.5, and I feel so much more like a hero for internal reasons than because I have awesome equipment. As far as I'm concerned, I can live the rest of my life happy if I never play another 3.5 game. So I'm definitely up for organizing something. I just can't commit to being DM right now/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Sarah, Geek of the Week twice in a few weeks! Enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
Congrats Sarah! Woooo! You're the third woman in a row to make the trifecta. Girl Power laugh

Here are my usual questions (if I've asked these before, feel free to copy paste your answer):

A Sunrise or sunset?
B Ocean or lake?
C What's the farthest place you've ever traveled to?
D If money (or nothing else for that matter) would be no object, where would you travel to?
E If you could go back in time and meet any one person you'd like to, who'd you meet and why?
F Your favourite pizza toppings?
G Any pets?
H What's the weirdest food you actually happen to love?
I What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
J What was the last film you saw? Would you recommend it?
K When buying RPGs, do you prefer dead tree or PDF?

Bonus questions:

L From the very basic LEGO shapes, which one is your favourite?
M Do you still remember what LEGO package was your very first one?
N Will you participate in both, the normal and harcore 10x10 challenge next year?

Enjoy your week
Thanks Jonna! I know, I'm so stoked that we now have so many women being GoTW and getting the trifecta!

You may have asked the questions before, but my answers may have changed.

A sunset
B lake
C Michigan
D GenCon or Billund, Denmark (origin of LEGO)
E Robin Williams so I could thank him for all the uplifting laughs and let him know that he's appreciated.
F I love olives and mushrooms on my pizza. Plus I prefer white garlic sauce.
G I would love to have a dog again.
H Weirdest food... um, I love melting butter over white rice and then covering it in Parmesan cheese. I love the taste and texture combo.
I I just started rereading the Dresdren Files by Jim Butcher. Since this will be my third time reading it, I think it's obvious that I like it.
J Um, been a while since I saw a movie...it may have been the LEGO Movie, which I definitely recommend to any and everyone. IT IS AWESOME! whistle
K I used to only get printed, but our shelf space has been taken up by board games and LEGO, so lately, it's been pdfs. Which I'm still not that fond of, but some things are easier to reference since you can do a word search and print out certain pages if you need them at the table.

L I'm assuming when you say basic LEGO, you mean brick sizes, and if that is the case, my favorite is the 1X1 brick because it is so versatile in what you can do with it.
M I cannot remember what my first LEGO set was as my memory is terrible. But I do know that my childhood collection was overwhelmingly Castle.
N I would like to participate in both the normal and harcore 10x10 challenge next year, but Will is very wary about committing to both because if the hardcore list falls flat, he will not be pushing us through like we did this year. It got to be a bit too stressful and unpleasant. So if we need to change more than one game, we'll be downgrading to normal. However, I am going to be keeping in mind to try to find games we can play 10 times so that I can put a normal list together if, as we get near the end of the year and we're looking like we can complete the hardcore, I will compose and pursue a normal list. I'm also hoping that the new iPad mini that Will got me for the holidays will help in the normal challenge. I so can't wait to get it!! I've already bought board game apps for it that were on sale the last few weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bombadillo wrote:
Congratulations, Sarah, Geek of the Week twice in a few weeks! Enjoy your week!
Thank you!! I know, it's so exciting that I was BGG GotW in Novemeber and now RPGG GotW in December. I feel so honored and excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!

here are my usual questions.

- What's your favorite monster?
- What's your favorite beer or other drink?
- Which boardgames do you prefer?
- What's your favorite meal?
- Will you congratulate your BGG and VGG counterpart and ask him/her some questions?
- What was the most strange character you've ever created?
- Did you participate in one of the site wide adventures? How did it go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |