Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Halloween 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I'm making a bit of a mess of this part... let's add to the truth, then.

Oliver

3 - The Past
2 - The Wrong Side of the Tracks

Carrie

26 - The Cult - Old guard and upstart
2 - Need to get even...

Sam

6 3- Community - Church
6 - Object: Sentimental

Eric

46 - Romance - Long-time lust and object of desire
32 - Need to get the truth...about why she came here

Oliver

Remaining dice:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries - learning is part of what we're doing here!

I'm going to use a... 2 to make The Past into friends from childhood.

Oliver

3 2 - The Past - friends from childhood, before all this...

Carrie

2 - Need to get even...

Sam

6 3 - Community - Church
6 - Object: Sentimental

Eric

Oliver

Remaining dice:

Back to Carrie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm adding 3 to make the Object: Sentimental into a newborn baby. It just seems fitting.

Oliver

Carrie

2 - Need to get even...

Sam

6 3 - Community - Church
6 3 - Object: Sentimental - A newborn baby

Eric

Oliver

Remaining dice:

On to Sam!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb

Oliver

Carrie

26 - Need to get even... with the Old One

Sam

6 3 - Community - Church

Eric

Oliver

Remaining dice:

This die is a WILD DIE, which means that Eric can chose any number from 1-6 on the chart in order to flesh out the one remaining item ( The wrong side of the tracks )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Halloween 2019
mbmbmbmbmb

It was a toss-up between 1 and 2, but in the end I've decided to keep the number as it is:

Oliver

2 2 - The Wrong Side of the Tracks... Diamond Pete's, a still and speak easy

Carrie

26 - Need to get even... with the Old One

Sam

6 3 - Community - Church

Eric

Oliver

Remaining dice:
All gone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, so, now we need to do a bit to establish who our characters are, and give a bit of life to the relationships. It doesn't have to be excessively detailed, but we do need to put some flesh on the bones, so to speak.

I think on the one side of my relationships, Carrie and I grew up together on the wrong side of the tracks - but maybe she's move on/up/out, and I still live there. On the other side, I wonder if there might be a love triangle of some kind - perhaps I'm madly in love with Eric, who is in love with/married to someone else - maybe even Sam? But who is the "she" - me? Eric? someone else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, firstly - Carrie - do you want to be the "old guard" or the "upstart" in "The Cult"???

I am in the church which is "(deacons, missionaries, outreach workers)"

I quite fancy being the Old Guard - a deacon in a church but also someone quite high in the Cult ranks too! So playing both sides, a decided ying/yang! And of course, also a bare-faced liar!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Halloween 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of being Sam's wife, married after meeting through the church. It seems we have a baby together, but is it his, or Oliver's, or something else's?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Wine Pie wrote:
I like the idea of being Sam's wife, married after meeting through the church. It seems we have a baby together, but is it his, or Oliver's, or something else's?

*Cough* Demon Spawn *cough*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Halloween 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifford wrote:
Red Wine Pie wrote:

*Cough* Demon Spawn *cough*

Cuddly old Uncle Dagon's...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Sam, if you want old guard, I'll proudly take the young upstart! Which works nicely coming from the wrong side of the tracks. Perhaps I used to work at Diamond Pete's, before my involvement in the cult gave me access to how to better my life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What more need to be decided before the start?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If people are basically satisfied with what we've hashed out above, we just need to introduce ourselves properly - I'll go first (since I'm first in the turn order), but I'll wait til a bit later tonight in case there are outstanding questions about anything we've discussed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! As someone who has never played Fiasco before I wasn't sure if more discussion was needed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It can vary a bit, depending what comes up in the first stage. As long as we're kind of on the same page, we can move forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Halloween 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
The 'Need to get the truth...' between Oliver and Me perhaps suggests he knew me from before I came to town, or that he suspects something odd about me. Is he hoping I came here because of him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. I think if Eric is an outsider to the town, he (she) could have a motivation for coming to the town that is hidden - perhaps related to the cult? perhaps Eric's marriage to Sam is a sham in both directions - Sam trying to do a Rosemary's Baby demon-spawning on Eric, and Eric using Sam to infiltrate the cult? And that leaves me...madly in love with Eric, but suspicious about why he (she) came here? Hints, clues, etc. that her outward reasons are hiding her true motivation, which are related to the cult (which maybe I'm actually ignorant of?). I don't know, though - just some thoughts I had!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Halloween 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I think that makes more sense. I'm seeing her as a younger woman with a magnetic but slightly uncomfortable look in her eyes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, so, unless there are any other questions, let's introduce ourselves! I'll start, and we'll go round the table - then we'll start the first scene.

I'm Danny. I've grown up in this town, but literally on the wrong side of the tracks, and I've never been able to move out or up. I used to spend a lot of time at Diamond Pete's with my best friend - but she's moved on and up, like everyone else seems to, and so now I spend a lot of time there alone, drinking. For the rest, I'm a general handyman, always doing odd jobs - replace your roof, fix your faucet, pave your driveway, you name it. Some time ago, I did a job for a wealthier family, and I've been obsessed with the woman ever since - obsession turned into something more, and for her own reasons (maybe she wanted a bit of rough? who knows - I sure don't!), shes encouraged my attention. She got pregnant, too - is it mine? - even talked about leaving her husband...but so far, nothing's changed. Now I'm getting suspicious - things she's said, things she's done - it doesn't add up. I have to know - one way or another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm Carla, and like Danny, I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. We played there together as kids, and hell, caged some free drinks from Diamond Pete's a long time ago. But I've clawed my way up out of that dump. Like I was going to be stuck over there forever! I know the best way to move on up is to make friends with those at the top. So I became a secretary. A good one too. I know when to listen, when to take notes, what secrets to keep, and when to sell people out to the higher bidder. So I joined the one group that I knew had influence in this town and worked my way up. Not that I didn't ruffle a few feathers doing so! And I'd be higher placed too, if it wasn't for that damn man holding me back! What does he know anyway? I am owed a better life than I was stuck with, and I won't tolerate being second to anyone. Not even the Old Ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, weekends are not generally my own now there's four of us!

Okay then. Carrie gave me some things to work from there.

'A deacon in a church but also quite high in the Cult ranks too!
So playing both sides, a decided ying/yang! And of course, also a bare-faced liar!!'

Luca Trelawny is a 4th generation inhabitant of this town. Back in his great-grandfather's day this place still consisted of just 'one-side of the track' but over the past generations it grew and sprawled. The Church, that is The New England Church of God, has been here since his time - he helped build it along with its many secrets. The Trelawny's have held a position within the Church ever since and Luca is a Deacon as his father was.

That's the public side of things, but beneath that, and beneath the church, lies the 'other side'. He didn't run the cult, god no, but he was highly influential within it. Known as one of the Old Ones they were the real power behind things in this town, especially the speakeasy's and liquor production.

Luca had no wife or child of his own. Truth be told he held no love for women or the carnal sins.....and yet....yet there was a baby......

Oh, and that damned woman! Sure, she got the church secretarial job all above board and legal like, but then she stuck her nose in where it really wasn't wanted and discovered the church's secrets. They had had only two choices: off-her as a sacrificial lamb, or indoctrinate her into the cult at the lowest level. The Great Old One went with the later and she'd been a thorn in Luca's side ever since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Halloween 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
I am Abigail Waite, a young woman who has come to town from a remote coastal village. There is a branch of the Church of God there, and I am the daughter of the local pastor. I know the origin of the cult from older days, when the priests were humble and showed true reverence in the face of the gods.

There are some around town who show the proper reverence and that I have encouraged; others who may find their dreams and empires changed and gone. Some stare in lust and others in disgust as I walk by, though they may not know why.

I have recently given birth, though the identify of the father is not apparent. Deacon Trelawny could not deny that the child was special by its marks, and his influence keeps me in the appearance of propriety among the dull townsfolk. The child's arrival marks a change for many in this town...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens after introductions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Halloween 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump! If Bifford is able to respond, I think we're ready to start the first scene.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |