Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's time for the other folk to show their choice of colour dice for Carrie to take out. My next post can quite easily go one of two ways and so I need to know whether it's good or bad for her.

I think Carla gets in to the cult whatever (needed for story plot) but it's whether Luca tears her down a strip or two that matters now.

Carrie, can you clarify exactly what Carla's AIMS were going in to this scene?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, how to distill down what Carla wants.

She AIMS to have more power. MORE! And I have a feeling she failed.

In a way, she does have more, but it isn't enough.

Does that work as a goal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Halloween 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
I think she'd frustrated for the time being... achieved one goal only to see there's much more work to do - and she realizes she has the same obstacle in her church and cult life. So I'd vote for a black die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Oliver is on hiatus from PbF games for a while... did we want to pull in someone new, or wait and hear from Oliver?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
So, Oliver is on hiatus from PbF games for a while... did we want to pull in someone new, or wait and hear from Oliver?

We do need someone else then, if he's taking an indefinite break. Do we know how long he's away for?

I think the consensus is for a black die. Let's go with that to keep the game rolling - we don't want it stagnating! I'll get a post up today or tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only know what was posted in other PbF games I have with him:

"I'm preoccupied with some personal issues, and while I'd hoped to be able to keep up with this, that's clearly not been the case, so I'll step aside, rather than hold things up."

He hasn't posted to any of the games he is running since Mar 30th or before.

I haven't sent him a geekmail asking if he is going to come back, so we could do that first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't recruited anyone new, the situation is slightly improved for me - nicer weather does a great deal to help with depression. I'm game to continue here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Halloween 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
Please do if you can, Oliver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So true! I suffer from depression as well and I NEED my daily dose of sunlight!

Glad to have you back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, folks. I think a black die seems right, here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll get that post written tomorrow then. And welcome back! Coem to the UK - nice and sunny here atm!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was actually born in Surrey - not been back in the UK in over a decade now, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Luca sat and listened to the slip of a girl fighting her side of the battle, he listened like any good mentor should. But he heard the flippant tone in her voice when she said about being part of the family, and he saw her flinch as she realised her mistake. There was a change in her tone, her mannerisms, for the next bit and that jarred him even more than her obvious lies which were in place purely to get herself in to the cult.

Time to take the girl down a peg or three!

"DO NOT assume you are part of this family yet girl! I have not yet given my blessings to your induction! We may yet still throw you out on your ear, especially if you ask such impertinent questions! Did I or did I not just tell you that the Cult is separate from everything else, the two are mutually exclusive, and how I or anyone else came to be part of The Family is of no concern of yours!

Of course you had no idea about all of this, that is as we want it! We run this town but we do so from the layers of grey caused by sunlight and shadow. You would do well to remember this fact, child."

Trelawney stands, moves over to a large chest and opens it, bringing forth a number of items.

"Now, if you still wish to continue and hopefully receive my consent to your induction you will come over here and your physical trial can begin." There was a glint in Luca's eye. He was going to enjoy this.....and maybe she'll be able to withstand more pain than he would normally give out and for longer. Yes, this would be interesting.....

Personally I think the scene can end there, but if Carrie would like to add anything extra she can of course do so. Enmity has been built, Carla has been taken down a notch, and Luca is about to make her do things in a physical trial which probably go above and beyond what he would normally put an initiate through! Hatred is born.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, that is a great ending! I'm sure Carla is seething too much to respond anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, in which case the Black Die comes to you Carrie, but you have to give it away to someone. It doesn't have to be me. And then it will be my turn to set up or Resolve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll pass it on to Eric/Abigail... since he hasn't done anything to piss of Carla yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. Cool. I'm going to say that I've had a big part to play in what is happening to Luca so far, so let's have YOU ALL set me up with something and I'll RESOLVE.

My initial thought would be with the wifey...but it is up to you all to set the scene sometime and somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Halloween 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we could start with Abigail telling Lucca about the child he is to blessed with...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During a nice candlelit anniversary dinner, perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I like that. What's at stake in this scene? What is she trying to accomplish? Gain some measure of control over Lucca?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Halloween 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, she wants the child to be accepted as a bond between them, and for Lucca to do more for the child (and her) as the 'true cult' and less for himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Halloween 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
Should I set the scene now? Anyone else have any more ideas for this meeting between Lucca and Abigail?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got nothing more to add.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Wine Pie wrote:
Should I set the scene now? Anyone else have any more ideas for this meeting between Lucca and Abigail?

Yes please, Eric. And don't forget this is Fiasco - feel free to make it a awkward and fun set up!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Halloween 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
Abigail finds Lucca in the records room of the church, the respectable, public church. He seems to be so intent on what he is reading that he doesn't notice his wife slip in... but then she is always so stealthy, so good at being unobserved until she needs to be. It is her smell he notices first - a sweet, smokey, salt tang in the air.

Abigail is staring at Lucca, her face unusually radiant, and even more beautiful than normal. But somehow, the oddness of that face, and the strangeness of those eyes is even more pronounced.

'My husband, I have good news', Abigail says.

She's standing close to him, holding her belly in both hands.

'We are to be blessed with a child. And he will be the one who is born to bring us all into harmony with the Great Old Ones.'

Lucca can see that there is a noticeable bump - but so quickly?

'When he is born we will raise him until he is ready to teach us all the true way of worship.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] |