Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: RPG Geek DramaSystem Contest 2015
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
Woohoo! We've got our very first submission!

Thank you so much Tom!

Le Cirque des Rêves

Ahh...A Night Circus submission, sweet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kezle wrote:
I'm thinking of doing a fantasy (well I suppose very loosely historical) kind of Aztec/Egyptian mash up where you play as people in the palace trying to keep up the public pretence of being a godking/queen so as to prevent public uprising while also combating internal politics.

God bless,
Kezle
There is nothing like a terminal illness to bring home the point that a godking does not have godlike powers... because if they did, they would heal themselves! And you get all the rumors of the gods abandoning them and the illness is a sign of the human losing divine favor.

I can't wait to see what yours looks like!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had an inspiration that was staring me in the face the whole time (rather, if I turned to my right at my bookshelf that is...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Harmless
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wired_Wolf wrote:
I just had an inspiration that was staring me in the face the whole time (rather, if I turned to my right at my bookshelf that is...)
Nice! It's always great when you notice something that instantly triggers a bolt of inspiration.

God bless,
Kezle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
mbmb
adularia25 wrote:
I'm thinking about centering my pitch around the second burning of the Library of Alexandria.

Idea thus far:

The year is 273. Emperor Aurelian, the "Restorer of the East", is in battle with Queen Zenobia, the Warrior Queen of Palmyra, whose empire has cut into what was once Roman lands. Zenobia currently rules all of Egypt, and Rome is not pleased. Especially since the rich Egyptian grain harvests no longer flow into Roman ports. In retaliation Aurelian orders the Brucheion, the royal section of Alexandra, burned. Unfortunately, the famous Library of Alexandria is located there. What Aurelian doesn't know is that there is a second library, the Serapeum, located in the heart of the city. As his men prepare to burn the Brucheion, others prepare to save what they can.

Wow, excellent pitch! I'm looking forward to reading the whole "Pitch".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Wired_Wolf wrote:
I can't wait to discover what it's all about!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Kezle wrote:
I'm thinking of doing a fantasy (well I suppose very loosely historical) kind of Aztec/Egyptian mash up where you play as people in the palace trying to keep up the public pretence of being a godking/queen so as to prevent public uprising while also combating internal politics.

God bless,
Kezle

It looks both excellent and exotic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig
United States
Jefferson CIty
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
I'm thinking about centering my pitch around the second burning of the Library of Alexandria.

Idea thus far:

The year is 273. Emperor Aurelian, the "Restorer of the East", is in battle with Queen Zenobia, the Warrior Queen of Palmyra, whose empire has cut into what was once Roman lands. Zenobia currently rules all of Egypt, and Rome is not pleased. Especially since the rich Egyptian grain harvests no longer flow into Roman ports. In retaliation Aurelian orders the Brucheion, the royal section of Alexandra, burned. Unfortunately, the famous Library of Alexandria is located there. What Aurelian doesn't know is that there is a second library, the Serapeum, located in the heart of the city. As his men prepare to burn the Brucheion, others prepare to save what they can.

I am not entering but, in this game, do the states (or city-states) have to be literally, just that.
Could this be, for instance, a set of three playwrights. Each aiming to get on the Royal stage, however, the court is corrupt, and openly so. It doesn't matter how the playwrights and actors get to the royal stage, just that they DO. Squirval the first, decrees that all he wants is a play about his family, it's history and triumph.

The body count will be high, as each playwright works on the perfect actor, only to be stabbed in the back by his competitor, sometimes literally. I could see a lot of Drama, tragedy, soliloquies and black humor.

my idea frankly would be a good fiasco game, but I am looking at the Hillfolk rules, and think that could be a load of fun too.

At the very least, I am enjoying each post on here. Thanks for running these contests. The best ideas are born on this site everyday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Guyfumble wrote:
adularia25 wrote:

Idea thus far:

I am not entering but, in this game, do the states (or city-states) have to be literally, just that.
Could this be, for instance, a set of three playwrights. Each aiming to get on the Royal stage, however, the court is corrupt, and openly so. It doesn't matter how the playwrights and actors get to the royal stage, just that they DO. Squirval the first, decrees that all he wants is a play about his family, it's history and triumph.

The body count will be high, as each playwright works on the perfect actor, only to be stabbed in the back by his competitor, sometimes literally. I could see a lot of Drama, tragedy, soliloquies and black humor.

my idea frankly would be a good fiasco game, but I am looking at the Hillfolk rules, and think that could be a load of fun too.

At the very least, I am enjoying each post on here. Thanks for running these contests. The best ideas are born on this site everyday.

Aeschylus and Aristophanes are at the top of my reading list, and I would so love to see your Series Pitch in this contest too (as well as a Fiasco playset by the way).

Are you sure you don't want to participate?... (where's that emoji with puppy eyes when you need one!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hauge
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to start reading my Bundle of Holding haul! And those articles!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Time to start reading my Bundle of Holding haul! And those articles!
'Tis time indeed, and to start to think of a Series Pitch to submit too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig
United States
Jefferson CIty
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Are you sure you don't want to participate?... (where's that emoji with puppy eyes when you need one!)

who can resist puppy eyes?

So I will look at the pitches and see what I can do. I HAD to buy the bundle of holding too. Fine... off to read with the others. I wish this was a giant local library though. We could all just nod as the next gamer comes in and sits down reading their new purchases.

Thanks again for doing this Yohann.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Guyfumble wrote:
Quote:

who can resist puppy eyes?

So I will look at the pitches and see what I can do. I HAD to buy the bundle of holding too. Fine... off to read with the others. I wish this was a giant local library though. We could all just nod as the next gamer comes in and sits down reading their new purchases.

Thanks again for doing this Yohann.

Fantastic, and the pleasure is all mine.

Then I'll enjoy playing them all, undoubtedly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have almost everything written up for this. I just need to get a comprehensive name list, grab/create some art, format it nicely, and call it done! Which means I'll be fussing over it for a few days before I submit anything. I've been marinating in history for this and I love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Harmless
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to even start writing! At the moment I am simply rereading the rulebook and checking out different series pitches for the format.

God bless,
Kezle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I just purchased the bundle of holding collection... and I'm downloading all the games to look at them. But Yohann provided nice links on the previous page, which is what I used to format most of what I've written up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Kezle, you still have until mid-April, and there's no page count, so take it easy and, most importantly, have fun communicating us a setting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules, the ideas or the time.....

pft zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Sam, there's an SRD of the rules as it's an OGL/CC system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Oh, and the Bundle of Holding on Hillfolk can provide you with just EVERYTHING released by Pelgrane Press so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
mbmb
Mine's done. It's just a short little pitch! Kinda hoping people can fill in their own ideas!

Just waiting to see if I can use a picture my friend drew, and I'll send it your way, Yohann!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Harmless
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Can't wait to read it, Andrea!

God bless,
Kezle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are disastrously addictive. I've already got ideas for a second one (which I won't be entering into this contest).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Harmless
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know!

When I bought the rulebook last year I was writing down a bunch of vague pitch ideas just for fun as soon as I finished reading it.

God bless,
Kezle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
IvoryThorns wrote:
Mine's done. It's just a short little pitch! Kinda hoping people can fill in their own ideas!

Just waiting to see if I can use a picture my friend drew, and I'll send it your way, Yohann!

I can't wait, Andrea!

And like Kezle and Caroline, I also think these Series Pitches are addictive, and I'm even writing mine currently (which I won't submit here for the sake of fairness, being this contest's organizer).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] |