Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: RPGG_design_contest [+] DramaSystem [+] Hillfolk [+] [View All]
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
mbmb
Re: RPG Geek DramaSystem Contest 2015
Hello everyone. I don't know if you've noticed the change in the geeklist, but now each submission has its own RPG Item entry in the database.

Yeah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Cubertafon
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
Hello everyone. I don't know if you've noticed the change in the geeklist, but now each submission has its own RPG Item entry in the database.

Yeah!

Which is a nice reward actually
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Davis
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Request for pitch writers: the original Hillfolk setting has a wonderful system of about twenty questions for the table to resolve that get down interesting and evocative facts about the setting in a way that's different each time. It's my favourite thing about the original Hillfolk setting... and hasn't been copied by most of the other pitches. Most other pitches will have two or three bolded questions, if that, and some are little more than an idea. The more you can give the table and the GM to work with, both in detail and in powerful questions, the better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
You're making a point actually. Thanks for addressing this out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
mbmb
futabachan wrote:
Request for pitch writers: the original Hillfolk setting has a wonderful system of about twenty questions for the table to resolve that get down interesting and evocative facts about the setting in a way that's different each time. It's my favourite thing about the original Hillfolk setting... and hasn't been copied by most of the other pitches. Most other pitches will have two or three bolded questions, if that, and some are little more than an idea. The more you can give the table and the GM to work with, both in detail and in powerful questions, the better!

I guess I just naturally do this, so I assumed it's something that would be done with my pitch, so I didn't think to call it out...because why wouldn't you flush out the setting as a group?

Yohann, can we edit our entries, or are they done once submitted?

Also, the fact I have my own item in the database is terrifying. I'm just saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Sorry Andrea, but once the items are submitted, they can't be changed.

And there's no need to be afraid, you're our Empress, so everything's fine.

Even your "designer badge" looks fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Harmless
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
futabachan wrote:
I'm glad to hear that because I was afraid I might be putting in too many questions

God bless,
Kezle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kezle wrote:
futabachan wrote:
I'm glad to hear that because I was afraid I might be putting in too many questions

God bless,
Kezle
Hah, I'm the same way!

I'm still working on researching names... I'm hoping to throw this together this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Picard
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had an idea for a setting rolling around in my head for awhile... and when I picked up Hillfolk I thought... oh, yeah, this would be the venue for it...

However, I've got a toddler to look after...

But, my life has been missing a little piquancy of late... maybe this is just the thing I need to keep the juices flowing!

There's a little research required... but maybe I could work backwards... starting with the dramatic structure/concept first, and then working my way to historic detail where required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Keep them coming !

And don't worry Charles, you still have one month to submit your Series Pitch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig
United States
Jefferson CIty
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
futabachan wrote:

Yes, I think I rushed mine a little. There are so many font/editing/information items that could have been improved. However, if anyone is ever interested in trying it out. I will be happy to help come up with ideas. I have a ton of ideas stuck in between my ears, but I just can't seem to make the pen write them out on the page. So anyway, feel free to write me. I would love to be of assistance.

And, uh, that game designer tag... on my name, it just looks odd. I am proud and happy, but not sure I qualify for that banner yet, but I will continue to work at it and one day, I will be worthy of it... one day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
As with the Fiasco competition - there is nothing to stop you updating the scenario after the contest to make it better for future downloaders!

Or make a v2 and upload that to the files section of the RPG entry, but be sure to only have v1 in the contest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He went overloading on testing and coding and his name was
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Support comes in many forms: community involvement, forum posts, submitting data, running PbF games, word-of-mouth advertising, financial donations... All these are vital to this site, and you have my sincere thanks for participating in any of them.
badge
Currently: planning.
mbmbmbmbmb
Guyfumble wrote:
And, uh, that game designer tag... on my name, it just looks odd.
For info, the GAME DESIGNER uberbadge is entirely optional. We can remove it easily (just drop me a GeekMail) and just as easily add it back on again at any future time.

See also this thread for microbadges: RPG Designer/Editor/Artist/Publisher Microbadges Now Available!.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig
United States
Jefferson CIty
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
As with the Fiasco competition - there is nothing to stop you updating the scenario after the contest to make it better for future downloaders!

Or make a v2 and upload that to the files section of the RPG entry, but be sure to only have v1 in the contest.

That is a great idea, once this is done, I will look at updating that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
mbmb
...Where on earth did that thing come from??

Anyway, no worries, Yohann. I wasn't actually going to change mine. Mostly due to laziness and inherent belief people would make up their own setting to go along with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I have example Roman, Greek, and Arabic names... just need the Aramaic. Mmm... delicious research!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Last Days of the Library is almost done. I just need to format it nicely in a document for the game. And turn it in.

Of course, while doing all of that research I came up with two other ideas which I'll be pursuing in my free time, but not submitting to this contest:

Courtesies, Conspiracies, and Crumpets: A comedy of manners, magic, and mid-morning tea in an England that never was.

Long is the Night: Tragedy strikes an isolated scientific outpost far from any inhabitable planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Well, Last Days of the Library is almost done. I just need to format it nicely in a document for the game. And turn it in.

Of course, while doing all of that research I came up with two other ideas which I'll be pursuing in my free time, but not submitting to this contest:

Courtesies, Conspiracies, and Crumpets: A comedy of manners, magic, and mid-morning tea in an England that never was.

Long is the Night: Tragedy strikes an isolated scientific outpost far from any inhabitable planet.

Wow! Fantastic! I can't wait to read them all. Perhaps we should put up an alternative geeklist with all the Series Pitches don't belong to the contest.

By the way, Pelgrane Press told me they'll be more than happy to put a link to all your submissions when this contest is over. They've had a look at them and they really enjoyed what they've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Harmless
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:

Those all sound great, Carrie!

Shadow Hexagram wrote:
Wow! Fantastic! I can't wait to read them all. Perhaps we should put up an alternative geeklist with all the Series Pitches don't belong to the contest.
That would be awesome! I would love to see series pitches being uploaded even outside of the contest. More for me to read and enjoy laugh

God bless,
Kezle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
By the way, Pelgrane Press told me they'll be more than happy to put a link to all your submissions when this contest is over. They've had a look at them and they really enjoyed what they've seen.
Awesome! *bounces with energy*

Now more than ever I want to try to get these done this weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Cubertafon
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:

That's great!

At this time, all the submission are listed on the Comprehensive list of Series Pitches blog post and will be soon here A comprehensive list of DramaSystem Series Pitches GeekList...

By the way, what I read so far is just awesome!

Thank you Yohann!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig
United States
Jefferson CIty
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Wow that is pretty cool!

Did anyone else think the best part was the character types? I had to keep listing ideas at the bottom of the page as I was writing up the ones I had already started. Finally I just had to stop making them because that was the whole sheet already.

The system just lends itself so easily to creativity. I think that is the beauty of the simplicity of it, but with just enough pointers to keep you focused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I didn't spend nearly as much time on the Characters as I did on the Setting - or the Names! Those names took forever! It is so hard to find lists of Aramaic names! Point in fact, I never did find a list, I pulled all the names from sources I read, then deconstructed them and figured out how the naming conventions worked.

The part that I definitely enjoy the most is the Tightening of the Screws. Mmm... so many delightful issues that can crop up!

Well, and I clearly enjoyed all the research. Tasty, tasty research.

I now know more about the Palmyrean Empire than I ever did before, though only a sliver of that knowledge is going into the Series Pitch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
So Caroline, when can we read your submission?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, all that is left is the formatting, which I started last night. If all goes according to plan, I'll be sending it to you later this evening (my evening, that is. It will probably be sometime early tomorrow for you...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [13] |