The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game, Volume 1: Your Story
Dungeon Master's Kit
Fate Core System
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
The Rise of Tiamat
The Strange
The Secrets of Cats
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Boxed Set (Second Edition)
Storm King's Thunder
TimeWatch
Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide
Adventurer's Companion
Bree
Tomb of Annihilation
Building Tomorrow
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
225 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 

Eternal Lies» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Eternal Lies Campaign. Act 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2015 [+] [View All]
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
IC || OOC || wiki

The final act of Eternal Lies. Beware of Mythos monsters and spoilers.

Current players are:
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Sometimes it just gets to be too much...
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb

Characters:
Dr. Paul Odko
Alfred Elliott
Doctor Eron Reinhartz

Former characters:
Dr. Evelyn Malley - Retired
Dorothy Astor - Dead
Dr. Ernest Wagner - Dead
Father Carl Meinardus - Dead
Professor Roman Sagris - Dead

Current IC-thread
Eternal Lies Campaign. Act 3

Previous IC-thread
Eternal Lies Campaign. Act I [IC]
Eternal Lies Campaign. Act 2 — Part 1 [IC]
Eternal Lies Campaign. Act 2 — Part 2 [IC]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Wednesday November 17th 1937
You arrange for Savatree's grandmother to go to America, before you have Frank fly you to Karachi. The preparations take a few days, but travel in Indian also takes its time. This is British India, civilized and barbaric at the same time.

You stay at a series of inns that blend together, riding buses and cars past fields of cotton, wheat, and rice, eating meals of convenience in places whose names you forget, your attentions ever consumed by the monumental task that stands before you.

As you make your way farther and farther north, you can see the Himalayas on the horizon, jagged peaks you know to be the tallest mountain range in the world. The mountains grow larger and larger until they come to dominate the landscape not only ahead of you, but behind you as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Paul marvels at the mountains' majesty.

It is hard to believe that we have been working on this investigation for a little over four months. We have traveled the globe and now we may actually be reaching the end.

Or maybe our end...

He stuffs his new briarwood pipe with strong Indian tobacco and works to light it. He frowns because the pipe is too new and tastes awful, the local tobacco doesn't help with the enjoyment either.

It's going to take months to get this pipe to taste right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Oh, uhhh, my goodness. What a sight!

Alfred adjusts the brown satchel at his side, checking his camera for film. He pulls his flask out and takes a measured drink.

Were we able to procure dynamite and climbing gear in the interim?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Well, you didn't really get to procure anything. I thought we could use the start of the scenario to get what help and equipment you think you need.

You are still in the more hospital part of northern India, Mount Kailash "The Devouring Mountain", is further north beyond the frontier. You learn that it is a holy mountain, and groups of Hindu pilgrims are already on their way there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eron is still wondering how the hell he got himself in this. He tought he had now chance surviving that fight, explosion, hunt,... he really wanted this all to stop but also understood there was only one way to end it. Well it seems we must join their pilgrimage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
There is safety in numbers, right? I agree with Eron let's join the pilgrimage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The pilgrims move at an extremely slow pace, and you end up moving from party to party, you are still far away from your destination, so to limit yourself to slow walking just yet seems imprudent. Still, keeping the appearance of pilgrims seems wise.

You can do some initial preparations before moving on. Are you still interested in guides or explosives?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well explosives would be usefull. We won't be lucky enough again that someone is just planning to blow up the place just as we walk by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
I'm not so sure that explosives are the way to go, but you two can decide that. These two great evils (the one in the mountain & the one we met in Mexico) must meet and dual. What can mere mortals do but summon one to our location in the mountain?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Alfred offers his flask to his companions.

I, uhhh, just worry that we will run into more mouths, and we, uhh, know explosives do the trick. You are right about letting the, haha, old gods duke it out.

Alfred will try to procure the appropriate garb to blend in with the pilgrams, along with trying to find some dynamite. Willing to make a Cop Talk spend as needed to put pressure on people to get the explosives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Saturday November 20th 1937
You learn from an Indian national who judges himself far too inexperienced or sane to help you — of a Scotsman named Niall MacEwan.

You learn that McEwan currently works for a private mining company working a granite mine near the village of Nagina, which — happily — is not far off your route to Mount Kailash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that seems a perfect stop, as we go past that region we go to the mine and go looking for McEwan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Following the lead about the Scotsman, you leave the pilgrim route for a small detour to the village Nagina.

The foothill village of Nagina is small and remote, requiring you to ride in a hired car up unpaved and narrow switchback tracks. The Himalayas are now close on all sides: endless mountain peak to the north, high foothills to the south.

Nagina is home largely to the families of those employed by the imaginatively named British Empire Granite Mining Company, with shepherds and their families scattered throughout the high pastures of the area. Minor services are available as well.

The main mining camp is even farther up a steep dirt track traversed regularly by hard-used trucks and beasts of burden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Paul enjoys the local geology as they make their way to the mine.

How, exactly, would one go about summoning an extra-dimensional creature? Anybody know?

Maybe the explosives are a great idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
It was during your stay in the Yucatan that deal with Gol-Goroth was struck. Only two of you had the mental fortitude to face the Great Old One, Carl and Roman, and as fate would have it, they are both dead.

Luckily, Paul took some books with him from Thailand. One of them was Roman's note book. In it are the spells he was given by Gol-Goroth, as well as those you found in Malta: Create Hyperspace Gate, Summon Gol-Goroth, A Spell To Open the Sky and A Spell Against Nyarlathotep. Paul thinks he should be able to cast them if there is a need.

In addition, he also took one of Savitree's diaries. In it, she details her experience with the original ritual in 1924s Los Angeles. The one who had Edgar Job as a Foci. The ritual that summoned the Thing With a Thousand Mouths. The ritual who got so many killed. The reason you are here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Alfred goes out of his way to speak nicely to the farmers and workers to find a lead on McEwan.

Anything at all you know about him would be, uhhh, helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Ability slend please. We should be better at doing that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Paul spends some time looking over his acquired books.

It was all fun and games when I thought Paul had NO possible way of summoning anything. Summoning was only a good idea when somebody else was going to do it.

I hope Alfred gets lots of dynamite...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
My go to, Rassurance 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
After about an hour, Alfred has found someone who knows someone as well as someone who can translate. "Mister Niall MacEwan. That crazy Scotsman. You don't want to see him. He lives further up close to the mines. Near his explosives. I know someone who can drive you up there in their truck. For very little fee."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well no problem says Eron and let him get the driver to bring him and pay for it. So why don't we want to see him, Eron asks the man while waiting for the driver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
On your way to the mine, the driver answers Eron's questions. "The man is crazy. I heard he once blew up the director of the mine he worked at, because the didn't like the new safety precautions. He isn't right in his head."

The mining camp is entirely as expected: massive holes in the earth from which granite is quarried in great sheets by heavy-laboring Indian miners.

Talking to the locals, you are quickly led to Niall, or the Bang-man. At 55, Niall MacEwan is older than you expected. His hair is shoulder length and grey throughout, his skin tanned, lined, and leathery. He’s also smaller than expected, at just a shade over five and a half feet tall.

"Aye?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
MacEwan!

Alfred vigorously shakes the man's hand.

We've heard quite the tales. We would, uhh, love to talk to you if you could give us the time. Oh, and we have brandy as well!

Alfred takes a quick drink from his flask then offers it to MacEwan.

Reassurance spend to get him to talk about explosives and hiring him to follow us up the mountain. Assess Honesty as well (if I have any more points in that).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The man takes a liking to Alfred, and enjoys both the brandy and the talk about blowing stuff up. There is one question though, the he really wants answered, "What's the job?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.