The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Beyond Bightwater
The Fantasy Trip: Legacy Edition
GURPS New Sun
Starfinder Core Rulebook
Stone Dragon Mountain
Ur-Turuk City Guide
Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells
Dungeon World Roleplaying Game
The Quiet Year
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Through Dungeons Deep: A Fantasy Gamers' Handbook
X-Card
Kids on Bikes
World of Lazarus
Rebel Times (Issue 139 - Apr 2019)
Mythic
Mythic Game Master Emulator
L-1: City of Lies
RuneQuest Pirates
The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game, Volume 1: Your Story
Advanced Race Guide
Vampire: The Masquerade (20th Anniversary Edition)
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Enter the Unknown
The End of the World: Zombie Apocalypse
Feats Reforged Vol. III: The Combat Feats
Sorcerers of Ur-Turuk
Feats Reforged Vol. IV: The Magic Feats
The GameMaster's Apprentice
Tome of Secrets (V20 Dark Ages)
Tales from the Loop
Realms of Terrinoth
Ironsworn
Treasure Hunter: Complete Rulebook (1st Edition)
Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
Kids on Bikes: Deluxe Edition
Bunnies & Burrows Fantasy Role Playing Game
Dark Streets & Darker Secrets
The Book of Many Things Campaign Exclusive Content
The Witch of Underwillow
Fireball
A Friend in Need
Volo's Complete Subrace Handbook
Dungeon Masters Guide (AD&D 1e)
Star Frontiers
Fiend Folio
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nochet, Seaseason 1621 ST

(Thread links will go here)
HeroQuest Glorantha
[OOC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Nochet Campaign - pt 1

Nochet, your home, the greatest city in the world and the home of the Queens of Esrolia! It is the high-water mark of the distant but powerful Lunar Empire. Nochet, and indeed all of Esrolia, is ruled by a Lunar ally, Queen Hendira.



You are a member of an Esrolian client house, House Lorionaeo, that resides within the city of Nochet aiding your patrons while seeking advancement, magical secrets, and new sources of wealth in a time of upheaval and turbulence.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nochet, Seaseason 1621 ST

The Harbor Market of Nochet, the greatest maritime commercial center in Glorantha, bustles with activity as ships from afar dock and unload their wares.



Wine, grain, gold, jewelry, bronze weapons, glassware, luxury goods, feathers, cloth, silk, dyes, and spice are traded from across the world, along with exotic goods such as crystalized shards of gods’ blood, magical charms, occult scrolls, sacred idols, dragon bones, and even iron! If there is something you want, you can likely find it here!

Folk find their way from the Harbor Market down streets bright and vivid with color. Walls are routinely painted bright colors, and all but the most poor are trimmed with second color. Color mixing seems random: lime green, trimmed with orange along the top and around the large, strong wooden door; terra cotta red, trimmed with a light violet; forest green with crimson red trim - a vast menagerie of color and extravagance.



You proceed across the city, walking with the throngs heading west along the Way of the Vessels and through the smoky haze of the neighborhood of Kalava to Four Virtues Square beside the great Sacred City where Queen Hendira resides. And then west again along Great Street, creaking with wagons moving in both directions and the grunting and squealing of sacred pigs.

Kena Hill rises high ahead of you, and then the familiar sight of Haraterena's Cistern. It's been newly painted, great scenes of Ernalda's Garden, in the new Lunar style so popular throughout Nochet over the past year.



It's crowded as you approach the Harmony Gate, crowds going this way and that. A cheer arises and folk part ways to welcome a mercenary company back to the city after spending the dark seasons in the western lands guarding against the barbarians of Greymane. Familiar faces note your passing.



And then home to the Virtuous Ale Inn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nochet, Tershis, The Virtuous Ale Inn, Seaseason, 1621 ST

Like Great Street outside, the inn is bustling with travellers from afar and locals come for a drink. The courtyard is busy. As one of the first inns inside the gate, there are many who stop here first to stable their wagons and get a room for the night. House Lorionaeo does well by the inn, though much of the profit goes to Oranaeo's Due.



You move through the crowd. Your place is in the back rooms where many from House Lorionaeo come to eat a meal and have an ale.

Back behind the Inn, you see Oerasu Strongcopper busy at work in the Back Forge, the small smithy that House Lorionaeo maintains to keep a steady supply of metal goods available for regular repairs, militia supplies, and gates for the aqueducts.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nochet, Tershis, The Virtuous Ale Inn, Seaseason, 1621 ST

The back rooms of the Virtuous Ale Inn are relatively quiet. You head back through to the front room, abutting the street. It's livelier here. At the front bar, you see Larello and Voudilessa. Voudilessa spots motion, turns to the back and looks at you, likely wondering what you're doing this time of day. Larello is busy talking to a patron. One of the young Lorionaeo maids, Erolsa, stands by the side bar looking bored. It's another day. You find a place to sit and talk and get some food and drink.


You overhear conversations from the boisterous tables nearby, a mixture of travellers and locals.

"They say Queen Hendira is hiring mercenaries to attack Greymane in force."
"I hear she's bringing in Lunar mercenaries."
"No, that's just rumor. She's hiring Orlanthi from Heortland - best to pit barbarian against barbarian."
"Can't be. I heard it from a reliable source what heard it from a sailor just in that the Lunars are invading Heortland again. Going to storm Whitewall they are, and no soldiers to send elsewhere. Either of them."
"I tell you, she's bringing in Lunars. Got a delegation of them right in town now. Just docked yesterday and got an honor guard right to a nice palace in Nolerian and all."
"Well, maybe, but it's still war she wants. Put an end to Greymane. He's getting old, you know. Not the lion he once was."
"Why it's best to send in barbarians. Maybe she'll get the Grazers to help."
"Doubt that. They've raided each of last two years. What makes you think that Feathered Queen of theirs is going to stop."
"Might be Queen Hendira's going to build a Moon Temple right here in Nochet."
"Go on with you! One thing to set up merchant's shop down in Moontown, another to build a whole Moon Temple.""Well, maybe she is. Heard it from Old Irinesh, you know, bald old chap what works in Irinioori's Cistern that they's building a new aqueduct into Moontown. Been busy hiring Durevings and even trolls, I hear. Big project."
...

"Any word on the Tournament?"
"Not a word. I hear the Games in Mylagos will be something special this year though."
"A shame, that. Things was better when the God-king was here."
"Why? Used to have to pay all that tribute to him, we did. Now we gets to keep it ourselfs."
"Unless Greymane takes it, of course."
"Well, true. But otherwise, you know."
"Casino Town. That's where it's going. All to Casino Town. Lady Luck lives there herself, they say."
"Well, don't think so. Luck's where you make it, mate. And we's got it right here, if I don't say so meself."
"Barren and windswept little place it is. Casino Town, that is. That's what the sailors have been there say. Might be nice, though. Blessed Imarja, I hate these crowds!"
"Right, that. Things was better when the God-king was here. Now you don't even want to go to the Great Market, what with them damned Storm folk and all."
"Ernalda forbid you need to go to Sarli for anything other than the Grace Festivals!
"Right, you are with that! Thieves one and all. Who let them in?"
"Should've sent them all to Casino Town. Make their own Luck rather than take ours!"
"Why I heard Harantar, you know Old Dalwintar's Son, got beat up right bad just because he stopped to make water at the Market Baths."
"Should've turned them away. Nothing but Bad Men coming back to bring trouble."
...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nochet, Tershis, The Virtuous Ale Inn, Seaseason, 1621 ST

Others begin to arrive and join you in the back rooms of the Virtuous Ale Inn.

Harstagar Keenvoice, speaker and herald for Grandmother Valingala, is one of the first, Okrith in tow going on about the first run of the Mistcloud Salmon.
Charming Asranalda and Kevravale Redbud arrive together, chatting about the latest gossip from the Serpents of the Loom and how annoying Amanorina Floraeo was once again.
Haragarth parades in with a few of the sewer rats, as the Cleansers of the Sestarto's Virtuous Canal are commonly known. The sewer rats head on their way to a game of Rune Cubes. Haragarth noisily joins you.



"What ho!" cries Haragarth, his big voice booming in his ever friendly greeting. "Good to see ya! Did ya see the soldiers? Right fine little parade. Say they're gathering to go fight Greymane. Kick the lion's butt, ya know."

"Did you manage to pull Oerasu out of the fire?" adds Harstagar. "If you didn't, he's as like as not to be at the forge all night. Don't think Dar Vogarthan asked for that many spear points, but you know our redsmith as well as any."

Asranalda adds with a sly smirk, "Oh, do fetch him! It's about time he play in another forge, don't you think? I'm sure if we ask Mernegra, she can find someone to match him with."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daren Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruvala seems distracted by overheard snippets of conversation away from their table but any chance of continuing to eves drop on that is lost with the arrival of Haragarth. She listens to the back and forth between him, her great friend Harstagar and Asranalda and smiles at their banter "Leave the poor man alone" she chides albeit in a friendly way. Then she adds with her own wry smile "Though it wouldn't hurt to ask her."

She glances back at the table she was particularly listening to "So have you heard anything of the Tournament?"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winnington
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jajagappa wrote:

Harstagar Keenvoice, speaker and herald for Grandmother Valingala, is one of the first, Okrith in tow going on about the first run of the Mistcloud Salmon.
Charming Asranalda and Kevravale Redbud arrive together, chatting about the latest gossip from the Serpents of the Loom and how annoying Amanorina Floraeo was once again.

"What ho!" cries Haragarth, his big voice booming in his ever friendly greeting. "Good to see ya! Did ya see the soldiers? Right fine little parade. Say they're gathering to go fight Greymane. Kick the lion's butt, ya know."

Asranalda adds with a sly smirk, "Oh, do fetch him! It's about time he play in another forge, don't you think? I'm sure if we ask Mernegra, she can find someone to match him with."
Kal pulls himself from listening to the general conversation, and groans inwardly at the sight of Charming Asranalda. With Kevravale present, he can't outright ignore her ... and yet the woman is like the most insidious poison, its effects unnoticeable until the dose is lethal.

He makes a mental note to follow up on the new aqueduct situation, then takes the opportunity of Charming Asranalda joking about Oerasu to slip past her unnoticed, patting Haragarth on the back and greeting Kevravale warmly. "Redbud my dear, did the others notice that you've outdone yourself once more? You must have made many a jealous maid today," he teases gently. "Did Ama get up to her usual tricks then?"

"Asranalda," he adds, when she turns to him. "Always good to lay eyes you." At least that way I know where you are and can usually see the blows coming, he adds mentally.

OOC: A bit of an example of how "Butter their Paws" works - I figure he has a way with words and compliments...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RuneMagus wrote:
Bruvala seems distracted by overheard snippets of conversation away from their table but any chance of continuing to eves drop on that is lost with the arrival of Haragarth. She listens to the back and forth between him, her great friend Harstagar and Asranalda and smiles at their banter "Leave the poor man alone" she chides albeit in a friendly way. Then she adds with her own wry smile "Though it wouldn't hurt to ask her."

She glances back at the table she was particularly listening to "So have you heard anything of the Tournament?"


Asranalda adds, "Of course, if we send Mernegra after Oerasu, she might forget about poor Kal! And I think he's been ever so lonely, lately." She grins wickedly.

Haragarth ignores the banter about Mernegra and says, "No news on the Tournament, least none I've heard of." He looks around, "Though they say the White Bear done took the God-king's heart. Cut it right out with his claws, they say. Perhaps someone's got to fetch it first?"

Okrith scoffs. "Next you'll be telling us there's a White Bear in the sewers! Maybe gone to marry Queen Rat."

"She's there, right enough! Why Young Esrol met her right enough but two seasons back. Bit him right on the neck she did, and he's had bad luck since."

Okrith snorts in derision. "Probably fell down drunk in the sewer what he did and got bit by a regular old rat what happened to him. Queen Rat indeed!"

Harstagar smiles at Bruvala. "What news on the Rain Festival? Do the Heler Rains truly come? Or do they hold off until the Honoring of Grace?"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geburah wrote:

Kal pulls himself from listening to the general conversation, and groans inwardly at the sight of Charming Asranalda. With Kevravale present, he can't outright ignore her ... and yet the woman is like the most insidious poison, its effects unnoticeable until the dose is lethal.

He makes a mental note to follow up on the new aqueduct situation, then takes the opportunity of Charming Asranalda joking about Oerasu to slip past her unnoticed, patting Haragarth on the back and greeting Kevravale warmly. "Redbud my dear, did the others notice that you've outdone yourself once more? You must have made many a jealous maid today," he teases gently. "Did Ama get up to her usual tricks then?"

"Asranalda," he adds, when she turns to him. "Always good to lay eyes you." At least that way I know where you are and can usually see the blows coming, he adds mentally.

OOC: A bit of an example of how "Butter their Paws" works - I figure he has a way with words and compliments...


Asranalda adds coyly, "Why Kal! So nice to see you. We were just talking about you. Mernegra's been looking for you. She's found a lovely girl, says she's just the thing for you. A real lively one from Sarli." She looks as if she's thinking hard, "Which clan did she say? Hmm, hmm, oh, I remember. The Green Pot clan! Right by the Great Market. 'A perfect match', she said." Asranalda flashes her teeth at him.

"Now, Asranalda! If you're going to be like that, I won't tell you a word." She glares a moment at Asranalda, though it passes quickly. "Ama was a beast, as usual. Nasty little brat she is. But trying telling that to Amanorina. Won't hear a word of it! Of course, you could be a good friend and mention it to Amanorina, couldn't you? Not that I said so, of course! But, you know." Kevravale trails off.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daren Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jajagappa wrote:

Asranalda adds, "Of course, if we send Mernegra after Oerasu, she might forget about poor Kal! And I think he's been ever so lonely, lately." She grins wickedly.

Haragarth ignores the banter about Mernegra and says, "No news on the Tournament, least none I've heard of." He looks around, "Though they say the White Bear done took the God-king's heart. Cut it right out with his claws, they say. Perhaps someone's got to fetch it first?"

Okrith scoffs. "Next you'll be telling us there's a White Bear in the sewers! Maybe gone to marry Queen Rat."

"She's there, right enough! Why Young Esrol met her right enough but two seasons back. Bit him right on the neck she did, and he's had bad luck since."

Okrith snorts in derision. "Probably fell down drunk in the sewer what he did and got bit by a regular old rat what happened to him. Queen Rat indeed!"

Harstagar smiles at Bruvala. "What news on the Rain Festival? Do the Heler Rains truly come? Or do they hold off until the Honoring of Grace?"


Bruvala listens to the banter and watches the talkers with a smile on her face "Well if I ever meet this Rat Queen maybe I'll persuade her to move her court to Moontown." But when Harstagar speaks he gets her full attention and the smile is replaced by a frown "Ask Tersheros, he's fickle enough to know!" She immediately regrets the outburst and bites her lower lip as if in an attempt to hold back the words that have already escaped, or perhaps to hold back a flood more.

"I'm sorry Harstagar. That was uncalled for, but you know it was not aimed at you anyway. I don't know, the nature of the rains is like Tersheros' own nature, they come and go as they deem fit and often at their own whim and contrary to those who would call their time." She smiles "Give me the river; strength, constancy, reliability."

In a change of subject she asks him "So, what trouble has been dogging your heels today?" with a friendly smile.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winnington
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jajagappa wrote:
Asranalda adds coyly, "Why Kal! So nice to see you. We were just talking about you. Mernegra's been looking for you. She's found a lovely girl, says she's just the thing for you. A real lively one from Sarli." She looks as if she's thinking hard, "Which clan did she say? Hmm, hmm, oh, I remember. The Green Pot clan! Right by the Great Market. 'A perfect match', she said." Asranalda flashes her teeth at him.
Kal seems saddened. "And there you go depriving Mernegra of the chance to tell me and see my expression when she puts forth such a scheme. She will be disappointed." He sighs.

Jajagappa wrote:
"Now, Asranalda! If you're going to be like that, I won't tell you a word." She glares a moment at Asranalda, though it passes quickly.
Kal grins inwardly, at even such a small spark of defiance.

Jajagappa wrote:
"Ama was a beast, as usual. Nasty little brat she is. But trying telling that to Amanorina. Won't hear a word of it! Of course, you could be a good friend and mention it to Amanorina, couldn't you? Not that I said so, of course! But, you know." Kevravale trails off.
"I do love that you still believe me capable of such influence, Kevravale," he says, smiling gently. "Rest assured I will continue to attempt to reform all my acquaintances," with a glance at Asranalda, "no matter how intractable they may seem."

Jajagappa wrote:
"She's there, right enough! Why Young Esrol met her right enough but two seasons back. Bit him right on the neck she did, and he's had bad luck since."

Okrith snorts in derision. "Probably fell down drunk in the sewer what he did and got bit by a regular old rat what happened to him. Queen Rat indeed!"
"If life in Nochet has taught me anything," Kal quips, "it's that no tale of the sewers is too tall, and no goddess is too small to avoid offending."

OOC: how public is Kal's backstory? If not public, then Asranalda's been doing some digging.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
OOC: how public is Kal's backstory? If not public, then Asranalda's been doing some digging.


OOC: Generally news of a house's fall, loss of privileges, etc. will be relatively known. Kal's been on the street since he was 5, IIRC, so much of last 18 years. Probably backstory on what house he came from is somewhat known. Public story/rumor likely places Green Pot clan as succeeding House Varadaro for varied reasons.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RuneMagus wrote:

Bruvala listens to the banter and watches the talkers with a smile on her face "Well if I ever meet this Rat Queen maybe I'll persuade her to move her court to Moontown." But when Harstagar speaks he gets her full attention and the smile is replaced by a frown "Ask Tersheros, he's fickle enough to know!" She immediately regrets the outburst and bites her lower lip as if in an attempt to hold back the words that have already escaped, or perhaps to hold back a flood more.

"I'm sorry Harstagar. That was uncalled for, but you know it was not aimed at you anyway. I don't know, the nature of the rains is like Tersheros' own nature, they come and go as they deem fit and often at their own whim and contrary to those who would call their time." She smiles "Give me the river; strength, constancy, reliability."

In a change of subject she asks him "So, what trouble has been dogging your heels today?" with a friendly smile.


"Dogging my heels? Well, Old Irinesh is complaining about the grain for the bread again, and of course Auntie Ernamerala says it's all the fault of the Eskora, which it likely is, but who's going to prove that? And if Auntie Ernamerala says so, then Grandmother says so, too, so of course I have to state the Complaint to the Matron's Council, and who there wants to hear anything new about the Eskoras? But I do it anyway. And in the meantime Garakar goes and gets lost somewhere Back of the Chain. Fishing I expect. Probably with Isstagar Lyksala. Of course, by the time I get to Lyksala's Hall, Isstagar's there, but no sign of Garakar. I come back to Lorionaeo Hall and no sign of Garakar, though someone thought he was over at Wall End. They say the Finger is eating away at the Wall. You know anything about that?" Harstagar looks inquiringly at Bruvala, but before she can answer, he continues.

"So I'm dogging after Garakar all afternoon, and it turns out he's mooning about Bruvaeto Hall. So I hustle him out of there, but by then I hear Grandmother is unhappy that the Complaint at the Matron's Council didn't get a hearing today, which means Old Irinesh will be complaining again in the morning. So, yes, so that's been my day, but thankfully no sign of Tersheros. Likely a rubble runner match or some sort he's gotten the scent of. But speaking of Moontown, I hear the Durev temple has been awarded the privilege to clear a new street there. Going to be called Grand Moon Street or something like that." He finally seems to run out of steam.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geburah wrote:
"If life in Nochet has taught me anything," Kal quips, "it's that no tale of the sewers is too tall, and no goddess is too small to avoid offending."


"That's very true, Kal! Why I heard that someone known only as the 'Taker of Things' has robbed the Temple of Loving Ir! Can you imagine!? I don't think Ir will be too loving to him." Kevravale seems to pout a bit at the thought.

"You know what else is strange? And Asranalda, you always seem to know the truth of this, but when I was at the Loom Hall why I heard someone say that Grandmother Hulta has ended the feud with the Delaeos! And that House Hulta has even joined the Old Earth faction! Can you imagine? Someone certainly must be lying."

Asranalda seems somewhat taken aback, even surprised by Kevravale's statement.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winnington
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jajagappa wrote:

"You know what else is strange? And Asranalda, you always seem to know the truth of this, but when I was at the Loom Hall why I heard someone say that Grandmother Hulta has ended the feud with the Delaeos! And that House Hulta has even joined the Old Earth faction! Can you imagine? Someone certainly must be lying."

Asranalda seems somewhat taken aback, even surprised by Kevravale's statement.
Kal hides a smile at Asranalda's discomfiture, and tries to make sense of Kevravale's story. What's going on, and who could benefit from this?
OOC: Unravel the Tangled Skein 1w (+5) + Know the Seamy Underbelly of the Noble Houses +3 (14) = 4w (or vice-versa if that works better, hoping for a specific ability bonus there, on the one or the other), roll 1d20 = (16) = 16
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 862020. Geburah
  • 1d20 =
  • (16) =
  • 16
  • Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:08 am
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oerasu is still at his forge when he finally realizes someone is shouting at him. It's Durevan, one of Vogarthan's guards.

"Ya planning to eat hot coals? Best to get the bread before it's rock hard and the stew before it's fish bones. No one's going to need another spear point before nightfall at this rate I reckon. But some food and a few pints, why that's another tale. Haragarth's there, I reckon, and others likely too."

Durevan stands waiting to see if Oerasu will pull himself from the forge to come eat.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geburah wrote:
Kal hides a smile at Asranalda's discomfiture, and tries to make sense of Kevravale's story. What's going on, and who could benefit from this?
OOC: Unravel the Tangled Skein 1w (+5) + Know the Seamy Underbelly of the Noble Houses +3 (14) = 4w (or vice-versa if that works better, hoping for a specific ability bonus there, on the one or the other), roll Geburah previously rolled 1d20 = (16) = 16


OOC: Know the Seamy Underbelly... seems appropriate and I think a specific ability bonus will work, so 14 +6 bonus +5 augment for Unravel the Tangled Skein = 5W

The politics of the nobles are Very Hard to discern at 14W: 1d20 = (12) = 12
masteries cancel. fail vs. success - minor defeat for Kal

House Hulta has always disliked House Delaeos and has maintained a long neutrality amidst the Grandmothers' Council, much like House Oranaeo. House Delaeos is a leader amongst the Old Earth faction and has long opposed Queen Hendira and House Norinel. To side with House Delaeos would be to go against the Queen and that seems dangerous. The news does not make any particular sense to Kal, but perhaps he needs to follow the threads of this skein?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 863283. Jajagappa
  • 1d20 =
  • (12) =
  • 12
  • The politics of the nobles are Very Hard to discern at 14W:
  • Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:05 am
Gorwen Finarfin
United States
Lemon Grove
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jajagappa wrote:
Oerasu is still at his forge when he finally realizes someone is shouting at him. It's Durevan, one of Vogarthan's guards.

"Ya planning to eat hot coals? Best to get the bread before it's rock hard and the stew before it's fish bones. No one's going to need another spear point before nightfall at this rate I reckon. But some food and a few pints, why that's another tale. Haragarth's there, I reckon, and others likely too."

Durevan stands waiting to see if Oerasu will pull himself from the forge to come eat.



Oerasu replies to Durevan "Oh yes one does need to eat, I lose track of time when working". Oransu then hears his hot tempered 2 handed warhammer Incensio, speaking in his head "Of course your going feed me too eeh". Oerasu replies to Incensio with his own thought "of course my friend".

"Right behind you Durevan" Oerasu say's. placing down his mallet and taking off his apron. He then picks up his warhammer's harness, and puts it on, buckling its straps, and placing Incensio in it across his back.

He then performs the "Keep Fire Burning" ritual to keep the fire burning in forge over night without burning out.

"Keep Fire Burning" 4W = 1d20 = (3) = 3

Lastly before he leaves he grabs a bucket that he has specially designed for Incensio, lined with gravel and loose coal placed in its center. He then heads off to supper.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 863396. etighe
  • 1d20 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:23 am
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
etighe wrote:

Oerasu replies to Durevan "Oh yes one does need to eat, I lose track of time when working". Oransu then hears his hot tempered 2 handed warhammer Incensio, speaking in his head "Of course your going feed me too eeh". Oerasu replies to Incensio with his own thought "of course my friend".

"Right behind you Durevan" Oerasu say's. placing down his mallet and taking off his apron. He then picks up his warhammer's harness, and puts it on, buckling its straps, and placing Incensio in it across his back.

He then performs the "Keep Fire Burning" ritual to keep the fire burning in forge over night without burning out.

"Keep Fire Burning" 4W = etighe previously rolled 1d20 = (3) = 3

Lastly before he leaves he grabs a bucket that he has specially designed for Incensio, lined with gravel and loose coal placed in its center. He then heads off to supper.


Regular routine, and no heavy rains at 8: 1d20 = (9) = 9
success bumped to critical vs. fail - major victory for Oerasu

The coals glow, their deep red tone enhanced with Oerasu's magic.
He is content that the fire will burn through the night.
Oerasu heads on with Durevan into the Virtuous Ale Inn. They note a fair sized group already gathered for their evening meal. Kal is chatting with Asranalda and Kevravale. Bruvala is there as well.
Other familiar faces: Oerasu's friend Haragarth, Okrith who always seems rather sneaky, and Harstagar.

"Ah, someone managed to pull you out of the fire, eh Oerasu!" says Harstagar. "The ale's a bit thin, I fear, but I hear the soup's got fresh Mistcloud Salmon. First run's finally here, or so Okrith says."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 863779. Jajagappa
  • 1d20 =
  • (9) =
  • 9
  • Regular routine, and no heavy rains at 8:
  • Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:11 pm
Gorwen Finarfin
United States
Lemon Grove
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jajagappa wrote:

The coals glow, their deep red tone enhanced with Oerasu's magic.
He is content that the fire will burn through the night.
Oerasu heads on with Durevan into the Virtuous Ale Inn. They note a fair sized group already gathered for their evening meal. Kal is chatting with Asranalda and Kevravale. Bruvala is there as well.
Other familiar faces: Oerasu's friend Haragarth, Okrith who always seems rather sneaky, and Harstagar.

"Ah, someone managed to pull you out of the fire, eh Oerasu!" says Harstagar. "The ale's a bit thin, I fear, but I hear the soup's got fresh Mistcloud Salmon. First run's finally here, or so Okrith says."


Oerasu takes a seat to the left of Haragarth, places Incensio's pail next to his own chair and then places his right hand on Haragarth's left shoulder and say's "Hello my friend" to Haragarth. Then turns to the group and say's " What is the news of the day?"

Oerasu then motions to the serving girl, and orders two servings of stew and two ales, while listening to the conversation.

While waiting for his food Oerasu places Incensio head down on the coals and thinks here is your dinner my fiery friend. Shortly afterwards the coal just slowly vaporizes into nothing and the hammer slowly descends to the graveled bottom of the bucket.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
etighe wrote:

Oerasu takes a seat to the left of Haragarth, places Incensio's pail next to his own chair and then places his right hand on Haragarth's left shoulder and say's "Hello my friend" to Haragarth. Then turns to the group and say's " What is the news of the day?"

Oerasu then motions to the serving girl, and orders two servings of stew and two ales, while listening to the conversation.
...


"What ho, Oerasu!" exclaims Haragarth, his big voice booming once more. "Bout time ya showed up! Won't be any stew nor ale left ya wait any longer. But did ya see the soldiers? Right fine little parade they made. Folk say they're gathering to go fight Greymane. Kick the lion's butt this time, ya know."

"Mercenaries, all of them. So I hear, and that's the story from Vogarthan, and who's to say nay to that? Course, I'm running hither and yon all day, over to the Matron's Council, then chasing young Garakar to Back of the Chain and back and then off to Grainhome and back. All just the usual day, and everyone wants to know when the Heler Rains will finally get here."

"Oh, Oerasu, I was going to tell you!" Haragarth's voice booms out again. "Oh, Oerasu, I was going to tell ya! Folk say Master Haragust Redsmith is busy forging fine new blades. And now ya reckon the young nobles all over Nolerian got them and getting into duels. One even got killed and dumped in the Old Wall Sewer! Have ya heard such?"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daren Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruvala listens to the out-flowing from Harstagar, missing the chance to respond when he pauses mid flow for only the briefest of times. As he continues her smile spreads again and when at last he runs out of words or short of breath, she isn't quite sure which, she replies "So it's been one of your quieter days then."

She greets Oerasu with a smile and a gesture to a free seat sighing when she hears Haragarth's new news "Such a waste of life."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stewart
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jajagappa wrote:

"What ho, Oerasu!" exclaims Haragarth, his big voice booming once more. "Bout time ya showed up! Won't be any stew nor ale left ya wait any longer. But did ya see the soldiers? Right fine little parade they made. Folk say they're gathering to go fight Greymane. Kick the lion's butt this time, ya know."

Maranis lets out a desirory burp

"Oh, Oerasu, I was going to tell ya! Folk say Master Haragust Redsmith is busy forging fine new blades. And now ya reckon the young nobles all over Nolerian got them and getting into duels. One even got killed and dumped in the Old Wall Sewer! Have ya heard such?"


"Aren't they the brave young bucks, perhaps I need to go test the edge of my axe?"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RuneMagus wrote:
Bruvala listens to the out-flowing from Harstagar, missing the chance to respond when he pauses mid flow for only the briefest of times. As he continues her smile spreads again and when at last he runs out of words or short of breath, she isn't quite sure which, she replies "So it's been one of your quieter days then."


"Ah, yes! Quiet as the pitter patter of gently falling rain or the soothing music of a flowing stream. Which reminds me. There's a rumor that the famed Bundalini and his skeleton troupe have come to Nochet! Or at least to Old Forones and that folk are flocking across by ferry to see his troupe perform. They say it's been decades since he has come to Nochet, though he's been out and about in Sartar in recent years, or so the tales tell it. Perhaps his skeletons have come to visit their kin in the Necropolis? At least Old Isstagar Lyksala said the ferries have been working the passage across the Lyksos all day long, though whether to catch the salmon, hunt for fiddleheads and other sprouts, or see some rumored skeletons, he couldn't answer."

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ajscymru wrote:
Jajagappa wrote:

"What ho, Oerasu!" exclaims Haragarth, his big voice booming once more. "Bout time ya showed up! Won't be any stew nor ale left ya wait any longer. But did ya see the soldiers? Right fine little parade they made. Folk say they're gathering to go fight Greymane. Kick the lion's butt this time, ya know."


Maranis lets out a desirory burp

Jajagappa wrote:
"Oh, Oerasu, I was going to tell ya! Folk say Master Haragust Redsmith is busy forging fine new blades. And now ya reckon the young nobles all over Nolerian got them and getting into duels. One even got killed and dumped in the Old Wall Sewer! Have ya heard such?"


"Aren't they the brave young bucks, perhaps I need to go test the edge of my axe?"


Durevan, ever Maranis' favorite, having come in along with Oerasu, answers her, "Fools, all of them! Think they're off to fight the Lunar Empire, or fight for it some might say. What with rumors of another raid by Greymane and mercenaries flocking in before the Fireseason campaigns, these youngsters are just running amok. Best to stay out of Nolerian altogether. Unfortunate that we've got folk who must tend the Baths there - more trouble there than anywhere else if you ask me. Not that you did, of course." He grins quickly in a half-smirk at his jest to Maranis.

"Time for more ale, I think. Erolsa, dear! Another cup here. Maranis thinks she can outdrink me tonight."

Bored Erolsa hears the request and draws another cup for Durevan. She looks towards Maranis to see if the axe maid wants another as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.