United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its that time of year again!

This year we plan on having 3 RPG math trades. This is the first! Join in, ask questions, and get some good stuff!

The rules are listed in the geek lists below.

Deadline-Offers: 2 April 2016 12:00:00 -0400
Deadline-Wants: 7 April 2016 12:00:00 -0400

Wish-list Geeklist: Spring Fling 2016 RPG Math Trade Wish List - OFFICIAL RESULTS POSTED
Item Submission Geeklist: Spring Fling 2016 RPG Math Trade Submission List - OFFICIAL RESULTS POSTED

Please subscribe to this thread for announcements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been submitted to OLWLG. As soon as its up on the site I will let everyone know.

Also, be aware this is a shipping math trade. There are no restrictions on who can submit, so be aware about shipping policies of who you put on your lists and make your shipping policies clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'm going to be adding some stuff next week! It's time to clear dem shelves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Leitzel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
worldwide trade, yes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Anyone from anywhere on planet Earth may submit items.

But no Martians. Or Venusians. And don't even get me started on the Jovians. They know what they did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OLWLG is set up. Let me know if anything is messed up on it. I will sync once a day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
As this math trade is allowing cash value items (GCs, PayPal, checks) please note that any Math Trader who accepts a cash value trade (either in the form of GC or actual cash) is conducting a direct sale through the site and is subject to the associated commission fee required by the Terms of Service just as with any other sale. For information on how to do this, please see

Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's telling me "That geeklist does not exist", though I saw it earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomsword wrote:
It's telling me "That geeklist does not exist", though I saw it earlier.
Me too, and I definitely saw it earlier (and added items to it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey Bitsko
Australia
Spit Bay Camp
Heard Island
flag msg tools
designer
Twenty-five hours a day...
badge
Twenty-five, Twenty-five!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, something about this math trade isn't adding up...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is telling you the math trade doesn't exist? I'm not seeing that message anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Clicking the "Item Submission Geeklist" link above is returning a "geeklist not found" message. Possibly just a bad link?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did logged out and tried that link and got the same message. Seeing if I can figure it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be fixed now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Works for me now.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also make note of IndigoPotter's post above, which I have added to the geeklist headers. Essentially, if you trade GCs you will owe the site $$$ as commission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
The Geek? Yes, it's a good site. But - ah! You should have seen it before the rebranding! It was legible and a joy to read! All gone now, sadly, and so (mostly) am I because of it ...
badge
I'm sorry, I cannot read this site regularly while the intense white background is in effect. I have eye health issues, and this is painful. I'll still make brief visits, largely for trades and rules questions, but my socializing here is done for now
mbmbmbmbmb
trevlix wrote:
Essentially, if you trade GCs you will owe the site $$$ as commission.
That should be: if you trade FOR Gcs you will owe the site 3% commission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Steffan is right, it's only people that select to accept GCs/PayPal/etc. for their item that will owe the commission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all - only a few days in and already getting close to 100 items!

If you didn't know, having 3 RPG math trades this year is a goal for the site. However, to meet the goal, the trades need to have 25 people participating. Right now we have 12.

So spread the word to anyone who might be interested! We'd love to have more people and are more than willing to help anyone out that has never done a math trade before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
It's been said before, but I think it needs to be said again...

Just entering items into the Geeklist doesn't compel you to trade anything.

And, you're never forced to trade anything you don't want to trade -- even if you enter it into the geeklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Owlbear!
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mb
cjbowser wrote:
It's been said before, but I think it needs to be said again...

Just entering items into the Geeklist doesn't compel you to trade anything.

And, you're never forced to trade anything you don't want to trade -- even if you enter it into the geeklist.

Waiting for someone to enter something you want before entering anything is self-defeating. Adding your item might cause someone to enter something you'd like but one of you has to go first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
The Geek? Yes, it's a good site. But - ah! You should have seen it before the rebranding! It was legible and a joy to read! All gone now, sadly, and so (mostly) am I because of it ...
badge
I'm sorry, I cannot read this site regularly while the intense white background is in effect. I have eye health issues, and this is painful. I'll still make brief visits, largely for trades and rules questions, but my socializing here is done for now
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be entering more. I just have to revise my international postage rates from previous math trades. There was a rate increase this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas (he/him)
Germany
Bovenden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
admin
designer
so many plans...
badge
...not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll enter some stuff, too - need to check what I'm willing to trade away since I just gave away some things recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I've had a few people geekmail me (one person asked me at work -- that's odd) how these things work. I'm no expert. Far from it. But here's a quick guide I typed up. Any similarity to RPGG users and their wants is completely unintentional.

There are many ways to functionally do a math trade in terms of clicking here, there, and everywhere. This is how I do it. Others can and will do it different. As long as you get the geekmail at the end, there is no wrong way.

Math Trades aren't quite like straight-up trades. I'll run through a quick synopsis of how they work. Feel free to ask any and all questions. The more participants the better! It's a multi-person trade where an algorithm does all the heavy lifting. Let's consider the following example.

CJBOWSER lists Spelljammer to trade.
LORDNIGHTWINTER lists Maztica to trade.
TREVLIX lists Ravenloft to trade.

CJBOWSER wants Ravenloft
LORDNIGHTWINTER wants Spelljammer
TREVLIX wants Maztica

They each go into the OLWGL (see below) and makes their selections.

CJBOWSER clicks that he's willing to trade Spelljammer for Ravenloft
LORDNIGHTWINTER clicks that he's willing to trade Maztica for Spelljammer
TREVLIX clicks that he's willing to trade Ravenloft for Maztica

When the submission and want list periods close, the OLWLG goes into a math-frenzy and calculates the best paths to get everybody the most things. Essentially, it's trying to complete as many circuits as possible.

So, it's entirely possible that, when all is said and done...

CJBOWSER mails Spelljammer to LORDNIGHTWINTER
LORDNIGHTWINTER mails Maztica to TREVLIX
TREVLIX mails Ravenloft to CJBOWSER

In the above use-case scenario, the only thing that makes the trade possible is the part where everybody clicks. Just listing or wanting doesn't make the trade happen. It's the clicking.

Now, let's get down and dirty with the steps to make this happen.

Steps:
1. Make sure you're registered at the OLWLG (online want list generator) here: http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/

2. Add items you're willing to trade to the submission geeklist here: https://rpggeek.com/geeklist/206651/spring-fling-2016-rpg-ma...

3. I usually want until the submission list closes to do step 3, but it's not necessary to wait. Go to the OLWLG and scroll down to "Your Active Math Trades." Click on the hyperlink that is the trade's name.

4. New page! Scroll down the list and look for the items you want. When you see one you want, click the ADD button.

5. A pop-up will appear with the games you've entered. Click the check box(es) next to the game(s) you'd be willing to trade for the item you selected in Step 4. Be aware that these are one-for-one trades. Even you click multiple items to trade for the item added in Step 4, only one MIGHT be selected when the OLWLG gets all Mathy with it. Click SAVE on the pop-up.

6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 until you're done.

7. At both the top and bottom of the screen there is a yellow circle that reads Step 4 (not to be confused with Step 4 in my list here). Click it.

8. This is a table view showing everything you want and what you're willing to trade for it.

9. Click SUBMIT MY WANT LIST. The OLWLG isn't open to submitting want lists yet, so I don't have a screenshot of this.

10. You're taking to a new screen. Click SUBMIT again. The OLWLG isn't open to submitting want lists yet, so I don't have a screenshot of this.

11. Make sure you receive a geekmail confirming your submission. If you don't receive a geekmail, then you missed one of the times you need to click the SUBMIT button. Go back to the OLWLG, click the Step 4 icon and go through the submits again.

Yes, it seems complicated when reading about it. But, it's very simple.

You'll never trade away anything that you don't explicitly choose to and you'll never receive anything you never click that you want.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Collector
badge
Collector
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got HUGE collections of the following:
L5R(all editions with tons of extra books)
Eberron (D&D 3.5 core plus tons of extra books)

Dark Heresy (FFG)
Rogue Trader (FFG)
Death Watch (FFG)

Warhammer 40k (I have nearly every rule/art book printed from 1st edition through 6th edition)

I simply have too many to list here reasonably and only want a select few RPG items, so if people are interested, I am looking for the latest Paranoia or anything on my board game want list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |