The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Ironsworn
City of Brass (5E)
Android: Shadow of the Beanstalk
Hogwarts: A Role-Playing Game
Dread
The Armitage Files
B2: The Keep on the Borderlands
World of Gor: Gorean Roleplaying World Encyclopaedia
These Weird Breads Are Sad
The Solo Investigator's Handbook
Wollstonecraft The Role-Playing Game
Maze of the Blue Medusa
The Two-Headed Serpent
Slaves of the Machine God
The Forsaken Kingdom of Fungithrill
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (Second Edition)
Labyrinth Lord
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Apocalypse World
Microscope
Vornheim: The Complete City Kit
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Kids on Bikes: Deluxe Edition
Forbidden Lands Core Boxed Set
Passion Guides My Hand
Book 01: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
The Flood
Warhammer Adventure
B1: In Search of the Unknown
Masks of Nyarlathotep (3rd & 4th edition)
The Deryni Adventure Game
Eyes Only
B10: Night's Dark Terror
Deadlands
The Great Pendragon Campaign
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Forgotten Realms Campaign Set
Book 1: The War-Torn Kingdom
Faction Guide
Swords & Wizardry Complete Rulebook
The One Ring: Adventures over the Edge of the Wild
Gildenbrief (Issue 25 - Jul 1992)
Monster of the Week
The Covetous Poet's Adventure Creator and Solo GM Guidebook
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
The Strange
Microscope Explorer
Carl Clare
United Kingdom
Watford
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
I've been trying to make this less boring. It may be impossible.

There's no room for a dropshadow or background glow.

Adding texture or shading to the parchment just makes the numbers less distinct.

Changing the colour of the numbers to anything other than off-black makes them hard to read, adding outlines ruins the parchment look.

Altering the hue of the red bar thingy looks weird and/or indistinct.

Basically what I can do is put a subtle hue on the year that can be varied, to set the yearly sets apart slightly on your profile page, although if you keep going for a few years you may have to effectively recycle colours as there aren't too many that can be told apart at that level of lightness and saturation.



I think it's fine. Thankyou.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
carlc wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:


I think it's fine. Thankyou.


All right, I'll submit them like this unless anyone has any urgent suggestions.

Correct these as needed:

Folder: RPGG » Challenges » Review Challenges
Name: 2019 RPGG Review Challenge completer - foo points
Mouseover: I scored reached foo points in the 2019 RPGG Review Challenge
Grouping: RPGG Review Challenge

If you're giving out GG for the badges, does that mean they should be left purchasable for as long as the challenge is ongoing, even if that imperils the sacred integrity of the awards?

Previous years had one participant and one completion badge, does that mean we should have a participation badge in addition to the five completion ones, or is it so easy to get 10 points that anyone who doesn't qualify for the lowest award hasn't really tried in the first place?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm not that cool.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
Kaffedrake wrote:
Previous years had one participant and one completion badge, does that mean we should have a participation badge in addition to the five completion ones, or is it so easy to get 10 points that anyone who doesn't qualify for the lowest award hasn't really tried in the first place?


I think the last couple of years we've had 10 points as a minimum to get the participation. There are usually a few people who sign up but then write no reviews and the 10 points keeps them from getting the badge.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sdonohue wrote:
I think the last couple of years we've had 10 points as a minimum to get the participation. There are usually a few people who sign up but then write no reviews and the 10 points keeps them from getting the badge.


In that case, is there a points level where the name should switch from "participant" to "completer", or do we just generously name them all "completer"? The MO I suggested above makes no such distinction, but it could of course be added.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Clare
United Kingdom
Watford
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
sdonohue wrote:
I think the last couple of years we've had 10 points as a minimum to get the participation. There are usually a few people who sign up but then write no reviews and the 10 points keeps them from getting the badge.


In that case, is there a points level where the name should switch from "participant" to "completer", or do we just generously name them all "completer"? The MO I suggested above makes no such distinction, but it could of course be added.


I'm on my phone but earlier in the thread I thought I suggested 'levels'. I'll check later (it's gaming night).

ETA: Points levels

10
25
50
100
200

Good point about 'participation' badge though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
carlc wrote:
I'm on my phone but earlier in the thread I thought I suggested 'levels'.


Yup, I made badges for those levels, just wondering if we should (for instance) label the 10 and 25 levels "participant" and the rest "completer" - I don't know what the criteria were in previous years for being a completer, if you used points at all, or even if you care to maintain such a distinction. From what Steve said it seems we don't need a separate badge just for signing up, though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
Avatar
mb
Page 100.

Keep up the good work.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3rik de πrik
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Once more, because this is getting snowed under and I am now in possession of a copy of Lamentations of the Flame Princess (Player Core Book: Rules & Magic) so I'm desperate for that MB!

3rik wrote:
I would like to see MBs made for:

- Lamentations of the Flame Princess One that's not connected to a particular version of the game.
- Rad-Hack
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
Avatar
mb
3rik wrote:
Once more, because this is getting snowed under and I am now in possession of a copy of Lamentations of the Flame Princess (Player Core Book: Rules & Magic) so I'm desperate for that MB!

3rik wrote:
I would like to see MBs made for:

- Lamentations of the Flame Princess One that's not connected to a particular version of the game.
- Rad-Hack

I can try a LotFP this weekend hopefully.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
Avatar
mb
Please swing by and congratulate your fellow microbadge designers for their on-going awards...

Microbadge Congratulations - July 2018 through January 2019

Thank you.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Because they have no body to go with.
badge
Why don't skeleton ever go trick or treating?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For fans of Bumbling Through Dungeons:



Source:
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mb mb mb mb mb

These were approvened! Heap them on the deserving!

I looked at the event description in question and it seemed you didn't want anyone to feel the challenge was completed at any particular level, so all of them are called "participant". Here's a sneak peek at next year's set, may the planet survive until then etc.:

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3rik de πrik
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
3rik wrote:
Once more, because this is getting snowed under and I am now in possession of a copy of Lamentations of the Flame Princess (Player Core Book: Rules & Magic) so I'm desperate for that MB!

3rik wrote:
I would like to see MBs made for:

- Lamentations of the Flame Princess One that's not connected to a particular version of the game.
- Rad-Hack

I can try a LotFP this weekend hopefully.

That would be great!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
Avatar
mb
3rik wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
3rik wrote:
Once more, because this is getting snowed under and I am now in possession of a copy of Lamentations of the Flame Princess (Player Core Book: Rules & Magic) so I'm desperate for that MB!

3rik wrote:
I would like to see MBs made for:

- Lamentations of the Flame Princess One that's not connected to a particular version of the game.
- Rad-Hack

I can try a LotFP this weekend hopefully.

That would be great!

This draft is quite basic, yet clean.



13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, nice and sharp Bob!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mb
My only comment... "of the" is often abbreviated o/t. So maybe move the O up and drop in a slash?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3rik de πrik
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The commonly used acronym is LotFP, though, not Lo/tFP.

I really like this MB!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Clare
United Kingdom
Watford
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
My only comment... "of the" is often abbreviated o/t. So maybe move the O up and drop in a slash?


In LotFP a slash is not normally used
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mb
I did not mean to imply that it was; it's a general-English thing. It is also a bit old-fashioned, but it helps fill out the MB area.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Kobell
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
I did not mean to imply that it was; it's a general-English thing. It is also a bit old-fashioned, but it helps fill out the MB area.

If I was going to fill it out I’d move up the ot and add a line below to mimic the logo, IMO.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
Avatar
mb
cinderbike wrote:
If I was going to fill it out I’d move up the ot and add a line below to mimic the logo, IMO.



->
(with line added and additional stylization of the "P")

Poll: Draft microbadge for Lamentations of the Flame Princess RPG
Preference?
This.
That.
      15 answers
Poll created by wildthayne
6 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3rik de πrik
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not upload both?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mb
I don't think any game needs two badges so close in style. It opens a huge can of worms. "Here's the game logo in avocado green instead of lime green!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3rik de πrik
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
I don't think any game needs two badges so close in style. It opens a huge can of worms. "Here's the game logo in avocado green instead of lime green!"

Oh yes, you're probably right.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Because they have no body to go with.
badge
Why don't skeleton ever go trick or treating?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For fans of Bumbling Through Dungeons:




Source:


No comments so let move to a poll.

Poll: Bearowl
Is ready to submit?
Yes, submit now.
Not yet.
      4 answers
Poll created by pdzoch
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  98 , 99 , 100 , 101 , 102  Next »  [103] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.