World of Lazarus
Rebel Times (Issue 139 - Apr 2019)
Mythic
Mythic Game Master Emulator
L-1: City of Lies
RuneQuest Pirates
The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game, Volume 1: Your Story
Advanced Race Guide
Vampire: The Masquerade (20th Anniversary Edition)
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Enter the Unknown
The End of the World: Zombie Apocalypse
Feats Reforged Vol. III: The Combat Feats
Sorcerers of Ur-Turuk
Feats Reforged Vol. IV: The Magic Feats
The GameMaster's Apprentice
Tome of Secrets (V20 Dark Ages)
Tales from the Loop
Realms of Terrinoth
Ironsworn
Treasure Hunter: Complete Rulebook (1st Edition)
Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
Kids on Bikes: Deluxe Edition
Bunnies & Burrows Fantasy Role Playing Game
Dark Streets & Darker Secrets
The Book of Many Things Campaign Exclusive Content
The Witch of Underwillow
Fireball
A Friend in Need
Volo's Complete Subrace Handbook
Dungeon Masters Guide (AD&D 1e)
Star Frontiers
Fiend Folio
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition
The word translated to "the sound of a thrown bucket hitting
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
elclarkey wrote:
The other one is the Elfquest RPG

Kaffedrake wrote:
With the original EQ colours I get ... looks a bit murky.

>

This request still active? Maybe doesn't matter, game needs a badge? Good enough?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Has it aged at least a year? Can't rush these things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:

Mid-March 2018, page 77.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:

And speaking of not rushing things... did anything come out of these?

Megadungeon:

I went with white corridors and dark walls.

Entry, cavern, maze, river, temple, exit.

I went with six because you shouldn't be able to fit the entire megadungeon into one MB display.

I think I need to change the river into a lake, and the cave needs to be larger and cave-ier.

Also, is my parchment too dark?

Finally, any other tile theme ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paolo Robino wrote:

Megadungeon:

I went with six because you shouldn't be able to fit the entire megadungeon into one MB display.

I think I need to change the river into a lake, and the cave needs to be larger and cave-ier.

I was going to rebuild them from scratch. They are on my short list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
Paolo Robino wrote:

Megadungeon:

I was going to rebuild them from scratch. They are on my short list.

I kinda like them how they are tbh. Black on white is common, but a bit bland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a request to make a microbadge for Havoc Brigade. The main image for it is this:

Here's my first try:

Any suggestions or other ideas welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
rshipley wrote:
Here's my first try:

Any chance of making the B a little clearer? Maybe tinker with the brightness a bit? It does bother me a bit too, that the letters aren't slanted the same way as in the source, but I understand there's no space to make that happen.

Have you tried any of the faces on the image? Cropping them heavily? One of those could work, maybe.

Also, for the record, this game is excellent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
rshipley wrote:
Here's my first try:

Any chance of making the B a little clearer? Maybe tinker with the brightness a bit? It does bother me a bit too, that the letters aren't slanted the same way as in the source, but I understand there's no space to make that happen.

I can work on the contrast. I left the background of the B alone, I can clean it up to show better. The letters are actually slanted the same (H to the left and B to the right), but it doesn't show up well with just two.

Quote:
Have you tried any of the faces on the image? Cropping them heavily? One of those could work, maybe.

I've tried with the one on the bottom just right of center with no result that I could recognize so far. I might give it another shot.

Quote:

I;ll relay that to the requestor (my wife). Thanks for the comments!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
rshipley wrote:
Kattvippa wrote:
rshipley wrote:
Here's my first try:

I can work on the contrast. I left the background of the B alone, I can clean it up to show better. The letters are actually slanted the same (H to the left and B to the right), but it doesn't show up well with just two.

Ah, optical illusion then.

rshipley wrote:
Quote:

I've tried with the one on the bottom just right of center with no result that I could recognize so far. I might give it another shot.

If that is something you thing won't work, I'd just stick with what you have and perfect that one

rshipley wrote:
Quote:

I;ll relay that to the requestor (my wife). Thanks for the comments!

Clearly your wife has a great taste in games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly a stupid idea: a set of RPG status badges, e.g.:

"My character is nauseated!"

"My character is stunned!"

"My character is charmed!"

Pointless/useful?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:

Pointless/useful?

Possibly useful, although nauseated and stunned seem too short-lived and transient for microbadges. I would lean towards conditions that last more than one day in character time. Besotted? Injured? Burdened? Cursed? Blessed? In training? Seeking?

Edit: Then again, perhaps the effective duration is more flexible since I suppose a single day inside a PbF might spread across weeks of forum posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:

Pointless/useful?

Possibly useful, although nauseated and stunned seem too short-lived and transient for microbadges. I would lean towards conditions that last more than one day in character time. Besotted? Injured? Burdened? Cursed? Blessed? In training? Seeking?

Edit: Then again, perhaps the effective duration is more flexible since I suppose a single day inside a PbF might spread across weeks of forum posts.

I'm actually pretty sure that some folks would also like to by nauseated and stunned, so I would go for it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3rik de πrik
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pending MB requests:
- Fantastic Heroes & Witchery
- The Hero's Journey Fantasy Roleplaying
- Rad-Hack
- The Wasted Hack 1 submitted (and purchased), 1 ready to be submitted
- White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game finished (and purchased)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3rik wrote:

My W? Is there a confirmed buyer for it (who's not just buying it to give it an owner)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Inked Adventures fans:
hand drawn.
photoshopped

Some ideas for improvement by James:
>
>
embossing the rolls for extra 3D effect.

Actually, I think the photoshopped one is truer to the source, and more recognizable, but I do like this. Perhaps I can do something else with the design. Like an RPG thing. My character makes maps? is a scribe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mbmbmb
I did like the idea in the other thread of preserving the asymmetry, which you could still implement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
hand drawn.
photoshopped

I prefer the look of the photoshopped one. The I gets a bit obscured and you could maybe think it says "LA", but this isn't much less the case with the other one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3rik de πrik
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
3rik wrote:

My W? Is there a confirmed buyer for it (who's not just buying it to give it an owner)?

Personally, I don't need two MBs of the same game. But having two available for purchase doesn't seem like a problem.

I will buy MBs for my other three requests, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3rik wrote:

<
?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
3rik wrote:

<
?

I would rather see the wing-like or whisker-like flares on the side than see the crispy corners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
hand drawn.
photoshopped

Some ideas for improvement by James:
>
>
embossing the rolls for extra 3D effect.

Actually, I think the photoshopped one is truer to the source, and more recognizable, but I do like this. Perhaps I can do something else with the design. Like an RPG thing. My character makes maps? is a scribe?

I like this one the best:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
edbolme wrote:
3rik wrote:

<
?

I would rather see the wing-like or whisker-like flares on the side than see the crispy corners.

That would be really nice, but is there enough space for that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
edbolme wrote:
3rik wrote:

<
?

I'd actually like to see the white and black outer strokes around the letters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
edbolme wrote:
3rik wrote:

<
?

I'd actually like to see the white and black outer strokes around the letters.

The letters would have to be scaled down quite a bit in order to pull that off. Also, I see the black more like general stylished background than actually strokes for the letters. This all is a very confusing way of saying I don't think the white & black strokes are necessary and might make the letters too small and the badge look cluttered.

But I might be wrong, so if Ed wants to create an example, I wouldn't mind seeing it, just don't see that as a necessity at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  102 , 103 , 104 , 105 , 106  Next »  [107] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.