The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Xas Irkalla
The Skeletons
No Country For Old Kobolds
Blades in the Dark
Forbidden Lands Gamemaster's Guide
Call of Cthulhu Starter Set
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Fall of Magic
M-Space
Forbidden Lands Player's Handbook
Knights & Legends
City
Complete Gunslinger
Apocalypse World
Paranoia: Red Clearance Edition
Sole
Knights & Legends the Rogue Priest Expansion and Campaign
Book 01: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
The Window (2nd edition)
Assault on the Goblin Hold
Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide
Good Society: A Jane Austen Role-Playing Game
The Fantasy Trip: Legacy Edition
Spooktacular
All That Glitters is Palladium: A Short History of Palladium Books
Mother's Maze
SPACERS Core
The Expanded Godhand
Call of Cthulhu (6th Edition)
Wilderness Survival Guide
Book 05: City of Thieves
The Ruins of Undermountain
Mythic Game Master Emulator
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Emerald Empire (3rd Edition)
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Swords & Spells
The Lostfinders Guide to Mire End
Dungeon World Roleplaying Game
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Ninth World Guidebook
Storm King's Thunder
The Cthulhu Hack: Convicts & Cthulhu
The GameMaster's Apprentice Instructions
Tiny Dungeon 2nd Edition
Adventure Kit: Oath of the Frozen King
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
Alone Against the Dark (2nd edition)
Ironsworn
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
3rik wrote:
Sjeng wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:
FrontierSpace:


My fav out of the 3.

Yes, mine too. Ready to be submitted AFAIAC. thumbsup


-> ->

Dropshadow reduced in the middle; further de-harshed on the right by making the black a dark grey. Middle one probably better though.

3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Eyed Jack wrote:
Red Eyed Jack wrote:

Okay. mb has been submitted.

It has been approved!

And how does one get this piece of awesome?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
3rik wrote:
Sjeng wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:
FrontierSpace:


My fav out of the 3.

Yes, mine too. Ready to be submitted AFAIAC. thumbsup


-> ->

Dropshadow reduced in the middle; further de-harshed on the right by making the black a dark grey. Middle one probably better though.


I actually kinda like the one on the left best. Opinions, anyone else?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The shovel was a ground-breaking invention.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Me, too. But I did not want to be the first to say so.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Submitting the first is no problem, can I just try splitting the difference first (50-40-30 opacity on the dropshadow):

> >

Editalso: mb was approvened.
5 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
Red Eyed Jack wrote:
Red Eyed Jack wrote:

Okay. mb has been submitted.

It has been approved!

And how does one get this piece of awesome?

I've currently given away 9200 Geek Citizenship Micros:

Geek Citizenship Recognition

When we hit 10k - we'll unleash this celebration micro to anyone that wants it.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Submitting the first is no problem, can I just try splitting the difference first (50-40-30 opacity on the dropshadow):

> >

Editalso: mb was approvened.

Looks good to me
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Roesch
France
Bollwiller
Alsace
flag msg tools
designer
Scriptarium - Arpenteurs d'univers de livres-jeux
badge
Yes, I look like Cthulhu. But I smell better. And I write adventures.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'd like to propose some microbadges, linked to Scriptarium (https://boardgamegeek.com/rpgdesigner/92497/scriptarium) and Rêve de Dragon (https://boardgamegeek.com/rpg/4284/reve-de-dragon).

Scriptarium (French associative RPG editor): https://scriptarium.fr/fr/

RdD crowdfunding (no promo: it is over, items have been sent to everybody, and it is available in online stores - and very soon in physical ones): https://www.ulule.com/reve-de-dragon-la-reedition-du-jeu-de-...



RdD logo:




Proposed microbadge:




Group: Role-Playing Games
Grouping Description: Rêve de Dragon RPG fan
Name: Rêve de Dragon RPG
Mouseover Text: Rêve de Dragon, dreamlike fantasy RPG




--- --- ---




Scriptarium logo:




Proposed microbadge:




Group: Role-Playing Related
Grouping Description: Scriptarium fan
Name: Scriptarium
Mouseover Text: Scriptarium - Arpenteurs d'univers de livres-jeux

(translation: "Scriptarium - gamebooks universes surveyors" this is Scriptarium's slogan, as it was first created to make links between RPG and gamebooks)



How do you feel with these proposals?

Conflict of interest: I am linked to Scriptarium, because I work with this association, but I am volunteer and don't earn money. I was involved in RdD reedition as crowdfunding planner and did the maths, but I do not earn anything on its sells.

PS: I posted my first attempt there https://boardgamegeek.com/article/30757057#30757057 and got some very useful tips.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mastadaddy wrote:
Hi, I'd like to propose some microbadges, linked to Scriptarium (https://boardgamegeek.com/rpgdesigner/92497/scriptarium) and Rêve de Dragon (https://boardgamegeek.com/rpg/4284/reve-de-dragon).

Scriptarium (French associative RPG editor): https://scriptarium.fr/fr/

RdD crowdfunding (no promo: it is over, items have been sent to everybody, and it is available in online stores - and very soon in physical ones): https://www.ulule.com/reve-de-dragon-la-reedition-du-jeu-de-...



RdD logo:




Proposed microbadge:




Group: Role-Playing Games
Grouping Description: Rêve de Dragon RPG fan
Name: Rêve de Dragon RPG
Mouseover Text: Rêve de Dragon, dreamlike fantasy RPG

It's pretty impossible to see what is in the microbadge, the image is too large to be fit in the small space. Could you maybe pick a part of the image, or some completely different image as your source image?

Edit: Maybe try just the neck, head and front legs?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mastadaddy wrote:
Scriptarium logo:




Proposed microbadge:




Group: Role-Playing Related
Grouping Description: Scriptarium fan
Name: Scriptarium
Mouseover Text: Scriptarium - Arpenteurs d'univers de livres-jeux

(translation: "Scriptarium - gamebooks universes surveyors" this is Scriptarium's slogan, as it was first created to make links between RPG and gamebooks)



How do you feel with these proposals?

Conflict of interest: I am linked to Scriptarium, because I work with this association, but I am volunteer and don't earn money. I was involved in RdD reedition as crowdfunding planner and did the maths, but I do not earn anything on its sells.

PS: I posted my first attempt there https://boardgamegeek.com/article/30757057#30757057 and got some very useful tips.

This one looks pretty nice already. Could you maybe make it a bit sharper? It looks like some pixels are unnecessary dark and others unnecessary semi-transparent, which makes it look a bit fuzzy. And maybe work on the quill with some semi-transparent pixels to see if it would be possible to make look more like a quill? Might be impossible as it's so tiny, but worth a try

What exactly is Scriptarium? I'm asking because I want to make sure the microbadge will be in the correct folder when submitted.

And it doesn't matter at all that you are linked to Scriptarium
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with this comment:
ArcticLancer wrote:

Now admittedly I don't know much about the game or the company, but in popping open the kickstarter page you linked, the title card for the video shows some really nice looking letters that should be much easier to translate into a badge:

However if you're set on the dragon (which would be quite reasonable) you might focus on a specific part of it (like zooming in on the head and part of the neck).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Roesch
France
Bollwiller
Alsace
flag msg tools
designer
Scriptarium - Arpenteurs d'univers de livres-jeux
badge
Yes, I look like Cthulhu. But I smell better. And I write adventures.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
It's pretty impossible to see what is in the microbadge, the image is too large to be fit in the small space. Could you maybe pick a part of the image, or some completely different image as your source image?

Edit: Maybe try just the neck, head and front legs?


Thank you!
I wanted to keep the general shape, because it is very characteristic of this RPG's graphics, but here is a try with only the head.



How is it?


Kattvippa wrote:
This one looks pretty nice already. Could you maybe make it a bit sharper? It looks like some pixels are unnecessary dark and others unnecessary semi-transparent, which makes it look a bit fuzzy. And maybe work on the quill with some semi-transparent pixels to see if it would be possible to make look more like a quill? Might be impossible as it's so tiny, but worth a try


You're right!
Thank you.

Quote:
What exactly is Scriptarium? I'm asking because I want to make sure the microbadge will be in the correct folder when submitted.


It is a french RPG associative publisher, we own french licences for Advanced Fighting Fantasy, and we translate The Dark Eye into French, among others.


Sjeng wrote:
I agree with this comment:
ArcticLancer wrote:

Now admittedly I don't know much about the game or the company, but in popping open the kickstarter page you linked, the title card for the video shows some really nice looking letters that should be much easier to translate into a badge:

However if you're set on the dragon (which would be quite reasonable) you might focus on a specific part of it (like zooming in on the head and part of the neck).


Yep, me too. My problem is that we own the logo, but I am not sure we can use these letters, outside this video. I will check with the conceptor.

Edit: that was fast. Yes we can. So I will
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Roesch
France
Bollwiller
Alsace
flag msg tools
designer
Scriptarium - Arpenteurs d'univers de livres-jeux
badge
Yes, I look like Cthulhu. But I smell better. And I write adventures.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
2 new tries with the letters, for RdD:

v4:


v5:



Thank you for your advices!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Roesch
France
Bollwiller
Alsace
flag msg tools
designer
Scriptarium - Arpenteurs d'univers de livres-jeux
badge
Yes, I look like Cthulhu. But I smell better. And I write adventures.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
This one looks pretty nice already. Could you maybe make it a bit sharper? It looks like some pixels are unnecessary dark and others unnecessary semi-transparent, which makes it look a bit fuzzy. And maybe work on the quill with some semi-transparent pixels to see if it would be possible to make look more like a quill? Might be impossible as it's so tiny, but worth a try


Quick try:
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mastadaddy wrote:
2 new tries with the letters, for RdD:

v4:


v5:



Thank you for your advices!

I like the version 4, but maybe give it a slight drop shadow to make it pop?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mastadaddy wrote:
Kattvippa wrote:
This one looks pretty nice already. Could you maybe make it a bit sharper? It looks like some pixels are unnecessary dark and others unnecessary semi-transparent, which makes it look a bit fuzzy. And maybe work on the quill with some semi-transparent pixels to see if it would be possible to make look more like a quill? Might be impossible as it's so tiny, but worth a try


Quick try:

Now it looks really pixalated and jagged, the previous version was way better.

There's some very helpful tips on how to make thing happen microbadge-wise, here:

Creating Microbadges - Hints, Help, and How to avoid common mistakes

You can also ask some of the more experienced microbadge designers to create these badges, as it's not very easy to make these look very nice as the real estate is so small, so you don't have to learn from the scratch how to make nice badges

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3rik de πrik
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea (First and Second Editions) available
FrontierSpace available

one more...
Low Fantasy Gaming
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
3rik wrote:


based on this perhaps?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Morrow Project:

<


?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford the Youngest (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
Morrow Project:

<


?


A good start!

Your orange/red colour is darker than the original; the spears could do with sharpening; and in my opinion it needs the circle around it to "hold it in" and look like the original more.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
Morrow Project:

<


?


I'm sure I've seen this design before, is it from your backlog?

Searching back I could only find this, but it's before my time, so it's presumably not what I recall.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3rik de πrik
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:

Yes, please. thumbsup
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifford wrote:
edbolme wrote:
Morrow Project:

<


?


A good start!

Your orange/red colour is darker than the original; the spears could do with sharpening; and in my opinion it needs the circle around it to "hold it in" and look like the original more.

Curiously, I thought I sampled the color. I'll check.

The circle costs a pixel all the way around, and room for three spears is not easy.

I'll adjust the coloration and see what I can do to sharpen the tips.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
edbolme wrote:
Morrow Project:

<


?


I'm sure I've seen this design before, is it from your backlog?

Searching back I could only find this, but it's before my time, so it's presumably not what I recall.

I made this one a while back, but didn't post it until now AFAICT. So maybe you're clairvoyant?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess would be I'm misrecalling some other badge, maybe an SF game design with three streaking starships (just as in the space carol).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  94 , 95 , 96 , 97 , 98  Next »  [99] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.