World of Gor: Gorean Roleplaying World Encyclopaedia
These Weird Breads Are Sad
The Solo Investigator's Handbook
Wollstonecraft The Role-Playing Game
Maze of the Blue Medusa
The Two-Headed Serpent
Slaves of the Machine God
The Forsaken Kingdom of Fungithrill
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (Second Edition)
Labyrinth Lord
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Apocalypse World
Microscope
Vornheim: The Complete City Kit
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Kids on Bikes: Deluxe Edition
Forbidden Lands Core Boxed Set
Passion Guides My Hand
Book 01: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
The Flood
Warhammer Adventure
B1: In Search of the Unknown
Masks of Nyarlathotep (3rd & 4th edition)
The Deryni Adventure Game
Eyes Only
B10: Night's Dark Terror
Deadlands
The Great Pendragon Campaign
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Forgotten Realms Campaign Set
Book 1: The War-Torn Kingdom
Faction Guide
Swords & Wizardry Complete Rulebook
The One Ring: Adventures over the Edge of the Wild
Gildenbrief (Issue 25 - Jul 1992)
Monster of the Week
The Covetous Poet's Adventure Creator and Solo GM Guidebook
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
The Strange
Microscope Explorer
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
thread titles

Point taken on the threads vs geeklists with version numbers.
So then at least this? maybe?

Sjeng wrote:

Archived MB design and request threads:

(add [CLOSED] and remove that (post all new microbadges here before submission) bit from the first one?)
Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback (2014-2018) [CLOSED]
Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback (2012-2014) [CLOSED]
Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback (2009-2012) [CLOSED]

consistent titles
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist v4 [CLOSED]
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist v3 [CLOSED]
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist v2 [CLOSED]
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist v1 [CLOSED]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:

Point taken on the threads vs geeklists with version numbers.
So then at least this? maybe?

Sjeng wrote:

Archived MB design and request threads:

(add [CLOSED] and remove that (post all new microbadges here before submission) bit from the first one?)
Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback (2014-2018) [CLOSED]
Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback (2012-2014) [CLOSED]
Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback (2009-2012) [CLOSED]

consistent titles
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist v4 [CLOSED]
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist v3 [CLOSED]
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist v2 [CLOSED]
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist v1 [CLOSED]

Those threads fall under Skippen's turf (and are posted by him), so I'm not touching them

You can ask, if he's willing to make the change though. I would also ask the author of each geeklist to make the change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
The science of history is a great bulwark against the stream of Time; in a way it checks this irresistible flood, it holds in a tight grasp whatever it can seize floating on the surface and will not allow it to slip away into the depths of oblivion
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't bug skippen with something this trivial, honestly. just my 2cents...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Schwartzkopf wrote:
Don't bug skippen with something this trivial, honestly. just my 2cents...

I won't. I've posted it several times in the review thread itself, and he never replies, so I've stopped asking. He doesn't care apparently.

(which makes me think, would he actually care if Kattvippa changed the titles to have a version number and [CLOSED] in them?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Loesing
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey everyone, would love to introduce a microbadge for fans of ADOM the Roleplaying game and ADOM the roguelike.

Whatcha think about these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Kobell
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
VexingVision wrote:
Hey everyone, would love to introduce a microbadge for fans of ADOM the Roleplaying game and ADOM the roguelike.

Source images? And I’d ditch the white background - no need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Loesing
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh interesting, they're transparent prior to the upload. Hmm.

The source image is our logo:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
VexingVision wrote:

What is "ADOM the roguelike"? That is not the RPG and I couldn't find anything else with that name on RPGG's database. Is it some sort of supplement...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
VexingVision wrote:

What is "ADOM the roguelike"? That is not the RPG and I couldn't find anything else with that name on RPGG's database. Is it some sort of supplement...?

It started as a video game: Ancient Domains of Mystery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Kattvippa wrote:
VexingVision wrote:

It started as a video game: Ancient Domains of Mystery

Thanks I actually got that far by myself, but wasn't sure if the second badge was for that, or something else, as the name is different.

So, if the second badge is for the video game, it should be posted to the video game microbadge thread instead:

Video Game Microbadges - Design, Discussion and Request Thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mb
VexingVision wrote:
Oh interesting, they're transparent prior to the upload. Hmm.

If they are saved as jpg or gif, try saving them as png and then upload them again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Loesing
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No, these are for ADOM the pen&paper roleplaying game that's currently up on Kickstarter. We're figuring out what to do with the computer game another time, right now I've got requests from people to show their allegiance to the roleplaying game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VexingVision wrote:
No, these are for ADOM the pen&paper roleplaying game that's currently up on Kickstarter. We're figuring out what to do with the computer game another time, right now I've got requests from people to show their allegiance to the roleplaying game.

Okay, thanks for the clarification

In that case I'd say one of those is enough, since they even look so similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Veirs
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!
I was looking for a microbadge that represented Conjecture Games or a CG product and did not see one.
The owner and author, Zach Best (user: Ravious), passed from this world in October 2017, and I was wondering about the possibility of having a badge made.
I found a company logo image in RPGG's database entry for CG, but it is not my image, so I want to make sure it is OK for me to reproduce it here before I do so.
I do not know if the image is suitable for creating a badge and am looking for your thoughts about it before I try and figure out how to try and do it.
Here is the link to the image, for now,

https://rpggeek.com/image/1701456/conjecture-games

EDIT: And the image,

Thank you for your time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mb
blodeo wrote:
Hello!
I was looking for a microbadge that represented Conjecture Games or a CG product and did not see one.
The owner and author, Zach Best (user: Ravious), passed from this world in October 2017, and I was wondering about the possibility of having a badge made.
I found a company logo image in RPGG's database entry for CG, but it is not my image, so I want to make sure it is OK for me to reproduce it here before I do so.
I do not know if the image is suitable for creating a badge and am looking for your thoughts about it before I try and figure out how to try and do it.
Here is the link to the image, for now,

https://rpggeek.com/image/1701456/conjecture-games

Thank you for your time!

I'm sorry to hear about Zach Best.

I believe it would be both appropriate and permissible to use the image.

It might also be graphically tricky because of the aspect ratio and the fine lines. Perhaps cropping part of the image would still be representative?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Clare
United Kingdom
Watford
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carlc wrote:
I hope this is the right Geeklist....

Request: "RPG Geek Review Challenge 2019"

Microbadge request (please, please, please)

Please ignore the geeklist item - it's not relevant.

I have taken over the annual RPG Geek review challenge and to try and make it less intimidating (and thus hopefully get more interest) I would like to award badges this year for achieving the following point levels:

Now, I admit I know nothing about MB creation and I may be asking too much but is an MB possible that has both the year and a score (as detailed above) possible?

I'm happy to throw gg at whoever creates the design.

Hi all

Is anyone willing to take this on? sdonohue is already at 52 points!

As noted I have gg to give for these badges.

Thank you in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is something completely different from the RPGG Review Challenge badges?

mb mb

Are they going to be purchasable or have you cleared a giveaway with the admins?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Clare
United Kingdom
Watford
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
So this is something completely different from the RPGG Review Challenge badges?

mb mb

Are they going to be purchasable or have you cleared a giveaway with the admins?

Same challenge just trying to refresh it as it was starting to wane.

Admins have agreed (see earlier in the thread).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3rik de πrik
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just gonna quote myself as a reminder...

3rik wrote:
I would like to see MBs made for:

- Lamentations of the Flame Princess One that's not connected to a particular version of the game.
- Rad-Hack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
I fit a year and a score onto a pixelly scroll:

But it doesn't really say "review" and/or "challenge" so somebody should be able to do better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Clare
United Kingdom
Watford
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:

But it doesn't really say "review" and/or "challenge" so somebody should be able to do better.

But a scroll fits as much as a thumb does!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake, would you please make updated 2019 versions of these badges?

mb
mb

Someone is already eligible for the winning one! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, if Kattvippa isn't doing them (it's her designs, I updated them last year among other things when she was away).

The question is what kind of design to use for the 9. I used a 4-pixel-wide stock 8, matching the width of the near-stock 7. However, next year the extra width of the 2 will force the 0 to be 3-pixel, as the 5 and 6 were. If we want, we can put off any inconsistencies until 2027, but maybe it's better to go back to 3-width right away.

(Incidentally, though I addressed some subtle transparency issues from the previous designs, looking at my versions now I notice I managed to introduce a couple of new ones. Maybe Daniel or Jonna can help me reswitch them.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Clare
United Kingdom
Watford
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:

Hi Kaffedrake

To be clear - I'm perfectly happy with your idea!

Carl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to make this less boring. It may be impossible.

There's no room for a dropshadow or background glow.

Adding texture or shading to the parchment just makes the numbers less distinct.

Changing the colour of the numbers to anything other than off-black makes them hard to read, adding outlines ruins the parchment look.

Altering the hue of the red bar thingy looks weird and/or indistinct.

Basically what I can do is put a subtle hue on the year that can be varied, to set the yearly sets apart slightly on your profile page, although if you keep going for a few years you may have to effectively recycle colours as there aren't too many that can be told apart at that level of lightness and saturation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  97 , 98 , 99 , 100 , 101  Next »  [103] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.