Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Eclipse Phase (First Edition)» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC] Eclipse Phase - New Campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2016 [+] [View All]
Cody Lenhart
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is not recruiting as far as I know.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hols
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
((I had a hard time working out how to introduce everyone so, I changed the initial start point...))

The day is finally here. You won the Gatecrasher lottery, and you got to Titan. Perhaps you have been here for days, perhaps you arrived by bulk transport this morning, in the end, all that matters is you made it. Its 9:47AM local time and you were instructed to meet at Landing Pad 8, for departure at 10:00AM. You see quite a few other people milling about the spartan waiting area, which is adorned with a couple of benches, and a potted plant. The plant looks to be imported from Mars, and is looking a bit sickly. The lighting is decent, a few round recessed emplacements, currently being helped by the morning sun, through the windows over looking the landing pad. Judging by the size of the landing pad, its for larger transports and looking at the wear and tear on it's surface, its used quite frequently. There is a small layer of frost covering the less abused portions of the pad, reminding you of the frigid temperatures this far from Sol's warm embrace. Above the view ports displaying the landing pad, is a fairly large monitor displaying what appears to be local Gatecrashing news. The overly enthusiastic hostess, a mid-40s looking brunette with green eyes and a welcoming face, is talking about a recent incident at a remote colony involving a terrorist attack on a Hypercorp held colony. The audio isn't turned on, but the mesh subtitles help describe what appears to be another attack on an Exotech colony by that of the Bioconservative Jovian Junta. One of just many threats and situations you may face in your new career, assuming today goes well. Everyone assembled, is most likely here for transport to Gatekeeper Headquarters, either to become a 'Crasher or to petition Gatekeeper for something involving the Pandora Gate. As the distant sun continues its skyward trajectory, it illuminates the assembled throng of individuals ever more clearly. You take a moment to study each one, as they are each a possible member of your future gatecrashing team.

((Describe your character's outward appearance (physical description) and outward attitude (Demeanor). In order from Highest to Lowest.))

*Doug: 1d100 = (46) = 46*
*Matt: 1d100 = (89) = 89*
*Cody: 1d100 = (56) = 56*
*Paul: 1d100 = (94) = 94*
*Dave: 1d100 = (80) = 80*
*I will add additional people once everyone has posted their description, and continue the narrative.*

**EDIT: Paul is moving, move him to the bottom before me, and continue as normal.**
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Beebe
msg tools
You can see that I am still young barley out of my teens. I am no taller than your average human. I appear to be in good shape. I also have a few scars that are visible but, one that really stands out as it is on my face. Starting from just above my right eye downward toward my jaw bone. It does appear as if I have lived a hard life thus far.

I am trying to find out what is going on. I am curious of the people that I have been placed with.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Darling
msg tools
Wandering through the crowd is a young boy, looking to be about 10 years old. Under a black hood pulled low is a tousled mess of blond hair, obscuring eyes that are a bright blue belying the dark recesses of this universe that have been seen by them. Black robes hiding all but his face and one tanned hand absentmindedly fiddling with a small pocketwatch. Seemingly impatient waiting for the time to come to board the transport.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Lenhart
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeming to stare into nowhere, and yet you know it is actually seeing everything, an average sized Octomorph is standing on three of it's arms. The other ones seem to be doing a multitude of other activities, such as going through a pocket of it's burnt orange vac-suit, flitting around aimlessly, and periodically bracing an arm against the wall next to it.

When you first saw the octomorph it was a darker blackish brown, but as more people begin to gather and crowd into the room, it started to shift more towards the red spectrum. Now it is a deep blood red and is waving it's free arms around more wildly, seeming to create more elbow room as it were.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas McCrory
Canada
flag msg tools
Spacing out watching the current news, a medium-large sized synthmorph stands near the edge of the crowd. His entire morph, armor included, is painted black and dark blue, he's wearing only a torn dark gray shawl that's covering his head and barely covers two decent sized bulges on his upper back/shoulder area. Although he is staring at the monitor, his focus is on everyone else, measuring up how well they will fare in the gatecrash.

Upon seeing the recent event, he thinks to himself, Amateurs..., and breaks his sight from the monitor to find a spot to sit. As he shifts through the crowd of people, his predatorial gait is profoundly noticeable, and he seems to value his personal space, since he keeps everyone at least an arms distance away.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Lenhart
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The octomorph wanders up close to the entrance and starts pacing. It seems irritated. One of the tentacles starts to continuously slap at the floor in almost a foot tapping motion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hols
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
((I need to start writing with more allowance for you guys to do things, and less of a novel. This is like the 18th reiteration of this particular scene, and is one of the shorter ones. One of the versions was nearly three pages in Word, and had me puppeting some of you, which isn't fair. TL;DR Sorry this took so long.))

Seated in a corner are a gaggle of Lunarians and Martians, judging by their attire all businesspeople. They seem to be in a debate on whether the new Robomule is really an improvement over last year's model. A mid 50s looking gentlemen with slickbacked blonde hair with green tips, keeps loudly insisting that there were over two dozen notable improvements to it's design and at least four new overall features. Several of the others seem unconvinced, and seem more intrigued by a pair of figures standing off on their own. One of the subject's of the scrutiny is a tall man, with dark brown almost black hair. Cut short, nearly shaved, at the very least former military style. He is wearing a nice dark blue almost navy casual business suit, that says "ex-law enforcement" (Think FBI Agent). Which is only aided by his aquiline features. He is having a rather serious conversation with a petite blonde woman of athletic build, with fierce blue eyes, and an blue electoo (bio-luminescent tattoo) under her left eye. It's tough to discern what the tattoo is exactly from a distance. Both are clearly wearing side holsters, containing medium pistols, despite the restriction on firearms set in place by Gatekeeper (You are allowed to have them for gatecrashing, they are just stored in your luggage for use later). This helps lead credibility to the belief that they are both some sort of law enforcement. She is exhibiting clear signs of agitation, as she shifts her weight constantly between feet, drawing attention to the fact that here form fitting khakis end in a, clearly designed for pursuit, pair of wedges. She also keeps tugging at the sleeves of her white blouse. You are just far enough away that you would have to focus hard on their conversation. Your eyes and attention are drawn to sudden glow from outside, as retro-thrusters fire on a transport arriving at the landing pad. The speakers in the surveillance spine erupt into life. "*BINGBONG* The 10am shuttle to Gatekeeper is now arriving. Please head to the departure gate at this time. Please, ensure you have gathered all of your personal effects, as Gatekeeper is not liable for any items left in the waiting area.", states an artificial female voice. There is a bit of commotion as the blonde aggressively brushes past the gentlemen she was talking, breaking off their conversation. But not enough to prevent people from gathering their things and heading toward the gate. As the one of the first at the gate, the octomorph is joined quickly by the green hair tipped salesman, "Have you heard about the over two dozen improvements to the -". He is interrupted by the departure gate sliding open with a hiss of escaping air.



*OPTIONS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE [Please pick one]*

*Investigate a particular person or event more (Will PM the details)

*Head directly to your assigned seat on the shuttle

*Strike up a conversation with one of other PCs

*Choose your own option

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Lenhart
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OOC-Refer to OOC thread for color usage. PM me with your color choices including hex and I will update it so we have one area to look for stuff if needed.



The octomorph perks up at the sound of the announcement and starts towards it's seat. As it brushes past the salesman it says quietly with an oddly deep voice for an octomorph, "May the sea consume you."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas McCrory
Canada
flag msg tools
OOC- If you want to keep all of the language colors on top of the OOC we can, otherwise I'll make my own post about the colors.

Observing the scene, the synthmorph laughs to itself, She's a feisty one, kind of reminds me of Andrea. -- You don't think it's her, do you? -- Nah, Andy has a bit more fire to her. Besides last I heard from Andy, she was doing mercenary work on Mars.

You haven't received any messages about them having any involvement in gatecrashing recently, but would you like to send a message to the old team to see if anyone is here? -- Later Soph, for now I want to see if I can't find out anymore about the blonde. If she ends up on the field with us, she might be a good ally in a firefight.

And with the scene over and the people starting to gather near the entrance, the synthmorph starts to make its way towards the crowd.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Beebe
msg tools
The Human stands up as he hears the loud speakers and as he is heading to his seat on the shuttle he says under his breath "Here we go!"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Darling
msg tools
As soon as the gates open the young boy in black starts shuffling towards it, obviously eager to board. As more and more crowd the gateway he seems to just swim through the crowd until he is somehow one of the first to board.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hols
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
As you step out onto the tarmac, you are hit with a searing cold. Though the sun beams down, it is still unnaturally cold versus what most of you are used to it. A desperate reminder of how far from Sol (Earth's Sun) trans-humanity has pushed since the Fall. The Octomorph is the first to board, followed by the green-tipped salesman. He seems leery of the octomorph. The look upon his face says he is clearly insulted but not sure how it was accomplished. The seating of the craft is a 2 by 2 configuration, two seats either side of a center aisle. The octomorph takes his assigned seat on the left side, while the perturbed salesman sits on the right. As the others filter in, it boils down to the salespeople on the right, and the 'crashers on the left. The Blonde and her "partner" sit together near the back. ((For the expedience of the campaign I am going to do a slight bit of puppeting.)) The flight lasts roughly an hour, most of it in silence. The sales people reviewing their marketing, and the blonde and her "partner" appear to be having a 'who ever talks first gets shot' match. The shuttle touches down without event and everyone begins departure procedures. As you descend the ramp, you are met by a security team, that clearly want you to stay put on the tarmac. The Salespeople are allowed to pass without incident. The "partner" walks up to the security team and turns to face you guys, the assembled 'crashers.

"My name is Elias Rundstrom. I am an agent of the Naval Intelligence Division. I am currently Gatekeeper's liason with NID. As newly employed gatecrashers for Gatekeeper, I thought I would take a moment to get to know you guys, and to point out that you are, as I suspect many of you have already deduced, the most recently recruited team. From here on out you will be treated as novice gatecrashers and evaluated as a team. Some of you may have previous experience and let me assure you that only goes far with people like Jeremiah. Gatecrashing may end up being one of trans-humanity's greatest hopes of salvation. That is why the Commonwealth has people like me as part of Gatekeeper's command chain. I have been through the Gate many times, as well as am a veteran of the TITAN war. Specifically Iapetus." You notice the blonde wince at the name. "Gatecrashing makes that engagement seem like a stroll in the park sometimes. I tell you this for two reasons. One. Not fond of having this talk over and over again. The second one is, and let me make this abundantly clear. If you in anyway endanger the Commonwealth or trans-humanity as a whole with your actions while out there or coming back. I will have no qualms about ending you. Now with the pep talk over with, let us go meet Jeremiah and get your first assigment." With that he turns around and the security team moves in to formation around you all. You are led through the facility. It's very post modern 20th century. Lots of art deco furniture and glass walls. Potted plants adorn each room you can see into. "This is the administration building. Probably the nicest place on Pandora, with the exception of a couple of the clubs over in the 'Burbs. That's the name for the area where 'crashers live and have recreational time. You will all receive a living space there, after today's briefing. They aren't anything to be excited about initially, and depending on the number of teams back from deployments, you may end up with a roommate." He looks deep in thought for a moment. ** "And in case you have any more ideas about digging into the past of those on your team, perhaps it's best to just ask them. Some things are best left buried." He continues walking but turns to look in the direction of the hooded synthmorph. "Your supplies that were checked in for transport such as your firearms are being delivered to your living accommodations." You continue winding your way through wide corridors, seeing the occasional team in a similar situation but without someone like Elias with them. Likely veteran teams. But you start to get the distinct impression you are taking the long way to your destination "Ah, room 317. Jeremiah will be expecting you. If you would kindly." he states has he motions the team through the door.

As you enter, a smart board on the far wall lights up showing the face of a middle aged man with what appears to be 2 days worth of 5 o'clock shadow. He has grey eyes and stare that says I have more power than many realize. He has a warm smile on his face at the moment though. "Please everyone make yourself comfortable then we will begin with introductions, then the briefing. And thanks to Mr. Rundstrom's usual ways, you have 8.33 minutes less than I had allowed in my scheduling. I know you can hear me, Elias! Stop dallying every time we have a new team! I will find proof you do it purely to annoy me!" For those looking toward the door, you see the agent shrug and give a smirk before turning to talk with the security detail. "Now then how we will do introductions is I will pick someone at random, and then they will nominate the next individual. It would be wise to share your name, if you have any previous gatecrashing experience, what if any expertise you may have that you want them to know about, and perhaps because I can, an interesting fact about your past to spark future dialogue at whatever seedy bar you will likely find yourselves in after this." His face scans the room real quick. His eyes settling on the blonde from earlier. "Eli since this is not our first meeting, why don't you start."

"As the smart-board pointed out incorrectly, my name is El, as in the letter." Jeremiah just rolls his eyes. "Last names aren't important at this stage but I do have extensive training in aeronautical vehicles and am rather well versed in the act of war. My past is my own and you better stay out of it, but for the sake of building trust I will share that I served briefly with the Rangers of the TQZ on Mars." She pauses breifly. "Since you were so keen to know about me, perhaps you can share with the group about yourself." She turns to face the synthmorph, her blue eyes turning to an intense glare as she casually motions for the synthmorph to go.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas McCrory
Canada
flag msg tools
The synthmorph stands up from his chair, and speaks with a low western drawl, "My apologies ma'am, I wasn't aware such a thing would be invasive, but if you must know, you reminded me of an old friend, however..", it glances towards where Elias was last seen, remembering his 'just ask them' comment, and glances back. "you didn't seem to be in a conversational mood, and I like my body to remain in one piece, thanks." With that the synthmorph shrugs its shoulders just enough to briefly raise the cowl enough to show a symbol on its left outer arm and the bottom half of the same symbol on the right side of its chest to anyone paying attention enough to notice.

"The name's Melas. Call me Mel, if you wish. I've gatecrashed before with a science team, partially as a researcher, mostly as hired muscle. I was once apart of an infiltration team on Mars before the Fall. Let's just say we didn't take to kindly to the TITANs getting aggressive with us." With his part done, he glares back at El and then looks around the room, before sitting down. "You're an interesting one, let's hear about you, octopus."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Lenhart
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Octomorph straightens up and starts to shade towards a blue-ish hue. He nods at Melas and begins addressing the room."Hello team members. My name is Fhtagn, a hilarious call sign my progenitors decided to title me." He draws out the word hilarious seeming to add sarcasm to the statement. "And yes, I am an octopus as you say... human? Is that how I should refer to you? He continues talking giving Melas no time to respond.

"I had... the opportunity to leave Mars and Eos Rail to pursue my true interests with Gatekeeper in a more hands on position." His voice deepens a bit and he starts to sway a bit in the air almost as if he is swimming in place. " I am a biologist by trade and have some rudimentary medical training, so I believe that is why I am on this team, but that is not for me to say for sure. Outside of that I do hope that we will be able to work together to increase our knowledge of the cosmos." He sweeps the room with three of his arms noncommittally and says,"The floor is open to anyone," and settles back into an almost comical seated position with all eight arms tucked under him in a spider-like stance.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls