Subject: [OOC] Omega 514 (Game Full) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also feel free to call me out when I fuck up the science. Promise not to Psi-Gamma you too often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
also, are Callum and Johnno joining in our pbf extravaganza?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Callum has expressed interest, but seems pretty busy at the moment, so we'll have to wait and see.

As for Jonno, I haven't heard from him in possibly years now, so I really am not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
what about Deante and Jack? should we just treat them as NPC's for now? you'll make actions for them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, if necessary. Might sideline them a bit, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Ho
msg tools
Jonno said he was interested, but I haven't heard from him since last week. I might ask him again soon.
Callum is Callum, nuff said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
I'd feel bad railroading Callum's character. It's really bad form to make his character do something he doesnt really want it to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
Prism was going to use Jack as an intermediary between himself and Muire for a while, that's not too bad right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With regards to railroading, that's how I feel as well. So usually I prefer to sideline characters until their players return, then figure out some way to reincorporate them.

As for Jack, I'm sure he'd be willing to mediate so there is more 'cohesion' in the cell. Though, if you can think of another way, might be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
depends on the outcome of my paramedics role wrt flash
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure thing. I'll get right on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you guys are interested in realtime chat for those online:
http://omega514.chatango.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the Geek Roller here goes from 01-100, rather than 00-99, I'm thinking we'll treat rolls of 100 as critical successes.

Also, Sideways could you please remind me how degrees of failure work in the blackjack method? Is that just counted down from 99?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
Aerrhead wrote:
As the Geek Roller here goes from 01-100, rather than 00-99, I'm thinking we'll treat rolls of 100 as critical successes.

Also, Sideways could you please remind me how degrees of failure work in the blackjack method? Is that just counted down from 99?

100 is a crit success is fine with me.

Wasn't blackjack the opposite of what you're describing? you want to get as close to (but not exceeding) your skill level. So for example an infosec with a skill of 50, that rolled a 32, would have 3 degrees of success.

If you exceed that roll, the extent by which you exceed said roll is degres of failure. So rolling an 80 on that infosec would be 3 degrees of failure.

I'm pretty sure that's how we were playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you're right. Rolling high is bad.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I get a bit turned around sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 951297. Aerrhead
  • 4d6l =
  • (4 + 2 + 1 + 1) =
  • Ability 1 -
  • Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:42 am
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright. So. Couple options:

Spaceflight:
I'm happy for you guys to go this route. It'll be easier because you'll have all your gear and morphs and whatever and won't have do do any number crunching. I can run Flash as a side adventure, but you still have communication (although you won't necessarily be able to help in realtime, what with 30-60 minutes of lightspeed delay at least.

Darkcast:
Putting your egos into the hands of criminals may be risky, but it's probably a reliable contract. You'll have spending money for morph and gear (around 50k credits, say), and however long you need morph rental running at say 40-60% of the morph cost.

Jailmorphs (ie, hiring and sleeving into morphs of criminals who've been chucked in simulspace prison) will be cheaper on the rental, but I'll probably saddle you with some mostly-random morph junk (implants, traits, etc). These will be both good and bad, likely. So you'll be able to buy most of what you want, provided you can get it on Mars.

Various networking things will likely be able to get you better gear and morphs. In addition, if you're buying any new gear I'll be starting to phase in manufacturer quality stuff.

Basically we can work it either way, but I'd like to know which you guys are more interested in before I work a whole marketplace up.

Definitely like to hear your thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
I'm more inclined to farcast to mars, and take the risks, if only because it gives us an opportunity to go through a procurement phase for morphs and gear, which will give everyone a chance to get reacquainted with rules/equipment etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
Aerrhead wrote:

Darkcast:
Putting your egos into the hands of criminals may be risky, but it's probably a reliable contract. You'll have spending money for morph and gear (around 50k credits, say), and however long you need morph rental running at say 40-60% of the morph cost.

So you're saying I could hirte a Daitya synth for the mission, for the stealth bonuses?

Aerrhead wrote:

Jailmorphs (ie, hiring and sleeving into morphs of criminals who've been chucked in simulspace prison) will be cheaper on the rental, but I'll probably saddle you with some mostly-random morph junk (implants, traits, etc). These will be both good and bad, likely. So you'll be able to buy most of what you want, provided you can get it on Mars.
I definitely think this will be a great opportunity for roleplaying...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahahah, you COULD go that daitya for its sweet sweet subtlety. It's gonna run you most of your budget, though.

TBH, some of the weirder morphs we may have to negotiate, or perhaps do a bit of extra IC finagling, but a Daitya for instance I could see having use on Mars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
IC, Prism is probably more interested in a Savant, but would probably settle for any Steel morph variant. He'd probably avoid biomorphs because of his known mental disorders, and because anything other than a neo-homonid just doesnt feel right. And living in a chimp-case brings back waaayyy too many bad memories.

OOC, I really want to crazily armour a 3m tall mecha, waltz slowly into a secure facility, pluck reapers out of the air and rip their limbs off with my bare hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
if anyone is looking at morphs, I've been reading this...

https://eclipse-phase.wikispaces.com/Morphs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also found the Morph recognition guide to be a pretty handy reference for morphs. Pretty sure the PDF is floating around the place.

And I'm seeing that, OOC wise, I need to set up an erasure in the near future.

Edit: Yah, that link is pretty good. Pretty much like the Recognition guide. Oh Chuck's EP Wiki. So helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
it's the character comments that really make it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
Aerrhead wrote:
I've also found the Morph recognition guide to be a pretty handy reference for morphs. Pretty sure the PDF is floating around the place.

holy shit, you weren't kidding:
https://robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Sideways
Australia
flag msg tools
A darkcast is a good idea - but i'm think that Eshu will insist on some serious memory editing of the fork he sends to Mars - his legitimate fear of Cognite is warring with his desire to fuck their shit up.

I thought Prism was a pretty good psycho-surgeon, but now that I think about it, that was Jack (Jonno's character) wasn't it?

The reason I ask is that Eshu will probably insist on some serious memory editing of the ego that gets sent to Mars, so that if Cognite gets hold if him, it won't lead to his back up or to his little bro (AJAX).

Aerrhead - is it ok if Jack returns as an NPC so I can get him to edit Eshu's mind?

IIRC that would probably end badly, because Jack was a Cognite sub-contractor, but Eshu doesn't know that....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |