Subject: [OOC] Omega 514 (Game Full) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, I thought that Jack was the face, and it was Prism that was the psychosurgeon (as a self made ex-exhuman), please confirm/deny as pleases you Pronato.

Regardless, I will find a way to get you the psychosurgery you need. (I am also bringing you a new face.)
Options (realistically) are to use Prism (if possible), Jack as an NPC (with consequences like you said... maaaybe), or to use your Crow (Hans Akerhoff), since I think I need to do some RETCON to your cell anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Sideways, what is Prism's speed (physically and mesh).

On that note, it'd be really handy if you guys could either send me a copy of your sheet, or update it on OP. I know it's a bit of a chore, but it should hopefully speed things up in the long run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
I think Prism's psychosurgery skills are not as great as Prism himself thinks they are. Which is probably the main reason Prism is, well, Prism.

IIRC Prism's Fate sheet had reasonable psychosurgery/AI programming, but his base EP sheet Prism has a much higher academic aptitude than practical aptitude for psychosurgery and AI work. I think i made him as a mad scientist type character, more than a mad engineer.

So... Prism would certainly perform the surgery for you. He would even believe he can do a good job. But there's a reason that we don't, in our modern society, say that lecturers in electrical engineering can fix the wiring in your house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
Aerrhead wrote:
Also, Sideways, what is Prism's speed (physically and mesh).

On that note, it'd be really handy if you guys could either send me a copy of your sheet, or update it on OP. I know it's a bit of a chore, but it should hopefully speed things up in the long run.

But then how could I sneakilly change things so that my character is immeasurably good in every scenario we come across?

jk. I'll look at uploading to the OP for everyone, I think there's a summary there already.

Prism's base speed is 3, INIT 7,(no bonus mental speed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
actually, looking at this sheet, I may have to rewrite my character sheet. The Singularity sheet has spat out some weird gear and upgrades, like medichines and neurochem on a synth morph.

I'll hold off til we darkcast, but yeah, I'll upload that sheet when we're on mars

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, he certainly had ME convinced!

Excellent, thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With regards to ESHU, Firewall can definitely supply some psychosurgery to fit his needs. Still working on a way to let Eshu know in character, so stay tuned.

As for gameplay on forums, still figuring things out, so this combat should provide some insight. What I think though is that there is less quick back and forth (eg you roll attack, I roll fray and tell you hit or miss, you roll damage).

So we've got a couple options to speed things up. Either you can do rolls for every contingency, eg rolling an attack, rolling damage in case that hits, rolling scatter in case that grenade misses. etc etc - OR I can do various rolls on your behalf when I post. Seems like a lot of PbF GMs (and some others) do all the number crunching for players.

I am happy to do more rolling and stuff for you guys (and more calculations etc) in the background, if you just want to tell me what you're wanting or trying to do, but I'm also more than happy for you to keep rolling and calculating. It's a balance we'll have to find, just thought I'd mention it so you can think about it and share thoughts as we go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Sideways
Australia
flag msg tools
With regards to the combat, having you do the work would probably speed things along.

Maybe do a per turn thing, so every character describes what actions they are taking in the turn, then you crunch it all, and give us the outcome.

The issue I can see here is what to do with multiple speeds - do we break all the turns down into rounds, or go with each character describing all their actions?

Speaking of which, Eshu has speed 2, init 9

In regards to the psycho-surgery, the more I think about his character (20 subjective years of psychosurgery and deep space combat simulations), there is no way in hell that Eshu would let anybody edit his mind.

Rush - He is supremely confident, however, in his programming ability (perhaps more than he should be), so with those 3 programs he wrote for himself and the one that Ajax provided, he would feel safe to Darkcast himself to Mars

Aerrhead: I've emailed you and Rush Eshu's sheet (I hope you are still using those email addresses - Phil, I don't have your email I'm afraid.)

I might update the OP with just his ego sheet - Eshu has a LOT of stuff tied up in his morph, it would take me ages to fill out the sheet.

Aerrhead: I lost that install of Singularity you sent me a few hard-drives ago - are you able to send it through to me again so I can work on Eshu's Martian morph?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
Mr_Sideways wrote:
\

Aerrhead: I lost that install of Singularity you sent me a few hard-drives ago - are you able to send it through to me again so I can work on Eshu's Martian morph?

Here's where I've stashed the one Aerro sent through last time: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzcNONGnOcxOWnNrcXpN...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
Whilst I agree that Aerro taking the lead with number crunching will speed things up, it does take away from the autonomy slightly. I'd prefer at least to say what action we're taking, and put the roll in the same comment. Then Aerro can do back end stuff and let us know the outcome.

It's really just about being invested in your actions a bit more, but it's up to everyone.

I agree that different speeds make things more difficult. We could just propose that each round happens at the same rate, and players with more than one action have to declare all three actions at the start of their turn. That makes increased speed more about being able to perform multiple simulataneous actions, rather than just being very fast.

So an example of combat might be
- Prism attempts to open a communications channel with the floating sphere AI INTERFACING (60)1d100 = (64) = 64

-He then attempts to upload his copy of the viral DDR module INFOSEC (OPPOSED) (70) 1d100 = (18) = 18

-He then attempt to move close enough to engage the sphere in melee combat with his eelware. FREERUNNING (60) 1d100 = (24) = 24

Aerro can then roll any opposed rolls, and give the results accordingly.

I kind of prefer this method because otherwise Aerro is bearing the burden of looking up everyones skills levels for every action they take, which removes the autonomy for the players a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 954564. Pronato
  • 1d100 =
  • (64) =
  • Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:30 am
  • [+]
  • 954565. Pronato
  • 1d100 =
  • (18) =
  • Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:31 am
  • [+]
  • 954566. Pronato
  • 1d100 =
  • (24) =
  • Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:32 am
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, I definitely want you to be rolling your proactive skills and actions (and it's very helpful if you have your skill rating in there). I'm more thinking about defenses such as Fray. This is my current proposal:

COMBAT PROPOSAL wrote:
1 - Initiative & round start - When I am dumping you into time critical moments, I will roll initiative for everyone and then post a turn order. People with speed 2+ will get extra turns in that order. (eg. Eshu - Flash - Flash - Triad Tough - Fractal - Eshu)

2 - During combat - Each turn, players should nominate all of the actions they want to do that turn, making appropriate rolls for said actions. (eg Eshu wants to lay down suppressing fire on the Fractal, and then get the hell out of there after its turn).

3 - Next turn - After everyone has posted, I will resolve actions in order and give you the outcomes. This may require that I roll Fray or other passive defenses for people. Then we will tick over to the next turn.

The issue I have with the above is that you can't react as quickly within the turn to what others are doing (though, I kind of like that as a 'heat of the moment' thing, but it doesn't make too much sense for high speed characters). One way to offset would be by using active Perception in one turn, your advesaries will telegraph in the next (as in, I will describe what they are intending to do, and you can plan accordingly).

I also like the idea of doing all your actions at once (gives us a more traditional everyone has a turn feel), but it will result in action clustering, which may or may not be a bad thing.

I didn't receive the sheet, but I have posted on FB about that and singularity. I may have a newer copy on me. (1.01 vs 1.0.4.0)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
Yes this is a good way to resolves this I feel. Do you already have everyones Fray?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, here is a list of things that I feel I will need to roll or reference for you, and the scores I have currently.

[c]
Character Speed Initiative Fray WIL DUR WT LUC TT
Eshu 2 +(
Flash 2 +8(+10) 90 20 40 8 40 8
Prism 3 +7 85 25 45 9 50 10

I will update these once the farcast is done.

I am also working on equipment/gear quality rule variant, on OP here: Goods and Branding

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
Aerrhead wrote:

I am also working on equipment/gear quality rule variant, on OP here: Goods and Branding

It's an interesting system, but I have issue with both higher costs and greater difficulty system. I know it makes sense in context to have exclusive brands be, well, exclusive. But then there's no real reward for good rolls without already have resources to buy better equipment, and if you have the resources but the dice are against you, you still have only average gear. Essentially you have to be both lucky and rich.

You could have a houserule variant where a critical success is treated like an excellent success for gear availability, however you're reputation/introduction was sufficient that the vendor won't charge you a markup on the better gear? so if you have an excellent success, you find a masterwork item for a regular item price? That way you still have restrictions to better gear, but there is still a reward for excellent rolls? (ie if you've got great networking, you can find the outlet shops).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Ho
msg tools
I swear, I look away from this space for one day and then BOOM, rules and discussions everywhere. (Not that I mind, it's good to see the space active!)
I'm really happy I don't have to worry about getting a new morph, since I'm still getting used to the old Flash morph and his gear...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pronato wrote:
Aerrhead wrote:

It's an interesting system, but I have issue with both higher costs and greater difficulty system. I know it makes sense in context to have exclusive brands be, well, exclusive. But then there's no real reward for good rolls without already have resources to buy better equipment, and if you have the resources but the dice are against you, you still have only average gear. Essentially you have to be both lucky and rich.

Hmmm, I propose the following edits (exact numbers are not set in stone):
Mastercrafted, good quiality, poor quality, and catastrophic items are all available on the market, for different prices. eg

Item Price compared to market

Mastercrafted 150% or greater
Good quality 120%
Poor Quality 70%
Catastrophic 50%

Reflecting that these items are exclusive. However, success on networking will provide you with good introductions or good deals, resulting in an amount of better quality gear going "on sale" for market prices.

Critical Success 1 mastercraft, 1d10/3 good quality
Excellent Success 1d10/3 good quality items
Success Regular market items
Failure 1d10/3 poor items
Spectacular failure 1 catastrophic item, 1d10/3 poor items
Critical Failure 1d10/3 catastrophic items, all others poor quality

Still happy to tweak until everyone thinks it's reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
so you're saying you can always just buy the quality you want, at full RRP (I'm assuming that's the equivalent of having your muse find a supplier).

You can instead try and use a networking roll to find cheaper retailers, but you have to take the consequences of that roll. So whilst a critical success would help you nab a masterwork item at normal market price, a critical failure would nab you a catastrophic item, at normal market price .

I think I like this variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the lower quality goods will be snuck in for regular item market price. As it stands, I can only really see myself restricting gear in extraordinary circumstances, so as long as you have the money I don't see a problem letting you buy stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all. With regards to larger posts, I may need to do die rolls and stuff on them, so they'll be "in progress", I realise though that this means you get a notification when it starts, but not one when I'm done.

As it stands, I'll either do an OOC post or a quick note here to let you know when those larger ones are done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  |