Popular Tags: PbF_started_2016 [+] [View All]
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Housekeeping First:
In-Character Thread - https://rpggeek.com/thread/1627849/ic-omega-514-game-full
Out-of-Character Threadhttps://rpggeek.com/thread/1627828/ooc-omega-514-game-full
Obsidian Portal for this Campaign:https://firewall-514.obsidianportal.com/

AJAX is humming, life support systems in full swing throughout his chromed corridors and bulkheads. A door in the ceiling irises open, allowing a grey-mottled cat to coast through on the compressed air from its sleek jetpack. Suddenly, the door snicks shut again, making the cat yowl in displeasure as it has to twist out of the way, throwing off its trajectory to one of the acceleration couches. The smart cat rights itself, then glares around the room.

NOT good to mate, birdship! One day Kat eats you.

A giant raven materialises in the local augmented reality, displaying different colours to all present, and sending a general mesh broadcast.

You should be careful who you threaten, little feline. Especially something over 350 times your own mass.

The neo-raven pauses, as if listening, and then glances towards the door.

The team is nearly back. I wonder what they found.

Both raven and cat wait in expectant silence.

Edit:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
So, currently we have Flash having claimed a pretty green in COLOR=#009933
And Eshu in a lovely COLOR=#663399
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Ho
msg tools
There is a whine heard over the mesh that resolves into a crackle not unlike an old radio. Music spreads throughout the ship, heralding the return of the one who will save us all... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmrHTdXgK4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Flash nears the conference room, a familiar voice sounds in his head.

Our intrepid hero, bloodied but unbowed, fatigued but unfaltering, returns victorious to his friends' mothership. From whence has he returned? What escapades did he embark upon? Stay tuned to find out more!

The cat flattens its ears to the noise, much to AJAX's apparent amusement. A drone floats in bearing a bulb of cool fluid and hovers expectantly to the incoming Flash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Sideways
Australia
flag msg tools
A giant raven materialises in the local augmented reality, displaying different colours to all present, and sending a general mesh broadcast:

Hi ever......

He spots AJAX's avatar.

Dammit, little brother, that's my look!

Eshu's drone body is currently floating in a lazy orbit around the planetoid.

Eshu attempts to hack Ajax's avatar, and replace it with that of goat.

Infosec 1d100 = (15) = 15

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 941280. Mr_Sideways
  • 1d100 =
  • (15) =
  • Infosec
  • Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:32 am
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AJAX Opposed Infosec 1d100 = (73) = 73

Ajax Avatar Change 1d100 = (91) = 91

Ajax ruffles his feathers smugly.

Tch. How rude, brother -

He seems about to say something else when he flickers through a moment of static and disappears. Eshu is dumped from the system, and for a fraction of a second Ajax seems completely dead. No wireless signature, no mesh presence.

Ajax flickers back into existence, now shifting black patterns on black feathers. His body shifts and shimmers, and when he is done the raven has three heads, three legs, and three eyes upon each head.

But, I suppose we should avoid confusion. Better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 941724. Aerrhead
  • 1d100 =
  • (73) =
  • AJAX Opposed Infosec
  • Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:32 am
  • [+]
  • 941732. Aerrhead
  • 1d100 =
  • (91) =
  • Ajax Avatar Change
  • Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:48 am
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A number of articles pop up, floating around the tri-raven, or playing as radio advertisements to the mesh-ignorant Flash.

I've found a couple things floating around the mesh. Why don't you take a look and see if any of them interest you?

- Chain of mysterious radiation deaths in Extropia...

- You'll never believe what they found on Echo V!

- Concerns about power failures on Hope's End experiment...

- AllLove, Inc fights back against Carnival of the Goat...

- Cognite scion absent from Phobos for several weeks now...

- Concerns about Swarmanoid firmware update...

Let me know what you'd like to look into. I'm sure I can find something to entertain you until the bosses send you out again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Sideways
Australia
flag msg tools
Spotting the C-word, Eshu immediately starts searching the mesh for anything he can find on the disappearance of the Cognite scion.

Research (skill 60) 1d100 = (80) = 80

Shit, little brother, why didn't you mention anything about Cognite immediately?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 944401. Mr_Sideways
  • 1d100 =
  • (80) =
  • Research (skill 60)
  • Sun Sep 4, 2016 1:25 am
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajax turns a trio of eyes upon Eshu.

I've been keeping tabs on it, don't worry. This is the first that it's become out of the ordinary, however.

Eshu attempted a research roll - 2 degrees of failure.

You find the referenced article with no trouble, though it seems like a tabloit rag without too much real fact to it:

Hypercorp Scion Missing?!?
Jenna Norman Diaz reporting for the Luna Mirror:

For many years most of you have known the name Halley Ampfvega Nostromo as a tagline for being wild and free. From exorbitant shopping sprees in Nectar to inflatable labia bombing runs on Shackle, she's captured the hearts and mind of followers everywhere. But when she hasn't been seen in Val Chic for more than two weeks, we start to wonder - where is our beloved Hamps?

Many dedicated followers say this was not unexpected, as Halley's social activity has seen a hit since the announcement she would be groomed to take over Gerard Ampfvega's role as Chief Overseeing Executive. However, others are saying that this is an unusual absence.

Gerard Ampfvega himself was unavailable for questioning.

Follow us here for the latest news and updates.

Up next, the Planetary Consortium wants to BAN this amazing exonutrient...

Ajax puts up a few more information points. Halley Nostromo appeared to be your regular party girl, though as the tabloid said one of Cognite's top executives recently seems to have taken an interest in her, even to the point of semi-adopting her from her previous family in a kind of long-term internship.

Usually I would say ignore it, but I've picked up some encrypted chatter from Direct Action, suggesting that a couple cardres have been activated in response to a Cognite request. Apparently laboratory reinforcements, but the timing is a little pat for that. Still working on a fine location, but initial estimates place the activations on Mars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Ho
msg tools
Flash approaches the drone, eager to wash off the sweat and grime of the last mission. He hesitates upon taking the fluid in his hands, and eyes Ajax suspiciously.

"This wouldn't be another practical joke, would it, my friend?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The realistic alien raven that presumably just teleported in regards Flash with nine innocent black eyes.

Would I do something like that?

One head starts preening under a wing. Only after Flash splashes it over his face and shoulders adding.

I think you'll find it contains the complete suite of human rehydration and revitalisation nutrients. When one imbibes it internally, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Ho
msg tools
Flash looks up, and a slight spasm of irritation flits across his face, to be quickly replaced with a grin.

"What a class act! You're really aces, Ajax."

Anyone who is keeping track on the Flash Gordon XP feed notes that a new GIF has been added to the category "LOL Flash!".

Flash looks at his wrist computer casually, but his eyes light up when he sees the article about the Cognite Scion, the title text being replaced with "DAMSEL IN DISTRESS".

"Gal in need of a rescue? Sounds like my kind of adventure! Say, Ajax, can you enhance this image for me?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Sideways
Australia
flag msg tools
Eshu stares at Flash agog.

"We most certainly are NOT going to Mars! Did you not hear what he - gestures at Ajax's avatar - just said?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChilliPhilli wrote:
Flash looks up, and a slight spasm of irritation flits across his face, to be quickly replaced with a grin...
Anyone who is keeping track on the Flash Gordon XP feed notes that a new GIF has been added to the category "LOL Flash!".
Ajax links the clip to Eshu.

I'll break him eventually. It's only a matter of time until his true self appears. I'm thinking Martian Tabasco next time. Really, though, if Nostromo has really been inducting this girl into his research then we want that ego. This could be a valuable in for us.

Meanwhile a larger picture forms on one wall of the screen. An attractive (by certain metrics, including Flash's) young woman, with blonde hair and blue eyes.
A successful Interest: Morphs/Morph Design or Profession: Morph Broker check may impart some insight into the specifics of the morph.

Flash's narrator provides some background to the article:
Cognite Corporation, cutting edge researchers of personal computers and robotic brains, one of the leaders of the Planetary Consortium - the New Federeration of Earth.

Pronato wrote:

Prism is going to send a message to Munire.
I understand you're unlikely to read this, nor do I anticipate you're likely to change your oppinion of me. I feel the need to apologise, once again, for the unconsciounable actions I thrust upon you. Since that incident it's come out into the open the issues I've had to deal with, the legacy left by those who first promoted me to this conciousness. My struggle with those impulses has been long, and will continue long into the future I'm sure. I know I can't ask for your help with dealing with my inner demons. But I want you to know that I respect and admire you, and have a hope that, in the distant future, you can come to terms with... what happened. Maybe in that day we will have the opportunity to try to repair whateve relationship we had, and our early interactions can be a distant story. Pronato previously rolled 1d100 = (1) = 1

Prism doesn't get any response from Munire. Though the message has been "seen". Knowing the strong attachments transhumans can form to particular appearances, it may be a good idea to change morphs for a while, or at least mask the current one in some way.

Prism mixes up the Collins:

- Pure Water Ice
- 59mL dry gin analogue
- 59mL lemon flavoured water with gelatin pulp
- 4.9mL sugarin
- activation codes for "Collins" narcoXP sequence:
-3 parts terror
-1 part hope
-feelings of a full belly
-a hint of exultation
-1 part heuristic mail sorting algorithm

I've enabled public dice rolls on this thread, so you should be able to add them here by clicking on "Add a Roll" in the bottom right of the post. If you could put your skill rating/name and character in the comment field it would be helpful. If you want to use a different skill, probably easier to make your own post or let me know in the OOC.

Also, Nate, if you want gold for Prism I can change Ajax's colour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
no its fine, I hadn't actually seen this thread yet. From now on Prism will speak in this colour

It has occured to me that perhaps a change of face would result in better responses from our community, considering my history. Luckily, that can be facilitated by my current sleeve. Please excuse any "awkwardness" as I transition

Prism uses the mesh to search the social network history of Munire Baris, and compiling a folder of any images or footage of her known sexual partners. RESEARCH (35)1d100 = (50) = 50
He simultaneously tries to compile a software package which will identify shared physical characteristics within a set of individuals, when input with an assorted selection of mixed media. PROGRAMMING (35)1d100 = (80) = 80
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 945841. Pronato
  • 1d100 =
  • (50) =
  • Wed Sep 7, 2016 6:18 am
  • [+]
  • 945842. Pronato
  • 1d100 =
  • (80) =
  • Wed Sep 7, 2016 6:21 am
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
critical success
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
Based on how successful the previous two rolls were going to have been

Prism starts using his shape-adjusting morph feature and skinflex module to change his physical features to closely resemble those of Munire's father, with the exception of even more exaggerated masculine characteristics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Ho
msg tools
Flash grins at Eshu, tapping one side of his nose.

"I understand your hesitation to go to Mars, my corvine friend. But worry not! Surely the people of Mars will remember when I liberated them from the cruel yoke of the Witch Queen Azura, and will be willing to render us assistance. "

He looks at the still image of Halley, and subconsciously smooths his hair back.

"What a gal, though... Did your research pull up anything else on her, Ajax? Like, um, what she looks for in a man?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prism's morph ripples, current features subsumed as it takes on the aspect of a large, blustery man that looks, even in its silver planes and curves, remarkably familiar to Flash.

For reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBhPDxszukU
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajax turns to Flash.

I'll have to do some more research if you want to know about her romantic interests. I imagine being rescued from kidnappers would go a long way to securing her affections, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
And if that fails he could always resort to Stockholm Syndrome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Sideways
Australia
flag msg tools
Look, Flash, I don't know this f-rep mammal from the Jovian Pope - but I know Gerard Ampfvega. If you think I'm risking being picked up one of his DA hit teams and sent back to the hell that spawned me, you have another thing coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
Now now, Mr Eshu, let's not be too hasty to ignore such an opportunity. I understand that you have... personal reasons... to be wary of Corporate attention. But the gratitude of a high-level Cognite executive is far too great a prize to ignore...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Ho
msg tools
Flash looks as if he is ready to argue, but his shoulders sag slightly and he puts up his hands to concede.

"I understand- you can no more change your nature than I mine. Sometimes there are things a man must do."

He goes to exit the room, but pauses briefly to turn to Prism.

"Prism, pal, that face belongs to a man that I held in high esteem. I would appreciate it if you made efforts to be your own man, rather than take of others."

Turning to leave the room he gives a lazy salute, then exits, the shiny steel doors snapping shut neatly behind him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few minutes, as the discussion is continuing

Fuck.

Ajax flashes through a broad spectrum of colours, including things not in the visible spectrum for flats.

This may be a problem. A big one.

He flashes up two video feeds simultaneously. One shows Flash slumped ignominiously slumped in a corner of his cabin, unmoving save for the gentle rise and fall of his chest. The other seems to be a rugged soil landscape, before it is occluded by a handsome blond-haired face in a respiration mask, who starts to speak to you. Ajax draws a map underneath it, a blue ping flashing in one section.

Looks like it's coming from Mars via his morph here. And... oh. Of course he is.

The blue ping has been moving slowly across the map, towards a red border marked 'Martian TQZ'.

ChilliPhilli, can you please roll 1d4, and then roll sets (of 1d10 and 1d100) equal to that number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rush Limbaugh
msg tools
Prism, not wishing to cause offense, begins adjusting his features based on the his algorhythms second most likely candidate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |