Popular Tags: [View All]
Alain
France
Saint-Jory
31 - Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Attention fellow geeks, here's a toast for new RPG Geek of the Week #339 : Dave b (Jackal2k)!

Dave B
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Jackal had the guts to make it across the mirror and boldly go where no roleplayer had gone before. Well that's not entirely true, because I was on BGG geekchat before. We had some nice discussions there.

jackal2k wrote:
Many thanks to Alain for nominating me, and hello all!

Primarily a video game person, I started with them at the age of 4, when a young and impressionable me first saw Super Mario 64 in motion. From there I was weaned on a various diet of PlayStation demos, from Crash Bandicoot to Kula World. Video gaming is a personal passion that has grown as the consoles became more powerful, the games increased in quantity, and my victories over alien forces tallied up

Not one to embrace the revolution of online gaming, a lot of my “career” has thus far consisted of single player gaming, and the odd spot of split-screen multiplayer, really only with family, in particular (up until recently), my brother, the main gamer in the household. My passion for gaming has gradually declined in the past couple of years, partially due to family circumstances and tragedy, partially because... well, modern games just don't excite me as much, sorry to say. Since late 2010, I have shifted towards being a retro gamer, and a retro gamer I hope to stay!

Ah, but I'm supposed to talk about RPGs here, aren't I? Well, my experience of RPGs is more limited than my experience with video games. My earliest RPG memories really consist of looking at the cards that came with Dragon Quest (the Hero Quest style board game, not the JRPG series), and playing about with the various figurines that came from the earlier D&D boxes. It would be a couple of years later before I would begin to develop an interest for medieval fantasy adventure, worldbuilding, and seeing a thrilling, heroic tale reach it's wonderful conclusion.

I have a number of rulebooks for different systems, and like the idea of being a seasoned RPG gamer, but alas, I lack the experience points, with only a couple of quick one-off adventures set in the realms of Vampire: The Masquerade and Star Wars (played during my schooldays) to my name. It is from a recent desire to increase my depth of knowledge and experience regarding tabletop RPGs (or at least see just one campaign come to fruition), as well as a chance encounter with the site many years ago (where I took interest in reading one of the PbFs back then) that I decided to join the 'Geek.

I'm just trying to fit in, keep up with those far more experienced with games than myself, maybe get lucky and contribute one or two things to the site, even if just to make folks laugh. Will I succeed? Can I save a tabletop RPG world from evil? Will I ever get my room tidy? Can I ever be less pessimistic? I've been with the site only about four months now, my answer remains, “only time will tell”...

Thank you those who made it this far (by reading or skimming the above). This is the Jackal, signing off. Any questions?

Poll
Two truths and a lie!
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
I have once crashed a quad bike.
7.1% 1
I have different coloured eyes.
28.6% 4
I have never completed a Legend of Zelda game.
64.3% 9
Voters 14
This poll is now closed.   14 answers
Poll created by Karkared
Closes: Sun Sep 4, 2016 6:00 am

Have a great week! Yes, my questions are :

d10-1 What universe would you like to see adapted as a RPG, if you can play more?
d10-2 If you could already be an experienced roleplayer, which pbf would you join here?
d10-3 What is the capital of Guatemala?

Read more about the RPG Geek of the Week here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!

- What's your favorite monster?
- What's your favorite beer or other drink?
- Which boardgames do you prefer?
- What's your favorite meal?
- What was the most strange character you've ever created?
- Did you participate in one of the site wide adventures? How did it go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Dave!
Have a great week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mixu Lauronen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The revolution lasted six minutes and covered one hundred and twelve meters.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Dave! Here are my customary twour questions:

1 What game is your most pleasant surprise? Why?
1 What game is your biggest disappointment? Why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Dave!

Here are my usual questions:

A Sunrise or sunset?
B Ocean or lake?
C What's the farthest place you've ever travelled to?
D If money (or nothing else for that matter) would be no object, where would you travel to?
E If you could go back in time and meet any one person you'd like to, who'd you meet and why?
F Your favourite pizza toppings?
G Any pets?
H What's the weirdest food you actually happen to love?
I What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
J What was the last film you saw? Would you recommend it?
K When buying RPGs, do you prefer dead tree or PDF?

Enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Robben
Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
flag msg tools
And here...
badge
I should really add something smart and sparkly here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Dave, enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holcomb
United States
Cadott
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Playing D&D 5e, The One Ring
badge
Running Mini Six
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Dave! Enjoy your special week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations n00b

The usual questions devil

What happened to Lister's twins?
What is the world's second worst mustache?
What is the best AND the worst thing about JRPGs?
What is the best scene in Silence of the Lambs?
What is a Scotch Egg and what is the penalty for possession?
How about for intent to distribute?

Welcome to this side of The Geek, enjoy your week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenpence nonthericher
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred M
Germany
Erkrath
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Dave!

At the moment just this question:
Which is your favorite Chrono Trigger ending?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
W-Wow! Thanks all! Day 1 of GotW and already I seem to be popular / under rapid fire questioning!

Alright, *cracks knuckles*, here we go...

Karkared

d10-1 What universe would you like to see adapted as a RPG, if you can play more?
My Answer: The universe of Skulduggery Pleasant. It has everything, guns, fighting, people slinging magic about, mud baths and chewy leaves that heal you, an organisation to work for, graphic descriptions of injuries, car chases, time and dimensional travel, the works!

d10-2If you could already be an experienced roleplayer, which pbf would you join here?
My Answer: Mm... *scratches chin* probably one of the Hourglass Realm PbFs. The idea of a full world with various interconnecting adventures, essentially the PbF equivalent of an MMO seems cool. Unfortunately I don't own any D&D 5e items, and I have a long way to go before becoming "experienced", with 1 unfinished, 1 ongoing and 1 completed PbFs to my name.

d10-3What is the capital of Guatemala?
My Answer: Guatemala. A lot of these central American countries use their country name for the capital. Panama, Panama, and Mexico City for Mexico, for example.

Barad the Dwarf

1 - What's your favorite monster?
My Answer: Real world - Honey Badger.
Fictional worlds - Mm... *scratches chin* something weak and pathetic, I think. A Kobold or a Kappa, perhaps. I'd suggest Undead Priest if it weren't so humorously oxymoronic.

2 - What's your favorite beer or other drink?
My Answer: Alcoholic or Beer based - Ginger beer. Crabbies generally.
Non-Alcoholic - Probably Oasis. No, definitely maybe Oasis!

3 - Which boardgames do you prefer?
My Answer: Erm... board games that aren't overly complex, and do have a fair balance of skill and chance, honestly, I don't think I have that much of a preference. Though I do like board games based on TV shows.

4 - What's your favorite meal?
My Answer: CHICKEN!!! Really, just something, anything to do with Chicken, wow, they're ridiculously delicious! Or failing that, pizza.

5 - What was the most strange character you've ever created?
My Answer: I don't think I've ever really created a character that strange. Strangest I can think of, was suggesting early on in a PbF to make a half snake Zorro-style figure struggling to live up to the ideal. Largely because this was an identity he took from a dead person.

6 - Did you participate in one of the site wide adventures? How did it go?
My Answer: Um... I could be wrong, but... I don't think I've yet participated on a "site wide adventure". Sorry!

Mixula

1 What game is your most pleasant surprise? Why?
My Answer: RoadKill (OK, so it's a video game, so I'm kinda cheating here, I'm sorry). I got it last Christmas, didn't think it would be much good, but was pleasantly surprised to be actually enjoying it, even if I was just running people down to increase my reputation.

My Answer: Now, this I can answer based around RPGs! One schoolday lunchtime session of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game I was in charge of a squad of Clone Troopers, to accomplish a sabotage mission, I think.

Not much fun to be had realising you have zero leadership and authority skills (a brick is Napoleon compared to me), and having your every decision questioned. Seriously, I just seem to anger or annoy everyone when I'm meant to take charge of something! soblue

Kattvippa

A Sunrise or sunset?
My Answer: Oh, sunrise, definitely. Nothing beats waking (or staying) up to see the morning dawn, on what will be a lazy day or day off, to know the Earth turns for another day, and for peace and quiet to actually get its turn. Everyone else is still asleep, I'm the only one awake, it's just me, relative quietness, and whatever game I'm probably playing at the time!

B Ocean or lake?
My Answer: I think I like the connotations and pronunciation of Ocean more, but for activities or travel, I think I'd prefer a Lake to an Ocean. Or should I say, Loch?

C What's the farthest place you've ever travelled to?
My Answer: Fiction - Alternate dimensions.
Real Life(TM) - Dunoon, I think, for a family holiday. It's a town in the west of Scotland, you have to get a ferry over and back. Did you know I've never left Scotland? I don't even have a passport!

D If money (or nothing else for that matter) would be no object, where would you travel to?
My Answer: A world better than this cesspit of suffering and despair. Oh, it's nice to know the Earth turns for another day, but then I remember the bad things that happen to people, to civilisations, and the hardships people across the world endure, and I get miserable. Sod this world, there's a better (likely fictional) one out there, surely?

...Or for a less whiny, real world answer... I'll say Boston, partially because I like the name, partially because it's an American city that isn't New York.

E If you could go back in time and meet any one person you'd like to, who'd you meet and why?
My Answer: Easy, Theodore Roosevelt, if only to find out whether he really was just that awesome.

F Your favourite pizza toppings?
My Answer: Plain Margherita. Just the mozzarella and tomato will do me fine, thanks, no toppings necessary! That said, I do sometimes like pepperoni on my pizza. And (this is a weird one), there's a kind of "Hot Dog Pizza" I like, essentially a Margherita with bits of sausage on top, even though I don't care for hot dogs. Go figure.

G Any pets?
My Answer: Three goldfish. They died years ago. One lived to be 11, which I want to believe is a really, really long time for goldfish.

H What's the weirdest food you actually happen to love?
My Answer: See F.

I What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
My Answer: I believe it was Kingdom of the Wicked, the seventh Skulduggery Pleasant book. I liked it, but for some reason I've kinda went off the series now, I really don't know why. I'd still like to see a Skulduggery Pleasant RPG of some sorts, though.

J What was the last film you saw? Would you recommend it?
My Answer: I had "Don't Say a Word" on the TV whilst I typed up my answers. It was alright, critics were probably just being harsh. Although embarrassingly as a result of that film, I'm now the only person in the history of the Human race to have confused Michael Douglas with Christopher Walken. shake I don't know how I do it.

K When buying RPGs, do you prefer dead tree or PDF?
My Answer: Years ago, would have been dead tree. Now, PDFs. No particular reason, just computers have become more prominent in my life as I've grown older, and PDFs are easier to store.

rebuscarnival

1 - What happened to Lister's twins?
My Answer:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Red Dwarf crew visited an alternate, gender bender dimension at the end of Series 2. Lister got pregnant from his female self (the human body functions differently in that universe), returned to the normal universe, had twins Jim and Bexley (named after Jim Bexley Speed) (as photographed by what would then become past Lister at the end of Series 1 episode "Future Echoes"). There was supposed to be an episode showing Lister trying to be a dad, never made (apparently it wouldn't have been all that funny, probably offensive too). According to the Series 3 intro, the twins, having been brought up outside their normal universe, were rapidly aging, to the point there was major concern from Lister. So the Red Dwarf crew returned to the alternative universe, and the twins were given to and brought up by female Lister (who technically is their dad, just to really confuse things, their "mother" is a man who is technically his own dad and son at the same time). After that, who knows? Although didn't one of the twins die in an explosion aboard the normal Red Dwarf (as referenced to in "Future Echoes")? I'll assume the other went on to many great and wonderful adventures across time and space.

Does that answer the question?

2 - What is the world's second worst moustache?
My Answer: My own. Friedrich Nietzsche has the world's best.

3 - What is the best AND the worst thing about JRPGs?
My Answer: The amount of time you have to put into them.

4 - What is the best scene in Silence of the Lambs?
My Answer: Never seen it, I'm afraid. I'll just suggest the gunfight at the end (there must have been one, surely?).

5 - What is a Scotch Egg and what is the penalty for possession?
Wikipedia's Answer: "A hard-boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat, coated in bread crumbs and baked or deep-fried."
My Answer: What the above said. The penalty for possession? Aren't you thinking of Haggis, (unfairly) banned in North America because of the presence of lung in the meat, supposedly unsafe to eat? I've ate Haggis before, and I turned out alr... ack! Aack! *collapses to the floor choking*

6 - How about for intent to distribute?
My Answer: What, scotch eggs? Ah, now that's a crime. It used to be punished with stoning by stale donuts, until the "Freedom for Donuts" pressure group successfully forced the law to change in 1972. Now, you just get 10-20 years in prison instead, and a £500 fine.

Surpise last minute question from derf_red!

Which is your favorite Chrono Trigger ending?
My Answer: The canon ending. I love a happy ending! I've only ever gotten two endings to Chrono Trigger: one where "The Prophet" was still yet to play his hand; and what I believe to be the canon ending,
Spoiler (click to reveal)
except I never saw Crono's mum fall into one of the time portals. Instead it was a touching balloon ride for Crono and Marle.

There we go! It's been fun, y'all, but until next time, I'm off to bed. This is the Jackal, signing off.

Next time, on GotW: Barad the Dwarf poses a question so difficult, it takes the Jackal two weeks to answer; derf_red and Kattvippa ally to combat "Videogate", the mounting 'Geek conspiracy; and a surprise guest appearance from Evil Bob!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmbmbmb

Congrats, Dave. Enjoy your week on the throne!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Harmless
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Do you have a favourite personality/role you like to play in RPGs?

Most played RPG?

What was your longest ever session?

What two RPGs do you think would make the awesomest (or silliest) mashup?

Enjoy your week!

God bless,
Kezle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
Grats Dave!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jackal2k wrote:
2 - What's your favorite beer or other drink?
My Answer: Alcoholic or Beer based - Ginger beer. Crabbies generally.
Non-Alcoholic - Probably Oasis. No, definitely maybe Oasis!

Noel more Oasis jokes!shake

Also I think the question I meant to ask is Why is the Scotch Egg...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratuoations, Dave, enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain
France
Saint-Jory
31 - Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jackal2k wrote:
d10-3What is the capital of Guatemala?
My Answer: Guatemala. A lot of these central American countries use their country name for the capital. Panama, Panama, and Mexico City for Mexico, for example.

Good. Thou may pass the Bridge of Death.

Jackal2k wrote:
My Answer: Now, this I can answer based around RPGs! One schoolday lunchtime session of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game I was in charge of a squad of Clone Troopers, to accomplish a sabotage mission, I think.

Not much fun to be had realising you have zero leadership and authority skills (a brick is Napoleon compared to me), and having your every decision questioned. Seriously, I just seem to anger or annoy everyone when I'm meant to take charge of something! soblue

We can start a club. I was a Rebel officer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain
France
Saint-Jory
31 - Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jackal2k wrote:

My Answer: Never seen it, I'm afraid. I'll just suggest the gunfight at the end (there must have been one, surely?).

SotL is one of the few movies where police officers almost do not shoot once...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mighty Gratz Dave!

d10-1 Do you use music while roleplaying ?
d10-2A If yes, just as play-along in the background or selected especially for the scene ?
d10-2B If no, why not ?
d10-3 When it comes to game prep, what do you prefer: Some keywords for every scene/npc/whatever or a whole paragraph of information ?
d10-4 Open or concealed dice rolls ?
d10-5 Urban or rural ?
d10-6 Cat or dog ?
d10-7 How many dice do you own ?
d10-8 What sport do you take exercises in ?
d10-9 Did you try Play by Video (PbV, Hangouts...) ?
d10-0 What's your favorite LEGO theme ?

And in memoriam to Steven Heinrich some more questions:
d10-1d10-1 Do you dance ?
d10-1d10-2 Do you dance like nobodies watching ?
d10-1d10-3 What type of music do you listen to ?
d10-1d10-4 What's your favorite group ?
d10-1d10-5 What's your favorite song ?

Have an awesome week !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karkared wrote:
Jackal2k wrote:

SotL is one of the few movies where police officers almost do not shoot once...

Aw, what?

...You see, this is what happens when you watch too many action adventures. And here I thought SotL contained gunfights. Next I'll be spouting gibberish that Bob the Builder contains gunfights. shake

Karkared wrote:
We can start a club. I was a Rebel officer.

The Star Wars Good Guys Commanding Officers Anonymous Club, or SWGGCOAC for short! Legally pronounced as Swig Coke.

Anyway...

Kezle

1 - Do you have a favourite personality/role you like to play in RPGs?
My Answer: Assassins, it would seem. I'm basically playing one in one of the PbFs here, and one of the earlier Star Wars RPG sessions, I'd created some bounty hunter who shot someone. And then in Skyrim, my favourite character was a thief who took foes out with bow and arrow. Strange, because I thought I would prefer to be the fighter of the team, some troubled hero who nevertheless possesses a good moral compass.

2 - Most played RPG?
My Answer: Skyr- oh, you mean tabletop RPGs? Probably still the Star Wars RPG, with two or three lunchtime sessions of that to my name!

3 - What was your longest ever session?
My Answer: A game of Cluedo that took five hours!
No, but in all seriousness, I played a game of Warrior Knights with relatives about a year ago. Took about a week, fourteen hours total playtime, or thereabouts.

4 - What two RPGs do you think would make the awesomest (or silliest) mashup?
My Answer: Mouse Guard and Judge Dredd the Role-Playing Game (Games Workshop)!

fastfox

d10-1 Do you use music while roleplaying?
My Answer: Video games - Well, these games do come with soundtracks... it would be a shame for those to go to waste...
Tabletop games - I like the idea, but haven't put it into practice yet.

d10-2A If yes, just as play-along in the background or selected especially for the scene?
My Answer: Elder Scrolls games - Play-along in the background.
Other video games - Selected for the scene.

d10-2B If no, why not?
My Answer: *shrugs* I forget about the idea, I haven't really found a way to make it work yet...

d10-3 When it comes to game prep, what do you prefer: Some keywords for every scene/npc/whatever or a whole paragraph of information?
My Answer: Paragraphs. Paragraphs all the way. I like to know the details, I guess.

d10-4 Open or concealed dice rolls?
My Answer: Open.

d10-5 Urban or rural?
My Answer: Mm... *scratches chin* I actually think rural. I don't know, urban is busier, dirtier, noisier, and contains more Human beings. Rural is quieter, more serene, and AFAIK I seem to be... more at home in smaller communities.

d10-6 Cat or dog?
My Answer: Dog! Both are considered True Neutral according to D&D, but dogs seem to be a little more obedient and focused towards the common good, whereas cats... they just look devious, don't they? Just as well they don't have opposable thumbs, they might try and plot our downfall. Actually, they might ally with the dolphins to do so, then wage war on the dolphins to acquire their stashes of tuna.

d10-7 How many dice do you own?
My Answer: No. of Dice 64d120 = (79 + 41 + 101 + 5 + 101 + 23 + 114 + 52 + 97 + 97 + 33 + 45 + 59 + 23 + 41 + 2 + 71 + 19 + 118 + 45 + 73 + 18 + 45 + 4 + 33 + 40 + 115 + 28 + 73 + 118 + 97 + 17 + 26 + 58 + 27 + 12 + 90 + 51 + 117 + 40 + 107 + 53 + 29 + 10 + 20 + 46 + 12 + 81 + more...) = 3609

d10-8 What sport do you take exercises in?
My Answer: Surfing (the web). I'm terribly lazy!

d10-9 Did you try Play by Video (PbV, Hangouts...)?
My Answer: Nope. I'm still trying to get the hang of PbFs!

d10-0 What's your favourite LEGO theme?
My Answer: *scratches chin* Batman, I think. Although I yearn to just have... LEGO. None of these pre-assembled kits and things, just gimme LEGO bricks!!!

Steven Heinrich Memoriam

d10-1d10-1 Do you dance?
My Answer: Sometimes! Well, I mean, was it not James Brown himself who suggested "The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing"?

d10-1d10-2 Do you dance like nobodies watching?
My Answer: Yep. When nobody is watching.

d10-1d10-3 What type of music do you listen to?
My Answer:

...and old video game soundtracks.

d10-1d10-4 What's your favourite group?
My Answer Erm... I don't actually have a favourite band. It's between:

Metallica
Megadeth
Anthrax
Slayer
Iron Maiden
Pantera
Motörhead
and of course, Black Sabbath.

But then I also like a bit of Judas Priest, Trivium, Mastodon and Slipknot as well.

d10-1d10-5 What's your favourite song?
My Answer: Metal - Tricky one. Probably "Hangar 18" or "Take No Prisoners" by Megadeth.
Non Metal - Gotta be "Geek Stink Breath" by Green Day.
Video Game soundtracks - *scratches chin* There are so many good tunes! I'll suggest the main theme of Chrono Trigger. Yasunori Mitsuda and his wife are badass.

Well, that's that! Hope someone's learned something (and hope nobody's been offended!).

Keep metal, folks! This is the Jackal, signing off.

Next time, on GotW: A PbF flame war related to "Videogate" results in twelve Geeks being suspended; Everyone on BGG mysteriously gets six Citizenship stars; and the Jackal attempts to rob a bank, using a water pistol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 941310. Jackal2k
  • 64d120 =
  • (79 + 41 + 101 + 5 + 101 + 23 + 114 + 52 + 97 + 97 + 33 + 45 + 59 + 23 + 41 + 2 + 71 + 19 + 118 + 45 + 73 + 18 + 45 + 4 + 33 + 40 + 115 + 28 + 73 + 118 + 97 + 17 + 26 + 58 + 27 + 12 + 90 + 51 + 117 + 40 + 107 + 53 + 29 + 10 + 20 + 46 + 12 + 81 + more...) =
  • No. of Dice
  • Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:23 pm
Kai S.
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Drama Llama Roleplaying Society
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Dave, enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
sometimes i think people let me win just so they can hear my lengthy victory speeches
mb
congrats jackal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 941352. BlinkyJOH
  • 64d120 =
  • (77 + 91 + 97 + 35 + 110 + 16 + 103 + 42 + 76 + 52 + 71 + 79 + 8 + 70 + 67 + 65 + 54 + 93 + 5 + 93 + 51 + 77 + 66 + 33 + 102 + 44 + 109 + 30 + 116 + 105 + 63 + 15 + 79 + 104 + 48 + 35 + 111 + 52 + 60 + 51 + 57 + 68 + 108 + 11 + 104 + 67 + 7 + 9 + more...) =
  • Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:28 pm
Quaid
United States
flag msg tools
designer
There are great things afoot.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Dave!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
'cause life is just a dream here; You know inside you feel right at home here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Dave on being Geek of the Week

d10-1 Bucket of dice or minimal dice?

d10-2 What is your most used RPG book?

d10-3 What is your most prized RPG possession?

d10-4 If you could visit any RPG world for real which would it be?

d10-5 If you could own for real one item off one of your player character's character Sheets, what would it be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Ugavine

d10-1 Bucket of dice or minimal dice?
My Answer: Bucket of dice. Definitely. The more the merrier.

d10-2 What is your most used RPG book?
My Answer: Erm... does the Paizo Pathfinder Reference Document count? Otherwise, probably the Player's Handbook or Dungeon Master's Guide from D&D 3.5, on the basis they're the ones I've probably looked at the most.

d10-3 What is your most prized RPG possession?
My Answer: The Red Cap from FF6- oh, you mean real world possession? I'd say my copy of the Judge Dredd Companion. First RPG book I can recall taking an interest in, got it as a gift from the parents, for... some reason. My interest in Judge Dredd, I should imagine.

d10-4 If you could visit any RPG world for real which would it be?
My Answer: The world of Chrono Trigger, 1000 AD, after all the quests have been completed and the world's been turned into a real nice place, before the events of Radical Dreamers and Chrono Cross.

d10-5 If you could own for real one item off one of your player character's character Sheets, what would it be?
My Answer: I haven't actually gotten far enough in any tabletop RPG to create a character with any worthwhile items! Well, the bounty hunter I created in an earlier session of Star Wars had some sort of blaster, I'll choose that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |