< retcon/ >
Fiend Folio
Dread
Dragonlance Adventures
Supernatural Role Playing Game
Twin Crowns: Age of Exploration Fantasy
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Baker Street: Roleplaying in the World of Sherlock Holmes
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Boxed Set (Second Edition)
I Wasn't Always...
Found Folio Volume 1
Unearthed Arcana
Nobilis (2nd edition)
Realm of Chaos: The Lost and the Damned
Masks of Nyarlathotep (3rd & 4th edition)
Mythic Game Master Emulator
Lady Blackbird
Death Frost Doom
Diaspora
Stonehell Dungeon: Down Night-Haunted Halls
Marvel Heroic Roleplaying: Basic Game
The Monolith from Beyond Space and Time
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
The Quiet Year
Urban Shadows
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
A Red & Pleasant Land
Star Wars: Force and Destiny Core Rulebook
HW001: Hexenreigen
Aventurischer Almanach
Symbaroum Core Rulebook
HW002: Ein Goblin mehr oder weniger
HW003: Die gehäutete Schlange
HW004: Kibakadabra
Star Trek Adventures Core Book
HW005: Die Thorwalertrommel
HW006: Kaiser der Diebe
Tales from the Yawning Portal
Symbaroum Advanced Player's Guide
Alien Archive
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion» Forums » Sessions

Subject: The Force Unknown - Part 5 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Booooooooo!
mbmbmbmbmb

Episode III
The Force Unknown
Part 5

a Club Squirrel adventure

Player-Characters (the Squirrels)
Elam-Darr – Corellian pilot
Spanners – Rodian tech
R4-G1 – R4 astromech droid

Non-Player-Characters
Quick – Rebel Commando
Neemo – Sullustan pilot and Rebel agent
Rebel Commando’s

Emperor Palpatine
Royal Guard
Ice Witch Nightsisters

Kuras IV is an ice world with extreme weather. The Last Archangel circles the Imperial facility but all scanners are jammed. The Squirrels decide to just fly in…

KaaaaBOOOOOM!!! The Last Archangel flies right into an energy field protecting the facility. The ship bounces off the shield and spins out of control before crashing a mile away from the facility. The ship is wrecked! Fortunately all the crew survive with just a few bumps.

Quick organises the commando’s to gather what they can from the ship, the only option is to trek over to the Imperial facility and hope there is a ship. In stripping the ship Spanners finds a wooden box wrapped in a cloth. Opening the box Spanners discovers a holo-crystal, activating it he discovers it is the deed to a planet, the planet Quagmire XIII, and it auto registers Spanners as the owner.

With no time to dwell on the planet for now the Squirrels along with Quick and his Commandos head towards the Imperial facility, but it is a slow trek. The ice winds and icy terrain make it a slow trek.

At the base of the Imperial facility the Squirrels find a blast door to a vehicle bay which R4 easily opens. Lights are off, the bay is deserted other than several parked vehicles. As they enter they trigger sensors, the lights come on and an Imperial Protocol droid approaches. The droid knows little but the Squirrels learn that there is someone in the Citadel in the higher levels.

Overriding the security the Squirrels take the turbolift up to the Citadel. The Citadel is a wide corridor circling a large secure room. The group are soon confronted by an aged woman, one of the Ice Witches whose purpose is to suppress the powers of Sonorous. After giving her clichéd speech about how she cannot be defeated Elam just tosses a grenade at her causing her to run screaming. Moving around the Citadel they find more Ice Witches, but they are cowering and cackling that “it is too late.” Then a blast door to the inner room opens and out steps a ten year old boy wearing a blanket like a cape.
“Sonorous?” says Elam, “I am your father.”
“Yes,” says the boy. Then he looks at the opposite blast door and says, “He is here.”
Elam, R4, Sonorous and Pinack exit the Citadel onto a catwalk that stretches out to a landing platform. An Imperial Lambda Class shuttle lands, the ramp lowers and several red clad Royal Guard exit, followed by a hunched cloaked figure walking with the aid of a stick. He stops short of Elam and Sonorous, “Do you not bow before your EMPEROR.”

There is an exchange of words. Spanners, Quick and the rest of the commandos remain inside the Citadel, too afraid to confront the Emperor.

“Give me the boy,” says the Emperor, “and I will give you any sector in the galaxy to rule as your own.” *

Elam refuses.

“So be in Rebel, then you. Will. Die…” Elam goes to toss a grenade but the Emperor responds with Force Lightening!
But before the lightening hits Sonorous shouts, “NO!” and unleashed a Force Blast so powerful not even the Emperor himself can resist. The Emperor and his guards are hurled backwards and off the gantry. One of the Royal Guard fires a grappling hook, swings and catches the Emperor, swinging him to safety on a lower level. “Thank you, Kir Kanos,” says an angry Emperor.

“GO!” shouts Elam as all the Rebels run for the Imperial shuttle. Easily overpowering the pilots they take the shuttle and blast off.

In hyperspace…Elam Darr, Spanners and R4 are with Sonorous and Delta.
“I am a weapon,” says Sonorous. Elam can only nod.
“Then there is only one option…”

Lying on the floor is a small human boy, no more than ten years old, a blaster burn in the boys chest, and Elam Darr is holding a smoking blaster. The boy smiles, closes his eyes and fades into nothing.** The Squirrels have no idea who he was and Elam Darr has no memory of firing his blaster…

* GM note – The Emperor had no intention of honouring this offer.
**GM note – Delta is also gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great read.

I really like how you took so many classic SW lines and devices, and remixed them into something completely new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Booooooooo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutys_Fist wrote:
Great read.

I really like how you took so many classic SW lines and devices, and remixed them into something completely new.

Many thanks.

Going to have to give the brain cells a bit of a rest though, so the next episode will be the classic Strike Force: Shantipole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, reading back from the whole series, you planned the ending 5 session ago, right?

How'd you manage to steer the players to get there? Especially with Palpatine's offer. What would have happened had the players taken him up on it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Booooooooo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I worked backwards when planning this adventure. I always wanted that confrontation with the Emperor. And Sonorous, while has echoes of Anakin, was more based on Akira.

Getting the players to want to do something was actually the tough bit in this adventure. They were pretty spooked by the deserted city and did not want to go anywhere near it. Hence I had the Rebel Commander Quick pretty much do everything but order them to go, used a bit of "But you know the planet now," "We need you," and "But Delta was YOUR friend."

I had Quick and the commandos go with the PCs so as to force them to not take their usual Y-wing fighter, they had to take a freighter.

What if the PCs had taken up Palpatines offer? Well we've already done an Imperial campaign with defecting Rebels many years ago, and I didn't want to do that again. So basically the Emperor would have gone to kill the PCs anyway and I'd have had Sonorous still save them. Bit of a kop out, but hey, don't trust evil.

Knowing my group I've got used to having a backup plot device.

It's actually something new GMs can get wrong, I know I used to. The bad guy is planning to blow up the planet, as GM you have to be prepared for the PCs to fail, and blow up the planet. There should be consequences for failure and I don't think the GM should kop out of having the bad guy go through with his plan, if he can. The GM should just know where the PCs will fall should they fail, and it should not always be death.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.