The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Space Opera
Vaginas Are Magic!
Perseverant
Starfinder First Contact
Drinking Quest Trilogy Edition
Cthulhu Confidential Core Rulebook
SOLO: Solo RPG Campaigns for the Cepheus Engine
Princess Pillowfighter
RuneQuest Quickstart Rules and Adventure
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set
Dungeon Crawl Classics Quickstart Rules and Adventure
The Pit of Kutallu
Apartment 11A
The Adventurer's Almanac
Houses of the Blooded
Empire of the Petal Throne
Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game
Mutant Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Tales from the Yawning Portal
Rules Compendium
HYBRID
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Baker Street: Roleplaying in the World of Sherlock Holmes
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
No Thank You, Evil!
Symbaroum Core Rulebook
Epyllion
DnD 5e Condition Cards
Stellar Adventures
H1: Keep on the Shadowfell
The Mountain Witch
The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Masks of Nyarlathotep (3rd & 4th edition)
Beyond the Mountains of Madness
GAZ1: The Grand Duchy of Karameikos
Black9 Ops
Diaspora
Dark Sun Campaign Setting
Hammerfast: A Dwarven Outpost Adventure Site
Hyperlite: The Sirius Treaty (UNE Edition)
Vornheim: The Complete City Kit
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
The Slumbering Tsar Saga (Pathfinder Version)
Dungeon World Roleplaying Game
Dune RULBUK
Aokigahara
Fafnir's Treasure (2nd Edition)
Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok: Core Rulebook (2nd Edition)
Blades in the Dark
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Colymar Campaign 2 - HeroQuest Glorantha
Part Three


The IC Game
[IC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth clan
[IC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - part 2
[IC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - part 3
[IC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - part 4
[IC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - part 5
[IC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - part 6

[IC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - sidebars

The OOC Threads
[OOC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - Part 1
[OOC] HeroQuest Glorantha - The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - Part 2

The Supporting Material
Quick reference for campaign background material: Orlmarth Background
Quick character reference: Orlmarth Characters

Welcome to Sartar, the Kingdom of Heroes.

Your heroes are members of the Orlmarth clan in Dragon Pass struggling against the oppressive magical might of the Lunar Empire.
It is the time of the Hero Wars!

Our Current Players:
Mark Winnington
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Nicholls
United Kingdom
Norfolk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dougie Punk
United Kingdom
flag msg tools

Daren Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andreas Deicke
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Paul W
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Dawson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools


Our Prior Players:
Gorwen Finarfin
United States
Lemon Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
End of Session 5

With the arrival in Jonstown and settling into the inn, it's the End of Session 5! meeple

With the exception of Beorht, who continues on his own for the moment.

All
For 1HP, you have the option to cement the following relationship: Friendship with Lysangi Thane Orldag

Aren
Choose one of the following:
Add: Resist Moon Scrying either as new ability at 13 OR as breakout under Fire Rune at +1
OR
Increase: Lightning Spear by +1

2 HP used; you may apply remaining 1 HP as you wish

Sarotar
0 HP used; you may apply remaining 3 HP as you wish

Gavran
0 HP used; you may apply remaining 3 HP as you wish

Garnath
NOTE: 1 HP used to cement relationship with the dark demon !Palvath in session
Choose one of the following:
Increase: Know the Dark Trails by +1
OR
Increase: Friend of Darkness by +1

2 HP used; you may apply remaining 1 HP as you wish

Dyrrkind
Choose one of the following:
Increase: Howling Wolf Combat Training by +1
OR
Increase: Thunder's Voice by +1

2 HP used; you may apply remaining 1 HP as you wish

Harrik
0 HP used; you may apply remaining 3 HP as you wish

With the conclusion of 5 sessions, it's time to raise the base level for difficulties! devil
Low difficulty = 9
Moderate difficulty = 15
Hard difficulty = 1W
Quite Hard difficulty = 7W
Very Hard difficulty = 15W
Nearly Impossible = 15W2
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winnington
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jajagappa wrote:
Aren
Choose one of the following:
Add: Resist Moon Scrying either as new ability at 13 OR as breakout under Fire Rune at +1
OR
Increase: Lightning Spear by +1

2 HP used; you may apply remaining 1 HP as you wish

I'll go with:
Lightning Spear +1 (Making it +2)
“See what lies below the surface” +1 (for a +2)

Jajagappa wrote:

Sarotar
0 HP used; you may apply remaining 3 HP as you wish
I'll go with:

Water +1 (2 points, for a total of 2W)
Club-fighter +1 (for a total of +3)

Jajagappa wrote:

With the conclusion of 5 sessions, it's time to raise the base level for difficulties! devil
surprise
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorwen Finarfin
United States
Lemon Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jajagappa wrote:
End of Session 5

Dyrrkind
Choose one of the following:
Increase: Howling Wolf Combat Training by +1
OR
Increase: Thunder's Voice by +1

2 HP used; you may apply remaining 1 HP as you wish


Dyrrkind will pick Howling Wolf Combat Training by +1
and
Use 1 HP to increase "Perceive Hidden Winds" by +1 to total +2


Jajagappa wrote:

Harrik
0 HP used; you may apply remaining 3 HP as you wish


1 HP Thinking new Breakout from skill like "create dust storm" - like he did in the last battle.
1 HP Increase Turn arrow by +1 (since he used that)
?Maybe some special connection to "Lhankor Mhy" after the otherworld battle?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
etighe wrote:

Dyrrkind will pick Howling Wolf Combat Training by +1
and
Use 1 HP to increase "Perceive Hidden Winds" by +1 to total +2


Sounds good.

etighe wrote:

1 HP Thinking new Breakout from skill like "create dust storm" - like he did in the last battle.
1 HP Increase Turn arrow by +1 (since he used that)
?Maybe some special connection to "Lhankor Mhy" after the otherworld battle?


Why don't you call it "Create Dust Devil"? - it's not a full storm, but he can stir up enough to impede a small group.

Increase Turn arrow by +1 - that works.

On the last, how about one of these:
See through the Fog of Ignorance (Truth rune related)
Recognize the Ivory Tower of Knowledge (Truth rune related)
Key to Aid at the Temple of Knowledge (either as separate ability or under the Community: Jonstown Temple relationship keyword)

Or, if you have another thought, feel free to note.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorwen Finarfin
United States
Lemon Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jajagappa wrote:
etighe wrote:

Dyrrkind will pick Howling Wolf Combat Training by +1
and
Use 1 HP to increase "Perceive Hidden Winds" by +1 to total +2


Sounds good.

etighe wrote:

1 HP Thinking new Breakout from skill like "create dust storm" - like he did in the last battle.
1 HP Increase Turn arrow by +1 (since he used that)
?Maybe some special connection to "Lhankor Mhy" after the otherworld battle?


Why don't you call it "Create Dust Devil"? - it's not a full storm, but he can stir up enough to impede a small group.

Increase Turn arrow by +1 - that works.

On the last, how about one of these:
See through the Fog of Ignorance (Truth rune related)
Recognize the Ivory Tower of Knowledge (Truth rune related)
Key to Aid at the Temple of Knowledge (either as separate ability or under the Community: Jonstown Temple relationship keyword)

Or, if you have another thought, feel free to note.


Yeah Dust Devil works

So:
Air Rune
New Breakout "Create Dust Devil" +1
Enhance breakout "Turn Arrow +1" to +2

Community:
Jonstown Temple
New Breakout "Key to Temple of Knowledge"

Work?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daren Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jajagappa wrote:

Garnath
NOTE: 1 HP used to cement relationship with the dark demon !Palvath in session
Choose one of the following:
Increase: Know the Dark Trails by +1
OR
Increase: Friend of Darkness by +1

2 HP used; you may apply remaining 1 HP as you wish


I'll go for Increase: Friend of Darkness by +1

How about Pathfinder as a new breakout from Movement?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RuneMagus wrote:

I'll go for Increase: Friend of Darkness by +1

How about Pathfinder as a new breakout from Movement?


Works for me. cool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
etighe wrote:

Yeah Dust Devil works

So:
Air Rune
New Breakout "Create Dust Devil" +1
Enhance breakout "Turn Arrow +1" to +2

Community:
Jonstown Temple
New Breakout "Key to Temple of Knowledge"

Work?


That works! cool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beorht - End of Session 5

With the arrival in Jonstown and settling into Geo's Inn, it's the End of Session 5 for Beorht! meeple

Beorht has already gained the following:
Call the Lightning Spear 13
Call the Mouse Horde 13

Choose one of the following:
Add: Relationship to Kin of Jenyr Lightning either as new ability at 13 OR as breakout under Orlmarth Clan at +1
OR
Increase: Proud of My Ancestors by +1
OR
Increase: Sprint as breakout under Movement Rune by +1

all 3 HP used
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Nicholls
United Kingdom
Norfolk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jajagappa wrote:


Choose one of the following:
Add: Relationship to Kin of Jenyr Lightning either as new ability at 13 OR as breakout under Orlmarth Clan at +1
OR
Increase: Proud of My Ancestors by +1
OR
Increase: Sprint as breakout under Movement Rune by +1

all 3 HP used


I will take Relationship to Kin of Jenyr Lightning as a breakout under Orlmarth Clan at +1

Can I say, it was a close squeak?

Glad to have made it out, thanks.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philmagpie wrote:

I will take Relationship to Kin of Jenyr Lightning as a breakout under Orlmarth Clan at +1

Can I say, it was a close squeak?

Glad to have made it out, thanks.


Sounds good!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a reminder since we're getting Session 6 underway, all heroes are at 3HP once again. meeple
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winnington
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys, have been going really slow lately: I was off getting married last WE. modest I hadn't even imagined how much energy that would end up using... Still in recovery. The wedding was great, and even sunny! I'll be picking up the threads over the next few days.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geburah wrote:
Sorry guys, have been going really slow lately: I was off getting married last WE. modest I hadn't even imagined how much energy that would end up using... Still in recovery. The wedding was great, and even sunny! I'll be picking up the threads over the next few days.


Congratulations!
And glad everything went well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Nicholls
United Kingdom
Norfolk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am struggling with my laptop here at the moment. My old one, with all the data, is broken. After several days, I finally ordered a new laptop, but I am yet to have my old data transferred.

So, I am back online, but I cannot currently access my character sheet. It is good to be back online, but I still have a lot of work ahead of me.

All the best
Phil
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philmagpie wrote:

I am struggling with my laptop here at the moment. My old one, with all the data, is broken. After several days, I finally ordered a new laptop, but I am yet to have my old data transferred.

So, I am back online, but I cannot currently access my character sheet. It is good to be back online, but I still have a lot of work ahead of me.


Good luck with that!

Also, I don't know if it's up-to-date or not, but you have a version here: Beorht Shortspear
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorwen Finarfin
United States
Lemon Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geburah wrote:
Sorry guys, have been going really slow lately: I was off getting married last WE. modest I hadn't even imagined how much energy that would end up using... Still in recovery. The wedding was great, and even sunny! I'll be picking up the threads over the next few days.


Congrats.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daren Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
etighe wrote:
Geburah wrote:
Sorry guys, have been going really slow lately: I was off getting married last WE. modest I hadn't even imagined how much energy that would end up using... Still in recovery. The wedding was great, and even sunny! I'll be picking up the threads over the next few days.


Congrats.

Don't know how I missed the original post, but I'll add my congratulations, if a little late
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Nicholls
United Kingdom
Norfolk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jajagappa wrote:


Good luck with that!

Also, I don't know if it's up-to-date or not, but you have a version here: Beorht Shortspear


Making good progress with the new laptop, thanks. As with any major change, there are some things I prefer, and others I struggle with.

I must remember to update that online character sheet, it is a very useful resource.

Many thanks
Phil
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winnington
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, for the congratulations.

In regards to the current gameplay situation, would using Truth magic to check some of their words be in poor form or badly perceived?

Also, from a tribal point of view, would we be doing something problematic?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geburah wrote:
Thanks guys, for the congratulations.

In regards to the current gameplay situation, would using Truth magic to check some of their words be in poor form or badly perceived?

Also, from a tribal point of view, would we be doing something problematic?


Truth magic would be visible, and probably poorly received.
If he wants to get a better sense without offending, he'd more likely use whatever abilities he has to gauge the situation without magic.

Jonstown is a city where several tribes overlap and have representation. The Colymar tribe, that the Orlmarth clan belongs to, is not one of those, however. Unless he talks to King Kangharl of the Colymar, he's not likely to know whether it would be problematic or not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quiet this week in the thread except for Daren.
Hope all are doing ok.

Btw, will be travelling 2nd half of next week so posting may be a bit light for me then.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dougie Punk
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Jajagappa wrote:
Quiet this week in the thread except for Daren.
Hope all are doing ok.

Btw, will be travelling 2nd half of next week so posting may be a bit light for me then.


Hi Harald (and everyone),

Have been on holiday in Hungary with family for the last week or so. Thought I would have more time to post during baby feeds, etc., but didn't happen. Sorry!

I'm back now, but work backlog and a birthday weekend mean that I probably won't be flooding these forums with new posts for a bit. I will try to make some posts, though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winnington
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, slow here as well - I've been fighting a persistent cold for the past three weeks and this is my busiest time at work... not to mention big weekend plans. Will endeavour to catch up soon!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.