The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Let These Mermaids Touch Your Dick Maybe
Midnight (Second Edition)
Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition
The Black Mine of Teihiihan
Arkham Detective Tales (Extended Edition)
Adventures on Dungeon Planet
FAITH: The Sci-Fi RPG – Core Set
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
Graphic Novel Adventures: Loup Garou
Cthulhu Now (1987 Edition)
Emerald Empire (4th Edition)
Luchador: Way of the Mask
The Tools of Ignorance
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
The End of the World: Alien Invasion
Echoes of Glory: Ruritania's World Cup 1966
Tales from the Loop
The Death Knight's Squire: A 5E Solo Gamebook
Original Adventures Reincarnated #1: Into the Borderlands
Pickman's Legacy
Players Handbook (AD&D 1e)
Dungeon Masters Guide (AD&D 1e)
James Bond 007
B2: The Keep on the Borderlands
Prince Valiant: The Storytelling Game
XXXXtreme STREET luge
Xcrawl
Ancient Odysseys: Treasure Awaits!
Microscope
Über RPG: Steampunk
Numenera
Ryuutama: Natural Fantasy Role Play
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Blades in the Dark
Mouse Guard (2nd Edition)
Curse of Strahd
Maze of the Blue Medusa
7th Sea Core Rulebook
Hunger in the Void
King Arthur Pendragon (Edition 5.2)
Starfinder Core Rulebook
Prince Valiant Episode Book
The Fall of Delta Green
Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game
Pathfinder Society Scenario 9-00: Assault on Absalom
We Used To Be Friends
Brandis Seven Strike Craft
Henchmen
Monster Manual (AD&D 1e)
Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
629 Posts
[1]  Prev «  17 , 18 , 19 , 20 , 21  Next »  [26] | 

Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Alex's Wilderland Adventures [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2017 [+] [View All]
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Indeed Sir Gilrandir and Bard, despite is low birth, as shown, until now, that he has most of the qualities of a great king. Still..." and Elstan's face darken "...there are people in the shadow that dispute the claim of Bard on the throne of Dale.


This is where I need you. For the Gathering of the Five Armies that will happens next november, Bard want to look as lordly as King Dain and King Thranduil before his people. For that he want to wear the crown of Dale, the original crown that was worn by all king of Dale from its founding to the attack of Smaug. According to our research, During Smaug's attack on Dale, 175 years ago, Lord Girion gave the crown and other important treasures to one of his trusted man, Grimarr, and ordered him to flee and hide them in his hall, which is at the edge of the region we now call The Waste."

As Elstan told his story, he unrolled a map showing the region north of the Lonely Mountain with a circle at the West, near the Iron Mountains, where Grimarr's Hall is supposed to be.




" So, I need fine warriors and adventurers to travel there, find Grimarr's Fortress and bring back the crown before the celebrations. Are you up to the challenge? "
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bump
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:13/28 | AC:17 | Init:+7 | Per: +4 | PP: 14

"Sir, we're up for the challenge, but I have a couple of questions. What sort of shadow people oppose King Bard? And are there any notable landmarks that might tell us when we're near to Grimarr's Hall?"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Celduin / Aragost

"Aye, if Daenîr is in, then I am as well."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like something i can help you with. I have not seen a good adventure for a while, i'd be happy to help
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy P
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maegilos nods when she sees the others agree to the adventure, obviously a bit anxious to stretch her legs once more and adventure through the lands.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:13/28 | AC:17 | Init:+7 | Per: +4 | PP: 14

"Sir, we're up for the challenge, but I have a couple of questions. What sort of shadow people oppose King Bard? And are there any notable landmarks that might tell us when we're near to Grimarr's Hall?"


Elstan seems hesitant after before dissmissing the first question: "It is just politics you know. If you remain discret, you won't need to worry about that for your quest. As for your second question, according to the records we found in the Marzabul Chamber of Erebor, Grimarr's Hall is built along the road going from the Lonely Mountain to the Iron Hills and is situated at the estern border where the desolation of Smaug ends. I am sure you can't miss it."

"Every dwarves that travel to the Iron Hills know the place. If you want, I can find you a guide to show you the place." add Gloin.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bump
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:13/28 | AC:17 | Init:+7 | Per: +4 | PP: 14

"No worries, sir, if you say we can't miss it, we'll find it. If no one else has any further questions, I guess we should be on our way..."

Daenîr makes as if to leave...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Celduin

Celduin gets his gear together and follows Daenir.

"Lead the way, Master Elf."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy P
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maegilos gathers her supplies and follows the others. Once they are out of the hall she asks, "What roads do we wish to travel to reach Grimarr's Hall?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is everyone ok with the following itinerary: Travel north to Dale, then West by the road to the Iron Hills?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:13/28 | AC:17 | Init:+7 | Per: +4 | PP: 14

Sounds good to me...

Daenîr nods to Maegilos. "Think the most direct way would be to go through Dale and then head for the Iron Hills via the western road..."

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy P
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maegilos gives Daenîr a curt nod and says, "That route sounds fine. Shall we leave in the morning?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilrandir who became distracted earlier thinking how grand it would be to get the crown back to Dale snaps out of it and nods to his comrades and to Elstan. Consider it as good as done. We will leave as soon as we are able.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Celduin nods.

”I agree, that’s the best route.”
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:13/28 | AC:17 | Init:+7 | Per: +4 | PP: 14

Daenîr bows to Gloin and Elstan. "M'lords let us be departing. Hopefully, we'll be returning before too long with good news."

Daenîr turns to depart with his friends...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Celduin grabs his pack and buckles his scabbard to his belt.

"Well, shall we be off then?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The trip to Dale is short and uneventful. The road is made of stone like only the dwarves know how to make them and is well traveled. Once you enter Dale by southest gate, you instanly notice the difference with Esgaroth. Where Laketown's house are made of wood from Mirkwood, Dale's buildings are made of sturdy stone. In the streets, dwarves and men live in harmony. The wind bring you the sound of smithing from all over the city.





Elstan, who made the trip with you, said: " This is where we separate. Enjoy our beautiful city for a couple of days and if you need something, food, material, informations, etc, don't hesitate to ask me. Until we met again, farawell and good luck."


If you guys want to do some planning, now it's the moment. I also want to know if you want to change your travel roles. Finally, the guide will need to make the new embarkation roll (1d12+ survival proficency bonus + half wisdom modifier minus 2)

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Celduin

"Thank you Elstan, it is much appreciated."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:13/28 | AC:17 | Init:+7 | Per: +4 | PP: 14

Guide Embarkation Roll: 1d12 + 3 = (10) + 3 = 13
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1222321. otha62
  • 1d12 + 3 =
  • (10) + 3 =
  • 13
  • Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:59 pm
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilrandir turns to his companions and says "I guess we would need to gather some supplies for the trip, rations and the like." Have any of you been north of the loney mountain in recent times?"

Gilrandir will try to gather information from the locals

Perception = 1d20+7 = (4) + 7 = 11
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1222693. mschipper
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (4) + 7 =
  • 11
  • Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:52 am
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is numerous well looking store around you that could provide you with what you need, especially food but also tools.

As Gilrandir scan the area, he notices a man among a group of 5 ruff looking and armed people that seems to look at your party. When your gaze met, he turn back to his interlocutor and resume their discussion.


Spoiler (click to reveal)
GM roll 1d20+2 = (6) + 2 = 8
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1223725. vilainn6
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (6) + 2 =
  • 8
  • GM roll
  • Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:16 pm
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilrandir approaches the group and addresses the man. Hello sir, i hope im not interrupting but i thought i recognised you. What is your name? My name is Gilrandir and these are my traveling companions.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy P
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maegilos follows Gilrandir as he approaches the man, staying a bit behind him and just out of reach of the men, a neutral but non-threatening look on her face.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  17 , 18 , 19 , 20 , 21  Next »  [26] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.