The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Joan of Arc
Monster of the Week
Being a role-playing game on the topic of the High-Flying adventures of Beatrice Henrietta Bristol-Smythe, DBE, daring Aviatrix and accomplished Exploratrix, and her Gentleman Companion, who for a Modest Fee, accompanies Beatrice ... [truncated]
The Starship From Hell
Fate Core System
Starfinder Core Rulebook
Realms of Terrinoth
Tales from the Loop
Delta Green
Keeper Rulebook
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Tales from the Yawning Portal
Genesys Core Rulebook
Wet Hot American Summer: Fantasy Camp
The Sunless Citadel
Fiasco
Fate Accelerated
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
DDEX1-04: Dues for the Dead
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
Volo's Guide to Monsters
Star Trek Adventures Core Book
Xanathar's Guide to Everything
Implausible Deniability
Our Friends the Machines & Other Mysteries
Fish F***ers
Ambarquenta Core Rulebook
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
GURPS Basic Set: Characters (Fourth Edition)
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (First Edition)
Ars Magica (5th edition)
Sweet Agatha
Diaspora
Book 1: The War-Torn Kingdom
The Winds of Magic
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Dungeon World Roleplaying Game
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
The Quiet Year
Qelong
Investigator Handbook
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
Monster of the Week (Revised)
Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game
Mutant: Year Zero Core Book
Princes of the Apocalypse
Epées & Sorcellerie
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
568 Posts
[1]  Prev «  17 , 18 , 19 , 20 , 21  Next »  [23] | 

Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Alex's Wilderland Adventures [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2017 [+] [View All]
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Indeed Sir Gilrandir and Bard, despite is low birth, as shown, until now, that he has most of the qualities of a great king. Still..." and Elstan's face darken "...there are people in the shadow that dispute the claim of Bard on the throne of Dale.

This is where I need you. For the Gathering of the Five Armies that will happens next november, Bard want to look as lordly as King Dain and King Thranduil before his people. For that he want to wear the crown of Dale, the original crown that was worn by all king of Dale from its founding to the attack of Smaug. According to our research, During Smaug's attack on Dale, 175 years ago, Lord Girion gave the crown and other important treasures to one of his trusted man, Grimarr, and ordered him to flee and hide them in his hall, which is at the edge of the region we now call The Waste."

As Elstan told his story, he unrolled a map showing the region north of the Lonely Mountain with a circle at the West, near the Iron Mountains, where Grimarr's Hall is supposed to be.

" So, I need fine warriors and adventurers to travel there, find Grimarr's Fortress and bring back the crown before the celebrations. Are you up to the challenge? "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bump
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:13/28 | AC:17 | Init:+7 | Per: +4 | PP: 14

"Sir, we're up for the challenge, but I have a couple of questions. What sort of shadow people oppose King Bard? And are there any notable landmarks that might tell us when we're near to Grimarr's Hall?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
mbmbmbmbmb
Celduin / Aragost

"Aye, if Daenîr is in, then I am as well."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like something i can help you with. I have not seen a good adventure for a while, i'd be happy to help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy P
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maegilos nods when she sees the others agree to the adventure, obviously a bit anxious to stretch her legs once more and adventure through the lands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:

"Sir, we're up for the challenge, but I have a couple of questions. What sort of shadow people oppose King Bard? And are there any notable landmarks that might tell us when we're near to Grimarr's Hall?"

Elstan seems hesitant after before dissmissing the first question: "It is just politics you know. If you remain discret, you won't need to worry about that for your quest. As for your second question, according to the records we found in the Marzabul Chamber of Erebor, Grimarr's Hall is built along the road going from the Lonely Mountain to the Iron Hills and is situated at the estern border where the desolation of Smaug ends. I am sure you can't miss it."

"Every dwarves that travel to the Iron Hills know the place. If you want, I can find you a guide to show you the place." add Gloin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bump
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"No worries, sir, if you say we can't miss it, we'll find it. If no one else has any further questions, I guess we should be on our way..."

Daenîr makes as if to leave...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
mbmbmbmbmb
Celduin

Celduin gets his gear together and follows Daenir.

"Lead the way, Master Elf."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy P
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maegilos gathers her supplies and follows the others. Once they are out of the hall she asks, "What roads do we wish to travel to reach Grimarr's Hall?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is everyone ok with the following itinerary: Travel north to Dale, then West by the road to the Iron Hills?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sounds good to me...

Daenîr nods to Maegilos. "Think the most direct way would be to go through Dale and then head for the Iron Hills via the western road..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy P
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maegilos gives Daenîr a curt nod and says, "That route sounds fine. Shall we leave in the morning?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilrandir who became distracted earlier thinking how grand it would be to get the crown back to Dale snaps out of it and nods to his comrades and to Elstan. Consider it as good as done. We will leave as soon as we are able.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Celduin nods.

”I agree, that’s the best route.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Daenîr bows to Gloin and Elstan. "M'lords let us be departing. Hopefully, we'll be returning before too long with good news."

Daenîr turns to depart with his friends...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Celduin grabs his pack and buckles his scabbard to his belt.

"Well, shall we be off then?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The trip to Dale is short and uneventful. The road is made of stone like only the dwarves know how to make them and is well traveled. Once you enter Dale by southest gate, you instanly notice the difference with Esgaroth. Where Laketown's house are made of wood from Mirkwood, Dale's buildings are made of sturdy stone. In the streets, dwarves and men live in harmony. The wind bring you the sound of smithing from all over the city.

Elstan, who made the trip with you, said: " This is where we separate. Enjoy our beautiful city for a couple of days and if you need something, food, material, informations, etc, don't hesitate to ask me. Until we met again, farawell and good luck."

If you guys want to do some planning, now it's the moment. I also want to know if you want to change your travel roles. Finally, the guide will need to make the new embarkation roll (1d12+ survival proficency bonus + half wisdom modifier minus 2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Celduin

"Thank you Elstan, it is much appreciated."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Guide Embarkation Roll: 1d12 + 3 = (10) + 3 = 13
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1222321. otha62
  • 1d12 + 3 =
  • (10) + 3 =
  • Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:59 pm
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilrandir turns to his companions and says "I guess we would need to gather some supplies for the trip, rations and the like." Have any of you been north of the loney mountain in recent times?"

Gilrandir will try to gather information from the locals

Perception = 1d20+7 = (4) + 7 = 11
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1222693. mschipper
  • 1d20+7 =
  • (4) + 7 =
  • Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:52 am
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is numerous well looking store around you that could provide you with what you need, especially food but also tools.

As Gilrandir scan the area, he notices a man among a group of 5 ruff looking and armed people that seems to look at your party. When your gaze met, he turn back to his interlocutor and resume their discussion.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
GM roll 1d20+2 = (6) + 2 = 8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1223725. vilainn6
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (6) + 2 =
  • GM roll
  • Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:16 pm
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilrandir approaches the group and addresses the man. Hello sir, i hope im not interrupting but i thought i recognised you. What is your name? My name is Gilrandir and these are my traveling companions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy P
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maegilos follows Gilrandir as he approaches the man, staying a bit behind him and just out of reach of the men, a neutral but non-threatening look on her face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  17 , 18 , 19 , 20 , 21  Next »  [23] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.