Legacy of Dragonholt
Kids on Bikes
Heroes of the Mists
The Undersea Environment
Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
Sweetness
Lord of the Rings Adventure Game
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
Legend of the Five Rings RPG: Core Rulebook
Dogs in the Vineyard
Drow Treachery (Fortune Cards)
Blades in the Dark
Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide
Do Not Let Us Die In The Dark Night Of This Cold Winter
Sins of the Father
Dungeon Masters Guide (AD&D 1e)
Empire in Flames
T1-4: The Temple of Elemental Evil
Paranoia Second Edition
Sengoku: Chanbara Roleplaying in Feudal Japan
The Great Pendragon Campaign
Book 1: The War-Torn Kingdom
Beneath the Lonely Tower
The Creature Vault
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Book 1: The Legion of Shadow
The One Ring: Adventures over the Edge of the Wild
Dreadfleet Captains
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Numenera
The Quiet Year
Ryuutama: Natural Fantasy Role Play
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Out of the Abyss
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Boxed Set (Second Edition)
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
Tales from the Loop
Down Darker Trails
Numenera Destiny
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
Sandpoint, Light of the Lost Coast
Eriador Adventures
Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition Core Book
Monsters of Horror
Festivals, Feasts and Fairs
Players Handbook (AD&D 1e)
Monster Manual (AD&D 1e)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness
After the Bomb
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
694 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] | 

Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Alex's Wilderland Adventures [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2017 [+] [View All]
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilrandir is quite supprised with his cold welcome and decides to use some of his people friendly ways on Gloin.

Use Discourse (Choose creature within earshot CHA check with advantage. Creature makes WIS SThrow check. If i succeed creature is friendly towards me): +4 +adv 1d20 = (19) = 19 (23+advantage) BOOYA!

Elves and Men have fought together for many ages since the First Age against Morgoth in Beleriand. Who knows what new battles and foes our kinds can join together against and defeat. Perhaps one day people will sing songs of our adventures to their children before bedtime.

What would you like us to investigate at the Long Mashes lord. Can you give us any more details?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1070630. mschipper
  • 1d20 =
  • (19) =
  • +4 +adv
  • Fri Apr 7, 2017 5:08 am
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
Daenîr comes forward and bows. "Daenîr, at your service. Aye my lord, my brother and I are both familiar with the eastern edges of Mirkwood that border the Long Marsh."

Make a persuasion roll with advantage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mschipper wrote:
Gilrandir is quite supprised with his cold welcome and decides to use some of his people friendly ways on Gloin.

Use Discourse (Choose creature within earshot CHA check with advantage. Creature makes WIS SThrow check. If i succeed creature is friendly towards me): mschipper previously rolled 1d20 = (19) = 19 (+4 +adv) (23+advantage) BOOYA!

Elves and Men have fought together for many ages since the First Age against Morgoth in Beleriand. Who knows what new battles and foes our kinds can join together against and defeat. Perhaps one day people will sing songs of our adventures to their children before bedtime.

What would you like us to investigate at the Long Mashes lord. Can you give us any more details?

Gloin Wisdom saving throw 1d20+1 = (15) + 1 = 16

Gloin consider the words of Gilrandir for a moment. Finally, that stranger doesn't seem a bad fellow. I probably misjudge him thought the dwarf

"My brother Oin was supposed to cross Mirkwood by the old road with other dwarves. At the same time, they were supposed to inspect that road to see if it can be repared to make it a good commercial road crossing Mirkwood like in the old time. You will probably find this stupid but I have a feeling they are in danger. So I am looking for people to go investigate."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1070640. vilainn6
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (15) + 1 =
  • Gloin Wisdom saving throw
  • Fri Apr 7, 2017 5:35 am
Nicolette Tanksley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Giving a small smirk at Gloin's first remark, Kelda states simply,"I believe that my comrades and I are equal to the task. We do possess quite the variety of skills among us." Smiling her best shopkeeper's smile, she continues,"Why do you suspect that they came to harm?" What other details do you know about this mission that might be helpful for us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:28/28 | AC:17 | Init:+5 | Per: +4 | PP: 14 |

Daenîr nods in agreement with Kelda's words. "Aye, I know the sting of a missing brother. If yours is within Mirkwood or near it's borders, we'll find him..."

Is my Persuasion check still needed? Just in case...

Persuasion: 1d20 + 5 = (17) + 5 = 22
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1070746. otha62
  • 1d20 + 5 =
  • (17) + 5 =
  • Fri Apr 7, 2017 12:20 pm
Art Lyon
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uialdor smirks at Daenir's comment, but continues to refrain from speaking. He would bring up his and his brother's service at the Battle of Five Armies, but it seems the wrong time to do so, and he knows that Gloin lost close comrades there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
For the Emperor!
badge
No world shall be beyond my rule; no enemy shall be beyond my wrath.
mbmbmbmbmb
Celduin

otha62 wrote:
Daenîr nods in agreement with Kelda's words. "Aye, I know the sting of a missing brother. If yours is within Mirkwood or near it's borders, we'll find him..."

"Indeed we shall find him. Like our good Elves here, I also have quite a familiarity with Mirkwood, which should come in handy."

Celduin pauses, then bows slightly to Gloin.

"Celduin, at your service m'Lord."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"It is nice to see a lot of you know that dreaded forest" said Gloin while returning Celduin's bow.

Then, to Kelda: "I told you you will find this stupid but I have no concrete informations, just a nightmare I made last night. In that dream, I saw Oin drowning himself into black water. I am probably worrying for nothing but, just in case, I would be grateful if you can investigate. As for more informations, Gloin is a grey beard dwarf who wear brown cloths. He has a pouch full of remedies with him. He was accompagnied by one of our friends, Balin. White beard, cunning eyes, noble cloths. There was also two warriors in armour with them who I forgot their name to be honest. "

Gloin paused before concluding to everyone: "So, Are you up for the task? Of course, you will all be rewarded for your services."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:28/28 | AC:17 | Init:+5 | Per: +4 | PP: 14 |

Daenîr glances towards Kelda and defers to her, as it appears to him the dwarf seems to be more comfortable/cordial towards her...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case I was misunderstood. The last sentence was directed towards all the group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i beleive we are more than upto the task.

Do you have anything to help aid us on our task? Perhaps a mithril shirt or two
Gilrandir says jokingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Upon reflection, Daenîr speaks after all...

"My Lord, I think we are up to it...but words are cheap. Results speak much louder."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
For the Emperor!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed we are up to the task m'lord.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolette Tanksley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Kelda smiles and nods in agreement, "So agreed, we shall seek out your brother, Oin. Thank you for the opportunity, rest assured that we are equal to the task."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mschipper wrote:
i beleive we are more than upto the task.

Do you have anything to help aid us on our task? Perhaps a mithril shirt or two
Gilrandir says jokingly.

Gloin smiles back at Gilrandir: "I'm affraid I dont have mithril shirts at my disposal for the moment. Howerver..." the dwarf takes a new parchment on his desk and write a few sentences. "Give this to the harbor master when you're ready to leave. It would allow you to rent boats on my account and make your travel more easy and quick." he said while handing the parchment to Gilrandir.

So does any of you want to do something particular in town before leaving? Also I will need you all the pick a travel role (see my post in the OOC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:28/28 | AC:17 | Init:+5 | Per: +4 | PP: 14

Daenîr nods. "Shall we be off?"

Daenîr will be the Guide
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Guide Roll: 1d12 + 2 = (1) + 2 = 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1072874. otha62
  • 1d12 + 2 =
  • (1) + 2 =
  • Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Art Lyon
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the group files out of Gloin's office, Uialdor approaches the famed dwarf.

"Lord Gloin, I am Uialdor. I am, myself, of little note, but I feel I must say that my brother Daenir and I fought side-by-side with dwarves, men, and elves at The Battle of Five Armies, and that it is an honor to serve again."

He bows as low as he thinks a dwarf like Gloin would expect, and will allow a moment in case the dwarf has something to say, before leaving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
For the Emperor!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:

Daenîr nods. "Shall we be off?"

"Indeed my friend. Let us embark!" Celduin smiles and pats Daenîr on the shoulder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Daenîr smiles wistfully at Celduin. "Once more into the breach, eh?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
For the Emperor!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Once more indeed Daenîr. Far from being the first time... and each time I'm hopeful it shan't be the last!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloin returns the bow to Uialdor. "Lets hope neither you or my child would need to fight again in such a battle. Farawell and good luck."

With these words, you leave Gloin's house and separate the time to gather all the stuff you need for this journey. You then meet again at the harbor of Esgaroth a couple of hours later. From this place you can see the center of the lake and the remains of the old Laketown burned by Smaug three years ago. Tales said that, at low tide, it is possible to see the skeleton of the mighty reptile emerging from the water. Some fishermen also told stories about how, if you are lucky,you can found the gem stones worn by the dragon that night while fishing in the lake.

The harbor master, Ulric "one eye", a tall man with a patch on his right eye, welcomes you. "Aye travelers. What can I do for you?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair day to you habour master, We come from the house of Gloin with intent to rent a ship for our journey. Unfortunately we wont be heading to the Gey Havens today but intend to head towards the Long Marshes. Do you have something that would suit our needs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mschipper wrote:
Fair day to you habour master, We come from the house of Gloin with intent to rent a ship for our journey. Unfortunately we wont be heading to the Gey Havens today but intend to head towards the Long Marshes. Do you have something that would suit our needs?

Do you give him Gloin's reference letter or do you attempt to simply rent a boat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilrandir produces Glions reference letter from his backpack and hands it to the harbour master.

Gloin has requested a fine seaworthy vessel for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.