The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Joan of Arc
Monster of the Week
Being a role-playing game on the topic of the High-Flying adventures of Beatrice Henrietta Bristol-Smythe, DBE, daring Aviatrix and accomplished Exploratrix, and her Gentleman Companion, who for a Modest Fee, accompanies Beatrice ... [truncated]
The Starship From Hell
Fate Core System
Starfinder Core Rulebook
Realms of Terrinoth
Tales from the Loop
Delta Green
Keeper Rulebook
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Tales from the Yawning Portal
Genesys Core Rulebook
Wet Hot American Summer: Fantasy Camp
The Sunless Citadel
Fiasco
Fate Accelerated
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
DDEX1-04: Dues for the Dead
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
Volo's Guide to Monsters
Star Trek Adventures Core Book
Xanathar's Guide to Everything
Implausible Deniability
Our Friends the Machines & Other Mysteries
Fish F***ers
Ambarquenta Core Rulebook
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
GURPS Basic Set: Characters (Fourth Edition)
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (First Edition)
Ars Magica (5th edition)
Sweet Agatha
Diaspora
Book 1: The War-Torn Kingdom
The Winds of Magic
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Dungeon World Roleplaying Game
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
The Quiet Year
Qelong
Investigator Handbook
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
Monster of the Week (Revised)
Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game
Mutant: Year Zero Core Book
Princes of the Apocalypse
Epées & Sorcellerie
Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
568 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [23] | 

Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Alex's Wilderland Adventures [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2017 [+] [View All]
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilrandir is quite supprised with his cold welcome and decides to use some of his people friendly ways on Gloin.

Use Discourse (Choose creature within earshot CHA check with advantage. Creature makes WIS SThrow check. If i succeed creature is friendly towards me): +4 +adv 1d20 = (19) = 19 (23+advantage) BOOYA!

Elves and Men have fought together for many ages since the First Age against Morgoth in Beleriand. Who knows what new battles and foes our kinds can join together against and defeat. Perhaps one day people will sing songs of our adventures to their children before bedtime.

What would you like us to investigate at the Long Mashes lord. Can you give us any more details?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1070630. mschipper
  • 1d20 =
  • (19) =
  • 19
  • +4 +adv
  • Fri Apr 7, 2017 5:08 am
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
Daenîr comes forward and bows. "Daenîr, at your service. Aye my lord, my brother and I are both familiar with the eastern edges of Mirkwood that border the Long Marsh."


Make a persuasion roll with advantage
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mschipper wrote:
Gilrandir is quite supprised with his cold welcome and decides to use some of his people friendly ways on Gloin.

Use Discourse (Choose creature within earshot CHA check with advantage. Creature makes WIS SThrow check. If i succeed creature is friendly towards me): mschipper previously rolled 1d20 = (19) = 19 (+4 +adv) (23+advantage) BOOYA!

Elves and Men have fought together for many ages since the First Age against Morgoth in Beleriand. Who knows what new battles and foes our kinds can join together against and defeat. Perhaps one day people will sing songs of our adventures to their children before bedtime.

What would you like us to investigate at the Long Mashes lord. Can you give us any more details?


Gloin Wisdom saving throw 1d20+1 = (15) + 1 = 16

Gloin consider the words of Gilrandir for a moment. Finally, that stranger doesn't seem a bad fellow. I probably misjudge him thought the dwarf

"My brother Oin was supposed to cross Mirkwood by the old road with other dwarves. At the same time, they were supposed to inspect that road to see if it can be repared to make it a good commercial road crossing Mirkwood like in the old time. You will probably find this stupid but I have a feeling they are in danger. So I am looking for people to go investigate."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1070640. vilainn6
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (15) + 1 =
  • 16
  • Gloin Wisdom saving throw
  • Fri Apr 7, 2017 5:35 am
Nicolette Tanksley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Giving a small smirk at Gloin's first remark, Kelda states simply,"I believe that my comrades and I are equal to the task. We do possess quite the variety of skills among us." Smiling her best shopkeeper's smile, she continues,"Why do you suspect that they came to harm?" What other details do you know about this mission that might be helpful for us?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:28/28 | AC:17 | Init:+5 | Per: +4 | PP: 14 |

Daenîr nods in agreement with Kelda's words. "Aye, I know the sting of a missing brother. If yours is within Mirkwood or near it's borders, we'll find him..."

Is my Persuasion check still needed? Just in case...

Persuasion: 1d20 + 5 = (17) + 5 = 22
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1070746. otha62
  • 1d20 + 5 =
  • (17) + 5 =
  • 22
  • Fri Apr 7, 2017 12:20 pm
Art Lyon
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uialdor smirks at Daenir's comment, but continues to refrain from speaking. He would bring up his and his brother's service at the Battle of Five Armies, but it seems the wrong time to do so, and he knows that Gloin lost close comrades there.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Celduin

otha62 wrote:
Daenîr nods in agreement with Kelda's words. "Aye, I know the sting of a missing brother. If yours is within Mirkwood or near it's borders, we'll find him..."


"Indeed we shall find him. Like our good Elves here, I also have quite a familiarity with Mirkwood, which should come in handy."

Celduin pauses, then bows slightly to Gloin.

"Celduin, at your service m'Lord."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"It is nice to see a lot of you know that dreaded forest" said Gloin while returning Celduin's bow.

Then, to Kelda: "I told you you will find this stupid but I have no concrete informations, just a nightmare I made last night. In that dream, I saw Oin drowning himself into black water. I am probably worrying for nothing but, just in case, I would be grateful if you can investigate. As for more informations, Gloin is a grey beard dwarf who wear brown cloths. He has a pouch full of remedies with him. He was accompagnied by one of our friends, Balin. White beard, cunning eyes, noble cloths. There was also two warriors in armour with them who I forgot their name to be honest. "

Gloin paused before concluding to everyone: "So, Are you up for the task? Of course, you will all be rewarded for your services."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:28/28 | AC:17 | Init:+5 | Per: +4 | PP: 14 |

Daenîr glances towards Kelda and defers to her, as it appears to him the dwarf seems to be more comfortable/cordial towards her...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case I was misunderstood. The last sentence was directed towards all the group.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
i beleive we are more than upto the task.

Do you have anything to help aid us on our task? Perhaps a mithril shirt or two
Gilrandir says jokingly.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:28/28 | AC:17 | Init:+5 | Per: +4 | PP: 14 |

Upon reflection, Daenîr speaks after all...

"My Lord, I think we are up to it...but words are cheap. Results speak much louder."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed we are up to the task m'lord.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolette Tanksley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Kelda smiles and nods in agreement, "So agreed, we shall seek out your brother, Oin. Thank you for the opportunity, rest assured that we are equal to the task."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mschipper wrote:
i beleive we are more than upto the task.

Do you have anything to help aid us on our task? Perhaps a mithril shirt or two
Gilrandir says jokingly.


Gloin smiles back at Gilrandir: "I'm affraid I dont have mithril shirts at my disposal for the moment. Howerver..." the dwarf takes a new parchment on his desk and write a few sentences. "Give this to the harbor master when you're ready to leave. It would allow you to rent boats on my account and make your travel more easy and quick." he said while handing the parchment to Gilrandir.


So does any of you want to do something particular in town before leaving? Also I will need you all the pick a travel role (see my post in the OOC.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:28/28 | AC:17 | Init:+5 | Per: +4 | PP: 14

Daenîr nods. "Shall we be off?"

Daenîr will be the Guide
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:28/28 | AC:17 | Init:+5 | Per: +4 | PP: 14

Guide Roll: 1d12 + 2 = (1) + 2 = 3
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1072874. otha62
  • 1d12 + 2 =
  • (1) + 2 =
  • 3
  • Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Art Lyon
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As the group files out of Gloin's office, Uialdor approaches the famed dwarf.

"Lord Gloin, I am Uialdor. I am, myself, of little note, but I feel I must say that my brother Daenir and I fought side-by-side with dwarves, men, and elves at The Battle of Five Armies, and that it is an honor to serve again."

He bows as low as he thinks a dwarf like Gloin would expect, and will allow a moment in case the dwarf has something to say, before leaving.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:

Daenîr nods. "Shall we be off?"


"Indeed my friend. Let us embark!" Celduin smiles and pats Daenîr on the shoulder.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:28/28 | AC:17 | Init:+5 | Per: +4 | PP: 14

Daenîr smiles wistfully at Celduin. "Once more into the breach, eh?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Once more indeed Daenîr. Far from being the first time... and each time I'm hopeful it shan't be the last!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloin returns the bow to Uialdor. "Lets hope neither you or my child would need to fight again in such a battle. Farawell and good luck."

With these words, you leave Gloin's house and separate the time to gather all the stuff you need for this journey. You then meet again at the harbor of Esgaroth a couple of hours later. From this place you can see the center of the lake and the remains of the old Laketown burned by Smaug three years ago. Tales said that, at low tide, it is possible to see the skeleton of the mighty reptile emerging from the water. Some fishermen also told stories about how, if you are lucky,you can found the gem stones worn by the dragon that night while fishing in the lake.

The harbor master, Ulric "one eye", a tall man with a patch on his right eye, welcomes you. "Aye travelers. What can I do for you?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair day to you habour master, We come from the house of Gloin with intent to rent a ship for our journey. Unfortunately we wont be heading to the Gey Havens today but intend to head towards the Long Marshes. Do you have something that would suit our needs?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mschipper wrote:
Fair day to you habour master, We come from the house of Gloin with intent to rent a ship for our journey. Unfortunately we wont be heading to the Gey Havens today but intend to head towards the Long Marshes. Do you have something that would suit our needs?


Do you give him Gloin's reference letter or do you attempt to simply rent a boat?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilrandir produces Glions reference letter from his backpack and hands it to the harbour master.

Gloin has requested a fine seaworthy vessel for us.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [23] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.