The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Gamma World
Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition
Maze of the Blue Medusa
Gamma World: Gamma Knights
Star Trek Adventures Core Book
Petty Gods
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Masks of Nyarlathotep (5th edition)
Prince Valiant: The Storytelling Game
Masks of Nyarlathotep (3rd & 4th edition)
The Great Pendragon Campaign
Fiasco
Class Warfare
The Death Knight's Squire: A 5E Solo Gamebook
Kids on Bikes
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
Prince Valiant Episode Book
Ironsworn
Fury
Fantasy World Creator
Tunnels & Trolls Rulebook (5th Edition)
Delta Green
Countdown
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (Second Edition)
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
S4: The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth
Eclipse Phase Core Rulebook
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Stonehell Dungeon: Down Night-Haunted Halls
The Quiet Year
Fate Accelerated
Mutant: Year Zero Core Book
The End of the World: Revolt of the Machines
Unbound
Paranoia: Red Clearance Edition
Spire
Distant Realms
Toys in the Attic
Original Adventures Reincarnated #1: Into the Borderlands
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
Eldritch Cock
Kids on Bikes (Free RPG Day Edition)
Beta Quadrant Sourcebook
Recoursing Euclid
Cosmic Pilgrims
Dead for the Living
Triumph of Death
Fiend Folio
Spirit of the Century
Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
629 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [26] | 

Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Alex's Wilderland Adventures [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2017 [+] [View All]
Nicolette Tanksley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelda nods to her fellow Lakesman, "Aye, Give us a well-built one, if you please." Kelda had been to meet the harbormaster many times before on errands for her father since she started working in his store at a young age. Sometimes she had met traders there and escorted them to the shop or other times she fetched a special order that came via boat. Generally he joked with her, but today she doubted that would be the case.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lady Kelda! salute Ulric One Eye as he recognize the familiar woman of laketown, How is your father going?

He then took the letter that Gilrandir gave him.I see , said Ulric while reading Gloin parchment, Follow me!

The tall harbor master bring you along the docks until he stops in front of a short drakkar with the emblem of a white stone shinning over a mountain, the emblem of Erebor, embroided in the sail.

It seems Master Gloin allows you to take his personal ship. Five maybe to short to handle it so I can found you 2-3 sailors to come with you and help you handle the ship. Of course, if you prefer another kind of boat, something less identifiable perhaps, say it. I am at your service.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:28/28 | AC:17 | Init:+5 | Per: +4 | PP: 14

Daenîr ponders a moment. He quietly says, "Perhaps a smaller, less identifiable boat might draw less attention...Kelda, you are native to this area, what do you think best?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I'm inclined to agree with Daenîr. I don't see any advantage to being overly conspicuous"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolette Tanksley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelda tilts her head in acknowledgment,"Well met, Sir Ulric. My father is well, though less than happy about my choice to go travel'n. Then again, I rattle on so about this book and that 'ancient text' that I'd make a crazy man of him if I stayed 'ner much longer. But concerning the boat, mayhap a vessel that attracts less attention would better suit our needs, though it must be lake-worthy and be able to stow some heavier cargo for the way back. Could you show us 'round to those available?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ulric took a moment to think before offering a new suggestion:

"Well you can take long canoes. This is what the dwa...This is what people use when they want to travel light and fast. They are easy to handle and transport when you will reach Girion's stairs. I think you can squeeze all 5 of you in one but I will suggest you split into two for more comfort and for more space for your cargot on your way back."


Thinks about the boats Galadriel offered to the fellowship in the first book but bigger.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that will suit our needs sir. How quickly can they be ready for our departure? Time may not be on our side in these matters that we need to attend too.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I think these canoes should work just fine. What do the rest of you say?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:28/28 | AC:17 | Init:+5 | Per: +4 | PP: 14

Daenîr nods in agreement and quietly says, "Two canoes should suit us very well...we should be on our way..."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Lyon
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uialdor let the talk to others, trusting to their expertise. He watched the skies and listened to the wind and water.

He shrugged barely perceptibly in ascent to the choice of smaller boats.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolette Tanksley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Aye, Sir Ulric...these canoes will do nicely."

Then to the rest of her party, "Please give me a moment with Sir Ulric whilst you ready to depart, I have a bit of personal business to attend to before we leave.""

After the party goes to stow their belongings, Kelda would have a word with Sir Ulric alone.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
"I know of the group of dwarves that you started to mention. What do you know of their mission? I only wish to know so as to be helpful in the future, naught will come of you telling me as I will keep it to myself."

"On another matter, please send a message to my father of our whereabouts to the old road in Mirkwood and the circumstances of our departure should we not return in a fortnight's time. I do not want him to worry about my safety with such strangers needlessly, but in case there is a problem I would want help sent."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:28/28 | AC:17 | Init:+5 | Per: +4 | PP: 14

Daenîr sees to the canoes while Kelda conducts her query with Sir Ulric...

Once Kelda's business is done, Daenîr speaks softly...

"If everyone is ready, we should cast off...Uialdor and I are no strangers to boats such as these, though I'd imagine Kelda is more familiar than either of us..." Eying Kelda, he continues. "We're in your realm, how do you think it best for us to deploy in the boats?"

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Daenîr, I'm ready to depart whenever the others are ready."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelda

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Make a persuasion roll


Also, I will give you inspiration for keeping secrets like Gandalf. I am going to move on with the story to keep the others involved. If you want to continue talking with Ulric, continue to post under spoiler tag.


After Kelda finishes to talk with Ulric, the group depart. It takes them the rest of the day to cover the fifteen miles that separate Laketown from the southern end of the lake, close to where its waters pour out over high waterfalls. Their loud roar can be heard, slowly increasing in volume as the adventurers get nearer to the falls.

The travellers are forced to disembark on the western shore of the lake, where several wooden piers jut out from the shingles. There, a number of huts huddle close to the lake. These are the homes of the Lake-men that sometimes serve as porters for the Stair of Girion. Ahead of you, you can see the Stair of Girion, a paved portage trackway, built long ago by the Lake-men with the help of Dwarven masons, allowing for the swift transport of boats and their contents from the lake down to where the Running River resumes its course beyond the falls.

Transporting the boats is easy with the help of the Lake-Men porters but those of you accustomed to travel in the wild know that, in this period of the year, days are still short and you have one, maybe two hours left of light before the night comes.

Do you want to press on with the journey or have a long rest in the small village of the porters and continue next morning? Also, I awarded Inspiration to Kelda for what she wrote in the spoiler and that remembered me that I also want to give Inspiration to Gilrandir and Uialdor for the discussion with Gloin.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:28/28 | AC:17 | Init:+5 | Per: +4 | PP: 14

While the wanderer in Daenîr wants to press on, he thinks it probably best that they rest overnight so as not to start out on the journey fatigued...

"With only a short time to nightfall, perhaps we should rest here for the evening and start out fresh in the morning. What say ye?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolette Tanksley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Persuasion check = 1d20img + 3 -> (5) + 3 ->
+ 3 = 8 [+]
+ Inspiration 1d6img -> (4) ->
= 4 [+]
= 12
Kelda continues talking to Sir Ulric, "I thank ye for any information you might share, mayhap I can do likewise soon enough."


Kelda nods and defers to those who have traveled more than she as to when to stop for the night. She wouldn't mind spending another night on the lake.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1077766. Dimmendarkgirl
  • 1d20img + 3 =
  • (5) + 3 =
  • iid:2631548 + 3 = 8
  • Persuasion check =
  • Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:46 am
  • [+]
  • 1077768. Dimmendarkgirl
  • 1d6img =
  • (4) =
  • iid:2631631 = 4
  • Inspiration
  • Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:50 am
Art Lyon
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Though clearly eager to move on, Uialdor can see the sense in making sure everyone is well-prepared in body and mind for the travels ahead.

"Does each of us have what we need? Shall we leave at first light?"

Before he retires for the evening, Uialdor will check, double-check... and triple-check the boats and the party's supplies.

I can't find it in the thread, but wasn't there mention of stocking up? Just want to make sure we have food, water, perhaps wet- and cold-weather gear, plenty of arrows, etc.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Celduin

"Aye, let's take the night to rest. We'll cover more ground by being well-rested in the morning than my pushing on tonight."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelda
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Inspiration 1d20+3 = (9) + 3 = 12

Ulric said: " Very little I am affraid. They were very secretive but they said they were going to inspect the old dwarf road that cross the forest. I know dwarves are all good builders but they didn't look like masons. Plus one of them was holding his bags so tightly, like he feared someone would rob him. That group was very strange.

Don't worry about your father. I will inform him about your whereabouts."


"


The men of the Stairs of Girion are happy and even eager to welcome you in their camp.

As you sit around a camp fire and you are given some stew, One of the younger porter, Egil, who helps you transporting the boats previously asks:

"Where are you going like this my friends? It is rare to see travelers these days. It is too early for the wine season."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1078240. vilainn6
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (9) + 3 =
  • 12
  • Inspiration
  • Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:37 pm
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daenîr Male Elf Wanderer / 3rd | HP:28/28 | AC:17 | Init:+5 | Per: +4 | PP: 14

Daenîr eats the stew quietly till he hears the young man's query...

"Our gratitude be with ye, Men of the Lake, for your assistance and hospitality. We travel through the Long Marshes to the edge of Mirkwood in search of several dwarves. Have ye seen, or heard of such, passing this way recently?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolette Tanksley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelda, also enjoying the nice stew, stops eating for a few minutes and says in addition,"Aye, should've seen been some dwarves that came this a' way in canoes such as ours. We have business with them. Seen 'em?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schipper
Australia
Aberfoyle Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever Watchful (Talk with travelers/locals, make DC12 Intelligence(Investigation) with advantage. Success indicates gaining of useful rumours and/or news of trouble. Failure indictates same news but unable to discern if true/false. Can also glean names/whereabouts/general appearances of local influential individuals/households/factions as well as heraldry/livery/colours they typically bear.)

Gilrandir looks around with this ever watchful eyes. Any rumors or news of trouble friends?

Roll with advantage (take highest roll)
1d20 = (20) = 20
1d20 = (6) = 6

Sorry, im not 100% how this works. do i roll D20 or D12 (DC12)?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1079660. mschipper
  • 1d20 =
  • (20) =
  • 20
  • Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:26 am
  • [+]
  • 1079661. mschipper
  • 1d20 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:26 am
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ah you must be talking about lord Balin and his escort? Yes They were here a week ago" , answers Egil, " You will have difficulty catching up with them"


Gilrandir learn rumors, while listening to other porters, about Trolls being spotted in the Long Marshes.


You roll a d20+your inestigation skill and you need to roll 12 or more.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Where were Lord Balin and his escort headed? Were they alone?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunetly, the men of Laketown have no new infos about the dwarf's group for you. They just know that the group of 4 dwarves are heading south, wanting to cross Mirkwood by the old road.

Still, The porters are young and simple men; they are easily excited by the sight of adventurers daring to go south on a boat, and they jump at the chance to ask more about you and to hear your good stories or songs of the old days.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [26] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.