Dungeon World Roleplaying Game
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Ninth World Guidebook
Storm King's Thunder
The Cthulhu Hack: Convicts & Cthulhu
The GameMaster's Apprentice Instructions
Tiny Dungeon 2nd Edition
Adventure Kit: Oath of the Frozen King
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
Alone Against the Dark (2nd edition)
Ironsworn
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
667 Posts
[1]  Prev «  23 , 24 , 25 , 26 , 27  | 

RPG» Forums » Community » The Tavern

Subject: Far West Release Date Pool - Entries Closed - Part Two rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Blammo wrote:
One of the things I don't understand is that Eric, who supposedly helps with Adamant stuff and knows all about the Far West debacle, would back a guy like Skarka with his track record.

It may be that Skarka's checks clear. That can go a long ways.

Especially when you only see one side of the story - Eric blocked me on Twitter before I even knew he existed. I wouldn't be surprised if Skarka gave him a list of folks to block. Ostensibly because they are trolls, realistically because they are people who work(ed) at calling Skarka to task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowdy Scarlett
United States
San Jose
santa clara
flag msg tools
badge
Not Necessarily Inaccurate Videos at- http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3A6D4E8F2B74B110
mbmbmbmbmb
Still find it interesting that people in the industry who I have met and like have anything to do with him. He seems to be on good terms with the Arc Dream folks among others. Amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Savage Josh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ugh, do I have to stop reading Lazarus now? FART
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Hardy
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Bazin wrote:
ugh, do I have to stop reading Lazarus now? FART

That depends. He has not written the comic stories. He has written in essentially a setting book for the comic.

So, if you are just avoiding him, you can still read the comic. If you are avoiding companies/product lines that support him, then yes.

Of course we have no idea on if the IP owners or publisher of the comic know GMS history.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey you kids, get off my Avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
brumcg wrote:
I'd bet (not much money) that it has something to do with John Rogers (Leverage, The Librarians). Back when I paid attention to his Twitter feed, they were simpatico.

Rogers is attached to The Kingkiller Chronicle series that will be on Showtime.

FWIW, I think the Lazarus theory sounds much more likely (relationships, IPs). Also, neither GMS and Rothfuss follow the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Hardy
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
While we may never know what project he worked on (because it may never be released), if it is Lazarus from Amazon, Amazon studios does have a contact us system where you can send them a message . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lafferty
msg tools
designer
publisher
So - this probably belongs in this thread.

Link to Tenkar's Tavern article about more Far West drama
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Hardy
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mikelaff72 wrote:

Interesting read. I could not find the original GMS tweet, so it might have been pulled down. I would say more complaints should be made to the RPG people hiring him as well as the comic book people, but I am not sure they would care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
Currently Playing 2 games: Star Wars Edge of the Empire and Labyrinth Lord (Barrowmaze)
mbmbmbmbmb
SteamCraft wrote:
mikelaff72 wrote:

Interesting read. I could not find the original GMS tweet, so it might have been pulled down. I would say more complaints should be made to the RPG people hiring him as well as the comic book people, but I am not sure they would care.

I think the number of people complaining or telling these companies WHY they are no longer buying their products has not reached a critical mass enough for the companies to care. Modiphius obviously doesn't care, even though I personally know several people (including myself) that have told them point blank what the issue is and why they will no longer be purchasing Modiphius products.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey you kids, get off my Avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
SteamCraft wrote:
I could not find the original GMS tweet

It looks like it was on Facebook.

While "fun", it's a tempest in a teapot. It's bravado from GMS, and Tenkar likely loved it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.J.
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SteamCraft wrote:
mikelaff72 wrote:

FFG via Asmodee NA basically said (paraphrasing, but the same tone) "We don't care what our creators do on their own time."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Hardy
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
M 121 wrote:
SteamCraft wrote:
mikelaff72 wrote:

FFG via Asmodee NA basically said (paraphrasing, but the same tone) "We don't care what our creators do on their own time."

Based on non-RPG examples, I suspect that things would need to be public to gather additional support/pile on. Social pressure only works when it is social. Social media can be effective, but often even that requires things to be taken to the next level. Some "reporting" would need to pick it up. For example, people say something on twitter, and then Icv2 reports on it. They might even contact that companies for comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Dee
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SteamCraft wrote:
M 121 wrote:
SteamCraft wrote:
mikelaff72 wrote:

Based on non-RPG examples, I suspect that things would need to be public to gather additional support/pile on. Social pressure only works when it is social. Social media can be effective, but often even that requires things to be taken to the next level. Some "reporting" would need to pick it up. For example, people say something on twitter, and then Icv2 reports on it. They might even contact that companies for comment.

And that's a slippery slope that we're already sliding down. I say this as a person that has skin in this particular project - I'm not willing for this example to add to that precedent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Hardy
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

I found a list of someone keeping track of all of the missed dates for Far West. I don't think it has been posted here yet:

https://www.mutedhorn.net/far-west-delivery-estimates

Currently, he stands at 71 out of 73 missed deadlines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Bailey
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
“I would have made this instrumental, but the words got in the way...” —XTC, “No Language in Our Lungs”
badge
“Self-discipline isn’t everything; look at Pol Pot.” —Helen Fielding, _Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason_
mbmbmbmbmb
SteamCraft wrote:
I found a list of someone keeping track of all of the missed dates for Far West. I don't think it has been posted here yet:

I'm pretty sure that link has been posted somewhere in the discussion (though possibly not in the "Part Two" iteration of the thread), for the simple reason that it's my page, and I tend to mention it. But thanks for the plug!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Hardy
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
trystero11 wrote:
SteamCraft wrote:

I'm pretty sure that link has been posted somewhere in the discussion (though possibly not in the "Part Two" iteration of the thread), for the simple reason that it's my page, and I tend to mention it. But thanks for the plug!

I am not sure if it was your page or not, but the only list I remember, the owner of the site let the domain expire. It was something like, whenwillfarwestbereleased.com or something like that.

I came across this link when doing a search for GMS twitter feed. It was like the third link of the list in the search engine. It did not look familiar, but it is likely it has been mentioned before and I missed it or forgot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Bailey
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
“I would have made this instrumental, but the words got in the way...” —XTC, “No Language in Our Lungs”
badge
“Self-discipline isn’t everything; look at Pol Pot.” —Helen Fielding, _Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason_
mbmbmbmbmb
SteamCraft wrote:
…the only list I remember, the owner of the site let the domain expire. It was something like, whenwillfarwestbereleased.com or something like that.

I think it was http://isfarwestoutyet.com (with Rat Queens art of someone laughing and saying, "Fuck, no").

I used to link to that page from my own, but once it went away I took the link out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  23 , 24 , 25 , 26 , 27  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.