The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Strange Adventures!: The House on Poplar Court
Acquisitions Incorporated
Deluxe Revised RECON
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Tales from the Loop
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
The Expanse Roleplaying Game
The Dark Side Sourcebook
Nocturnum: Master Collection
The Burning Wheel Fantasy Roleplaying System (Gold)
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Stranger Things Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Gunderholfen
Book 1: The War-Torn Kingdom
The Witchwar Legacy
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
The Strange
Hideous Creatures
Shadows Over Stillwater
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Over the Edge
The Extraction: An Adventure for Musketeers, 1628
The Desert Portal
Terror of the Stratosfiend #1.5
Freedom or Toaster
Brigands of Sherwood
Exalted Rulebook
Aftermath!
Call of Cthulhu (2nd Edition)
CDM1: The Halls of the Dwarven Kings
Sorcerer
Ghostwalk
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Lady Blackbird
GM Gems Volume 1: A Collection of Game Master Inspiration
Champions of Mystara: Heroes of the Princess Ark
The One Ring: Adventures over the Edge of the Wild
Numenera
Mythic Adventures
Hillfolk
Keeper Rulebook
Investigator Handbook
Lords of Gossamer & Shadow
Strategy Guide
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Princes of the Apocalypse
Dark Albion: The Rose War
KULT: Divinity Lost
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
733 Posts
[1]  Prev «  26 , 27 , 28 , 29 , 30  | 

RPG» Forums » Community » The Tavern

Subject: Far West Release Date Pool - Entries Closed - Part Two rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Hardy
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jcfiala wrote:
And, honestly, for me I don't care enough. I have the luxury of having only pledged $10, so it's easy for me to forgive the debt, but I don't want this project to kill the guy. He really doesn't have any easy escapes from this - even if he finishes it he doesn't have the money to print it for the people who backed the book for a print copy, I'm sure. I dunno, I suppose Adamant could declare bankruptcy, but he probably doesn't want to. It's sad.

He actually does have an easy way out. The statute of limitations for prosecution is over. While I suppose it may be possible to go after a civil charge against him, it is so not worth the cost. That might even be beyond the statute of limitations anyway. He cannot return to Kickstarter without fulfilling this project. But in reality, if he were to fulfill, it is not like he would get a second one funded anyway. Other companies still hire him no matter what GMS has said or done or really not done.

In other words, he can walk away from the project and it probably would not lead to any additional negative consequences. Maybe there are a few backers who believe him who would be disappointed, but I am pretty sure most people have written it off.

There are actually gains by walking away. He would not have the stress. He could work on other projects. Producing the PDF may help. He could get that out and have a sense of completion. He could sell it and make some money.

Of course, walking away years ago would have removed much of his self-inflicted wounds. He would probably still be able to work for C7 if he had instead of blaming them for him not finishing his work for him.

GMS still maintains that while the money is gone, he has an arrangement to complete the physical books. I do not think that has changed. But then that assumes there is truth behind that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Dee
msg tools
designer
Sometimes, you just have to roll it.
badge
Why are we in this handbasket, and where are we going?
mbmbmbmbmb
SteamCraft wrote:
jcfiala wrote:
And, honestly, for me I don't care enough. I have the luxury of having only pledged $10, so it's easy for me to forgive the debt, but I don't want this project to kill the guy. He really doesn't have any easy escapes from this - even if he finishes it he doesn't have the money to print it for the people who backed the book for a print copy, I'm sure. I dunno, I suppose Adamant could declare bankruptcy, but he probably doesn't want to. It's sad.

He actually does have an easy way out. The statute of limitations for prosecution is over. While I suppose it may be possible to go after a civil charge against him, it is so not worth the cost. That might even be beyond the statute of limitations anyway. He cannot return to Kickstarter without fulfilling this project. But in reality, if he were to fulfill, it is not like he would get a second one funded anyway. Other companies still hire him no matter what GMS has said or done or really not done.

In other words, he can walk away from the project and it probably would not lead to any additional negative consequences. Maybe there are a few backers who believe him who would be disappointed, but I am pretty sure most people have written it off.

There are actually gains by walking away. He would not have the stress. He could work on other projects. Producing the PDF may help. He could get that out and have a sense of completion. He could sell it and make some money.

Of course, walking away years ago would have removed much of his self-inflicted wounds. He would probably still be able to work for C7 if he had instead of blaming them for him not finishing his work for him.

GMS still maintains that while the money is gone, he has an arrangement to complete the physical books. I do not think that has changed. But then that assumes there is truth behind that.

Is the statute of limitations from the date of the project close? Or another date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.J.
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord Hobie wrote:
I suspect employment in Hollywood was his endgame all along, and probably where a good chunk of the money was spent.

By all that may be holy... He can't handle the stress of the gaming community already, I can't imagine how rapidly every aspect of his being will wither and die in Hollywood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm not sure what backers are so upset about. After all, it's their fault he hasn't delivered:

https://twitter.com/gmskarka/status/1125188245267058688

See, it's all down to the fans' "toxic entitlement."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Savage Josh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean, how dare people that paid him to do something want that thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Bailey
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
“I would have made this instrumental, but the words got in the way...” —XTC, “No Language in Our Lungs”
badge
“Self-discipline isn’t everything; look at Pol Pot.” —Helen Fielding, _Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason_
mbmbmbmbmb
dwarfelf wrote:
I'm not sure what backers are so upset about. After all, it's their fault he hasn't delivered:

Somewhere in the replies to the original tweet, there's this: "The fans smother the goose that lays the golden eggs."

Or, in GMS' case, the goose that has been just about to lay a golden egg for seven-plus years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Dee
msg tools
designer
Sometimes, you just have to roll it.
badge
Why are we in this handbasket, and where are we going?
mbmbmbmbmb
trystero11 wrote:
dwarfelf wrote:

Somewhere in the replies to the original tweet, there's this: "The fans smother the goose that lays the golden eggs."

Or, in GMS' case, the goose that has been just about to lay a golden egg for seven-plus years.

The goose must have a bad case of constipation. Which would be fair, because he's inspiring all sorts of illness in his backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Hardy
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like GMS lost another faithful backer, not that it will affect anything.

Quote:
Joseph Boster
18 days ago

I used to believe in this guy. I was wrong. This damn project is never coming out. Just give us refunds and stop pretending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  26 , 27 , 28 , 29 , 30  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.