The Starship From Hell
Realms of Terrinoth
Swordthrust
The One Ring: Adventures over the Edge of the Wild
Fate Core System
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
The End of the World: Wrath of the Gods
Wet Hot American Summer: Fantasy Camp
Being a role-playing game on the topic of the High-Flying adventures of Beatrice Henrietta Bristol-Smythe, DBE, daring Aviatrix and accomplished Exploratrix, and her Gentleman Companion, who for a Modest Fee, accompanies Beatrice ... [truncated]
The Final Bug
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Mutant: Year Zero Core Book
Lone Wolf Adventure Game
Starfinder Core Rulebook
Starfinder Pact Worlds
Dark Terrors
Ruins of Matolo: Discovery
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
Middle-earth Role Playing (1st Edition)
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
Star Trek: The Role Playing Game Second Edition
Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space – The Roleplaying Game (10th Doctor)
Cthulhu Britannica: Avalon: The County of Somerset
Mini Six Bare Bones Edition
Numenera
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Strategy Guide
Out of the Abyss
Leagues of Gothic Horror
Tales from the Yawning Portal
Tales from the Loop
Adventures in Reasoning: Communal Inquiry through Fantasy Role-Play
FateShoe
Players Handbook (AD&D 1e)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness
One of the Living
AMBER Diceless Role-Playing
Omlevex
Road Hogs
Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition
Old World Bestiary
Dread
Chivalry & Sorcery: Warfare & Wizardry in the Feudal Age
Thieves' World
Paranoia (Mongoose Edition)
Book 38: Vault of the Vampire
Adventure 09: Nomads of the World-Ocean
My Life with Master
The Zantabulous Zorcerer of Zo
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
255 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [11] | 

Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Adventures in Middle Earth PbF OOC Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
I have most of my history/bio done...will need to tie in my background to it but haven't nailed which background I'm running with quite yet...

Got a good bit done on my character sheet...need to add my background there as well...and nail my equipment and purchases down. Are we allowed to sell some of the starting equipment back for half price?

That is fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Riston
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First crack at my bio was posted on roll20. I tried to piece the disparate bits together (thanks guys!). Let me know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder again that if you don't want to input info on the Roll20 page for whatever reason, you can post it here and I will do it (as I am very experienced with it and it might take me less time than for a newbie to do it). If you enjoy doing it, have at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ristonj wrote:
First crack at my bio was posted on roll20. I tried to piece the disparate bits together (thanks guys!). Let me know what you think.

Reminder to cut and paste the bio to the bio page in addition to the "front" page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
I have most of my history/bio done...will need to tie in my background to it but haven't nailed which background I'm running with quite yet...

Hey Mitch, I named my character Inglorion, which means "son of Inglor" in Sindarin. So if you don't mind, our Dad's name is Inglor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:
esirof wrote:
Just checking in after a busy 24hours or so around the 4th. I've been working on a build for my Barding Finn son of Finnius and I'll plug away during breaks at work today. I hope to post something for you to comment on by tonight.

I'm a little torn on class. Being in the watch it would seem a Warrior Knight is the obvious choice. But I wonder if a Warden build, maybe Herald, offers a more nuanced path for developing this young character and having him come into his own.

We do have two wardens already. No rule against having three, but sometimes that variety adds something to the game. I think you could justify anything for your character. Even something like a scholar could fit if you wanted to think of him as being thrown into the watch based on his lineage, while not really fitting in as a warrior. Bottom line...play what inspires you.

No need to be a warden then. I agree that variety is better. I just want to find a less martial angle for him to excel. I hadn't considered a scholar, but that could be fun. He's thrown into the watch and because of his name and connections, he has a modest rank, but a role that let's him have some bluster while slightly skirting the need to display his lack of skill. It feeds his young ego, etc. I'll play with this a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elf starting silver pennies 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 = (2) + (3) + (6) = 11
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1115142. Magellan1
  • 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (2) + (3) + (6) =
  • Elf starting silver pennies
  • Wed Jul 5, 2017 6:58 pm
Joe D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rolling my qualites, hopes, etc. randomly. Kinda more fun that way.

Distinctive quality 1d8 = (2) = 2
Specialty 1d6 = (4) = 4
Hope 1d6 = (1) = 1
Despair 1d6 = (2) = 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1115171. Magellan1
  • 1d8 =
  • (2) =
  • Distinctive quality
  • Wed Jul 5, 2017 7:46 pm
  • [+]
  • 1115172. Magellan1
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • Specialty
  • Wed Jul 5, 2017 7:47 pm
  • [+]
  • 1115173. Magellan1
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • Hope
  • [+]
  • 1115174. Magellan1
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • Despair
Joe D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Distinctive quality 2 - Determined: You will let nothing get in the way between you and the fulfillment of your dream, whatever it may be

Specialty 4 - Rhymes of Lore - you have been collecting various verses in the hopes that you can stitch together the meaning of your dreams.

Hope 1 - When I resolve what my dreams are telling me, I shall finally be at peace

Despair 2 - I believe my dreams are being fed by the Shadow, they are leading me to my doom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trading my corslet of mail for a leather corslet, if that's OK. My dex bonus is high, so the mail is pretty limiting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magellan1 wrote:
Distinctive quality 2 - Determined: You will let nothing get in the way between you and the fulfillment of your dream, whatever it may be

Specialty 4 - Rhymes of Lore - you have been collecting various verses in the hopes that you can stitch together the meaning of your dreams.

Hope 1 - When I resolve what my dreams are telling me, I shall finally be at peace

Despair 2 - I believe my dreams are being fed by the Shadow, they are leading me to my doom.

If those work for your character, go for it. If it just doesn't work based on what you/we have come up with, feel free to tweak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magellan1 wrote:
I'm trading my corslet of mail for a leather corslet, if that's OK. My dex bonus is high, so the mail is pretty limiting.

No problem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe. I moved a few things around on your page (mainly updated your equipment list).

A couple things:

There is no broadsword in 5e, so your broadsword is listed as a long sword. The damage is the same. The only difference is that it has the finesse attribute rather than versatile. I have made the adjustments in your attack work space to reflect this.

I have also already accounted for your bonus damage thanks to your Dueling fighting style.

Bottom line is that you shouldn't have to add any modifiers to what is listed, as everything is accounted for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:
Joe. I moved a few things around on your page (mainly updated your equipment list).

A couple things:

There is no broadsword in 5e, so your broadsword is listed as a long sword. The damage is the same. The only difference is that it has the finesse attribute rather than versatile. I have made the adjustments in your attack work space to reflect this.

I have also already accounted for your bonus damage thanks to your Dueling fighting style.

Bottom line is that you shouldn't have to add any modifiers to what is listed, as everything is accounted for.

Thanks Paul!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:

A couple things:

Since daggers are also finesse, can I just manually change the ATK bonus from +2 to +6 for the dagger? Also, my 18 AC includes my shield, but when I'm not using it (like if I'm using a bow) it's 16, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magellan1 wrote:
badgermaniac wrote:

A couple things:

Since daggers are also finesse, can I just manually change the ATK bonus from +2 to +6 for the dagger? Also, my 18 AC includes my shield, but when I'm not using it (like if I'm using a bow) it's 16, correct?

Joe just change the modifier in the attack block for the dagger from STR to DEX and it should do the rest...

After much selling and buying think I'm set equipment-wise...Paul you might want to double check me...

I think all I have left to do now is my background skills...should have that done tonight...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mitch, what do you think about our characters looking similar vs. looking different?

These are the two pics I was thinking of using..... one looks a lot like your avatar, one doesn't.

If you have an idea one way or another let's go with that. Otherwise I'm leaning towards the brown haired fellow, since he looks a bit more like a warrior than the blonde (who looks more like a ranger to me)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Think that looks great Joe. We'll have that family resemblance and look similar but not identical...plus your avatar has that determined look of duty and responsibility...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
Think that looks great Joe. We'll have that family resemblance and look similar but not identical...plus your avatar has that determined look of duty and responsibility...

I concur. As usual we are on the same page. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:

How'd you get your avatar on the square on the lower left by your name? Mine still looks like a Christmas themed QR code. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magellan1 wrote:
otha62 wrote:

How'd you get your avatar on the square on the lower left by your name? Mine still looks like a Christmas themed QR code. lol

If I recall correctly, there were two different places to import an image...in your profile and on your bio page...I think the profile one is what changes it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
Magellan1 wrote:
otha62 wrote:

If I recall correctly, there were two different places to import an image...in your profile and on your bio page...I think the profile one is what changes it...

Ok thanks. I'll check it out when I get a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magellan1 wrote:
Mitch, what do you think about our characters looking similar vs. looking different?

These are the two pics I was thinking of using..... one looks a lot like your avatar, one doesn't.

If you have an idea one way or another let's go with that. Otherwise I'm leaning towards the brown haired fellow, since he looks a bit more like a warrior than the blonde (who looks more like a ranger to me)

I am curious if you know who are those characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The top one is either Elrohir or Elladan...I get those two confused...

I think the bottom one is one of Haldir's brothers...Orophin, perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magellan1 wrote:
badgermaniac wrote:

A couple things:

1. Already changed your dagger to DEX based.

2. Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.