Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition
Maze of the Blue Medusa
Gamma World: Gamma Knights
Star Trek Adventures Core Book
Petty Gods
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Masks of Nyarlathotep (5th edition)
Prince Valiant: The Storytelling Game
Masks of Nyarlathotep (3rd & 4th edition)
The Great Pendragon Campaign
Fiasco
Class Warfare
The Death Knight's Squire: A 5E Solo Gamebook
Kids on Bikes
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
Prince Valiant Episode Book
Ironsworn
Fury
Fantasy World Creator
Tunnels & Trolls Rulebook (5th Edition)
Delta Green
Countdown
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (Second Edition)
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
S4: The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth
Eclipse Phase Core Rulebook
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Stonehell Dungeon: Down Night-Haunted Halls
The Quiet Year
Fate Accelerated
Mutant: Year Zero Core Book
The End of the World: Revolt of the Machines
Unbound
Paranoia: Red Clearance Edition
Spire
Distant Realms
Toys in the Attic
Original Adventures Reincarnated #1: Into the Borderlands
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
Eldritch Cock
Kids on Bikes (Free RPG Day Edition)
Beta Quadrant Sourcebook
Recoursing Euclid
Cosmic Pilgrims
Dead for the Living
Triumph of Death
Fiend Folio
Spirit of the Century
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
282 Posts
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [12] | 

Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Adventures in Middle Earth PbF OOC Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
mbmbmbmbmb
vilainn6 wrote:

I am curious if you know who are those characters.

Nope I don't. I'll go with Mitch's answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hoping that everyone can be done with their characters by this weekend, as I would like to start the game on Monday.

Last I checked, some of you were mostly done and a few needed some more work. In particular, I really want those backround stories written up, as I would like to use them as much as possible to really immerse your characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
The top one is either Elrohir or Elladan...I get those two confused...

I think the bottom one is one of Haldir's brothers...Orophin, perhaps?

The top one is Elrohir. I too confuse both illustrations all the time.
The second one is indeed Orophin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:
I am hoping that everyone can be done with their characters by this weekend, as I would like to start the game on Monday.

Last I checked, some of you were mostly done and a few needed some more work. In particular, I really want those backround stories written up, as I would like to use them as much as possible to really immerse your characters.

Hey Paul, just finished up my character...I think. If you could check out my character, at your leisure, and see if there's anything I got wrong or need to tweak, just let me know...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You and me...We're in this together now...None of them can stop us now...We will make it through somehow
mbmb
badgermaniac wrote:

I'm plugging away at my end while I'm on the road for work. I'll write up my notes for the background into some proper prose and post them here by tonight. I'll have no problem getting the rest of the character stuff posted up during the weekend. Finn son of Finnulf looks forward to making your acquaintance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My character is done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question as I couldn't seem to find it in the AiME 5e guide. Does your intelligence bonus grant you extra language(s)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
Quick question as I couldn't seem to find it in the AiME 5e guide. Does your intelligence bonus grant you extra language(s)?

No. Your race/culture and background are it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:

How are we looking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You and me...We're in this together now...None of them can stop us now...We will make it through somehow
mbmb
I'm a bit behind schedule but running hard to catch up. I sent Paul a link to a google doc with background last night. I've got notes for the rest and should be able to pull it all together later tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beran and Inglorion also need BIO page(s) filled out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:

Should have that done by tomorrow night probably. Tuesday at the latest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Finn the Barding's rolls

4d6l = (6 + 2 + 6 + 4) = 16
4d6l = (5 + 2 + 5 + 1) = 12
4d6l = (3 + 5 + 3 + 1) = 11
4d6l = (2 + 4 + 4 + 4) = 12
4d6l = (2 + 4 + 5 + 3) = 12
4d6l = (5 + 2 + 6 + 6) = 17

Starting silver pennies 5d6 = (3 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 2) = 14
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1117062. esirof
  • 4d6l =
  • (6 + 2 + 6 + 4) =
  • Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:32 pm
  • [+]
  • 1117063. esirof
  • 4d6l =
  • (5 + 2 + 5 + 1) =
  • Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:33 pm
  • [+]
  • 1117064. esirof
  • 4d6l =
  • (3 + 5 + 3 + 1) =
  • [+]
  • 1117065. esirof
  • 4d6l =
  • (2 + 4 + 4 + 4) =
  • [+]
  • 1117066. esirof
  • 4d6l =
  • (2 + 4 + 5 + 3) =
  • [+]
  • 1117067. esirof
  • 4d6l =
  • (5 + 2 + 6 + 6) =
  • [+]
  • 1117265. esirof
  • 5d6 =
  • (3 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 2) =
  • Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:22 pm
Adam H
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:

I can only see the bio page with the background How do I get to the other pages?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FoggyPlanet wrote:
badgermaniac wrote:

I can only see the bio page with the background How do I get to the other pages?

Click on the Character Sheet tab. Then over on the upper right part of the sheet, just under "Experience Points" click BIO; the lower left portion is labeled "Character Backstory"...there's also an area above that, "Patrons and Sanctuaries", that I expounded on a little bit...the others I left blank...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esirof wrote:
Finn the Barding's rolls

esirof previously rolled 4d6l = (6 + 2 + 6 + 4) = 16
esirof previously rolled 4d6l = (5 + 2 + 5 + 1) = 12
esirof previously rolled 4d6l = (3 + 5 + 3 + 1) = 11
esirof previously rolled 4d6l = (2 + 4 + 4 + 4) = 12
esirof previously rolled 4d6l = (2 + 4 + 5 + 3) = 12
esirof previously rolled 4d6l = (5 + 2 + 6 + 6) = 17

Starting silver pennies esirof previously rolled 5d6 = (3 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 2) = 14

Gunky-looked over your sheet and most things looked good. Looks like you missed your Hands of a Healer and Tongues of Many People ability.

In your features area, I took out the things that did things like add +1 to your core attributes since they aren't really options for you to use in the game. Instead, I put them on the bio page, where there is a spot for other features. This is where I like to keep the "how I got here" stuff that is not really usable once you have it.

There were also a few minor things like your AC was off by 1 (actually 1 better than what you had). I also changed your staff to a quarterstaff, since that is the type of staff that is usable as a weapon. The other was basically a walking stick. I am also itemizing your traveling gear.

I am glad someone chose the scholar class, as I am excited to see it in action. Great roleplay/support class...just lousy at fighting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like everyone is either done or almost ready to go, so look for the first in-game post tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Paul, I just logged onto Roll20 to work on my bio... and noticed that my character sheet is totally blank now (other than name). I don't know much about Roll20, any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mitch, was reading your bio.... did you pick "the harrowed" as your background too? If so, I didn't realize you picked it when I was picking a background. Great minds think alike I guess! LOL

This would actually work out pretty well character-wise if we're both plagued by similar, though slightly different dreams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magellan1 wrote:
Hey Paul, I just logged onto Roll20 to work on my bio... and noticed that my character sheet is totally blank now (other than name). I don't know much about Roll20, any ideas?

:(

There are a couple tabs. What you are looking as is the bio page (red tab). If you click the CORE tab right next to it, it will take you to the your main page. The bio page is what a few people have not completed yet, most likely because they didn't know it was there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:
Magellan1 wrote:

There are a couple tabs. What you are looking as is the bio page (red tab). If you click the CORE tab right next to it, it will take you to the your main page. The bio page is what a few people have not completed yet, most likely because they didn't know it was there.

Thanks! I was about to freak out. LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first In-Character thread has begun. Head over, subscribe, and post whenever ready. While I would like a post per day, I have some time in the summer so I will be checking in often, so I will move as quickly as the group desires.

https://rpggeek.com/article/26344807#26344807

The other question I have for you is whether you want to handle updates to your character sheets or whether you want me to. When we level up, that will be your job to do, but I am talking about things like use of Inspiration, HP count, uses of their virtues, etc.

Some players would prefer not to worry about it, in which case I am happy to do it. Others like to keep control over their own page. I am fine either way, but we need to agree one way or the other as a group.

One of my goals this campaign is the do a better job of rewarding Inspiration. I have given everyone Inspiration to begin, reflecting their current state of mind. I would encourage you to use it often, as I would like to reward it often for great roleplaying in general, playing to your character's personality (esp. their faults, fears, etc.) I would also encourage you to nominate fellow players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Riston
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would slightly prefer keeping track of my own stats but I don't really mind either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ristonj wrote:
I would slightly prefer keeping track of my own stats but I don't really mind either way.

Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
badgermaniac wrote:

Gunky-looked over your sheet and most things looked good. Looks like you missed your Hands of a Healer and Tongues of Many People ability.

In your features area, I took out the things that did things like add +1 to your core attributes since they aren't really options for you to use in the game. Instead, I put them on the bio page, where there is a spot for other features. This is where I like to keep the "how I got here" stuff that is not really usable once you have it.

There were also a few minor things like your AC was off by 1 (actually 1 better than what you had). I also changed your staff to a quarterstaff, since that is the type of staff that is usable as a weapon. The other was basically a walking stick. I am also itemizing your traveling gear.

I am glad someone chose the scholar class, as I am excited to see it in action. Great roleplay/support class...just lousy at fighting.

Thank you for catching my errors! I am excited and nervous for the challenge of playing the scholar.

I'd welcome a bit of help with bookkeeping the character, if you don't mind. I'm on the road quite a bit this summer and plugging stuff into BGG via phone can be a challenge. But if everyone else wants to handle it themselves, I'm happy to do it.

I'll pop into the game thread when I get to my hotel this evening.

Thanks for everything!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.