Scarlet Heroes
Genesys Core Rulebook
James Bond 007
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Tomb of Annihilation
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
Wizards
Trail of Cthulhu
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (First Edition)
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Fiasco
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide
Unearthed Arcana
AMBER Diceless Role-Playing
RuneQuest (2nd Edition)
Star Wars Roleplaying Game: Revised Core Rulebook
Spirit of the Century
Hârn Regional Module
Burros & Bandidos
Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai
Universe (2nd Edition)
Dream Park
The Wheel of Time
Space Opera
Forgotten Realms Campaign Set
Apocalypse World
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game
Fate Core System
The Quiet Year
Numeria, Land of Fallen Stars
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Monster of the Week (Revised)
Blades in the Dark
Crypt of Veritas
Star Trek Adventures Core Book
Adventurer's Companion
The Princess Bride Roleplaying Game
Bree
Xanathar's Guide to Everything
Infinity the Roleplaying Game Corebook
Our American Cousins
Cypher System Rules Primer
Star Frontiers
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
232 Posts
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [10] | 

Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Adventures in Middle Earth PbF OOC Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:
The other question I have for you is whether you want to handle updates to your character sheets or whether you want me to. When we level up, that will be your job to do, but I am talking about things like use of Inspiration, HP count, uses of their virtues, etc.

Some players would prefer not to worry about it, in which case I am happy to do it. Others like to keep control over their own page. I am fine either way, but we need to agree one way or the other as a group.

Whatever is easiest/best for you is fine by me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esirof wrote:
I'd welcome a bit of help with bookkeeping the character, if you don't mind. I'm on the road quite a bit this summer and plugging stuff into BGG via phone can be a challenge. But if everyone else wants to handle it themselves, I'm happy to do it.

Same for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can keep track of my stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm...that is a couple who would prefer to do it on their own, a couple who would prefer I do it, and a couple who are fine either way.

LOL...not what I was looking for. Let me give it some thought.

I will say that my experience is that there are always players who mean well, but they make a quick post on the go or whatever and don't have easy access to their sheet (as in a live game) and therefore forget to do it. Players almost always have errors in their HP, how many spell slots were used, etc.

I have yet to find a great solution since Play by Forum games are, by their nature, harder to keep track of things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:
Hmmmm...that is a couple who would prefer to do it on their own, a couple who would prefer I do it, and a couple who are fine either way.

I will say that my experience is that there are always players who mean well, but they make a quick post on the go or whatever and don't have easy access to their sheet (as in a live game) and therefore forget to do it. Players almost always have errors in their HP, how many spell slots were used, etc.

I have yet to find a great solution since Play by Forum games are, by their nature, harder to keep track of things.

I use a stat-line at the top of my posts and I can update my hit points there...I don't mind updating my Roll20 stat sheet but, while I can occasionally post on BGG at work during the day, the Roll20 site is blocked so I'd have to wait till I was at home otherwise...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Where is your rope?
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:

whistle

One thought--if you are going to do tracking anyway on the assumption that players get it wrong, what about keeping everyone's basic stats in a single simple google sheet? You could give us view access and retain edit access for yourself. We can handle entering the info on our character sheets and have responsibility for keeping them up to date, but have your info to verify things. Not looking to make more work for you, but this might make sense if you are going to track anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:

Paul, if you think it's better (more accurate) for you as the GM to track our stats, I'm totally fine with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esirof wrote:
badgermaniac wrote:

:whistle:

One thought--if you are going to do tracking anyway on the assumption that players get it wrong, what about keeping everyone's basic stats in a single simple google sheet? You could give us view access and retain edit access for yourself. We can handle entering the info on our character sheets and have responsibility for keeping them up to date, but have your info to verify things. Not looking to make more work for you, but this might make sense if you are going to track anyway.

Thanks for the idea, but as you inferred...more work. In the past, I have used Roll20 as my record keeping and not given access to the players (who have used the standard geeklist). I was just looking for a way to cut down on the busywork for the players by letting them create characters on Roll20.

To be honest, there really isn't that much updating to be done, so I don't think it is a big deal either way. I am going to let those players that want to do it, do it. Those who don't want to bother or don't have access, I will do it.

So far, we had two players that wanted me to do it. I will just put a sticky note by my computer and handle it. Those who want to do their own, go for it. If you find it too much work, just let me know and I will add it to my list. To the players that didn't care, just pick a side and we will go from there.

As I noted, there really isn't much to update. Even things like torches/rations/arrows left are things that I don't worry about. If you want to update them, go ahead, but doesn't matter too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have John, Joe, and Alex that would like to handle it on their own.

Gunky and Adam, I will take care of.

Mitch...just let me know either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:
esirof wrote:
badgermaniac wrote:

whistle

Thanks for the idea, but as you inferred...more work. In the past, I have used Roll20 as my record keeping and not given access to the players (who have used the standard geeklist). I was just looking for a way to cut down on the busywork for the players by letting them create characters on Roll20.

To be honest, there really isn't that much updating to be done, so I don't think it is a big deal either way. I am going to let those players that want to do it, do it. Those who don't want to bother or don't have access, I will do it.

So far, we had two players that wanted me to do it. I will just put a sticky note by my computer and handle it. Those who want to do their own, go for it. If you find it too much work, just let me know and I will add it to my list. To the players that didn't care, just pick a side and we will go from there.

As I noted, there really isn't much to update. Even things like torches/rations/arrows left are things that I don't worry about. If you want to update them, go ahead, but doesn't matter too much.

It really doesn't matter to me. If you think it's better, and if it's not too much extra work, then by all means I don't mind at all if you do it Paul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an FYI, but if you are interested in purchasing the AIME Loremaster's Guide, it is part of the daily sale (today only) on CoolStuffInc.com for only $19.99.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:
Just an FYI, but if you are interested in purchasing the AIME Loremaster's Guide, it is part of the daily sale (today only) on CoolStuffInc.com for only $19.99.

I already have it, but that's a really great deal guys! Thanks for sharing Paul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Where is your rope?
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to export a character sheet from roll20? I'd love to paste the sheet here for handy reference. roll20 isn't compatible with my phone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esirof wrote:
Is there a way to export a character sheet from roll20? I'd love to paste the sheet here for handy reference. roll20 isn't compatible with my phone.

Not that I know of. You can make it a popout/separate window. From there, I suppose you could screen shot it and paste it as an image file.

Other than that, I have nothing for you other than just writing it up manually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Where is your rope?
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. Thanks. Just figured I'd check. Now that I think about it, all I really need to do is correct that google doc I shared with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Where is your rope?
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul - in cleaning up my character sheet, did you intentionally remove the scholar features (Hands of a Healer, News from Afar, Tongues of Many Peoples) or am I just not finding them?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esirof wrote:
Paul - in cleaning up my character sheet, did you intentionally remove the scholar features (Hands of a Healer, News from Afar, Tongues of Many Peoples) or am I just not finding them?

Thanks.

I cleaned up anything that did not have a "use". In other words, if your ability added 1 to your STR or whatever that isn't something you actively use, so I took those those away.

In your case, Hands of a Healer wasn't there at all until I added it (and it is still there).

Tongues of Many People is in your Language Proficeencies.

I did not do anything with News from Afar..so no idea what happened there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Where is your rope?
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:
esirof wrote:

Thanks.

I cleaned up anything that did not have a "use". In other words, if your ability added 1 to your STR or whatever that isn't something you actively use, so I took those those away.

In your case, Hands of a Healer wasn't there at all until I added it (and it is still there).

Tongues of Many People is in your Language Proficeencies.

I did not do anything with News from Afar..so no idea what happened there.

OK. Thanks for clarifying. I just wanted to be sure you hadn't ruled any of them away. I like to keep the text of those things with my character sheet as reference material--I think they are handy guides when thinking about how to play the character. I won't clutter up the roll20 sheet with the info, but I can paste it into the duplicate I want to keep for easier reference on the go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Where is your rope?
mbmbmbmbmb
Should Finn have some kind of physical item that reflects the "Sigil of Your Master" feature? Folks aren't going to recognize him on sight, so I think he needs something that identifies him as an emissary. It doesn't have to be fancy, just handy--a "challenge coin," an armband, a buckle, etc.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esirof wrote:
Should Finn have some kind of physical item that reflects the "Sigil of Your Master" feature? Folks aren't going to recognize him on sight, so I think he needs something that identifies him as an emissary. It doesn't have to be fancy, just handy--a "challenge coin," an armband, a buckle, etc.

Thoughts?

Your call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Where is your rope?
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:
esirof wrote:

Thoughts?

Your call.

He'll wear a cloak buckle bearing the official seal of the King of Dale. Visible and practical. It can take the place of the amulet he has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick FYI. I am heading out of state tomorrow for a long weekend (daughter playing at softball nationals) so I don't know what I will have for time between now and Sunday evening. I will jump in when I can, but I would expect my online presence to be sparse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Where is your rope?
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome...Good luck to your daughter and her team!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:
Just a quick FYI. I am heading out of state tomorrow for a long weekend (daughter playing at softball nationals) so I don't know what I will have for time between now and Sunday evening. I will jump in when I can, but I would expect my online presence to be sparse.

Awesome, indeed. Softball tournaments...ah, those were the days. Played a lot of softball back in the day and I loved those weekend tournaments, playing ball all day long. I'm assuming she's playing fast pitch?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
badgermaniac wrote:

Awesome, indeed. Softball tournaments...ah, those were the days. Played a lot of softball back in the day and I loved those weekend tournaments, playing ball all day long. I'm assuming she's playing fast pitch?

Correct. 12u.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.