Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition
Maze of the Blue Medusa
Gamma World: Gamma Knights
Star Trek Adventures Core Book
Petty Gods
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Masks of Nyarlathotep (5th edition)
Prince Valiant: The Storytelling Game
Masks of Nyarlathotep (3rd & 4th edition)
The Great Pendragon Campaign
Fiasco
Class Warfare
The Death Knight's Squire: A 5E Solo Gamebook
Kids on Bikes
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
Prince Valiant Episode Book
Ironsworn
Fury
Fantasy World Creator
Tunnels & Trolls Rulebook (5th Edition)
Delta Green
Countdown
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (Second Edition)
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
S4: The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth
Eclipse Phase Core Rulebook
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Stonehell Dungeon: Down Night-Haunted Halls
The Quiet Year
Fate Accelerated
Mutant: Year Zero Core Book
The End of the World: Revolt of the Machines
Unbound
Paranoia: Red Clearance Edition
Spire
Distant Realms
Toys in the Attic
Original Adventures Reincarnated #1: Into the Borderlands
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
Eldritch Cock
Kids on Bikes (Free RPG Day Edition)
Beta Quadrant Sourcebook
Recoursing Euclid
Cosmic Pilgrims
Dead for the Living
Triumph of Death
Fiend Folio
Spirit of the Century
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
282 Posts
[1]  Prev «  6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10  Next »  [12] | 

Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Adventures in Middle Earth PbF OOC Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck to your daughter's team!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couple things. First, I just wanted to voice how much I like the Corruption mechanic, as I think it will make players think about the morality of their choices, which is very thematic to Tolkien. While there are times when violence is required, I think the mechanic has the capacity to require players to think about alternatives to "see enemy, kill enemy."

Secondly, I forgot to mention that after your encounter with the dogs, everyone may level up to 2nd level.

If you could, please make a post in this thread summarizing your new features. You don't need to list the entire ability, but just by name. For HP, you may roll here (if you don't take the default.)

For those that want me to update their character sheets, just let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:
Couple things. First, I just wanted to voice how much I like the Corruption mechanic, as I think it will make players think about the morality of their choices, which is very thematic to Tolkien. While there are times when violence is required, I think the mechanic has the capacity to require players to think about alternatives to "see enemy, kill enemy."

Secondly, I forgot to mention that after your encounter with the dogs, everyone may level up to 2nd level.

If you could, please make a post in this thread summarizing your new features. You don't need to list the entire ability, but just by name. For HP, you may roll here (if you don't take the default.)

Yeah, that's gonna make me more gunshy for sure...figured a kidnapper/mugger would be fair game and didn't want to let him get a shout out to his comrades...as a tracker/hunter of sorts, thought he acted accordingly...maybe not the most moral choice but I didn't see it as immoral...gonna be interesting...

I'll level up before I post in the main thread...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
badgermaniac wrote:

Yeah, that's gonna make me more gunshy for sure...figured a kidnapper/mugger would be fair game and didn't want to let him get a shout out to his comrades...maybe not the most moral choice but I didn't see it as immoral...

Yeah, it is a tricky slope and one that I will feel out as we go. My thinking was that there had not been over aggression shown yet and you really didn't know the story of the guy you killed. How deeply was he involved? Was he being forced to participate? Maybe he was the moral center of the group? Nobody was in direct peril at the moment. Now, maybe he was scum and deserved to eat it, but you really didn't have enough info to go on to make it easily justified.

Remember that during the Fellowship Phase, characters will have the opportunity to heal corruption, so this is more of a running total.

As noted, I like how it forces players to reconsider common hack-slash RPG tropes: see monster, kill monster, steal all the treasure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Riston
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HP roll: 1d8 = (5) = 5

Character sheet updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1134251. ristonj
  • 1d8 =
  • (5) =
  • Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:51 am
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ristonj wrote:
HP roll: ristonj previously rolled 1d8 = (5) = 5

Character sheet updated.

Remember to list what features are added. So, in your case, you would list Cunning Action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You and me...We're in this together now...None of them can stop us now...We will make it through somehow
mbmb
Just saw this. I'll take care of this first thing in the morning. I'm totally shot. snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Riston
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put it on the character sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:

I am not really affraid. It had little effects in the original game, I doubt that change in this one.

Warden Feature for level 2:

Jack of all trades

Campfire tales

HP: +8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You and me...We're in this together now...None of them can stop us now...We will make it through somehow
mbmb
Paul - If you wouldn't mind adding to my character sheet? I'll spend some time with roll20 this weekend so I'm better versed in the character sheet.

Finn Scholar features for level 2:

HP: +6 (default 5 +1 mod)

The Path of Wisdom (Medicine and Perception proficiency bonus doubled for checks on either)

Hands of Healer (gains another 1d8 healing die per scholar lvl, so now has 2 although one has been used)

**Just an aside, but Finn's lack of a healer's or herbalism kit seems like a gross oversight on my part

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Think I've got everything added to my sheet but not sure...

+8 HP (default 6 + 2)

Chose Archery Path (+2 to ranged shots)

I think that was about it though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Character Level Up:

Beran
Bill
Carl
Deaforth
Finn
Inglorion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esirof wrote:
Paul - If you wouldn't mind adding to my character sheet? I'll spend some time with roll20 this weekend so I'm better versed in the character sheet.

Finn Scholar features for level 2:

HP: +6 (default 5 +1 mod)

The Path of Wisdom (Medicine and Perception proficiency bonus doubled for checks on either)

Hands of Healer (gains another 1d8 healing die per scholar lvl, so now has 2 although one has been used)

**Just an aside, but Finn's lack of a healer's or herbalism kit seems like a gross oversight on my part

All done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Riston
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to be out of town until Wednesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the delay, been pretty busy the last few days.

Hit point increase roll 1d10+1 = (1) + 1 = 2

Action Surge: On your turn, take one additional action on top of regular action (and possible bonus action). Alternatively, if you spend inspiration you may give Surge to nearby action as a reaction. Ally must use Surge immediately. Must finish short or long rest to use again.

Uggghhh that HP roll. A 1 on a d10.

Paul if you'd like to update my Roll20 sheet that would be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1136497. Magellan1
  • 1d10+1 =
  • (1) + 1 =
  • Hit point increase roll
  • Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:29 pm
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magellan1 wrote:
Sorry for the delay, been pretty busy the last few days.

Magellan1 previously rolled 1d10+1 = (1) + 1 = 2 (Hit point increase roll)

Action Surge: On your turn, take one additional action on top of regular action (and possible bonus action). Alternatively, if you spend inspiration you may give Surge to nearby action as a reaction. Ally must use Surge immediately. Must finish short or long rest to use again.

Uggghhh that HP roll. A 1 on a d10. :p

Paul if you'd like to update my Roll20 sheet that would be awesome.

Done...just need Beran.

No need to wait....just continue on in the main thread. He will catch up when he can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for Beran.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Hey All -
Sorry for the lack of posts. Didn't realize the vacation house wouldn't have wifi. Back this evening. Will read the past few days of threads and loop Finn back in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry for not keeping up, and I just let Paul know, but things got really busy for me at work and home right after we started the game. I had to unexpectedly move and change my work location/position. With how crazy things are it would probably be best if I didn't continue with the game. I'm sorry to drop out on you guys. I really liked how things were going so far, but I probably won't be able to keep up. I hope you guys have fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FoggyPlanet wrote:
I'm sorry for not keeping up, and I just let Paul know, but things got really busy for me at work and home right after we started the game. I had to unexpectedly move and change my work location/position. With how crazy things are it would probably be best if I didn't continue with the game. I'm sorry to drop out on you guys. I really liked how things were going so far, but I probably won't be able to keep up. I hope you guys have fun

Good luck with everything Adam!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everybody.

Sorry going to be a slow posting week for me. Had a work function last night, my boss is in town today, tomorrow I have a 6-hour work meeting, Friday I'm flying to Texas, Saturday I'll be a football game half the day,and additionally I've been scrambling to change my travel itinerary since I was initially supposed to be flying into Houston to see a friend, but since Houston is underwater I had to reroute to Dallas.

Anyhow, I should be able to get a post up this evening after work, but generally speaking it'll be spotty posting from me. I'll do my best to keep up, but BOT me if necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I'm done with Finn's lvl 3 upgrades.

1) (From lvl 2--I don’t think this was applied) The Path of Wisdom At 2nd level choose either Medicine and one skill proficiency, or Medicine and proficiency with a herbalism kit. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability checks that use either of your choices. Whenever you gain a new skill proficiency, you may move your doubled proficiency bonus to the new skill, to reflect your change of focus.

Apply to Medicine and Persuasion at 2nd level

--what exactly can you do with an herbalism kit? Is it just for crafting healing stuff, but not useful on its own?

2) Hands of a Healer -- now have 3 healing dice total

3) Speciality -- Master Scholar
You have studied ancient books and scrolls in the treasured libraries of the great cities, or you learned rhymes of lore and secrets unwritten from some older master. You know much that is hidden or lost.

Bonus Proficiency
When you choose this speciality at 3rd level, you gain proficiency in a single Intelligence or Wisdom skill of your Choice.

Add prof in Shadow Lore

4) Secret Lores
Also at 3rd level, you learn one branch of obscure or hidden lore. You gain another secret at 7th, 10th, 14th and 18th levels.

Ancient Lore -- Your knowledge stretches back to the Elder Days. You know the names of the Two Trees, the Tale of the Three Jewels and the terror of the Great Enemy Morgoth. You’ve heard the tales of the Elven Kingdoms of Beleriand, now lost beneath the sea, and the stolen halls of the Dwarf Lords, and you know of the rise and fall of the Dúnedain. You may make Intelligence (History) ability checks without penalty regarding ancient matters. Additionally, if you do not have it already, gain proficiency with History.

5) Hit pts (average) & hit dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I get expertise for 2 skill of my choice: Riddle and Investigation

I will pick the Bounder speciallisation. That will grant me the guardian ability.

Guardian:
Starting at 3rd level when you choose this expression, when a creature you can see attacks a target within 5 feet of you (other than yourself), you can use your reaction to impose a disadvantage on the attack roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll get Daenir leveled up tomorrow...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
I'll get Daenir leveled up tomorrow...

What is my bro wanting to do for the fellowship phase? Are we splitting up and sticking together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.