The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Star Trek Adventures Core Book
Spire
Kids on Bikes
Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition
The Quiet Year
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
Ironsworn
Primetime Adventures (Second Edition)
Bubble and Squeak
Modern AGE: Basic Rulebook
RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha
RuneQuest: Glorantha Bestiary
The Hallowed Oracle
B2: The Keep on the Borderlands
Dungeons & Dragons Set 4: Master Rules
Gamma World
Mythic
DragonLance: Fifth Age Dramatic Adventure Game
The Great Pendragon Campaign
Castle Falkenstein
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set
Book 1: The War-Torn Kingdom
Microscope
Chronicles of Arax: Solo Adventure Game
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
The Covetous Poet's Adventure Creator and Solo GM Guidebook
#Feminism: A Nano-Game Anthology
Make You Kingdom!! Kingdom
Tales from the Loop
The Death Knight's Squire: A 5E Solo Gamebook
Distant Realms
The Fall of Delta Green
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
Kids on Bikes (Free RPG Day Edition)
Masks of Nyarlathotep (5th edition)
H1: Keep on the Shadowfell
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
Bushido (3rd Edition)
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
Dogs in the Vineyard
The Shab Al-Hiri Roach
James Bond 007
Player's Handbook (D&D 3.5e)
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 3.5e)
Monster Manual (D&D 3.5e)
T1-4: The Temple of Elemental Evil
Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
282 Posts
[1]  Prev «  7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11  Next »  [12] | 

Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Adventures in Middle Earth PbF OOC Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Inglorion level up...

HP increase 1d10+1 = (7) + 1 = 8

Really debating on the knight vs weaponmaster archetype. The knight sounds more in line thematically with my character (he is all about duty, etc.) but the weaponmaster seems a lot more cool.

A lot of the knight's ability comes from nominating a charge, but he pretty much has to stick around the charge to derive any benefits (temporary hit points mostly). Can that be Inglorion's bro?

Any thoughts on which I should pick?

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1168559. Magellan1
  • 1d10+1 =
  • (7) + 1 =
  • 8
  • HP increase
  • Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:26 am
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You and me...We're in this together now...None of them can stop us now...We will make it through somehow
Avatar
mbmb
I think you should play whichever you think will be more fun for you. The weaponmaster gives you a bit more...independence(?)...of spirit. Since we don't know where we are headed or what's next, I think it sound like it gives you more flexibility. Whatever role you want play though...

I'm wrestling with a similar dilemma. I was planning to be a master scholar--focused on lore, knowledge, etc. It's the background I wrote. But our crew seems in desperate need of a field medic and Master Healer give us that. I'm leaning toward playing what I want, rather than what I think we need.
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You and me...We're in this together now...None of them can stop us now...We will make it through somehow
Avatar
mbmb
Magellan1 wrote:
otha62 wrote:
I'll get Daenir leveled up tomorrow...


What is my bro wanting to do for the fellowship phase? Are we splitting up and sticking together?


Yes. Inquiring minds, who are obligated to support you, want to know too
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
esirof wrote:
I think you should play whichever you think will be more fun for you. The weaponmaster gives you a bit more...independence(?)...of spirit. Since we don't know where we are headed or what's next, I think it sound like it gives you more flexibility. Whatever role you want play though...

I'm wrestling with a similar dilemma. I was planning to be a master scholar--focused on lore, knowledge, etc. It's the background I wrote. But our crew seems in desperate need of a field medic and Master Healer give us that. I'm leaning toward playing what I want, rather than what I think we need.


I think you're right. I'm leaning towards the weaponmaster
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
esirof wrote:
Magellan1 wrote:
otha62 wrote:
I'll get Daenir leveled up tomorrow...


What is my bro wanting to do for the fellowship phase? Are we splitting up and sticking together?


Yes. Inquiring minds, who are obligated to support you, want to know too


My bad, got busy this weekend...am working on leveling up as we speak...think thematically we might want to split up this time. While we got along fairly well, considering our history, brotherly camaraderie is a work in progress...plus you've got your duty as liaison to King Bsrd to work on...Daefaroth will probably do some digging 'bout the Orc slavers he heard rumor of around this area...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Going with Hunter of Shadows archetype (no surprise)...get the following with at 3rd level:

Rumour of the Earth
Also starting at 3rd level, when you stretch yourself upon
the ground with your ear pressed against the turf you can
decipher the sounds of the earth. You can hear it groan
when the enemy treads upon it, or echo the distant gallop
of horses, or sing in tune with the rushing of tumbling
waters.

Between each long rest, you may make a DC 15 Wisdom
(Survival) ability check. On a success, the Loremaster must
give you a useful piece of information about a quarry you
are hunting or a place you are seeking. If you get 25 or
higher as a result, the information gleaned may very well
seem near-miraculous to others.

Foe of the Enemy
Beginning at 3rd level, when you choose this archetype,
all of your attacks made against servants of the Enemy
inflict +2 damage. Such servants are Orcs, Goblins,
Spiders, Trolls, many Evil Men and any other creature that
willingly serves the Lord of Mordor.

In addition, you gain proficiency in the Shadow-lore skill.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
esirof wrote:
Magellan1 wrote:
otha62 wrote:
I'll get Daenir leveled up tomorrow...


What is my bro wanting to do for the fellowship phase? Are we splitting up and sticking together?


Yes. Inquiring minds, who are obligated to support you, want to know too


My bad, got busy this weekend...am working on leveling up as we speak...think thematically we might want to split up this time. While we got along fairly well, considering our history, brotherly camaraderie is a work in progress...plus you've got your duty as liaison to King Bsrd to work on...Daefaroth will probably do some digging 'bout the Orc slavers he heard rumor of around this area...


Agreed, sounds good.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Magellan1 wrote:
Inglorion level up...

Magellan1 previously rolled 1d10+1 = (7) + 1 = 8 (HP increase)



Archetype: Weaponmaster

Style Focus: Duelling (may exchange +2 to damage for +2 to attack).

Mastery: Birthright - Broadsword. Advantage on intimidation or persuasion checks while carrying weapon. +1 to attack and damage with weapon.

Glamogrist - ("the orc cleaver" in Sindarin)

I think we could work this into the narrative as we separate, Inglorion's father could perhaps give him the birthright sword Glamogrist. That could even be woven into added a bit much tension between the brothers.

5 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You and me...We're in this together now...None of them can stop us now...We will make it through somehow
Avatar
mbmb
esirof wrote:
I was planning to be a master scholar--focused on lore, knowledge, etc. It's the background I wrote. But our crew seems in desperate need of a field medic and Master Healer give us that. I'm leaning toward playing what I want, rather than what I think we need.


@Paul -- I'm struggling with this decision. I'm concerned that the Master Scholar specialty (and to some extent the Scholar class in general) seems destined to make him a walking encyclopedia and, to be honest, one that is highly dependent on your providing information. Seems like a lot to ask of you.

@All -- what I just said above aside, anyone care to comment on my choices stated in my earlier post where I spell out the upgrades I've chosen?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
esirof wrote:
esirof wrote:
I was planning to be a master scholar--focused on lore, knowledge, etc. It's the background I wrote. But our crew seems in desperate need of a field medic and Master Healer give us that. I'm leaning toward playing what I want, rather than what I think we need.


@Paul -- I'm struggling with this decision. I'm concerned that the Master Scholar specialty (and to some extent the Scholar class in general) seems destined to make him a walking encyclopedia and, to be honest, one that is highly dependent on your providing information. Seems like a lot to ask of you.

@All -- what I just said above aside, anyone care to comment on my choices stated in my earlier post where I spell out the upgrades I've chosen?


I love characters who are outside the tropes of the combat master, so I would definitely support a book-worm type. I will do the best I can at fleshing things out when I can and look forward to seeing how he is used.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You and me...We're in this together now...None of them can stop us now...We will make it through somehow
Avatar
mbmb
badgermaniac wrote:
I love characters who are outside the tropes of the combat master, so I would definitely support a book-worm type. I will do the best I can at fleshing things out when I can and look forward to seeing how he is used.


Great. I'm excited to play outside the combat role. Let's see where this takes us! I think I'm good to go with the upgrades in this post: Re: Adventures in Middle Earth PbF OOC Thread
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Got Daefaroth all updated and leveled up on Roll20...while I've alluded to what he'll be doing during the Fellowship Phase in the IC, I'll make a more thorough post in the morning...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You and me...We're in this together now...None of them can stop us now...We will make it through somehow
Avatar
mbmb
@Paul -- just wanted to clarify. Are you maintaining the roll20 sheets for useless people like me or did you want us to take over responsibility?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
esirof wrote:
@Paul -- just wanted to clarify. Are you maintaining the roll20 sheets for useless people like me or did you want us to take over responsibility?


I think I updated yours with everything you posted.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You and me...We're in this together now...None of them can stop us now...We will make it through somehow
Avatar
mbmb
badgermaniac wrote:
I think I updated yours with everything you posted.


I think it is just missing a couple of proficiencies gained?

--Speciality -- Master Scholar-When you choose this specialty at 3rd level, you gain proficiency in a single Intelligence or Wisdom skill of your Choice. Selection is Shadow Lore

--Secret Lores-Also at 3rd level, you learn one branch of obscure or hidden lore.
Selection is Ancient Lore -- You may make Intelligence (History) ability checks without penalty regarding ancient matters. Additionally, if you do not have it already, gain proficiency with History.

Thanks for the help.

Oh, and by the way, can anyone explain to me the value of an herbalism kit? Is that just useful if you want to make your own medicines?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
esirof wrote:


Oh, and by the way, can anyone explain to me the value of an herbalism kit? Is that just useful if you want to make your own medicines?


It is its main utility.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:
esirof wrote:
@Paul -- just wanted to clarify. Are you maintaining the roll20 sheets for useless people like me or did you want us to take over responsibility?


I think I updated yours with everything you posted.


Paul, are you updating mine as well?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
esirof wrote:
badgermaniac wrote:
I think I updated yours with everything you posted.


I think it is just missing a couple of proficiencies gained?

--Speciality -- Master Scholar-When you choose this specialty at 3rd level, you gain proficiency in a single Intelligence or Wisdom skill of your Choice. Selection is Shadow Lore

--Secret Lores-Also at 3rd level, you learn one branch of obscure or hidden lore.
Selection is Ancient Lore -- You may make Intelligence (History) ability checks without penalty regarding ancient matters. Additionally, if you do not have it already, gain proficiency with History.

Thanks for the help.

Oh, and by the way, can anyone explain to me the value of an herbalism kit? Is that just useful if you want to make your own medicines?


Hmmm...I will look at it. I have been having a lot of Internet trouble so I wonder if my changes were not saved. I will fix either way.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Magellan1 wrote:
badgermaniac wrote:
esirof wrote:
@Paul -- just wanted to clarify. Are you maintaining the roll20 sheets for useless people like me or did you want us to take over responsibility?


I think I updated yours with everything you posted.


Paul, are you updating mine as well?


I looked at everyone's sheet. If they updated their own level to 3rd, I knew to not touch it. If it was still at 2, I figured you wanted me to do it. Don't recall who I updated (but if you didn't, I should have.)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
badgermaniac wrote:
Magellan1 wrote:
badgermaniac wrote:
esirof wrote:
@Paul -- just wanted to clarify. Are you maintaining the roll20 sheets for useless people like me or did you want us to take over responsibility?


I think I updated yours with everything you posted.


Paul, are you updating mine as well?


I looked at everyone's sheet. If they updated their own level to 3rd, I knew to not touch it. If it was still at 2, I figured you wanted me to do it. Don't recall who I updated (but if you didn't, I should have.)


I didn't update anything on it.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul, it looks like you did add the HP increase, but not the features (Archetype: Weaponmaster, Style Focus: Duelling (may exchange +2 to damage for +2 to attack), and Mastery: Birthright - Broadsword. Advantage on intimidation or persuasion checks while carrying weapon. +1 to attack and damage with weapon. Glamogrist - ("the orc cleaver" in Sindarin). I can add them if you'd like.

Speaking of the birthright.... are we going to do that in-game or does it just happen "off-camera"?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Magellan1 wrote:
Paul, it looks like you did add the HP increase, but not the features (Archetype: Weaponmaster, Style Focus: Duelling (may exchange +2 to damage for +2 to attack), and Mastery: Birthright - Broadsword. Advantage on intimidation or persuasion checks while carrying weapon. +1 to attack and damage with weapon. Glamogrist - ("the orc cleaver" in Sindarin). I can add them if you'd like.

Speaking of the birthright.... are we going to do that in-game or does it just happen "off-camera"?


Feel free to write them up in your Fellowship post on the IC page. I think it would be a neat thing to incorporate.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mitch, I put up a long family scene on the IC thread. Please let me know if you have any issues with how I wrote Inglor's comments on Daefaroth. I think I stayed in the spirit of how you envision that relationship, but if not let me know.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You and me...We're in this together now...None of them can stop us now...We will make it through somehow
Avatar
mbmb
All -- sorry for being slow to post the past few days. Life went a little crazy. I'll be back in a day.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Magellan1 wrote:
Hey Mitch, I put up a long family scene on the IC thread. Please let me know if you have any issues with how I wrote Inglor's comments on Daefaroth. I think I stayed in the spirit of how you envision that relationship, but if not let me know.


Looks good to me Joe!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.