World of Gor: Gorean Roleplaying World Encyclopaedia
These Weird Breads Are Sad
The Solo Investigator's Handbook
Wollstonecraft The Role-Playing Game
Maze of the Blue Medusa
The Two-Headed Serpent
Slaves of the Machine God
The Forsaken Kingdom of Fungithrill
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (Second Edition)
Labyrinth Lord
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Apocalypse World
Microscope
Vornheim: The Complete City Kit
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Kids on Bikes: Deluxe Edition
Forbidden Lands Core Boxed Set
Passion Guides My Hand
Book 01: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
The Flood
Warhammer Adventure
B1: In Search of the Unknown
Masks of Nyarlathotep (3rd & 4th edition)
The Deryni Adventure Game
Eyes Only
B10: Night's Dark Terror
Deadlands
The Great Pendragon Campaign
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Forgotten Realms Campaign Set
Book 1: The War-Torn Kingdom
Faction Guide
Swords & Wizardry Complete Rulebook
The One Ring: Adventures over the Edge of the Wild
Gildenbrief (Issue 25 - Jul 1992)
Monster of the Week
The Covetous Poet's Adventure Creator and Solo GM Guidebook
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
The Strange
Microscope Explorer
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
41 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

RPG» Forums » Actual Play » Play by Forum

Subject: Recruiting: Partner wanted for fantasy game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karkared wrote:
jmlima wrote:
- Hard espionage : For the lighter tone, have you ever watched Tales of the Golden monkey (nice 1930's mishmash also): https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083488/

Any chance to do it this style? https://www.atomic-robo.com/atomicrobo/v7ch1-cover

Is that kind of similar to Red Star ? If so, yes, that can be great fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Curato
France
Albi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I skimmed over the game's description from your link.

If that was an Atomic Robo story, here is what the pitch would be:

Using Mr. Tesla's generator in the basement of Tesladyne Industries, Robo finds a n-dimension parallel world where an evil scientist from Earth uses nonstandard science to oppress the locals. He has his Tesladyne cadre come over and, toegether with the Resistance, they clumsily succeed at overthrowing the evil scientist, with a lot of screaming, shooting, landing into walls, and making weird theories about the imaginary nature of the universe.

Good for ya?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karkared wrote:

Using Mr. Tesla's generator in the basement of Tesladyne Industries, Robo finds a n-dimension parallel world where an evil scientist from Earth uses nonstandard science to oppress the locals. He has his Tesladyne cadre come over and, toegether with the Resistance, they clumsily succeed at overthrowing the evil scientist, with a lot of screaming, shooting, landing into walls, and making weird theories about the imaginary nature of the universe.

Good for ya?

Almost... now that you say it like that I feel an urge to get into space, maybe to do a bit of espionage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karkared wrote:

Good for ya?

What about the bd series 'les naufragues du temps'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
Can we please take this discussion to geekmail so it doesn't keep triggering my subscriptions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Curato
France
Albi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
Can we please take this discussion to geekmail so it doesn't keep triggering my subscriptions?

Sure we can , but this thread is a good place for it, so why not unsubscribe and come back when you feel like reading? Did you subscribe for the whole forum?

Also, as soon as we settle on a subject, this thread will be closed.

So far I think Space Opera is the way to go. Les Naufragés is pretty horrific, but why not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Chapman
United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Anyway, how's your sex life?
badge
"She said the same thing about waffles."
mbmbmbmbmb
Many people will have this triggering subscriptions because they are subscribed to the forum, not your post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karkared wrote:
...So far I think Space Opera is the way to go. ...

Roger that. So why not use something like the below (I have it) to generate situations, and go with the Traveller setting, become space merchants and see where that will take us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Curato
France
Albi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok just any space setting will do.

Do not get alarmed if I add things not in the Traveller canon, as I will stick to the space op genre anyway.

Thread off
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Putting this here while I try to think of something really clever...
badge
Just smile, no one gets out alive.
mbmbmbmbmb
ALGO wrote:
Many people will have this triggering subscriptions because they are subscribed to the forum, not your post.
Just block the thread. You will still be subscribed to the forum but you will not have to see anymore discussion on this thread. That works for me when I get tired of constant subscription flags.

Seems pretty strange for someone to complain about the existence of a conversation that is being held on an online chat forum...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
Lassimer wrote:
ALGO wrote:
Just block the thread. You will still be subscribed to the forum but you will not have to see anymore discussion on this thread. That works for me when I get tired of constant subscription flags.

Seems pretty strange for someone to complain about the existence of a conversation that is being held on an online chat forum...

I was not aware that the Block option existed. Thanks.

And FWIW, I don't mind recruiting threads, but I take them to the game forums as soon as possible so as not to spam others' subs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Curato
France
Albi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not a game per se, so there is no game forum for this yet, and we only have this one thread to discuss. If we moved to Unpublished Prototypes, the same might happen to someone else .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lassimer wrote:

The PbF forum is mostly for recruiting players for play-by-forum games. Not for discussing games (there are other forums for that) or actually playing by forum. Just recruiting. That is why there are so many people subscribed to the forum, and why people complain when their subscriptions are being pinged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Lassimer wrote:

The PbF forum is mostly for recruiting players for play-by-forum games. Not for discussing games (there are other forums for that) or actually playing by forum. Just recruiting. That is why there are so many people subscribed to the forum, and why people complain when their subscriptions are being pinged.

I think if people keep answering that provides a clear answer to all of our problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmb
Please start a separate forum for your planning now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Gaskell
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just seen this and I'd actually like to be pinged to follow what's going on in the story.

But now it's gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.