The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Let These Mermaids Touch Your Dick Maybe
Midnight (Second Edition)
Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition
The Black Mine of Teihiihan
Arkham Detective Tales (Extended Edition)
Adventures on Dungeon Planet
FAITH: The Sci-Fi RPG – Core Set
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
Graphic Novel Adventures: Loup Garou
Cthulhu Now (1987 Edition)
Emerald Empire (4th Edition)
Luchador: Way of the Mask
The Tools of Ignorance
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
The End of the World: Alien Invasion
Echoes of Glory: Ruritania's World Cup 1966
Tales from the Loop
The Death Knight's Squire: A 5E Solo Gamebook
Original Adventures Reincarnated #1: Into the Borderlands
Pickman's Legacy
Players Handbook (AD&D 1e)
Dungeon Masters Guide (AD&D 1e)
James Bond 007
B2: The Keep on the Borderlands
Prince Valiant: The Storytelling Game
XXXXtreme STREET luge
Xcrawl
Ancient Odysseys: Treasure Awaits!
Microscope
Über RPG: Steampunk
Numenera
Ryuutama: Natural Fantasy Role Play
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Blades in the Dark
Mouse Guard (2nd Edition)
Curse of Strahd
Maze of the Blue Medusa
7th Sea Core Rulebook
Hunger in the Void
King Arthur Pendragon (Edition 5.2)
Starfinder Core Rulebook
Prince Valiant Episode Book
The Fall of Delta Green
Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game
Pathfinder Society Scenario 9-00: Assault on Absalom
We Used To Be Friends
Brandis Seven Strike Craft
Henchmen
Monster Manual (AD&D 1e)
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
400 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 

DDEX1-01: Defiance in Phlan» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [OOC] GC's RPGGeek AL game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: System:D&D5E [+] KAT:Play-by-Forum [+] Series:DDAL [+] [View All]
Dave Chua
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember to subscribe to this thread!
Out-of-character discussions for RPGG Adventurers League Game of Defiance in Phlan.
Initiative: Ascariel (+2), Caszmyr (+2), Olo (+2), Othokent (+2), Night Cloud (+3), Raakt (+6)

General rules:
- As per AL rules, no PVP.
- Aiming for one post per weekday. We can take weekends off.
- During combat, players posts will be processed in the order in which they post to minimise confusion. The mobs will move as a group.

I won't create a separate character depository thread for this. Just ensure your character statline or image header for your posts links to it. I'm okay with any readable character sheet format.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll post up Ascariel my Aasimar Monk later today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribed, bookmarked, and happy to be here. I'll have my PC done and ready for review by tomorrow evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Withywindle wrote:

One of the ideas I was kicking around was a tortle monk, however it is very ninja turtle haha. Also looked at a socially awkward barbarian that hides in his shell. Maybe even a ranger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to decide between a Rogue and a Bard. If anyone else is already rolling up a Bard or the party doesn't have a Rogue, then I may decide to go Rogue. Anyone else doing Bard or Rogue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Venables
England
Horndean
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Sharks on 3!!
badge
1-2-3-SHARKS!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeMo wrote:
I'm trying to decide between a Rogue and a Bard. If anyone else is already rolling up a Bard or the party doesn't have a Rogue, then I may decide to go Rogue. Anyone else doing Bard or Rogue?

I have an idea for a drow bard character I wouldn't mind giving a shot - but only if you're sure you don't mind?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribed and working character up today. Sorry, overtime again but not tonight! Picked up the Porter to ease my mind in character dev but may go with prefab - any exceptions, DM?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iamrubocop wrote:
Withywindle wrote:

One of the ideas I was kicking around was a tortle monk, however it is very ninja turtle haha. Also looked at a socially awkward barbarian that hides in his shell. Maybe even a ranger.

Oh, goodie, just saw that released on DriveThruRPG - a Tortle would be cool to see!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Methsdrinker wrote:
GeorgeMo wrote:

I have an idea for a drow bard character I wouldn't mind giving a shot - but only if you're sure you don't mind?

I would like to work the Wood-Elf Ranger but the Chaotic Good prefab is a little hard to swallow - I noticed we do not have Fighter/Barbarian types, will check those out as well.

Edit: Bookmark for where my character will be, draft pending today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chua
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Katastrophy9 wrote:
Subscribed and working character up today. Sorry, overtime again but not tonight! Picked up the Porter to ease my mind in character dev but may go with prefab - any exceptions, DM?

Prefab as in pregen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gonecase wrote:
Katastrophy9 wrote:

Prefab as in pregen?

Correct, but looking more like creating on my own instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Methsdrinker wrote:
GeorgeMo wrote:

Nope, go ahead. If we're going to have a Tortle and John wants to make a Bard, then I'll change my +1 to Volo's and make a Lizardman tank. Are we having a Tortle in the party?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iamrubocop wrote:
Withywindle wrote:

Are you still planning to take a Ranger track with your character? I am leaning in the Ranger direction vice Fighter but you had mentioned it first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting stoked about the Lizardman Monk, but I don't think I want to do it if the other PCs are the more common Humanoids. If we're a band of misfit adventurers, like a Drow and Tortle, then I think it fits. Otherwise a Half-Elf Bard could work, even if there's another Bard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Created the PbF template for use in thread or geeklist and posted to the Compendium here: Compendium - D&D Adventurers League Character Sheet

To use this template follow these instructions:
Many of these PbF Character sheets use the [c] "code" tags to allow for tab alignments and layout features with special characters. If you choose to use one of these character sheets it is important tocopy the formatting into your character creation geeklist, wiki, or forum in this manner:
+ Select QUICKQUOTE or QUOTE to open the character sheet template in this forum
+ While in the posting edit window, place your mouse cursor in the body and right-click for menu to SELECT ALL. When all text is highlighted, then right-click to select copy.
+ On your character creation geeklist, wiki, or forum, open a new item or post then right-click paste to put this template in place to draft your character.
+ Now go back to this PbF Character Sheet Template forum and CANCEL the QUOTE post you opened.
+ Return to your character creation geeklist, wiki, or forum and remove the [q =...] on the first line and the [/q] tag at the very last line ending. Save to see if you got everything you need in the template and then begin to edit as needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started making a Lizardman Monk. I'm obviously using Volo's for my +1. Please let me know soon whether we're going the misfit Drow/Tortle/Lizard route or the more standard one. I can switch PCs.

I used the 14, 14, 13, 12, 11, 9 starting abilities (from this site) and added my racial bonuses to get my ability scores. I'm using the Monk trait of using DEX for all to-hit and damage rolls.

I chose my 6 skills according to racial, class, and background lists.

I chose Hermit for my background, and since the gear makes no sense for my race (clothes, blanket, scroll case) I sold all but the herbalism kit plus the darts from class equipment. With the background 5gp, that gave me 19gp 5sp to buy other equipment (which I don't need much) or to keep. I noted everything sold or purchased with PHB prices listed. I'll remove those notes after PC approval.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Payne
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to make sure I know what everyone is playing, so I can fit in. I have:

- Paul, Aasimar Monk
- John, Drow Bard
- Kat, Wood-elf ranger
- George, Lizardman Monk (?)
- Rueben, Tortle Monk

So, three monks, a bard, and a ranger by my review. I'm thinking paladin for auras to support the monk contingent; and if we are misfits I am considering Goliath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb
I still need to check this over but most of it is here.

Ascariel: 1st Level Aasimar Monk

Name : Ascariel
Class : Monk
Race : Aasimar Protector
Background: Far Traveller
Alignment : Lawful Neutral
Deity : Kossuth
Size : Medium
Languages : Common, Elven, Celestial
Faction : Harpers
Renown : 0
Downtime : 0 days

Ascariel: Aasimar Monk 1
HP 9/9 | AC 14 | Claws of Kossuth 10/10 | Inspiration 0/1 | Init +2 | Perc +4 |
Ki DC: 12 | Ki points 0/0 | Spell DC: 13 | Spells Known: 0 | 1st lvl: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Background:

Orphaned as a very young boy after his maternal grandmother's death, Ascariel found himself outside the temple of Order of the Purifying Flame along with other hopeful candidates. Knowing precious little of his celestial heritage and nothing of his human family, Ascariel waited patiently for several days. Ascariel and the few other remaining candidates were taken inside the temple where only Ascariel passed a subtle test in manners. Although taking a student of mixed parentage into the order was unprecedented, the head monk Master Kan sagely noted, "There is a first for everything," and welcomed Ascariel.

Following his induction into the order, Ascariel then lived in the temple until adulthood, mastering many of the fighting forms and lessons taught by the Order of the Purifying Flame monks (Crane, Snake, Praying Mantis, Tiger, and Dragon). At one point during his training he was shown the various forms and Master Kan explained that it may take half a lifetime to master one of the forms. Later, while in Faerun, when asked by petitioner which forms he practices, Ascariel's response was, "All of them" (a tribute to Master Kan, who had answered young Ascariel similarly when asked the same question).

One of his first instructors was the blind master named Fo. Master Fo considered Ascariel his favorite pupil and behaved more like an elderly grandfather. After his enlightenment, Ascariel traveled to the great city of Huzuz with Master Fo, whose lifelong ambition had been to travel to a festival at the High Temple of Kossuth. While they were talking together in the street, the Grand Caliph's nephew and his entourage came along and an altercation ensued when a guard tried to push Fo aside and was sent sprawling by the blind monk. While defending himself from the other guards, Master Fo was shot by the Grand Caliph's nephew with a crossbow. Before the nephew could reload his crossbow, the enraged Ascariel seized a guard's fallen spear and killed the youth. With his dying words, Fo gave Ascariel his pouch containing his few worldly possessions and instructed Ascariel to flee from Zakhara as there would be both no place to hide and a price on his head. Before he fled Zakhara, Ascariel returned to the temple to confess his deed to Master Kan. Later, Caliphate guards attacked and stormed the temple, only to find it deserted (the monks having fled before the soldier's arrival); in retaliation, they burned the temple to the ground.

At first, Ascariel tried to flee to Kara Tor but was unsuccessful. He then escaped to the Faerun and on the voyage Ascariel discovered that he had a half brother in Faerun but the old sailor who told him this knew not where. While he searched for his half brother, he was on the run from a steady stream of bounty hunters and Caliphate agents, some of whom were also Order of the Purifying Flame monks like himself, searching for him. When another monk arrived to take him into custody, telling Ascariel that he had been searching for him for many weeks and that it had long been known he had fled to Faerun, Ascariel said to him, "For money? A monk of the Order of the Purifying Flame does not sell himself for a handful of rice." The monk's reply was, "You are more than a handful of rice”. In the ensuing fight, Ascariel killed the monk and continued to make his way through the lands of Faerun never staying in one place for too long. Recently entering Phlan Ascariel continues the search for his half brother while fleeing the agents of the Grand Caliph…

Personal Goal
To find his half brother and to escape the clutches of the Grand Caliph.

Personality Traits
Ascariel connects everything that happens to him to a grand, cosmic plan.
Ascariel has a lesson for every situation, drawn from observing nature.

Ideals
Logic. Emotions must not cloud our sense of what is right and true, or our logical thinking.

Bonds
Ascariel is the last of his monastery, and it is up to him to ensure their names enter legend.

Flaws
Ascariel is dogmatic in his thoughts and philosophy.

Physical Characteristics

Height: 6’ 3”
Weight: 200lbs

Physical Description:

Ascariel is like many Aasimar in being both muscular and tall but his skin and eyes are unusually dark. He has a shaven head, pierced ears, a bound black goatee.

A.C.(Unarmoured Defence) : 14
Hit Points : 9(Max) 9(Current)
Level : 1
Experience Points : 0/600
Speed(Unarmoured Movement): 30ft
Initiative : +2
Hit Dice (+1 CON/Lvl) : 1d8
Proficiency Bonus : +2
Passive Perception : 14
Ki Points : 0/0
Ki DC : 12

Abilities: Score (Mod)

STR 8 (-1)
DEX 15 (+2)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 15 (+2)
CHA 16 (+3)

Save Proficiencies:

STR +1
DEX +4

CON +1
INT -1
WIS +2
CHA +3

Skills

Acrobatics (Dex) : +4*
Animal Handling (Wis): +2
Arcana (Int) : -1
Athletics (Str) : -1
Deception (Cha) : +3
History (Int) : -1
Insight (Wis) : +4*
Intimidation (Cha) : +3
Investigation (Int) : -1
Medicine (Wis) : +2
Nature (Int) : -1
Perception (Wis) : +4*
Performance (Cha) : +3
Persuasion (Cha) : +3
Religion (Int) : -1
Sleight of Hand (Dex): +2
Stealth (Dex) : +4*
Survival (Wis) : +2

Skill Proficiencies:
Acrobatics, Insight, Perception, Stealth
Languages – Common, Celestial, Elven

Tool Proficiencies:
Flute, Weaver’s Tools.

Weapon Proficiencies:
Simple Weapons & Short Swords.

Armour Proficiencies:
None.

Other Proficiencies:
None.

Attack Workspace

*Unarmed Strike | Melee | +4 To Hit | 00 - 05ft | d4+2 Bludgeoning
*Katana (Short Sword) | Melee | +4 To Hit | 00 - 05ft | d4+2 Piercing
*Bo (Quarterstaff) | Melee | +4 To Hit | 00 - 05ft | d4+2 Bludgeoning
*Claws of Kossuth (Darts)| Melee | +4 To Hit | 00 - 05ft | d4+2 Piercing

*Claws of Kossuth (Darts)| Range | +4 To Hit | 00 - 60ft | d4+2 Piercing (Dis over 20ft)

*Martial Arts ability

Way of the Open Hand Workspace

Monks of the Way of the Open Hand are the ultimate masters of martial arts Combat, whether armed or unarmed. They learn techniques to push and trip their opponents, manipulate ki to heal damage to their bodies, and practice advanced meditation that can protect them from harm.

Level 3

Open Hand Technique

Starting when you choose this tradition at 3rd level, you can manipulate your enemy’s ki when you harness your own. Whenever you hit a creature with one of the attacks granted by your Flurry of Blows, you can impose one of the following effects on that target:
· It must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or be knocked prone.
· It must make a Strength saving throw. If it fails, you can push it up to 15 feet away from you.
· It can’t take reactions until the end of your next turn.

Level 6

Wholeness of Body

At 6th level, you gain the ability to heal yourself. As an action, you can regain hit points equal to three times your monk level. You must finish a Long Rest before you can use this feature again.

Level 11

Tranquility

Beginning at 11th level, you can enter a Special meditation that surrounds you with an aura of peace. At the end of a Long Rest, you gain the effect of a Sanctuary spell that lasts until the start of your next Long Rest (the spell can end early as normal). The saving throw DC for the spell equals 8 + your Wisdom modifier + your proficiency bonus.

Level 17

Quivering Palm

At 17th level, you gain the ability to set up lethal vibrations in someone’s body. When you hit a creature with an unarmed strike, you can spend 3 ki points to start these imperceptible vibrations, which last for a number of days equal to your monk level. The vibrations are harmless unless you use your action to end them. To do so, you and the target must be on the same plane of existence. When you use this action, the creature must make a Constitution saving throw. If it fails, it is reduced to 0 hit points. If it succeeds, it takes 10d10 necrotic damage.

You can have only one creature under the effect of this feature at a time. You can choose to end the vibrations harmlessly without using an action.

Class Features & Racial Traits:
Monk:

Unarmored Defense

Beginning at 1st level, while you are wearing no armour and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Wisdom modifier.

Martial Arts

At 1st level, Ascariel's practice of martial arts gives him mastery of combat styles that use unarmed strikes and monk weapons, which are shortswords and any simple melee weapons that don’t have the two-handed or heavy property.

Ascariel gains the following benefits while he is unarmed or wielding only monk weapons and he isn’t wearing armour or wielding a shield.

Ascariel can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of his unarmed strikes and monk weapons.

Ascariel can roll a d4 in place of the normal damage of his unarmed strike or monk weapon. This die changes as he gains monk levels, as shown in the Martial Arts column of the Monk table.

When Ascariel uses the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon on his turn, he can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action. For example, if Ascariel takes the Attack action and attacks with a quarterstaff, he can also make an unarmed strike as a bonus action, assuming he hasn’t already taken a bonus action this turn.

Certain monasteries use specialized forms of the monk weapons. Ascariel uses shortswords with a shorter, straighter blade (called katanas). Whatever name is used for the monk weapon, you use the game statistics provided for the equivalent weapon.

Ki

Starting at 2nd level, Ascariel's training allows him to harness the mystic energy of Ki. His access to this energy is represented by a number of Ki points. Ascariel's monk level determines the number of points he has, as shown in the Ki Points column of the Monk table.

Unarmored Movement

Starting at 2nd level, Ascariel's speed increases by 10 feet while he is not wearing armour or wielding a shield. This bonus increases when Ascariel reaches certain monk levels, as shown in the Monk table.

At 9th level, Ascariel gains the ability to move along vertical surfaces and across liquids on your turn without falling during the move.

Monastic Tradition

When he reached 3rd level, Ascariel committed himself to a monastic tradition, the Way of the Open Palm. This tradition granted Ascariel features at 3rd level and again at 6th, 11th, and 17th level.

Ki Features

Ascariel can spend these points to fuel various Ki features. Ascariel starts knowing three such features: Flurry of Blows, Patient Defence, and Step of the Wind. Ascariel learns more Ki features as he gains levels in this class.

When Ascariel spends a Ki point, it is unavailable until he finishes a short or long rest, at the end of which he draws all of his expended Ki back into himself. Ascariel must spend at least 30 minutes of the rest meditating to regain his Ki points.

Some of Ascariel's Ki features require his target to make a saving throw to resist the feature’s effects. The saving throw DC is calculated as follows:

Ki save DC = 8 + his proficiency bonus + his Wisdom modifier

*Flurry of Blows
Immediately after Ascariel takes the Attack action on his turn, he can spend 1 Ki point to make two unarmed strikes as a bonus action.

*Patient Defense
Ascariel can spend 1 Ki point to take the Dodge action as a bonus action on histurn.

*Step of the Wind
Ascariel can spend 1 Ki point to take the Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action on his turn, and his jump distance is doubled for the turn.

Deflect Missiles

Starting at 3rd level, Ascariel can use his reaction to deflect or catch the missile when he is hit by a ranged weapon attack. When he does so, the damage he takes from the attack is reduced by 1d10 + his Dexterity modifier + his monk level.

If Ascariel reduces the damage to 0, he can catch the missile if it is small enough for him to hold in one hand and he has at least one hand free. If he catches a missile in this way, he can spend 1 Ki point to make a ranged attack with the weapon or piece of ammunition you just caught, as part of the same reaction. Ascariel makes this attack with proficiency, regardless of his weapon proficiencies, and the missile counts as a monk weapon for the attack, which has a normal range of 20 feet and a long range of 60 feet.

Ability Score Improvement

When he reaches 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th, and 19th level, Ascariel can increase one ability score of his choice by 2, or he can increase two ability scores of his choice by 1. As normal, he can’t increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.

Slow Fall

Beginning at 4th level, Ascariel can use his reaction when he falls to reduce any falling damage he takes by an amount equal to five times his monk level.

Extra Attack

Beginning at 5th level, Ascariel can attack twice, instead of once, whenever he takes the Attack action on his turn.

Stunning Strike

Starting at 5th level, Ascariel can interfere with the flow of Ki in an opponent’s body. When he hits another creature with a melee weapon attack, he can spend 1 Ki point to attempt a stunning strike. The target must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or be Stunned until the end of Ascariel's next turn.

Ki- Empowered Strikes

Starting at 6th level, your unarmed strikes count as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to non-magical attacks and damage.

Aasimar:

Darkvision
Thanks to your celestial heritage, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Celestial Resistance
You have resistance to necrotic damage and radiant damage.

Light Bearer
You know the light cantrip. Once you reach 3rd level, you can cast the lesser restoration spell once with this trait, and you regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. Once you reach 5th level, you can cast the daylight spell once with this trait as a 3rd-level spell, and you regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Radiant Soul
Starting at 3rd level, you can use your action to unleash the divine energy within yourself, causing your eyes to glimmer and two luminous, incorporeal wings to sprout from your back.
Your transformation lasts for 1 minute or until you end it as a bonus action. During it, you have a flying speed of 30 feet, and once on each of your turns, you can deal extra radiant damage to one target when you deal damage to it with an attack or a spell. The extra radiant damage equals your level.
Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Far Traveller:

Ascariel is a fugitive from the justice of the Grand Caliph for killing one of Zakharan rulers nephews.

Feature: Your accent, mannerisms, figures of speech, and perhaps even your appearance all mark you as foreign. Curious glances are directed your way wherever you go, which can be a nuisance, but you also gain the friendly interest of scholars and others intrigued by far-off lands, to say nothing of everyday folk who are eager to hear stories of your homeland. You can parley this attention into access to people and places you might not otherwise have, for you and your traveling companions. Noble lords, scholars, and merchant princes, to name a few, might be interested in hearing about your distant homeland and people.

Spell Workspace:

Spells Prepared : N/A
Spell Save DC : 13
Spell Attack Modifier : +5
Spell Ability Modifier: +3

Cantrips Known:

Light

Equipment:

Armour: None. (0 lb)
Shield: None. (0 lb)

Other Equipment:

Katana (Short Sword) x2 (4 lb)
Bo (Quarterstaff) (4 lb)
Claws of Kossuth (Darts) x10 (2 lb)

Backpack containing: (5 lb)

Bedroll (7 lb)
Traveller’s Clothes (Monk Robes) (4 lb)
Flute (1 lb)
Healing Kit (3 lb)
Mess Kit (1 lb)
Belt Pouch (1 lb)
Rope (Hempen 50ft) (10lb)
Tinderbox (1 lb)
Torches x5 (5 lb)
Waterskin (5 lb)
Weaver’s Tools (5 lb)
Half Zakharan Crown Necklace (- lb)

Total Weight : 100 lbs
Carrying Capacity : 120 lbs
Push/drag/lift : 240 lbs

Money*:
04 gp
09 sp
10 cp

*Ascariel will give away any money he has over 100gp to a temple or to the poor.

Character Creation Date: 22nd September 2017
Adventures: Tyranny of Dragons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like misfits to me, especially if we have to go into a city
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting with 19 gp 5 sp, I made the following purchases:

spear 1gp
dagger 2gp
3x belt pouches 1gp 5sp
healer's kit 5gp
tinderbox 5sp
hooded lantern 5gp
6x oil flasks 6sp
whetstone 1cp
waterskin 2sp

That leaves me with:

Platinum: 0
Gold: 3
Electrum: 0
Silver: 6
Copper: 9

My PC doesn't wear clothes, and everything is strapped onto his leather belt or chest straps with leather bindings or in his belt pouches (detailed on the character sheet). The leather is from previous meals and Cunning Artisan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the radio silence. I've been at the hospital afternoon with my daughter. Possible broken arm. And I have to work tonight.

But definitely doing tortle. Really tempted to do monk. But might also do a barb/monk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We seem to be magic light. The Bard can do Cure Wounds abd a Paladin would also help. I don't know if we must have arcane if we have healing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iamrubocop wrote:
Sorry for the radio silence. I've been at the hospital afternoon with my daughter. Possible broken arm. And I have to work tonight.

But definitely doing tortle. Really tempted to do monk. But might also do a barb/monk.

I hope all is well with your child and hang in there with the night shift.

I think the tortle would be a great additional to this crew!

If we have two monks in this party there is a Kung-Fu movie title in this adventure somewhere!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SolidsState wrote:
Trying to make sure I know what everyone is playing, so I can fit in. I have:

- Paul, Aasimar Monk
- John, Drow Bard
- Kat, Wood-elf ranger
- George, Lizardman Monk (?)
- Rueben, Tortle Monk

So, three monks, a bard, and a ranger by my review. I'm thinking paladin for auras to support the monk contingent; and if we are misfits I am considering Goliath.

Thanks for consolidating the list... I will look at Ranger, Paladin, or other that would best fit the party and be a character I would enjoy taking through this season.

EDIT: Wait... just found the TABAXI race? DM, is this one authorized for this season?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Payne
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kat,

I don't think a ranger is a problem, we could use some single target dps from the rear. I'm going to make a Paladin, and with a bard to assist heal/buff, the only thing we are really missing is AOE, which I would think we can live without.

If you would prefer to play a Pally, let me know, otherwise I'll write mine up tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.