The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Joan of Arc
Monster of the Week
Being a role-playing game on the topic of the High-Flying adventures of Beatrice Henrietta Bristol-Smythe, DBE, daring Aviatrix and accomplished Exploratrix, and her Gentleman Companion, who for a Modest Fee, accompanies Beatrice ... [truncated]
The Starship From Hell
Fate Core System
Starfinder Core Rulebook
Realms of Terrinoth
Tales from the Loop
Delta Green
Keeper Rulebook
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Tales from the Yawning Portal
Genesys Core Rulebook
Wet Hot American Summer: Fantasy Camp
The Sunless Citadel
Fiasco
Fate Accelerated
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
DDEX1-04: Dues for the Dead
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
Volo's Guide to Monsters
Star Trek Adventures Core Book
Xanathar's Guide to Everything
Implausible Deniability
Our Friends the Machines & Other Mysteries
Fish F***ers
Ambarquenta Core Rulebook
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
GURPS Basic Set: Characters (Fourth Edition)
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (First Edition)
Ars Magica (5th edition)
Sweet Agatha
Diaspora
Book 1: The War-Torn Kingdom
The Winds of Magic
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Dungeon World Roleplaying Game
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
The Quiet Year
Qelong
Investigator Handbook
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
Monster of the Week (Revised)
Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game
Mutant: Year Zero Core Book
Princes of the Apocalypse
Epées & Sorcellerie
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
400 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 

DDEX1-01: Defiance in Phlan» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [OOC] GC's RPGGeek AL game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: System:D&D5E [+] KAT:Play-by-Forum [+] Series:DDAL [+] [View All]
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave, do our PCs already know each other, or will we be RPing our first meeting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chua
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeMo wrote:
Dave, do our PCs already know each other, or will we be RPing our first meeting?

They'll already know each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chua
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iamrubocop wrote:
Sorry for the radio silence. I've been at the hospital afternoon with my daughter. Possible broken arm. And I have to work tonight.

But definitely doing tortle. Really tempted to do monk. But might also do a barb/monk.

Oh dear hope she's all right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here Reuben. Hope your girl is okay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Update - arm is broken. It's been half casted for tonight, and then a trip to the Children's hospital tomorrow to set and cast it. Yay for childhood! haha. She's a trooper and doing mostly fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Payne
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear, Rueben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Payne
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so I tried and tried to get excited about my paladin... but our band of misfits is too perfect for the rise of the tyrant magus of the goblins, destined to bring them into a new age where they will become a great nation!

Raakt Quillbane, Spellblammer of the Goblinoid Peoples (i.e. goblin wizard). Link to char sheet posted later today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to mention that my PC's goal in life is to destroy Goblinoids
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iamrubocop wrote:

Update - arm is broken. It's been half casted for tonight, and then a trip to the Children's hospital tomorrow to set and cast it. Yay for childhood! haha. She's a trooper and doing mostly fine.

Rueben,

I'm glad she's ok. The whole making you stronger thing and all... Of course that cliche' doesn't mention the financial aspect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For my background language I'd chosen Goblin, and this is what was in my head for the reasoning:

basically Goblins killed rest of hunting party & enslaved him, he got away after killing and eating them, but was too ashamed to return home and went to be alone in the swamp for several years.

If you're playing a Goblin, I'll change that to a happier story. Maybe they were buddies and got drunk together before he ate them

Edit: I don't like party infighting, so I'm not going to create a PC that dislikes or ever attacks another party member.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeMo wrote:

Rueben,

I'm glad she's ok. The whole making you stronger thing and all... Of course that cliche' doesn't mention the financial aspect.

Thanks. The nice thing about being Canadian in this situation is that we have universal health care. So no extra crazy costs. I'm not overly familiar with how the system in the states works, but I do know it could cost a pretty penny even for just a broken arm. My daughter, 9, was just asking about cost of this yesterday while waiting for x-ray results.

GeorgeMo wrote:

For my background language I'd chosen Goblin, and this is what was in my head for the reasoning:

basically Goblins killed rest of hunting party & enslaved him, he got away after killing and eating them, but was too ashamed to return home and went to be alone in the swamp for several years.

If you're playing a Goblin, I'll change that to a happier story. Maybe they were buddies and got drunk together before he ate them

Edit: I don't like party infighting, so I'm not going to create a PC that dislikes or ever attacks another party member.

Could be a fun rp mechanic to have your character get over his dislike/fear of goblins. They're not ALL bad.

Sidenote - will be working on my character today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Payne
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeMo wrote:

Yeah, I don't think life's purpose to kill goblinoids and goblin buddies mix. Unless we could work out some sort of direct connection, like I helped you escape and we fled together.

That might work, my backstory had me growing up in a human community as a street urchin who had delusions of himself as a folk hero of the goblins.

I could say that he sought out his "true people" but discovered them to be disgusting and hopelessly savage. After managing to get himself very close to being killed by his fellows, he freed the enslaved lizard man, who ate everybody else. I think that might leave us friends, but you still planning to kill the rest of them (while I try to civilize them). "Stop eating them right when they start to learn to read!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SolidsState wrote:
GeorgeMo wrote:

Yeah, I don't think life's purpose to kill goblinoids and goblin buddies mix. Unless we could work out some sort of direct connection, like I helped you escape and we fled together.

That might work, my backstory had me growing up in a human community as a street urchin who had delusions of himself as a folk hero of the goblins.

I could say that he sought out his "true people" but discovered them to be disgusting and hopelessly savage. After managing to get himself very close to being killed by his fellows, he freed the enslaved lizard man, who ate everybody else. I think that might leave us friends, but you still planning to kill the rest of them (while I try to civilize them). "Stop eating them right when they start to learn to read!"

That looks like a good idea to me. That could be how our PCs met. I'm trying to RP my Lizardman like it's described in Volo's - cold and calculating. He doesn't hate anything or anyone. He sees the Goblin tribes in the swamp as a plague on his people and himself with the cure being eradication of the Goblins in the swamp. That doesn't translate to hating all Goblins everywhere.

Yay, we can speak Goblin to each other!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
throw this out there for input from some of the other players here. I'm looking at a possible barb/monk multiclass. As a tortle this is doable as you get a decent AC (17) and you get a boost to STR and WIS. You can dump Dex and not be as MAD as a monk.
My biggest debate on this multiclass right now is how to split the levels. Is it better to go barbarian for 1-3 levels then switch over to Monk. Or do Monk for a number of levels first then take a dip into barbarian and come back to monk?
Feedback and insights welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which sub-race of Tortle are you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeMo wrote:
Which sub-race of Tortle are you?

To my knowledge there is no subrace...of course, I'd love to be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I looked at the home brew site with Razorback, Softshell, and Desert. I finally found the official supplement on DT RPG and have it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iamrubocop wrote:
GeorgeMo wrote:

Rueben,

Thanks. The nice thing about being Canadian in this situation is that we have universal health care. So no extra crazy costs. I'm not overly familiar with how the system in the states works, but I do know it could cost a pretty penny even for just a broken arm. My daughter, 9, was just asking about cost of this yesterday while waiting for x-ray results.

Glad to hear your daughter is recovering and gets to pick a cool color for the cast - you know, accessorizing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iamrubocop wrote:
throw this out there for input from some of the other players here. I'm looking at a possible barb/monk multiclass. As a tortle this is doable as you get a decent AC (17) and you get a boost to STR and WIS. You can dump Dex and not be as MAD as a monk.
My biggest debate on this multiclass right now is how to split the levels. Is it better to go barbarian for 1-3 levels then switch over to Monk. Or do Monk for a number of levels first then take a dip into barbarian and come back to monk?
Feedback and insights welcome!

The reason I chose Monk for my Lizardman is because of the natural Bite attack which Monk allows as a bonus attack using DEX instead of STR. I think you'll get the same with Tortle Claws, so I'd recommend starting as a Monk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SolidsState wrote:
Okay, so I tried and tried to get excited about my paladin... but our band of misfits is too perfect for the rise of the tyrant magus of the goblins, destined to bring them into a new age where they will become a great nation!

Raakt Quillbane, Spellblammer of the Goblinoid Peoples (i.e. goblin wizard). Link to char sheet posted later today.

YES!

This is great the way we are shaping our characters to something that will be engaging for each other as well as a unique (and crazy) group dynamic. So with this in mind I am working up two characters, Wood-Elf Ranger and the Tabaxi Rogue/Assassin. I am leaning more to the Tabaxi just to make this Kung Fu crew a little more 'Wild Kingdom' and to experience a race I never knew about. The abilities are interesting for the Tabaxi but balancing the other race traits will be interesting in a group.

Stay tuned, to be posted once I get them gen'd on my Geeklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your Tabaxi would be cool, especially if you support with short bow as the party archer. I'll be using javelins until I close for melee, but that's not many shots from range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave and Brian,

I was thinking of my lizard guy being from the 'new' Vast Swamp between Cormyr and Sembia. I say 'new', because it wasn't there the first 20+ years I played FR

Does that fit with everyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Payne
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Works for me, I could have grown up in Daerlun and gone into the swamp to find my people (with success as noted).

Are we all in Phlan to help Ascariel find his brother (since we are supposed to be pre-working the group and he already has a rationale for his visit)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Venables
England
Horndean
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Sharks on 3!!
badge
1-2-3-SHARKS!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about halfway through my PC at present, but I'm away to the NFL game in London from early tomorrow.

I'm off work to recover on Monday, so will post up then if ok?

Think I'm going half-drow if ok too. Caszmyr's his name, but also known as The Blackened Bard. Note that this is unrelated to ethnicity, but more because of his penchant for death poetry, dark lyrics, and his particularly favourite oeuvre of entertainment - Murder ballads.

If you're looking for a merry song, you're fresh out of luck 😉

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Venables
England
Horndean
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Sharks on 3!!
badge
1-2-3-SHARKS!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
iamrubocop wrote:

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear she's bearing up mostly well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.