The Starship From Hell
Realms of Terrinoth
Swordthrust
The One Ring: Adventures over the Edge of the Wild
Fate Core System
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
The End of the World: Wrath of the Gods
Wet Hot American Summer: Fantasy Camp
Being a role-playing game on the topic of the High-Flying adventures of Beatrice Henrietta Bristol-Smythe, DBE, daring Aviatrix and accomplished Exploratrix, and her Gentleman Companion, who for a Modest Fee, accompanies Beatrice ... [truncated]
The Final Bug
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Mutant: Year Zero Core Book
Lone Wolf Adventure Game
Starfinder Core Rulebook
Starfinder Pact Worlds
Dark Terrors
Ruins of Matolo: Discovery
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
Middle-earth Role Playing (1st Edition)
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
Star Trek: The Role Playing Game Second Edition
Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space – The Roleplaying Game (10th Doctor)
Cthulhu Britannica: Avalon: The County of Somerset
Mini Six Bare Bones Edition
Numenera
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Strategy Guide
Out of the Abyss
Leagues of Gothic Horror
Tales from the Yawning Portal
Tales from the Loop
Adventures in Reasoning: Communal Inquiry through Fantasy Role-Play
FateShoe
Players Handbook (AD&D 1e)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness
One of the Living
AMBER Diceless Role-Playing
Omlevex
Road Hogs
Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition
Old World Bestiary
Dread
Chivalry & Sorcery: Warfare & Wizardry in the Feudal Age
Thieves' World
Paranoia (Mongoose Edition)
Book 38: Vault of the Vampire
Adventure 09: Nomads of the World-Ocean
My Life with Master
The Zantabulous Zorcerer of Zo
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
400 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 

DDEX1-01: Defiance in Phlan» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [OOC] GC's RPGGeek AL game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: System:D&D5E [+] KAT:Play-by-Forum [+] Series:DDAL [+] [View All]
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the first draft of my PC's background:

Othokent Vargach is Lizardfolk Draconic for Smart Fight. He isn't intelligent compared to those soft skins who use magic, but he used smart tactics and wise choices while sparring with his brood mates and when hunting for his nest in the Vast Swamp.

While hunting with two nest-mates during his 13th season, a large group of Swamp Goblins attacked the trio of Lizardfolk. The Goblins killed and ate the other lizard hunters while Othokent Vargach was forced to watch. Like most Lizardfolk, Othokent Vargach didn't mourn his fellows or particularly hate the Goblins; he remained practical in his thoughts. He knew that either he killed his captors or they killed him.

Instead, the Swamp Goblins forced Othokent Vargach to perform menial labor as a slave, such as gutting and cleaning their kills. He was constantly shackled, hobbled, and outnumbered, so it was never reasonable or wise to attempt escape.

One day, a Goblin Spellblammer named Raakt Quillbane visited the Swamp Goblin village. After two years in captivity, Othokent Vargach had learned a decent amount of the Goblin language, so he understood Raakt's excited exclamations about finding his people and helping them gain their former glory.

...Raakt's story line piece...

Othokent Vargach feels he owes a debt to Raakt for freeing him. He also believes that Raakt's magical skill set can be useful for him, but the Goblin is otherwise frail and needs a physical protector. Othokent Vargach offered to be Raakt's bodyguard, but Raakt was leaving the swamp. Othokent Vargach wasn't ready to leave the World for the Great Unknown, so he reluctantly headed back to the nest.

As he was traveling home, Othokent Vargach decided that he did not want to return to the nest as a failure who served Goblins for years. He had heard of a Wise One who lived deep in the swamp. This hermit was said to look and act very odd, but every time someone tried to defeat the Wise One they were never seen again. The Wise One remained. Survivors and witnesses said that the hermit did not use magic but moved like the wind through the reeds even though it looked like a boulder in the muck.

Othokent Vargach found the Wise One who turned out to be a hermit Tortle. This tortoise-like loner just sat quietly. Othokent Vargach tried to get a response or reaction but could not. After repeated attempts, he announced that he did not wish to harm the hermit but needed to know if this Tortle was the legendary Wise One. For his experiment, Othokent Vargach decided to grapple. He appeared to turn away then twisted and sprung at the Wise One with claws and teeth bared. The Tortle simply brought up the shaft of a spear from one side while leaning his rotund form the other way. Othokent Vargach was deflected into the leaning Tortle's round shell, bouncing off and flying past into the muck.

By the time Othokent Vargach extricated himself from the swamp slime and turned, the Tortle hermit was standing and leaning on his spear with a look of quiet boredom. Wisely, Othokent Vargach admitted defeat and asked if he could make a deal. The Lizardman offered to hunt and serve the hermit in exchange for training. The Wise One tested Othokent Vargach, and the Lizardman passed his three tests and became the hermit's apprentice.

Othokent Vargach served the hermit Tortle Monk for five years, learning wisdom and the fluid martial art of the Monk. The Wise One had Othokent Vargach defeat any and all attackers for practice and patched him up after, thus Othokent Vargach also learned herbalism and medicine. He was frequently sent into the deep swamp to gather rare herbs, encountering many dangerous enemies.

The ancient Tortle, who never told Othokent Vargach why he was a hermit, passed away from old age. Othokent Vargach stayed there for almost a year, not in mourning his master but with no practical options. He had become the new Wise One, meaning that food and treasure came to him. After killing a group of Goblins that dared to attack him, Othokent Vargach was thinking about his debt to Raakt and how he could learn even more with the Spellblammer. He decided to look for Raakt Quillbane to see if he was still alive and in need of a bodyguard. Othokent Vargach now feared nothing, especially with magical backing from Raakt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chua
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeMo wrote:
Dave and Brian,

I was thinking of my lizard guy being from the 'new' Vast Swamp between Cormyr and Sembia. I say 'new', because it wasn't there the first 20+ years I played FR

Does that fit with everyone?

Sounds good to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chua
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Methsdrinker wrote:
I'm about halfway through my PC at present, but I'm away to the NFL game in London from early tomorrow.

I'm off work to recover on Monday, so will post up then if ok?

Think I'm going half-drow if ok too. Caszmyr's his name, but also known as The Blackened Bard. Note that this is unrelated to ethnicity, but more because of his penchant for death poetry, dark lyrics, and his particularly favourite oeuvre of entertainment - Murder ballads.

If you're looking for a merry song, you're fresh out of luck 😉

John

AS long as his traits are those of a half-elf, that's fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
Is SCAG your +1? If so, you have this option:

Quote:
HALF-ELF VARIANTS
Some half-elves in Faerun have a racial trait in place of the Skill Versatility trait. If your DM allows it, your half-elf character can forgo Skill Versatility and instead take the elf trait Keen Senses or a trait based on your elf parentage:
• A half-elf of drow descent can choose the drow's Drow Magic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Methsdrinker wrote:
I'm about halfway through my PC at present, but I'm away to the NFL game in London from early tomorrow.

I'm off work to recover on Monday, so will post up then if ok?

Think I'm going half-drow if ok too. Caszmyr's his name, but also known as The Blackened Bard. Note that this is unrelated to ethnicity, but more because of his penchant for death poetry, dark lyrics, and his particularly favourite oeuvre of entertainment - Murder ballads.

If you're looking for a merry song, you're fresh out of luck 😉

John

Drow Bard sounds excellent, John. What an interesting party we will have!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's quiet in here today. I'm on a plane for my weekly travel, this time from home in TX to work in CA. Happily I have free WiFi on flights now. Being in CA this week means only posting involved posts in the early mornings and evenings Pacific time, but I plan on posting daily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WIP, almost done. Just background I think.

Olo, Tortle Monk 1

Name : Olo
Class : Monk
Race : Tortle
Background: Hermit
Alignment : Lawful Neutral
Deity :
Size : Medium
Languages : Common, Aquan
Faction :
Renown : 0
Downtime : 0 days

Olo: Tortle Monk 1
HP 10/10 | AC 17 | Inspiration 0/1 | Init +0 | Perc +2 |
Ki DC: 12 | Ki points 0/0 |

Background:

Personal Goal
Olo was a pilgrim in search of the great one who could bring answers to his recurring nightmare of the world's end and further his training. Olo must find these answers, stop the nightmares from becoming reality, and warn others in the process.

Personality Traits
Olo is socially awkward to the point of hiding in his shell, yet utterly serene in the face of danger. He prefers the silence of the wilderness and time spent meditating while fishing. He's oblivious to etiquette.

Ideals
Greater Good. My gifts are meant to be shared with all, not used for my own benefit.

Bonds
Olo is still seeking the enlightment and answers he pursued in seclusion.

Flaws
Olo believes all bad things that happen are signs of the end.

Physical Characteristics

Height: 6 ft.
Weight: 450lbs

Physical Description:
6' tall, 450lb. Tortle.

A.C.(Unarmoured Defence) : 17
Hit Points : 10/10
Level : 1
Experience Points : 0/600
Speed(Unarmoured Movement): 30ft
Initiative : +0
Hit Dice (+1 CON/Lvl) : 1d8
Proficiency Bonus : +2
Passive Perception : 12
Ki Points : 0/0
Ki DC : 1x

Abilities: Score (Mod)

STR 17 (+3)
DEX 10 (+0)
CON 14 (+2)
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 15 (+2)
CHA 8 (-1)

Save Proficiencies:

STR +5
DEX +2

CON +2
INT -1
WIS +2
CHA -1

Skills

Acrobatics (Dex) : +0
Animal Handling (Wis): +2
Arcana (Int) : -1
Athletics (Str) : +5
Deception (Cha) : -1
History (Int) : -1
Insight (Wis) : +4
Intimidation (Cha) : -1
Investigation (Int) : -1
Medicine (Wis) : +4
Nature (Int) : -1
Perception (Wis) : +2
Performance (Cha) : -1
Persuasion (Cha) : -1
Religion (Int) : +1
Sleight of Hand (Dex): +0
Stealth (Dex) : +0
Survival (Wis) : +2

Skill Proficiencies:
Languages – Common, Aquan, +1

Tool Proficiencies:
Woodcarver's tools, Pan Flute

Weapon Proficiencies:
Simple Weapons & Short Swords.

Armour Proficiencies:
None.

Other Proficiencies:
None.

Attack Workspace

*Unarmed Strike | Melee | +5 To Hit | 00 - 05ft | d4+3 Bludgeoning, slashing
*Fishing Pole (Quarterstaff) | Melee | +5 To Hit | 00 - 05ft | d6+3 | d8+3 Bludgeoning, versatile
*Porcupine Quills (Darts) | Ranged | +2 To Hit | 20 - 60ft | d4 piercing

*Martial Arts ability

Way of the Open Hand Workspace

Monks of the Way of the Open Hand are the ultimate masters of martial arts Combat, whether armed or unarmed. They learn techniques to push and trip their opponents, manipulate ki to heal damage to their bodies, and practice advanced meditation that can protect them from harm.

Level 3
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Open Hand Technique

Starting when you choose this tradition at 3rd level, you can manipulate your enemy’s ki when you harness your own. Whenever you hit a creature with one of the attacks granted by your Flurry of Blows, you can impose one of the following effects on that target:
· It must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or be knocked prone.
· It must make a Strength saving throw. If it fails, you can push it up to 15 feet away from you.
· It can’t take reactions until the end of your next turn.

Level 6

Wholeness of Body

At 6th level, you gain the ability to heal yourself. As an action, you can regain hit points equal to three times your monk level. You must finish a Long Rest before you can use this feature again.

Level 11

Tranquility

Beginning at 11th level, you can enter a Special meditation that surrounds you with an aura of peace. At the end of a Long Rest, you gain the effect of a Sanctuary spell that lasts until the start of your next Long Rest (the spell can end early as normal). The saving throw DC for the spell equals 8 + your Wisdom modifier + your proficiency bonus.

Level 17

Quivering Palm

At 17th level, you gain the ability to set up lethal vibrations in someone’s body. When you hit a creature with an unarmed strike, you can spend 3 ki points to start these imperceptible vibrations, which last for a number of days equal to your monk level. The vibrations are harmless unless you use your action to end them. To do so, you and the target must be on the same plane of existence. When you use this action, the creature must make a Constitution saving throw. If it fails, it is reduced to 0 hit points. If it succeeds, it takes 10d10 necrotic damage.

You can have only one creature under the effect of this feature at a time. You can choose to end the vibrations harmlessly without using an action.

Class Features & Racial Traits:
Monk:

Unarmored Defense

Beginning at 1st level, while you are wearing no armour and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Wisdom modifier.

Martial Arts

At 1st level, your practice of martial arts gives you mastery of combat styles that use unarmed strikes and monk weapons, which are shortswords and any simple melee weapons that don’t have the two-handed or heavy property.

You gains the following benefits while you are unarmed or wielding only monk weapons and you aren't wearing armour or wielding a shield.

You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes and monk weapons.

You can roll a d4 in place of the normal damage of his unarmed strike or monk weapon. This die changes as you gain monk levels, as shown in the Martial Arts column of the Monk table.

When you usesthe Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon on your turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action. For example, if you take the Attack action and attack with a quarterstaff, you can also make an unarmed strike as a bonus action, assuming you haven’t already taken a bonus action this turn.

Certain monasteries use specialized forms of the monk weapons. Ascariel uses shortswords with a shorter, straighter blade (called katanas). Whatever name is used for the monk weapon, you use the game statistics provided for the equivalent weapon.

Level 2 forward:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Ki

Starting at 2nd level, Ascariel's training allows him to harness the mystic energy of Ki. His access to this energy is represented by a number of Ki points. Ascariel's monk level determines the number of points he has, as shown in the Ki Points column of the Monk table.

Unarmored Movement

Starting at 2nd level, Ascariel's speed increases by 10 feet while he is not wearing armour or wielding a shield. This bonus increases when Ascariel reaches certain monk levels, as shown in the Monk table.

At 9th level, Ascariel gains the ability to move along vertical surfaces and across liquids on your turn without falling during the move.

Monastic Tradition

When he reached 3rd level, Ascariel committed himself to a monastic tradition, the Way of the Open Palm. This tradition granted Ascariel features at 3rd level and again at 6th, 11th, and 17th level.

Ki Features

Ascariel can spend these points to fuel various Ki features. Ascariel starts knowing three such features: Flurry of Blows, Patient Defence, and Step of the Wind. Ascariel learns more Ki features as he gains levels in this class.

When Ascariel spends a Ki point, it is unavailable until he finishes a short or long rest, at the end of which he draws all of his expended Ki back into himself. Ascariel must spend at least 30 minutes of the rest meditating to regain his Ki points.

Some of Ascariel's Ki features require his target to make a saving throw to resist the feature’s effects. The saving throw DC is calculated as follows:

Ki save DC = 8 + his proficiency bonus + his Wisdom modifier

*Flurry of Blows
Immediately after Ascariel takes the Attack action on his turn, he can spend 1 Ki point to make two unarmed strikes as a bonus action.

*Patient Defense
Ascariel can spend 1 Ki point to take the Dodge action as a bonus action on histurn.

*Step of the Wind
Ascariel can spend 1 Ki point to take the Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action on his turn, and his jump distance is doubled for the turn.

Deflect Missiles

Starting at 3rd level, Ascariel can use his reaction to deflect or catch the missile when he is hit by a ranged weapon attack. When he does so, the damage he takes from the attack is reduced by 1d10 + his Dexterity modifier + his monk level.

If Ascariel reduces the damage to 0, he can catch the missile if it is small enough for him to hold in one hand and he has at least one hand free. If he catches a missile in this way, he can spend 1 Ki point to make a ranged attack with the weapon or piece of ammunition you just caught, as part of the same reaction. Ascariel makes this attack with proficiency, regardless of his weapon proficiencies, and the missile counts as a monk weapon for the attack, which has a normal range of 20 feet and a long range of 60 feet.

Ability Score Improvement

When he reaches 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th, and 19th level, Ascariel can increase one ability score of his choice by 2, or he can increase two ability scores of his choice by 1. As normal, he can’t increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.

Slow Fall

Beginning at 4th level, Ascariel can use his reaction when he falls to reduce any falling damage he takes by an amount equal to five times his monk level.

Extra Attack

Beginning at 5th level, Ascariel can attack twice, instead of once, whenever he takes the Attack action on his turn.

Stunning Strike

Starting at 5th level, Ascariel can interfere with the flow of Ki in an opponent’s body. When he hits another creature with a melee weapon attack, he can spend 1 Ki point to attempt a stunning strike. The target must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or be Stunned until the end of Ascariel's next turn.

Ki- Empowered Strikes

Starting at 6th level, your unarmed strikes count as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to non-magical attacks and damage.

Tortle:

Claws
Make unarmed attacks with your claws at 1d4+STR modifier (slashing damage)

Natural Armor
Shell gives you a natural AC of 17 (Dex does not affect this). You gain no benefit from wearing armor, but may benefit from using a shield.

Hold Breath
You may remain underwater for up to 1 hour.

Shell Defense
You can withdraw into your shell as an action. Until you emerge you receive a +4 bonus to your AC, and you have advantage on STR and CON based savings throws. While you are in your shell, you are prone, your speed is 0 and can't increase, you have disadvantage on DEX savings throws, can't take reactions, and the only action you can take is a bonus action to emerge from your shell.

Survival Instinct
You gain proficiency in Survival skill.

Hermit:

Feature: Discovery.

Equipment:

Armour: None.
Shield: None.

Other Equipment:

Fishing Pole (Quarterstaff)
Porcupine Quills (Darts) x10

Backpack containing:

Bedroll
Common Clothes
Pan Flute
Herbalism Kit
Mess Kit
Rope (Hempen 50ft)
Tinderbox
Torches x10
Rations x10
Waterskin
Woodcarver’s Tools ?
50ft rope
Scroll case stuffed with notes from my prayers and studies
Winter Blanket

Money*:
5 gp
0 sp
0 cp

Adventures: Defiance in Phlann (Currently)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, got this far with my character creation as well but I need to flush out the unique Tabaxi traits into Rogue/Sage/Neutral combination when only Volo's has race information, wish there was more but here we go....

BTW, figured out how to do the FLOATLEFT layout for some of the table so just click quote to use that layout from this sheet if you want. I will be posting the character vignette for the complete sheet with background, etc. here that will link to my new 5E character geeklist.

Character Name: Night Cloud

Class / Level ROGUE 1 Background SAGE Faction .............

Race TABAXI Alignment NEUTRAL XP .......

MOD SAVE
STRENGTH {10} [+0] (+0) [..] INSPIRATION
DEXTERITY {17} [+3] (+5)* (+2) PROFICIENCY BONUS*
CONSTITUTION {13} [+1] (+1)
INTELLIGENCE {14} [+1] (+3)* ARMOR CLASS {14}
WISDOM {12} [+1] (+1) INITIATIVE [+3]
CHARISMA {09} [-1] (-1) SPEED [30 ft]

{11} PASSIVE WISDOM (Perception)

HIT POINTS MAX[8+2=10] Current[10] Temporary[..]
HIT DIE Total {1d8} Current [d8 +.]
DEATH SAVES Successes [.] [.] [.]
Failures [.] [.] [.]

SKILLS
[X] +5 Acrobatics (Dex)
[ ] +1 Animal Handling (Wis)
[ ] +1 Arcana (Int)
[ ] +0 Athletics (Str)
[ ] -1 Deception (Cha)
[ ] +1 History (Int)
[ ] +1 Insight (Wis)
[ ] -1 Intimidation (Cha)
[X] +3 Investigation (Int)
[ ] +1 Medicine (Wis)
[ ] +1 Nature (Int)
[X] +3 Perception (Wis)#
[ ] -1 Performance (Cha)
[ ] -1 Persuasion (Cha)
[ ] +1 Religion (Int)
[ ] +3 Sleight of Hand (Dex)
[X] +7 Stealth (Dex)~#
[ ] +1 Survival (Wis)

~ Expertise in Stealth and Thieves’ Tools
# Race proficiency in Perception and Stealth

ATTACKS & SPELLCASTING
Name ATK Bonus DMG/Type
Shortsword [+5]* 1d6 +3 piercing
Shortbow~ [+5]* 1d6 +3 piercing
Daggers [+..] 1d4 +. piercing
................ [+..] .............
................ [+..] .............

Notes.
~You can shoot your shortbow 80 feet, or up to 320 feet with
disadvantage on the attack roll.
Sneak Attack : Once per turn, when you hit a creature with a
Dexterity-based attack (such as with your shortsword or
shortbow) and you have advantage on the attack roll, you can
deal an extra 1d6 damage to your target. You don’t need
advantage if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet
of it and isn’t incapacitated. You can’t deal the extra
damage, however, if you have disadvantage on the attack
roll.

OTHER PROFICIENCIES & LANGUAGES
Proficiencies : Light armor, simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords, thieves’ tools
Languages : Common, Tabaxi
Expertise : When you make a Dexterity (Stealth) check or a check using thieves’ tools, your proficiency bonus is doubled. This benefit is included in your Stealth skill bonus.
PERSONALITY TRAITS
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

IDEALS

BONDS

FLAWS

ADDITIONAL FEATURES & TRAITS
Thieves’ Cant : You know thieves’ cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. You also understand a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.
Darkvision : You have a cat’s keen senses, especially in the dark. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light. You cannot discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Feline Agility : Your reflexes and agility allow you to move with a burst of speed. When you move on your turn in combat, you can double your speed until the end of the turn. Once you use this trait, you cannot use it again until you move 0 feet on one of your turns.
Cat’s Claws : Because of your claws, you have a climbing speed of 20 feet. In addition, your claws are natural weapons, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with them, you deal slashing damage equal to 1d4+ your Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.
Cat’s Talent : You have a proficiency in Perception and Stealth skills.
COINAGE
CP {..}
SP {..}
EP {..}
GP {..}
PP {..}

EQUIPMENT
Shortsword
Shortbow
20 Arrows
Leather Armor
Thieves’ Tools
Backpack
Bell
5 Candles
Crowbar
Hammer
10 Pitons
50 Feet Of Hempen Rope
Hooded Lantern
2 Flasks Of Oil
5 Days Rations
Tinderbox
Waterskin
Crowbar
Set Of Dark Common Clothes Including Hood
Pouch
TREASURE
(..) Total Non-Consumable Magic Items

SPELLS
Spell DC [..] Casting Bonus [..] Spell Ability [...] Spell Level [.]

Spell {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} {6} {7} {8} {9}
Slots ./. ./. ./. ./. ./. ./. ./. ./. ./.

SPELLS KNOWN
Lvl Name Target Range Duration Effect
{0} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................
{1} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................
{2} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................
{3} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................
{4} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................
{5} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................
{6} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................
{7} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................
{8} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................
{9} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................

CHARACTER APPEARANCE
[IMAGEID=]

Eyes: Skin: Hair:

CHARACTER BACKSTORY

ALLIES & ORGANIZATIONS
Faction Rank:

CLASS FEATURES
Rogue (PHB-94)
1st Level
Expertise : At 1st level, this character has expertise in Stealth & with Thieves' Tools. His proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check he makes that uses Stealth or Thieves Tools.

Sneak Attack : Beginning at 1st level, this character knows how to strike subtly and exploit a foe's distraction. Once per turn, this character can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature he hits with an Attack if this character has advantage on the Attack roll. The Attack must use a Finesse or a ranged weapon. This character doesn't need advantage on the Attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't Incapacitated, and this character doesn't have disadvantage on the Attack roll. The amount of the extra damage increases as this character gain levels in this class, as shown in the Sneak Attack column of the Rogue table.

Thieves' Cant : During Rogue training this character learned thieves' cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows this character to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves' cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a Message than it does to speak the same idea plainly. In addition, this character understands a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves' guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.

2nd Level
Cunning Action : Starting at 2nd level, this character’s quick thinking and agility allows this character to move and act quickly. This character can take a Bonus Action on each of this character’s turns in Combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

3rd Level
Roguish Archetype: ARCANE TRICKSTER
Cantrips : You learn three cantrips: mage hand and two other cantrips of your choice from the wizard spell list. You learn another wizard cantrip of your choice at 10th level.

Spell Slots : The Arcane Trickster Spellcasting table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.
For example, if you know the 1st-level spell charm person and have a 1st-level and a 2nd-level spell slot available, you can cast charm person using either slot.

Spells Known of 1st-Level and Higher : You know three 1st-level wizard spells of your choice, two of which you must choose from the enchantment and illusion spells on the wizard spell list.
The Spells Known column of the Arcane Trickster Spellcasting table shows when you learn more wizard spells of 1st level or higher. Each of these spells must be an enchantment or illusion spell of your choice, and must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For instance, when you reach 7th level in this class, you can learn one new spell of 1st or 2nd level.
The spells you learn at 8th, 14th, and 20th level can come from any school of magic.
Whenever you gain a level in this class, you can replace one of the wizard spells you know with another spell of your choice from the wizard spell list. The new spell must be of a level for which you have spell slots, and it must be an enchantment or illusion spell, unless you’re replacing the spell you gained at 8th, 14th, or 20th level.

Spellcasting Ability : Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for your wizard spells, since you learn your spells through dedicated study and memorization. You use your Intelligence whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Intelligence modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a wizard spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.

3rd Level
Mage Hand Legerdemain : Starting at 3rd level, when you cast mage hand, you can make the spectral hand invisible, and you can perform the following additional tasks with it:
~ You can stow one object the hand is holding in a container worn or carried by another creature.
~ You can retrieve an object in a container worn or carried by another creature.
~ You can use thieves’ tools to pick locks and disarm traps at range.
~ You can perform one of these tasks without being noticed by a creature if you succeed on a Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check contested by the creature’s Wisdom (Perception) check.
In addition, you can use the bonus action granted by your Cunning Action to control the hand.

4th Level
Ability Score Improvement : When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 10th, 12th, 16th, and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.

5th Level
Uncanny Dodge : Starting at 5th level, when an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack's damage against you.

6th Level
Expertise : At 6th level, you can choose two more of his proficiencies (in skills or with thieves' tools) to gain this benefit.

7th Level
Evasion : Beginning at 7th level, you can nimbly dodge out of the way of certain area effects, such as a red dragon's fiery breath or an ice storm spell. When you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, and only half damage if you fail.

8th Level
Ability Score Improvement : When you reach 8th level, and again at 10th, 12th, 16th, and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.

9th Level
Magical Ambush : Starting at 9th level, if you are hidden from a creature when you cast a spell on it, the creature has disadvantage on any saving throw it makes against the spell this turn.

10th Level
Ability Score Improvement : When you reach 10th level, and again at 12th, 16th, and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.

11th Level
Reliable Talent : By 11th level, you have refined your chosen skills until they approach perfection. Whenever you make an ability check that lets you add your proficiency bonus, you can treat a d20 roll of 9 or lower as a 10.

12th Level
Ability Score Improvement : When you reach 12th level, and again at 16th, and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.

13th Level
Versatile Trickster : At 13th level, you gain the ability to distract targets with your mage hand. As a bonus action on your turn, you can designate a creature within 5 feet of the spectral hand created by the spell. Doing so gives you advantage on attack rolls against that creature until the end of the turn.

14th Level
Blindsense : Starting at 14th level, if you are able to hear, you are aware of the location of any hidden or invisible creature within 10 feet of you.

15th Level
Slippery Mind : By 15th level, you have acquired greater mental strength. You gain proficiency in Wisdom saving throws.

16th Level
Ability Score Improvement : When you reach 16th level, and again at 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.

17th Level
Spell Thief : At 17th level, you gain the ability to magically steal the knowledge of how to cast a spell from another spellcaster.
Immediately after a creature casts a spell that targets you or includes you in its area of effect, you can use your reaction to force the creature to make a saving throw with its spellcasting ability modifier. The DC equals your spell save DC. On a failed save, you negate the spell’s effect against you, and you steal the knowledge of the spell if it is at least 1st level and of a level you can cast (it doesn’t need to be a wizard spell). For the next 8 hours, you know the spell and can cast it using your spell slots. The creature can’t cast that spell until the 8 hours have passed.
Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.

18th Level
Elusive : Beginning at 18th level, you are so evasive that attackers rarely gain the upper hand against you. No attack roll has advantage against you while you aren't incapacitated.

19th Level
Ability Score Improvement : When you reach 19th level you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.

20th Level
Stroke of Luck : At 20th level, you have an uncanny knack for succeeding when you need to. If your attack misses a target within range, you can turn the miss into a hit. Alternatively, if you fail an ability check, you can treat the d20 roll as a 20.
Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

GENERAL NOTES.
* Character derived from PHB+1 (VGtM)
* Character creation date 2017-09-24

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Payne
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raakt (goblin wizard) character sheet can be found here: Raakt Squillbane

Incoming background text:

Description/Background:
Raakt Squillbane, a three foot, extremely clean, light green goblin, who was dressed in sorcerous robes clearly designed for someone a bit taller, his expression serious, or at best mordant, superior, slightly sneering, like an ugly child and a museum curator had coalesced.

Background:
The story as Raakt would tell it is as follows. He was still a tiny child when he Realized His Destiny. Living among his supportive fellow orphans, in great Fellowship and Harmony, Raakt knew that he was different from the other homeless children of Daelun, when the others Begged for His Protection from the squillrats that preyed upon them, stabbing with their venomous spines, gnawing the children’s toes and noses, in their ragged shanty as they slept. In response to their urgings, Raakt willingly took up his residence in the sub-basement of the building, on the floor below the other children, where the squillrats nested, and Battled Them Heroically for the early years of his childhood. Although he lost some of one ear, and much of his nose, to the Ongoing Warfare, he preserved the safety of his fellow noble street survivors and became as Elusive and Cunning as the rats themselves.
Several years later, upon discovering his Survival and Triumph, and Amazed that they had not even known of Raakt’s Heroic Presence for years, the other children Generously Gave Up their Own Safety to help others, and Insisted that Raakt bring his skills and protection to the city at large by leaving the group home. How tragic, then, that the orphans lost that noble dwelling which had served as a home for so long, and their freedom, when the Constabulary Traced a local wave of Petty Crime to the Unfortunate Youngsters. Raakt was sorrowed that the information he had shared about the children’s criminal natures had led to their downfall, but he owed a Responsibility to the City, and to the People, and they would finally have an opportunity for Self-Improvement while in Confinement.
Meanwhile, Raakt had discovered a comfortable dwelling with the Kindly Lady wizard, Esmerelda, who had Conveniently left a portion of her estate untenanted and accessible, clearly Anticipating its use by those in need. Over the next year, Raakt grew to know the Old Woman well, learning her habits and routines, the way she carefully ensured he had access to her food, clothing, and even Books of Magic, without ever acknowledging his presence. Goblin attacks had increased in the swamps, and Raakt had ample opportunity to Overhear the Old Wizard complaining about his cousin’s savagery and cruelty, especially after the Tragic Loss of her Nephew. Esmerelda was, in general, in Mourning for the Downfall of Civilization, and How all Culture and Leaning was being Lost, and the Tragedy of Young People These Days. As he studied her books, Raakt came to understand her wisdom, agreed with her conclusions, and grew ever more Convinced that This Was His Destiny, to bring the glories of civilization to his people across Faerun. Raakt knew that Esmerelda supported his mission when she “forgot” to secure her spellbook one night, and thereby ensured he could move on to the next stage of his project. After the Old Woman discovered he had Retrieved the Book, she emptied his meager living space and Warded her home against intrusion, surely intending to Strengthen Raakt’s Resolve to proceed.
Raakt entered the Great Swamp, where his people were said to dwell in their Natural and Savage State, well prepared for the coming of learning and wisdom. Raakt imagined that they would, perhaps, name their tribe after him or immediately elevate him to the high priest or chief, where he could begin to build the Strong, Yet Wise and Kindly, people to whom he knew he belonged. What he found was far different, and Tragic in its Implications. The goblins were Debased beyond belief, and wantonly rejected the Wonders of Advancement that Raakt had to offer. While his small magical abilities earned him some tolerance among them, despite his disgust and antipathy, the Detente did not last long. Upon Raakt’s explanation of their Current State and Glorious Future, the tribal elders became quite irate. It became clear to Raakt that he was not far from a stewpot himself – and since with Him would go the Hope of Goblin Progress, he was forced to take drastic measures to preserve the future.
Raakt had previously made the acquaintance of one of the goblin’s slaves, Othokent Vargach, a powerful lizardman with whom he had whiled away many hours discussing his Discontent with the goblin’s State. Sadly, Raakt felt that Otho understood him far better than the savages supposedly kin to him. One night, Raakt, learning that his people planned to have him Murdered as he Slept while on a hunting trip, freed Otho and assisted him with his spells ensured the hunting party Failed to Return, in this case because they had been quite thoroughly eaten. It was a revelation about the goblin-eat-lizardman world for Raakt, and though he asked Otho to accompany him out of the swamp for their Mutual Defense, the lizardman remained.
For years now Raakt has traveled and learned, associating himself with different groups of strong warriors and continuing to develop his powers of magic, but the return of his friend Otho has left him overjoyed. Surely the two would one day bring Enlightenment to the Goblinoids (one way or the other).

Personal Goal:
Bring civilization and modernity to the Goblins, whatever it takes

Personality Traits:
Slightly condescending, self-assured, smart

Ideals:
The Beauty and Wisdom of Classical Civilization and its current Debased Form

Bonds:
Orthokent Vargach
(other player characters)

Flaws:
Over-confident, delusional
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chua
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking good guys. Hope we can start by end of the week.

For AL, you can rebuild your character before you hit level 5 any number of times after the conclusion of each adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, here it goes for the Tabaxi/Rogue/Far Traveler character backstory

Gifted with a curiosity NIGHT CLOUD, as a gangling kit, frequently wander to his elderly Uncle's liar to read through his vast musings and scripts on his experiences during his decades of knowledge gathering. To touch the unique items in his Uncle's collection and be able to listen in on his lectures to visiting elders of the Tabaxi, NIGHT grew up with an immeasurable curiosity that his pard (family) was not enthusiastic about.

The CLOUD Pard was a pious family that revolved their day to day lives around the teachings and blissful fulfillment of serving the Cat Lord. Only a select few Pard members were accepted to the Temple of the Tree by which our clan was named (Mountain Tree). And when the clerics came to the Learning Halls to observe students who could be worthy acolytes, NIGHT came to their attention because of his odd but open knowledge of things, focus on seeking truths, and lack of greed or want. So it was no surprise when the CLOUD Pard elders received the scroll from the Temple declaring NIGHT as a 'soul needed to serve the Cat Lord'. But for NIGHT it was a difficult decision to either do what is right for Pard honor or to seek a wanderer’s path to gather knowledge for an unknown end. NIGHT did what was right, honorable but disheartening to his soul.

NIGHT focused on the teachings of the Cat Lord clerics and came to understand that part of the clerics interest in him as an acolyte was NIGHT's ability to find things where others could not; his sense of energies within objects and sometimes locations; and the random odd activity that could be called magic. The Cat Lord clerics took NIGHT down the path of righteous magic philosophy and use in hopes of instilling virtuous and pious direction. NIGHT followed their teachings but would always return back to the tomes of history, geography, and legends whenever he could. It became apparent to the clerics of the Temple that NIGHT's mind was not serving the Cat Lord but more focused on what they deemed selfish endeavors. The Cleric of the Eye influenced the other clerics to send NIGHT away from the Temple because there were other acolytes who were dedicated to the Cat Lord and focused on the Temple teachings.

When NIGHT CLOUD was finally dismissed from the temple, for not being pious enough to focus on the clerics teachings of the Cat Lord and what they deemed his Claws of Magic, he was very distraught on how to tell his family of this shame. On his journey back home NIGHT collected things - a stone with unique colors, leaves of different patterns almost like cyphers - remembering every detail of where he found them and what likely was their path to intersect with his own path. This enlightened NIGHT that the path back home may best be taken with many intersections that encountered many interesting pieces of knowledge, artifacts, lore, and experiences. But how to start on this path without imminent death as an encounter?

NIGHT stopped to visit his old uncle instead of going directly back to the CLOUD Pard. His Uncle, SHADOW CLOUD, had wandered the Far Lands and had somehow survived the years away with his will and life intact. Uncle SHADOW told NIGHT about how he would work with a guild to "acquire" items of interest or exterminate vile creatures in the underneath. This would give him coins to be able to eat and travel safely about the lands as well as providing him with some very interesting skills to obtain fascinating, intriguing, and astounding items he has in his collection. NIGHT was shocked when his uncle confessed that he worked as a thief during his years away solely because his musical skills were not good enough. But the lore and tales his uncle told him of the amazing items, tomes, and experiences were intoxicating. NIGHT knew working in this capacity would be good to fund his ventures and since his interests would not be for greed or want of the physical things but more so the unraveling of the stories and history.

NIGHT's Uncle SHADOW took him under his tutelage, to learn the ways of stealth and thievery, and then sent him on his way to the far lands and a place called Faerun. With a letter from Uncle SHADOW, and his experiences traveling through the far lands, NIGHT was able to solicit guild membership. As the months, then years, passed by NIGHT continued to feel the inclinations to magic but began to focus this on his unique actions at acquiring things, honing his senses to find things or see the energies around them. Since coming to Faerun there have been many encounters for NIGHT, some pleasant fetching and disposal events - others complicated and painful adventures, but there was always some object or piece of information that quenched NIGHT's insatiable desire for knowledge. His curiosity has led him here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Venables
England
Horndean
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Sharks on 3!!
badge
1-2-3-SHARKS!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody looking good so far. Got back from the NFL game later than expected, and it's late now.

Here's most of Caszymr: The Blacken'd Bard.

https://www.rpggeek.com/geeklist/230601/methsdrinkers-pbf-pc...

I just have my backstory and equipment to add (tomorrow). Apologies for the poor formatting - I'm a complete Luddite when it comes to most IT related tasks.

John.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chua
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Methsdrinker wrote:
Everybody looking good so far. Got back from the NFL game later than expected, and it's late now.

Here's most of Caszymr: The Blacken'd Bard.

https://www.rpggeek.com/geeklist/230601/methsdrinkers-pbf-pc...

I just have my backstory and equipment to add (tomorrow). Apologies for the poor formatting - I'm a complete Luddite when it comes to most IT related tasks.

John.

Looking good. There's always default equipment from background and class as well, which often works well enough.

No need to work in something too complicated for your backstory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Payne
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave, I'm missing from the ic thread list of players, but was in the list you posted on the recruiting thread. Oversight?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SolidsState wrote:
Dave, I'm missing from the ic thread list of players, but was in the list you posted on the recruiting thread. Oversight?

I hope so, because I need your PC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chua
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SolidsState wrote:

Ok added!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Venables
England
Horndean
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Sharks on 3!!
badge
1-2-3-SHARKS!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, here's Caszmyr: The Blacken'd Bard

RACE Half Drow CLASS/LEVEL Bard/1
BACKGROUND Entertainer ALIGNMENT Chaotic Good

score mod. save score mod. save
CHARISMA {17} [+3] (+5)* CONSTITUTION {12} [+1] (+1)
DEXTERITY {15} [+2] (+4)* INTELLIGENCE {10} [+0] (+0)
STRENGTH {10} [+0] (+0) WISDOM {12} [+1] (+1)

ARMOR CLASS [13] SPEED [30] INITIATIVE [+2] PROFICIENCY [+2]
HIT POINTS: -maximum [9] -current [9] -temporary [..]
DEATH SAVES: -successes[./3] -failures [./3] HIT DIE [d8+1]

[X] +4 ACROBATICS (Dex) [X] +3 MEDICINE (Wis)
[-] +1 ANIMAL HANDLING (Wis) [-] +1 NATURE (Int)
[X] +2 ARCANA (Int) [-] +1 PERCEPTION (Wis)
[-] +0 ATHLETICS (Str) [X] +5 PERFORMANCE (Cha)
[-] +3 DECEPTION (Cha) [-] +3 PERSUASION (Cha)
[-] +0 HISTORY (Int) [-] +0 RELIGION (Int)
[-] +1 INSIGHT (Wis) [-] +2 SLEIGHT OF HAND (Dex)
[-] +3 INTIMIDATION (Cha) [X] +4 STEALTH (Dex)
[-] +0 INVESTIGATION (Int) [-] +1` SURVIVAL (Wis)

weapon/power bonus damage damage type notes
Rapier. [+4] [1d8+2] Piercing .........................
Hand Crossbow [+4] [1d6+2] Piercing .........................

RACE / CLASS / BACKGROUND FEATURES
feature notes .. RACE Dark Vision 60”, Fey Ancestry (Adv. on Charm Spells, Immun. to Sleep), R&W Common, Undercommon, Elvish, Drow Magic Dancing Lights - 1st, Faerie Fire - 3rd, Darkness - 5th)

.. CLASS Prof: Light Armour, Hand Crossbow, Longsword, Rapier, Shortswords, Simple Weapons. Spell casting, Bardic Inspiration (d6 - 3/long rest). Arcana, Stealth, Medicine.
.. BACKGROUND Acrobatics, Performance, By Popular Demand (always find lodgings),

SPELL DC [13] CASTING BONUS [+5] SPELL ABILITY [...] SPELL LEVEL [1]

SPELL {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} {6} {7} {8} {9}
SLOTS: ./. ./. ./. ./. ./. ./. ./. ./. ./.

SPELLS KNOWN
lvl.
{0} Dancing Lights, Mending, Blade Ward

{1} Detect Magic, Cure Wounds, Silent Image, Thunderwave
{2} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................
{3} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................
{4} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................
{5} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................
{6} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................
{7} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................
{8} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................
{9} .......... ...... ..... ........ .............................

EQUIPMENT
15Gp
Leather Armour (black and silver), Rapier, Diplomat's Pack, Roll pouch with in built bone xylophone, a tubular bell, war gong and other various percussion instruments, drow flute, rope, 5 day's rations.

PERSONALITY - I'll settle for nothing less than perfection.

IDEALS - Art should reflect the soul' it should come from within and reveal who we really are.

BONDS - I will do anything to prove myself superior to my most hated rival.

FLAWS - I once satirized a noble who still dearly wants my head. It is a mistake I will likely repeat.

STORY

Caszymr hailed from Dambreth, or so his wards told him (and never let the facts get in the way of a good tale!!) His parents, he was told, were nobility in the area, but when the people of Dambreth rose up in popular revolt, Caszymr was spirited away in the dead of night.

Whilst still only young, his caravan travelled into the Underdark to avoid pursuit, but small in number and poorly supplied, they were ambushed by a Drow raiding party. Taken to Mantol-Derith, he was sold into slavery to serve the vile whims of a Drow Priestess noble from House Ousstyl of Menzoberranzan.

He showed great promise with music whilst in servitude, his one small respite from drudgery being the drow flute he was coerced to learn, and Caszymr was often wheeled out to play for visiting nobles, decadent parties and strange rituals.

His true power, however, lay in writing dark, death-tinged ballads and lyrics that stemmed from his depression in captivity, and in a fit of rage, he penned his first opus "The Lash of Lady Lolth" which disparaged his mistress in no uncertain terms.

Knowing that her response would be murderous, Caszymr planned to flee whilst on a trading trip back to Mantol-Derith. He convinced a troupe of Goblins to take him back to the surface in return for music and healing. Whilst in their company, he took a strong liking to the percussive sounds of Goblin war drums and sought to learn from the best drummers. When the Goblin chief, whom had fondness for Caszymr, accepted that he had fairly paid his dues to the war band, they parted amicably. Caszmyr prefers the company of outcasts and the fringe players of Faerun, as their tales are almost always the richest and bleakest.

Caszymr has weaved his Drow flute, Goblin styled percussion and bleak lyricism into a unique and frightening stage performance (often enhanced with the lightest touches of illusory magic) to create a show quite unlike anything witnessed at your average roadside rest stop. Part euphoric, part terrifying - always exhilarating. Truly a show that will lay bare your soul, unleash the most primal of urges and leave you begging for more.

LANGUAGES
Common, Elvish, Goblin, Under-Common

NOTES

Just as an aside, I took inspiration for this PC from a great current-day performer, and although it's a modern song, he, and this song both totally embody the vibe I'm going for with Caszmyr. Crank the volume up and enjoy!:

https://youtu.be/RrxePKps87k
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chua
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good. If your character is ready to go please post on the IC thread. It is assumed your characters know each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Payne
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yey, adventuring with Nick Cave the bard. Now we just need a drunken sorcerous Tom Waits to have a musical cataclysm.

Dave, are we already in Phelan?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chua
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SolidsState wrote:
Yey, adventuring with Nick Cave the bard. Now we just need a drunken sorcerous Tom Waits to have a musical cataclysm.

Yeap you guys are already in Phlan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Venables
England
Horndean
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Sharks on 3!!
badge
1-2-3-SHARKS!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
SolidsState wrote:

I was hoping the Goblin Wizard might fit the Tom Waits part

On another note, have we got 3 flute players in the party??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave, can you make the first IC post to set the location, etc.? Where are we?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chua
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeMo wrote:
Dave, can you make the first IC post to set the location, etc.? Where are we?

Done.

John, you might want to move your character from the IC thread to an external post such as a personal geeklist with your characters and just include a link to it.

Example here:
Saurik the Lazy, Lizardfolk Bard
HP 9/9, AC 15, Init +2, PP 14, Spl: 1st/2 Atk+4 DC 14 | Bardic Insp 2/2 ST S+0 D+4 C+1 I+0 W+2 Ch+4

Let me know if you need any help with it. For your posts, please include a statline and a character header/icon if you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just need to do a few more things to Olo's sheet. Mostly background. Been a full week here, but should have enough to start posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Tastrophy
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done with character finally and created this snippet with link to character sheet on text

Night Cloud ~ Tabaxi Rogue ~ Far Traveler
| HP 10/10 | AC 14 | Init +3 | PP 11 | Perc +3 |
| Save S+0 D+5 C+1 I+3 W+1 Ch-1 |

Peers and DM, could you do a sanity check on my very first D&D 5E / AL character build?

Class and Race give proficiency in Stealth, my understanding is that this does NOT double the initial proficiency bonus. Is that correct?

Race and Background give proficiency in Perception, my understanding is that this does NOT double the initial proficiency bonus. Is that correct?

Did I calculate the Passive Perception correctly?

I am reviewing the Faction stuff today and will post tonight if Night Cloud is playing with Harpers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.