The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
Fiasco
She Bleeds
Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
Project Powerpunk Demo Adventure
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Princes of the Apocalypse
URC3-02: The Mystery of Mystmoor
The Solo Adventurer's Toolbox
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Dungeon World Roleplaying Game
Blades in the Dark
The Orc in the Well
Jovian Despair
Knights & Legends
Woodfall
Fantasy World Creator
Gothnog's Blasphemous Abominations: The Lich
Vampire: The Masquerade (2nd Edition)
Savage Worlds (Revised Second Edition)
Dragonlance Campaign Setting
Red Hand of Doom
Champions (First Edition)
A Spy in Isengard
Adventure Gaming (Issue 2 - Aug 1981)
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game
The Long Arm of the Hutt
The Quiet Year
King for a Day
Beyond the Rim
The Sundered Land
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying: The Assembled Edition
Cold Steel Wardens
World Wide Wrestling: The Roleplaying Game
The Sprawl
Agent's Handbook
The Alchemist of Istanbul
Xanathar's Guide to Everything
Sentinel Comics: The Roleplaying Game – Starter Kit
Genesys Core Rulebook
Forbidden Lands Player's Handbook
Forbidden Lands Gamemaster's Guide
Raven's Purge
Realms of Terrinoth
Masks of Nyarlathotep (5th edition)
Legend of the Five Rings RPG: Core Rulebook
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,504 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
354 Posts
[1]  Prev «  11 , 12 , 13 , 14 , 15  Next »  [15] | 

RPG» Forums » Community » The Tavern

Subject: MLS (Soccer) Fantasy League 2018 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey you kids, get off my Avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL. Now they are saying that there was no meeting with Pareja.

Also read that Stewart had six candidates on his shortlist, but that might have been reduced before any interviews.

I'm loving this transparent process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always in season
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brumcg wrote:
LOL. Now they are saying that there was no meeting with Pareja.

Also read that Stewart had six candidates on his shortlist, but that might have been reduced before any interviews.

I'm loving this transparent process.

Hey, if we can't have rumors to entertain ourselves, what would we do??? We'd have to be content with the Mourinho-Pogba soap opera!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During the US Open broadcast yesterday, Twellman dropped that Tata has been linked to... Mexico.

Oof.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I had a pretty good fantasy week... blush

Points User Name
957 vestige
938 brumcg
921 littlechandler
827 jaspermeer
715 thomashbeach
647 sanmcg

Week 32 is a single game week for a change. Everyone plays once except for NYCFC who has a bye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrm. Guzan and Bradley are back.

Cannon, Sweat, and Amon are getting their first shots.

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Atlanta United FC; 58/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge/BEL; 2/0), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 6/0)

DEFENDERS (8): John Brooks (Wolfsburg/GER; 34/3), Reggie Cannon (FC Dallas; 0/0), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Swansea City/WAL; 5/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 0/0), Matt Miazga (Nantes/FRA; 9/1), Antonee Robinson (Wigan Athletic/ENG; 4/0), Ben Sweat (New York City FC; 0/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United/ENG; 54/0)

MIDFIELDERS (10): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 19/1), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 7/1), Jonathan Amon (Nordsjælland/DEN; 0/0), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/CAN; 140/17), Julian Green (Greuther Fürth/GER; 12/4), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 6/1), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 21/9), Kenny Saief (Anderlecht/BEL; 2/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 8/0), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain; 5/1)

FORWARDS (3): Andrija Novakovich (Fortuna Sittard/NED; 2/0), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen/GER; 3/1), Bobby Wood (Hannover 96/GER; 41/12)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always in season
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really mind Bradley coming back (or Guzan). I'm interested to see what role he'll play though. Starting over Trapp? Glad to see McKennie isn't injured and that Pulisic is on the list...

...but meanwhile he's not even in the 18 for BVB in the Champions League. What does that mean?

(Weah also hasn't been on the 18 for PSG in what seems like ages.)

Also:

I had the same thought yesterday. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always in season
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh look, Pulisic got injured just before the international break again. Big shock!

https://www.bvb.de/eng/content/view/full/156935
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always in season
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adams and Pulisic are both out due to injury.

So a central midfield of Bradley, McKennie, and Trapp, I guess. Kill me now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only saw the first 15-20 minutes or so. Missed everything significant and didn't record it.

It sounds like the first 70 minutes were pretty good when the US played with four attackers. When Weah left for Delgado, it all fell apart?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, back in the saddle.

Points User Name
1045 vestige
1039 brumcg
997 littlechandler
928 jaspermeer
774 thomashbeach
704 sanmcg

It turns out that I do better setting my lineup and going out of town. I tied for the best week with Jasen at 101 points.

Week 33 is upon us!

Only eight teams are playing during this international break. Good luck to everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper van der Meer
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! I'm just guessing at this point. Acosta was a deadbeat Captain last week...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, the Monday after vacation. Glorious.

Points User Name
1127 vestige
1120 brumcg
1055 littlechandler
1000 jaspermeer
871 thomashbeach
813 sanmcg

My wife had the best week with 109 points. Wow. I guess 54 points from Vela will do that for you.

Week 34 is a DGW. RSL plays on Thursday and Sunday. In fact, most games are on Sunday this week (none on Saturday). Orlando, Seattle, Toronto, DC, Vancouver, KC, and RSL all play twice. All teams play at least once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, USMNT v Peru.

The result doesn't matter, but yay I guess. Peru was the better side, but the US showed some ability to keep the ball out of the net when it mattered.

Let's hire a coach already, but I'm not sure I get the 11/1 deadline. It's too late (probably) to have the new coach take over the next friendlies. Besides, Columbus might still be in the playoffs.

I was pleased with CCV, Long, and Sargent. I'd take a further look at Amon.

Weah didn't have a good game, but he was asked to do a ton of defending. And, well, he's the future regardless of a bad friendly.

And let's talk about defending. The Acosta, Delgado, and Trapp combination was pretty terrible. I think Acosta is still working on regaining his form. I never want to see Delgado go 90 again; I thought his roster inclusion was one of convenience anyway. Trapp I've already talked about; I really want to see him succeed, but I suspect he's just not up to it. Sweat is a great story which I don't need to read again; I really thought Robinson would sub in at half. Based on Yedlin's cameo, I wouldn't mind seeing Cannon again in the next friendlies.

Guzan was fine, but he didn't make me forget Steffen.

All this said, I'm not sure what kind of roster Sarachan had available for the game. Novakovich and Saief were rumored to be "healthy scratches" before the game started. I'm not sure why they weren't released to their club teams. In addition, I think Brooks and Miazga could have been released while bringing in some MLS coverage (Parker, Hedges, Birnbaum, whoever). Weird.

I'd still use the next two friendlies to see what's there, and then start to get a feeling for the "real" roster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More Tata to Mexico rumors. While Bocanegra downplayed it, reports are that terms have been negotiated and will be final after the MLS season.

On the USMNT front - and I believe this was included in the US v Peru broadcast - reports are that Stewart is looking for an English speaking coach with 150 MLS games under their belt. That seems like it was designed specifically to eliminate Tata. For the record, I think both "requirements" are shortsighted.

The list would include Marsch, Pareja, Porter, Vermes, Vanney (just shy of 150), and Berhalter. For some reason, Twellman says that doesn't rule out Ramos.

Here's what I've read recently:

Marsch and Dan Flynn don't get along.

Vermes is very content in KC.

Ramos has been ruled in and out of the search from various sources.

Ugh. Frankly, I don't understand why Porter, Vanney, and Ramos would be considered... but that's me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, wow.

Points User Name
1279 brumcg
1275 vestige
1222 littlechandler
1143 jaspermeer
973 thomashbeach
909 sanmcg

Okay, going into the last week, I've somehow gone top - just four points above vestige. Alan had the best week with a whopping 165 points.

So we're down to 11 games on Sunday all at 4:30PM EST. I can feel the lineup scramble already.

RSL has an unfortunate bye.

Atlanta (@ Toronto) and NYRB (v Orlando) will be playing for the top spot in the East and the Supporter's Shield.

Montreal (@ Revs) and Columbus (v Minnesota) are fighting for the last East playoff spot.

The top of the West is up for grabs. LA Galaxy (v Houston) get the last playoff spot over RSL if they win.

Good luck to all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tata declines Atlanta extension.

No word on where he's going next. Please, not Mexico.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always in season
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brumcg wrote:
Tata declines Atlanta extension.

No word on where he's going next. Please, not Mexico.

I don't know...he's obviously a good coach, but I'm not convinced he's clearly better than other options. He has Atlanta playing great, but then again they've got the strongest roster in MLS by a mile...and he gets part of the credit for that, but with a national team it's not like he's going to be able to go down to Paraguay and recruit hot-shot South Americans. His last stint with a national team wasn't particularly impressive. (Though, I don't know, maybe getting Argentina to ALMOST win is actually impressive?)

I'm hoping he's going to Colombia instead, but I'm not really going to feel like the US missed out if he ends up in Mexico.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vestige wrote:
I'm hoping he's going to Colombia instead, but I'm not really going to feel like the US missed out if he ends up in Mexico.

Oh, I'm hoping for Colombia.

I think I just hate losing to El Tri in ANYTHING.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's a wrap!

Points User Name
1372 brumcg
1355 vestige
1318 littlechandler
1209 jaspermeer
1035 thomashbeach
982 sanmcg

Alan had the best week with 96 points.

Congrats to Steve, Alan, and myself ( blush ) for taking the top three spots. I'll distribute GG later today.

It was a weird week with the Crew game being delayed.

Thanks for playing everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always in season
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Bruce!

And can I admit to a little bit of a chuckle when I saw Martino's Atlanta getting hammered after he decides to leave? Take that, Mexico!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, next year, I'm not planning on doing this again - at least not in the same way. Six people is a bit too cozy.

I might do a league without prizes and will post info here if I do it. I will also open it up to the public. Not that our league has been "serious", but any league next year will just be for grins.

I'm planning on delving into fandom with FC Cincinnati. It's been a long time since I've done that.

Thanks, again, for playing. Stay tuned for more USMNT and MLS playoff talk though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always in season
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running it, The Bru! Despite the small group I enjoyed it...nice to play with people I "know"!

I found the Galaxy game kind of hilarious...but for a heroic moment from Zlatan, it was pretty much the perfect microcosm of their season. What a disaster!

I don't know what to make of the playoffs - I have opinions but am sure they are all wrong. For the knockouts....

Hard to imagine LAFC or NYCFC losing, but presumably one of them will in ridiculous fashion.

I can't see Dallas holding out against Portland; if Portland is on, they are just too good (and Dallas lacks the weapons to keep up).

DC/CLB looks like the most intriguing one. I am not impressed with CLB lately, DC certainly has the momentum. But if I based the call on the season of work I'd have to go with the Crew. I think that's the most interesting game...seems like whoever wins here will have a real shot going forward.

Also, Nov. 1 is right around the corner. When do we get some news?

(Looks like Lopetegui is free now! He seems the reliable sort for a national team coach devil)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vestige wrote:
DC/CLB looks like the most intriguing one. I am not impressed with CLB lately, DC certainly has the momentum. But if I based the call on the season of work I'd have to go with the Crew. I think that's the most interesting game...seems like whoever wins here will have a real shot going forward.

I'm with you on everything... except I have DC going past the Crew. If that happens, I think DC has a chance to make the final.

I wasn't brave enough to pick that though. I have Seattle v NYRB with NYRB winning. Yeah, not very daring. I would like to see RBNY win though. I love how they play their kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trick or treating tonight... Robert Lewandowski and (AC Milan) Ronaldo stopped by.

wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always in season
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brumcg wrote:
Trick or treating tonight... Robert Lewandowski and (AC Milan) Ronaldo stopped by.

wow

Deep cuts! I'm impressed! (Well, in the soccer world I guess neither really is - but in the US!) I saw a Real Madrid jersey on a dad, but I'm not sure whose it was.

The games last night were crazy. I should have stuck with the Crew, but I got swung by home field advantage. I'm happy for the Crew, but annoyed that this probably means an even longer wait on an announcement about the USMNT coach. Nov. 1 has passed, people!

LAFC-RSL was pretty insane. I saw the second half; it was entertaining enough that even my wife (who doesn't even like watching soccer when her kid are playing) was interested. Great finishing by RSL; terrible finishing by LAFC. And an embarrassing show by the fans. I'd heard great things about attending games there, now I'm not so sure....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  11 , 12 , 13 , 14 , 15  Next »  [15] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.