The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Strange Adventures!: The House on Poplar Court
Acquisitions Incorporated
Deluxe Revised RECON
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Tales from the Loop
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
The Expanse Roleplaying Game
The Dark Side Sourcebook
Nocturnum: Master Collection
The Burning Wheel Fantasy Roleplaying System (Gold)
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Stranger Things Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Gunderholfen
Book 1: The War-Torn Kingdom
The Witchwar Legacy
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
The Strange
Hideous Creatures
Shadows Over Stillwater
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Over the Edge
The Extraction: An Adventure for Musketeers, 1628
The Desert Portal
Terror of the Stratosfiend #1.5
Freedom or Toaster
Brigands of Sherwood
Exalted Rulebook
Aftermath!
Call of Cthulhu (2nd Edition)
CDM1: The Halls of the Dwarven Kings
Sorcerer
Ghostwalk
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Lady Blackbird
GM Gems Volume 1: A Collection of Game Master Inspiration
Champions of Mystara: Heroes of the Princess Ark
The One Ring: Adventures over the Edge of the Wild
Numenera
Mythic Adventures
Hillfolk
Keeper Rulebook
Investigator Handbook
Lords of Gossamer & Shadow
Strategy Guide
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Princes of the Apocalypse
Dark Albion: The Rose War
KULT: Divinity Lost
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
43 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

RPG» Forums » Bazaar » Trades

Subject: USA RPG Chain of Generosity Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hedgepig wrote:
As to what I am looking for on the list, anything that is a good family RPG,

I have Kids & Critters up in my current chain...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Get yer finger off my head!!
mbmbmb
Hello all! I have been playing Dungeons & Dragons (5th Edition) for the last 10 or so months. I have enjoyed it and looks like I will stick with it...BUT, I really like the gritty oddworld stuff! Ive read through Shadow of the Demon Lord, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (1st Edition), as well as Lamentations of the Flame Princess. I also have a liking for the post apocalyptic games such as Gamma World (4th Edition) and my favorite so far is The Mutant Epoch

I usually offer my painting skills on here and hope that is still generally accepted. I do have some gamebooks that could be added as well. These are in the vein of Fighting Fantasy and the likes.

So in short, I am usually looking for the oddball RPGS but will gladly play anything if you are willing to run it!
:p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"All history is made up. Good history is made up by good historians; bad history is made up by the others." -David Macaulay
badge
"We talked a little more of Milesians and Firbolgs; but I do not write what he told me here, as it is at variance with things I have written already, as is often the case with legend, whence comes a pleasing variety." -Lord Dunsany
mbmbmbmbmb
I pretty much exclusively play Fudge. But I enjoy reading about interesting settings that I can translate to that system. Pretty much any skill system is easy to translate, while level systems are not.

As for settings, I like history, animal, and unusual settings.

Unfortunately, I'm being very picky these days, as my last three offerings got only one nibble each - and the last one only by adding items twice after the initial offering. In other words, people don't want what's in my trade pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
To start things off, what kind of RPGs do you play?

All of them! I'm omnivorous with my RPGing!

A quick list of the games I'm currently running:

Call of Cthulhu (2nd - 6th Edition)
Lexicon
The Gentle Ladies' Tea and Monstrosity Destroying & Quilting Circle Auxiliary

And the games I'm currently playing in:

Eclipse Phase (First Edition)
Fiasco
Blades in the Dark/Monster of the Week hybrid
Dungeons & Dragons (5th Edition)

I just finished running a game of Tonight we slay a dragon, or die in the attempt, and I'm creating a character to play Numenera.

Usually I only enter when I see items that I plan on playing/running. Like when I went in for Don't Walk in Winter Wood. I ended up running four PbF games of it after I got it. Last Rites I'm currently running with one of my Call of Cthulhu groups now. Oh, and I wanted a second set of runes, because I couldn't find mine in the move (which I have now found, so I have two sets - can't go wrong with more runes! )

I don't always enter (even when I see something I'd be interested in) because I sometimes feel I don't have a lot to offer in return - or because I'm so busy I don't have the time to send people a timely reward - or the bandwidth to work on art if they choose that option. I should also totally expand the art I offer to maps, since I love doing maps, and not just character portraits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Schenectady
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently running a Labyrinth Lord campaign(15+ months) and planning a pulp game in a system TBD after LL wraps up this summer. I am playing in a PBeM Mutant Future game and just joined a bi monthly The Star Wars Roleplaying Game (Second Edition) game. My tastes run toward older(70's, 80's, & 90's) or OSR games. Although I am always on the lookout to read anything interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few modes of enjoying role playing:

1. I enjoy reading books with lots of background information. I've been doing this since I was like 10, and has historically been my primary method of engaging with RPGs. I have a soft spot for oWoD and Shadowrun stuff.
2. I really like playing indie RPGs. I'm in a pretty long Blades in the Dark game. I have 2 groups that rotate (mostly) PbtA games, and a small one-shot group.
3. I LOOOOOVE freeform larps. I've been into this for like 3 years now, and I'll go out of my way to play a hippie larp. I'm a minor talent in terms of larp design, and it's really allowed me to find myself.

Most of the books I've gotten through here are in category 1. I never know what to offer. Is anyone INTERESTED in a large number of WoD books? Why did no one jump at my offer of Epyllion among other things but then jump at another offer of Epyllion a week or two later? It's all very confusing, TBH. I try to be both generous and... you know, cycle through good stuff I've gotten sufficient use out of. But I don't have any fantasy or Cthulhu stuff, really. So I ask: what exactly do you want?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kailey O
United States
ASHLAND
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ExcitingJeff wrote:
Why did no one jump at my offer of Epyllion among other things but then jump at another offer of Epyllion a week or two later? It's all very confusing, TBH.

Well, speaking for myself, I didn't find out about Epyllion until after your offer was closed. laugh I had no idea how perfect it would be for my family, but it really is a perfect fit for us. I also try to only go in on one offer at a time. I too find it confusing trying to figure out what people want. (Both here and on other generosity chains).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kailey O
United States
ASHLAND
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SiddGames wrote:
Hedgepig wrote:
As to what I am looking for on the list, anything that is a good family RPG,

I have Kids & Critters up in my current chain...

It looks interesting, although maybe a bit similar to woodland warriors (which we are currently playing). Dragon age and Runebound are also appealing. I'm very tempted to go in in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Pennisi
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crazybear has updated his offer for Fields of Glorantha # 170. Even if you've looked at it once please check it out again. More items have been added that might be of interest to you. Drawing on March 27th or after 48 hours of inactivity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Moving this to the discussion thread as opposed to the CoG geeklist so as not to clutter the "ins."

Inkwan wrote:
I just picked up Barbarians of Lemuria a month or 2 ago. I am itching to play it. I am just curious, what put this game on your list here?

To be completely honest, I have X amount of time and Y amount of RPG books. Y > X at this point in time. I think about what my players like and what I'm more likely to get to the table. So, I tossed it up on the list.

I prefer toss up items that will draw in people to chain to keep the blood fresh. I only have a handful of games that won't see the light of day on the CoG at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ink
United States
Mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cjbowser wrote:
Moving this to the discussion thread as opposed to the CoG geeklist so as not to clutter the "ins."

Inkwan wrote:
I just picked up Barbarians of Lemuria a month or 2 ago. I am itching to play it. I am just curious, what put this game on your list here?

To be completely honest, I have X amount of time and Y amount of RPG books. Y > X at this point in time. I think about what my players like and what I'm more likely to get to the table. So, I tossed it up on the list.

I prefer toss up items that will draw in people to chain to keep the blood fresh. I only have a handful of games that won't see the light of day on the CoG at some point.

I see. I was interested to see if it was a negative experience or read of the rules or just too many games to try out. Thanks for the response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who is Jack Carter? Any relation to John Carter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Just this last week I started rereading A Princess of Mars to my son at night - he falls asleep quickly so really it's just me rereading it for me. Anyhoo, ERB's intro letter calls him "Uncle Jack" so I assume it is he.

Sidebar: I really wanted to get hold of the classic (to me) Michael Whelan covers but opted instead for digital - there's a Kindle version that contains the first 7 novels for 99 cents as of last week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SiddGames wrote:

Sidebar: I really wanted to get hold of the classic (to me) Michael Whelan covers but opted instead for digital - there's a Kindle version that contains the first 7 novels for 99 cents as of last week.

Next time I put together a set, I'll trade em to you, or they could end up in the chain of generosity. I frequent book sales and collect fantasy/sci-fi series, I've sold more than one set of those. love me some Michael Whelan, he lives near me and I've spoken with him and his wife a few times. My question was "Where are the original Elric paintings?" "In my house," was his answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
quozl wrote:

The PoV character in the TV show, Eureka.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cjbowser wrote:
quozl wrote:

The PoV character in the TV show, Eureka.

Is the show any good?

Why is Prelude to Foundation your favorite sci-fi story?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
quozl wrote:

Is the show any good?

I enjoy the show. It's very much a fish out of water style dramedy. It has some of the quirkiness of a show like Twin Peaks without the symbolism and mysticism. The main character is a US Marshall who becomes sheriff of what's essentially a closed city (like Mercury, NV or Oak Ridge, TN used to be). However, it's not so much science that's researched here as SCIENCE!.

If you don't like over-the-top science with some excellent physical comedy from Colin Ferguson thrown in, it's probably not the show for you.

quozl wrote:

Why is Prelude to Foundation your favorite sci-fi story?

It's the first Asimov story I read and it resonated with me at that time. One of the main reasons I listed it as my favorite is that I read it 20 years ago and still remember large parts of it. I can't necessarily say that for some schlock book I read a few months ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy
mbmbmbmb
cjbowser wrote:
I enjoy the show. It's very much a fish out of water style dramedy.

I have fond memories of this show! Definitely falls in the fun category.

Quote:
It's the first Asimov story I read and it resonated with me at that time.

Various themes from books in the Foundation series are in my top 10 memories also!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.