Legacy of Dragonholt
Xas Irkalla
Call of Cthulhu Starter Set
Blades in the Dark
Paranoia: Red Clearance Edition
Fall of Magic
Forbidden Lands Player's Handbook
Forbidden Lands Gamemaster's Guide
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
Good Society: A Jane Austen Role-Playing Game
Knights & Legends
Complete Gunslinger
Fey Folio
SPACERS Core
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Mouse Guard (2nd Edition)
Curse of Strahd
The Skeletons
M-Space
Kids on Bikes
Woodfall
Knights & Legends the Rogue Priest Expansion and Campaign
Changeling: The Lost Second Edition
City
Red Bat Cthulhu
The Santa Lands
Book 01: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
MJ1: Media Junkie: Take One
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Clash of the Princes
Dungeon World Roleplaying Game
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Assault on the Goblin Hold
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Adventurer's Guide
Index Card RPG Core
Tiny Dungeon 2nd Edition
Adventure Kit: Oath of the Frozen King
Maria in Three Parts
Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
Scum and Villainy
The Vaults of K'Horror
Dungeon Delve Adventure #2: Dungeons of the Dread Wyrm
Rangers of Shadow Deep: A Tabletop Adventure Game
El Tesoro de Córdoba
All That Glitters is Palladium: A Short History of Palladium Books
Monarchies of Mau Guide's Screen
Mother's Maze
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
39 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

The One Ring» Forums » General

Subject: The Fellowship of the Roll20 Character Sheet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Unterhuber
Austria
flag msg tools
This is to announce that StuartJ and myself are currently working on a fancier version of the TOR character sheet for Roll20. Look and feel shall be similar to the official character sheet and look a lot like what Glorelendil did here: http://codeasart.com/torsheet/

Will tell you once it is done, stay tuned...

For the historians, this is where it started: http://stuartrjohnson.co.uk/tor/forums.cubicle7.co.uk/viewto...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Le Bourvellec
France
flag msg tools
mb
That's a good news ! Would it be possible to have the list of the modifications/corrections/enhancements compared to the current version in roll20 ?
Moreover I've found out 3 weeks ago that a recent roll20 update has an impact on The One Ring character sheet : the "favorite skill" functionnality isn't working anymore : a favorite skill isn't underlined and when you click on it (common skills) or when you click on the left button (weapon skills), it does nothing on underline. There are several threads in roll20 concerning that issue, here is one of them (https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6526301/slug%7D). I don't know if you are aware of that issue, i indicate it here in case you would use the same kind of way to manage favorite skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laubacher
United States
Lackawanna
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I think you mean 'favoured' skills, Eric, not 'favorite'. The difference may seem subtle, but they do not mean the same thing (at least in this context).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Domínguez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, Stefan and StuartJ. I'm David, you found me on Githib previously. I can help you with the new character sheet, if you want . I can do some HTML, Javascript, and CSS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Le Bourvellec
France
flag msg tools
mb
Otaku sempai wrote:
I think you mean 'favoured' skills, Eric, not 'favorite'. The difference may seem subtle, but they do not mean the same thing.

Hi Otaki Sempai, yes you're right. I did a bad translation from french to english Favorite is french word for Favoured).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Unterhuber
Austria
flag msg tools
Hi all,

yes the issue with the favoured skills has been fixed in the new version already.

Majority of the changes are ONLY design and layout, not content or functionality of the sheet.
- background image
- other font
- frame around the sheet
- icons instead of radio buttons

Other changes will be:
- section to enter a mount will be included
- fixed weapon slots for NSCs instead of the expandible list as this works better with macros
- support of the translation functionality instead of having different versions of the TOR sheet in Roll20 (for German, Spanish, French, etc.)

That's also why we asked David to join us.

So it is really just a further development of Heilemann's original sheet and not a completely new one.

We are pretty far already, so hopefully we can announce "job complete" soon.

cUhu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Unterhuber
Austria
flag msg tools
daviddbeasy wrote:
Hi, Stefan and StuartJ. I'm David, you found me on Githib previously. I can help you with the new character sheet, if you want . I can do some HTML, Javascript, and CSS.

you've got a private message, welcome cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Le Bourvellec
France
flag msg tools
mb
uhu79 wrote:
Hi all,

yes the issue with the favoured skills has been fixed in the new version already.

Majority of the changes are ONLY design and layout, not content or functionality of the sheet.
- background image
- other font
- frame around the sheet
- icons instead of radio buttons

Other changes will be:
- section to enter a mount will be included
- fixed weapon slots for NSCs instead of the expandible list as this works better with macros
- support of the translation functionality instead of having different versions of the TOR sheet in Roll20 (for German, Spanish, French, etc.)

That's also why we asked David to join us.

So it is really just a further development of Heilemann's original sheet and not a completely new one.

We are pretty far already, so hopefully we can announce "job complete" soon.

cUhu

Wow that's seems very nice.
May I give one suggestion concerning NPCs ? Currently the NPC character sheet is very like the Adversary character sheet and it asks values for group of common skills. But in the TOR modules, if several NPCs are described with that level of details, some other are described differently : no groups of common skills, but their specifc skills. And some other differences. My suggestion : would it be a good idea / possible to have 2 kinds of NPC character sheet so that we can put all the NPCs in roll20 character sheet ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Unterhuber
Austria
flag msg tools
Ghorin wrote:
...if several NPCs are described with that level of details, some other are described differently : no groups of common skills, but their specifc skills. And some other differences. My suggestion : would it be a good idea / possible to have 2 kinds of NPC character sheet so that we can put all the NPCs in roll20 character sheet ?

It sure is possible, technically, we can add as many layouts of a character sheet as we want.

Could you specify in a little more detail how the "NPC2" would look like? Would it be identical to the current one with only the exception that the skill list is different?

Would it suffice if the skill list is empty and you have, let's say, 6 slots to enter skills and rating (similar to the weapon slots)?

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Le Bourvellec
France
flag msg tools
mb
There are examples of such NPC desciption in TOR books :
- Bree page 10 : Ruby Boffin
- page 12 : Hallas Dúnadan
- Erebor page 12 : The Stone Guard
- pages 20-25 : all Thorin Oakenshield company

If I describe their character sheet :

- Character name : mandatory, String
- Attribute level : mandatory, number
- Endurance : not mandatory, number
- Specialities : not mandatory, long string field
- Distinctives features : not mandatory, long string field
- Relevant skills : 1 line for each relevant skill and for each : the skill name + the skill rank + the "underscored" if favoured

Below are some examples details from TOR books for such NPCs :

BALIN
Attribute level: 7
Specialities: Mountain-lore, Orc-lore,
Rhymes of Lore
Distinctive Features: Adventurous, Fair-spoken
Relevant skills: Awareness ♦♦♦♦, Courtesy ♦♦♦♦, Insight ♦♦♦♦, Lore ♦♦♦♦

NORI
Attribute level: 5
Specialities: Smith-craft, Smoking,
Wood-craft
Distinctive Features: Energetic, Nimble
Relevant skills: Craft ♦♦♦♦, Riddle ♦♦♦, Song ♦♦♦

HALLAS DUNADAN
Attribute Level: 5
Specialities: Boating, Lore of Arnor,
Shadow-lore
Distinctive Features: Bold, Grim
Relevant Skills: Riddle ♦♦♦♦, Battle ♦♦♦,
Long Sword ♦♦♦
Endurance: 24

Now, this is a proposal, maybe some other roll20 players could give their opinion (is it useful or not, how to do better).

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Unterhuber
Austria
flag msg tools
Eric, or any other French TOR-player...

we currently have translation files for
- English
- German
- Spanish

and are lacking a French version.

What we need is this .json file with the French translation for each line.

Would be great if somebody could help!

We are in the process of tidying up and discussing how to best commit our new version to Roll20-Github, so definitely approaching the end of our Fellowship Journey!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Le Bourvellec
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Stefan,

I'll work on the french version and give you back the json file as soon as possible. I'm far from home but i try to give it tomorrow or thursday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Le Bourvellec
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

I tried to get your file in order to update with french translations but when i click on the link i get :
"Article unavailable
Article has been blocked or removed"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Unterhuber
Austria
flag msg tools
I insert the code here

{

"sheet-type-Player-Character": "Player Character",

"sheet-type-LM-Character": "LM Character",

"sheet-type-Adversary": "Adversary",

"attribute-level": "Attribute Level",

"weary-state": "Weary State",

"weary-normal": "Not Weary",

"weary-weary": "Weary",

"endurance": "Endurance",

"hate": "Hate",

"parry-and-shield": "Parry & Shield",

"armour": "Armour",

"skills": "Skills",

"personality": "Personality",

"survival": "Survival",

"movement": "Movement",

"custom": "Custom",

"perception": "Perception",

"vocation": "Vocation",

"weapon-skills": "Weapon Skills",

"weapon-name": "Name",

"weapon-rating": "Rating",

"weapon-damage": "Dmg.",

"weapon-edge": "Edge",

"weapon-injury": "Inj.",

"weapon-called-shot": "Called Shot",

"special-abilities": "Special Abilities",

"hope": "Hope",

"character-name": "Name",

"culture": "Culture",

"standard-of-living": "Standard of Living",

"cultural-blessing": "Cultural Blessing",

"calling": "Calling",

"shadow-weakness": "Shadow Weakness",

"specialities": "Specialities",

"distinctive-features": "Distinctive Features",

"attributes": "Attributes",

"body": "Body",

"body-description": "A character with a high Body score can be tough and fit, or tall and agile, or even attractive or imposing. Every aspect of a character that relies on vigour or physical well-being is represented in the game by Body.",

"favoured": "Favoured",

"heart": "Heart",

"heart-description": "Measures a character’s capacity for emotion, energy and enthusiasm. A hero with a high Heart score can be fiery, intense, and hard to demoralise. Activities that benefit from a passionate or energetic temper may be influenced by a character’s Heart score.",

"wits": "Wits",

"wits-description": "A hero with a high Wits rating can be clever, attentive and strong-willed. A sharp-witted person is a quick thinker, and probably alert and vigilant, so any action that calls upon these qualities benefits from a hero’s Wits score.",

"valour": "Valour",

"valour-description": "Valour is a measure of a character’s courage, as tempered by dangerous deeds. A man of valour is willing to place himself in danger for the safety of others. In a time where new threats arise each day, courage is highly prized, and a valiant adventurer is often esteemed above all other individuals. For this reason, a hero’s rank in Valour also reflects the level of renown he attained as a doer of great deeds. When a player decides to favour Valour over Wisdom, his hero’s actions, not his judgement, will tend to prove his status in the eyes of others. From the lowliest start as a wandering adventurer, a hero might one day equal the repute and respect earned by a famous champion or king.",

"wisdom": "Wisdom",

"wisdom-description": "A character’s knowledge of his own capabilities, his self- confidence and capacity for good judgement changes and improves with struggles and strife. A characteristic with deeply personal implications, a hero’s rank in Wisdom also determines the stature of the hero in the eyes of those that prize these qualities. When Wisdom is chosen over Valour when spending Experience points, it suggests that the hero’s adventures are affecting him subtly but profoundly. Starting as a more or less ingenuous individual with an adventurous spirit, the hero can achieve the maturity and sagacity of the Wise.",

"common-skills": "Common Skills",

"skill-groups": "Skill Groups",

"awe": "Awe",

"awe-description": "This skill measures a hero’s capacity to provoke respect in onlookers, and determines the impression a hero makes on someone he meets for the first time. Depending on the circumstances and the hero’s intentions or disposition, it can be used to instil wonderment, admiration, or even fear. Awe arises from a character’s native charisma, but can also be engineered with a dramatic entrance or impressive attire. A successful use of the skill provokes the chosen effect. A failure fails to have any impact, or can even lead to the opposite result! Achieving a great success means that the hero has won the hearts of the onlookers, or cowed them into silent submission. An extraordinary success may produce open reverence, or panic.",

"inspire": "Inspire",

"inspire-description": "A hero able to Inspire others can instil positive feelings in others, urging them to act on the matter at hand. This is a feat achieved mainly through example, charisma and personal conviction, rather than through the effective use of words (which falls under Persuade, below). It can be used on individuals, but is especially effective in influencing crowds. Heroes with high Inspire ratings can be forceful orators, passionate agitators, and well- loved leaders of men. A successful Inspire roll awakens a chosen feeling in the subject, so long as it is not in opposition to their current mood. A great success is enough to influence wholly disinterested individuals, and an extraordinary success may turn rivals into supporters.",

"persuade": "Persuade",

"persuade-description": "This skill allows a hero to apply his or her reasoning to convince another individual of an idea or course of action. It can be used to influence small groups of listeners, but only if used in an appropriate context, such as a common hall. An attempt at persuasion requires more time than other Personality skills, but can have a more lasting impact on other characters’ actions. A high Persuade score denotes an uncommon eloquence, a love of speech and knowledge of its proper use and its effect on listeners. Wise men, advisors to chieftains and kings and their messengers all share this passion for the spoken word. The successful use of the skill lets the hero convince his audience of the flaws in their current position. A great success convinces the subject of the quality of the hero’s stance, while an extraordinary success may turn the subject into an ardent believer.",

"personality-description": "A hero’s personality comes through in his capacity to impress, encourage and influence others. A good level of proficiency in all three skills in this group is the mark of a leader.",

"athletics": "Athletics",

"athletics-description": "Athletics is a broad skill, covering most of the physical activities that a hero might undertake while adventuring, including r unning, leaping, climbing, swimming and throwing stones or other small objects. Heroes with high Athletics skill scores exhibit a winning combination of physical prowess, grace and control, generally gained through continuous exercise and daily exertion. A successful Athletics roll produces a satisfactory outcome in the physical activity, while a failed roll might even lead to serious harm, depending on the circumstances. A great or extraordinary result suggests a spectacular achievement.",

"travel": "Travel",

"travel-description": "In the Third Age, the cities, villages and towns of Middle- earth are often separated by many leagues of wild or deserted areas. Roads that used to lead safely to distant realms now end in broken trails that go nowhere. When the company needs to cover a distance across uncertain territory, including by boat, every companion is required to perform one or more tests using the Travel skill to avoid becoming weary too soon. While certainly the product of exper ience, the use of Travel benef its mostly from a hero’s strength of spirit.",

"stealth": "Stealth",

"stealth-description": "A hero resorts to Stealth whenever he needs, or is forced, to act in a furtive or secret way. The skill includes hiding, moving quietly and shadowing others. These activities often rely on quickness and precision, so a stealthy hero combines practiced caution with the ability to judge the right moment to take a chance. Hunters, burglars, and solitary fighters use Stealth to prosper in their trade. A successful Stealth roll indicates that the character has gone unnoticed, while a failure has almost certainly attracts unwanted attention. A great or extraordinary success produces an outcome so flawless that it even be impossible to trace the hero’s actions after the fact.",

"movement-description": "Overcoming obstacles, enduring long journeys and moving secretly are the stuff adventurers are made of.",

"awareness": "Awareness",

"awareness-description": "The Awareness skill represents a hero’s readiness to react and his ability to notice something unexpected, out of the ordinary, or difficult to detect. High skill reflects both keen senses and the experience to understand what you see and hear. A high Awareness rating expresses an extraordinar y watchfulness, and is extremely useful to a companion who ser ves as a look-out for the company.",

"insight": "Insight",

"insight-description": "Insight is the ability of a hero to see beyond appearances, recognising people’s hidden thoughts and beliefs. Heroes with Insight can recognise when someone is lying, and can draw useful conclusions about people’s motives. A hero with a high Insight score is often recognised as being a sensible and discerning individual, and many might seek his counsel. A successful Insight roll provides the hero with a faithful, if partial, portrait of the character observed. A great or extraordinary success reveals truths about an individual of which he himself is ignorant. Insight tests may be rolled in opposition to an adversary using Persuade or another Personality skill.",

"search": "Search",

"search-description": "Search is used when trying to find something by close examination. This skill may let a hero search a library to locate a piece of relevant information, look for concealed doors or hidden inscriptions, recognise a familiar face in a crowd or even search a suspected thief’s clothing. One roll is required for each inspection of a small area, such as a room. Search rolls are generally initiated by the player rather than the Loremaster; Awareness is used to see if the characters passively notice something. A successful Search roll generally lets the characters find what they are looking for if it is to be found. A great or extraordinary success usually means the object is found more quickly. If an item is particularly well hidden, the Loremaster could decide that a higher level of success is required to uncover it.",

"perception-description": "The ability to catch hidden details often pays off, be it noticing an odd noise that gives away an ambusher, catching the gleam in the eyes of a liar or spotting the crack in the wall that reveals a secret door.",

"explore": "Explore",

"explore-description": "Adventurers rely on their Explore skill when they move through an unfamiliar area of the Wild. An Explore test may be required during a journey to find the company’s heading, or to get back on track after a detour; to cope with adverse weather conditions or other natural hazards; to create paths through the wilderness suitable for others to follow; or to choose a suitable place to set up camp. A high Explore rating is an invaluable resource for a companion acting as a scout for his group of adventurers.",

"healing": "Healing",

"healing-description": "The knowledge of how to relieve pain and apply remedies to restore health to the suffering is an ancient one, and treatments differ from culture to culture. Almost all traditions, however, agree on the treatment of serious injuries, which must be immediately tended to keep from worsening. The Healing skill includes bone setting and the use of herbs or salves, but the outcome relies on the ability of the healer to understand what ails the sufferer and determine what should be done.",

"hunting": "Hunting",

"hunting-description": "Knowing how to hunt is a fundamental skill common in much of Middle-earth. A Hunting roll may be required when pursuing a creature through wild areas, or to locate tracks and follow them, or to identify a quarry by its spoor. The skill also covers preparing traps and the training and use of hunting dogs or birds. In wilder areas, hunters learn to apply their trade to more dangerous quarry, such as Orcs, Spiders or Wargs, or else risk becoming the prey.",

"survival-description": "The three skills of this group, essential for a roving adventurer, make a hero an invaluable member of a company.",

"song": "Song",

"song-description": "Hobbits and Men, Elves and Dwarves, even Goblins and maybe Orcs: all the creatures of Middle-earth celebrate by playing music and singing songs. Great deeds and grim misfortunes are remembered in verse, and pleasant or even comic stories are told to ease spirits and find comfort. Song is used to recite poems, sing songs or play instruments suitable to the character’s culture. It can also be used to learn new works or create original compositions.",

"courtesy": "Courtesy",

"courtesy-description": "The Free Peoples recognise common norms of decency and ancient conventions of behaviour. Observing these traditions demonstrates respect and is a way of quickly establishing a friendly footing even with complete strangers. A hero succeeding in a Courtesy roll knows what to say at the right moment to make a good impression with their host, or is mindful of his manners when receiving guests.",

"riddle": "Riddle",

"riddle-description": "Owing its name to the ancient Game, the Riddle skill represents a hero’s ability to draw conclusions from seemingly unconnected scraps of information, by deduction, reasoning and intuition. An adventurer also relies on Riddle whenever he is forced to talk about a subject but wants to conceal part of what he knows, for example to explain something about himself without revealing his true identity. An accepted custom among many creatures, speaking in riddles is usually allowed among strangers meeting for the first time who want to speak guardedly. This skill is also used to gain helpful insight from a spoken or written riddle.",

"custom-description": "While heroes are often held to be uncivilised brutes by the common folk, their lives can sometimes depend on knowing the proper words, wisest song or cleverest answer. Excelling in these skills is considered a noble achievement.",

"craft": "Craft",

"craft-description": "The Craft skill doesn’t really cover the whole range of abilities of smiths, wrights and other artisans, but reflects the talent of a character for making or mending things by hand, although Traits like Smithcraft or Woodwright can be used to reflect proficiency in a specific craft. Craft could be used to attempt to repair the wheel of a cart, or construct an improvised raft with wood found on a river shore, or even when trying to start a fire on a windy hill. A high Craft score may indicate that the hero was a craftsman before starting his life of adventure. Some races, such as the Dwar ves and Noldor Elves, revere crafts as the highest expression of creativity.",

"battle": "Battle",

"battle-description": "A hero’s proficiency in this skill shows his grasp of the rules of battle, and his ability to keep his head when involved in a violent confrontation. The Battle skill can be used to gain an advantage when involved in a fight with a group of foes, or to lead a company of men in open battle and maintain order in the midst of chaos (combat itself is covered by Weapon skills).",

"lore": "Lore",

"lore-description": "Lore expresses a hero’s love for learning, be it a fascination with descriptions of distant lands, or an interest in family genealogy. Whenever an action involves knowledge of some kind, a Lore roll is required. Heroes are considered to be knowledgeable in the traditions of their own people, and so the Loremaster should rarely require a player to make a Lore test for information regarding their character’s culture, background or the area they originally come from.",

"vocation-description": "Before his resolve hardened and pushed a hero on his road to adventure, he probably led a life much like an ordinary individual of his folk; learning a trade, defending his people and absorbing their accumulated wisdom.",

"weapon": "Weapon",

"weapon-encumbrance-abbreviation": "Enc",

"combat-values": "Combat Values",

"damage": "Damage",

"ranged": "Ranged",

"parry": "Parry",

"shield": "Shield",

"head-gear": "Head Gear",

"gear": "Gear",

"description": "Description",

"encumbrance-abbreviation": "Enc",

"character-states": "Character States",

"total-fatigue": "Total Fatigue",

"encumbrance-fatigue": "Enc. Fatigue",

"travel-fatigue": "Travel Fatigue",

"total-shadow": "Total Shadow",

"temporal-shadow": "Temp. Shadow",

"permanent-shadow": "Perm. Shadow",

"miserable": "<input type='checkbox' name='attr_miserable' value='1'>\nMiserable",

"wounded": "<input type='checkbox' name='attr_wounded' value='1'>\nWounded",

"wound-treated": "<input type='checkbox' name='attr_wound_treated' value='1'>\nWound Treated",

"rewards-and-virtues": "Rewards & Virtues",

"rewards": "Rewards",

"virtues": "Virtues",

"progress-and-keepings": "Progress & Keepings",

"fellowship-pool": "Fellowship Pool",

"advancement-points": "Advancement Points",

"experience": "Experience",

"treasure": "Treasure",

"standing": "Standing",

"background": "Background",

"notes": "Notes",

"company": "Company",

"guide": "Guide",

"scout": "Scout",

"huntsman": "Huntsman",

"look-out_man": "Look-out Man",

"fellowship-focus": "Fellowship Focus",

"fellowship-phase": "Fellowship Phase",

"sanctuaries": "Sanctuaries",

"patron": "Patron",

"tale-of-years": "Tale of Years",

"year": "Year",

"event-description": "Event Description",

"mount": "Mount",

"mount-name": "Name",

"mount-type": "Type",

"mount-size": "Size",

"mount-riding-mod": "Riding Mod.",

"mount-charge-bonus": "Charge Bonus",

"mount-arm-red": "Arm.Red.",

"mount-qualities": "Qualities",

"rolls-for": "rolls for",

"against-tn": "against TN",

"protection": "Protection",

"injury": "Injury",

"target-number": "Target Number",

"attacks-with": "attacks with",

"attacks-with-a": "attacks with a",

"charges-with": "charges with",

"an-attack": "to attack"

}
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Le Bourvellec
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks, now i can start working :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Le Bourvellec
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hello

Here is the french json file. My few comments :
- I don't have my TOR books with me (i'm far from home) and thus i'm not able to put the description of the Attributes and skills. I can give you an updated version with the french description after i'm back at home (next sunday).
- there is one line which i don't understand what it's abour :
"mount-arm-red": "Arm.Red."
Could you please explain it ? Is it something like "Armor reduction" ?

json file :

{
"sheet-type-Player-Character": "Personnage Joueur",
"sheet-type-LM-Character": "PNJ",
"sheet-type-Adversary": "Adversaire",
"attribute-level": "Niveau d'Attribut",
"weary-state": "État d'Épuisement",
"weary-normal": "Normal",
"weary-weary": "Épuisé",
"hate": "Haine",
"parry-and-shield": "Parade & Bouclier",
"armour": "Armure",
"skills": "Compétences",
"personality": "Personnalité",
"survival": "Survie",
"movement": "Déplacement",
"custom": "Coutume",
"vocation": "Métier",
"weapon-skills": "Compétences d'Armes",
"weapon-name": "Nom",
"weapon-rating": "Rang",
"weapon-damage": "Dégâts",
"weapon-edge": "Taille",
"weapon-injury": "Bless.",
"weapon-called-shot": "Coup Précis",
"special-abilities": "Capacités Spéciales",
"hope": "Espoir",
"character-name": "Nom",
"standard-of-living": "Niveau de Vie",
"cultural-blessing": "Avantage Culturel",
"calling": "Vocation",
"shadow-weakness": "Part d'Ombre",
"specialities": "Spécialités",
"distinctive-features": "Particularités",
"attributes": "Attributs",
"body": "Corps",
"body-description": "A character with a high Body score can be tough and fit, or tall and agile, or even attractive or imposing. Every aspect of a character that relies on vigour or physical well-being is represented in the game by Body.",
"favoured": "Amélioré",
"heart": "Coeur",
"heart-description": "Measures a character’s capacity for emotion, energy and enthusiasm. A hero with a high Heart score can be fiery, intense, and hard to demoralise. Activities that benefit from a passionate or energetic temper may be influenced by a character’s Heart score.",
"wits": "Esprit",
"wits-description": "A hero with a high Wits rating can be clever, attentive and strong-willed. A sharp-witted person is a quick thinker, and probably alert and vigilant, so any action that calls upon these qualities benefits from a hero’s Wits score.",
"valour": "Vaillance",
"valour-description": "Valour is a measure of a character’s courage, as tempered by dangerous deeds. A man of valour is willing to place himself in danger for the safety of others. In a time where new threats arise each day, courage is highly prized, and a valiant adventurer is often esteemed above all other individuals. For this reason, a hero’s rank in Valour also reflects the level of renown he attained as a doer of great deeds. When a player decides to favour Valour over Wisdom, his hero’s actions, not his judgement, will tend to prove his status in the eyes of others. From the lowliest start as a wandering adventurer, a hero might one day equal the repute and respect earned by a famous champion or king.",
"wisdom": "Sagesse",
"wisdom-description": "A character’s knowledge of his own capabilities, his self- confidence and capacity for good judgement changes and improves with struggles and strife. A characteristic with deeply personal implications, a hero’s rank in Wisdom also determines the stature of the hero in the eyes of those that prize these qualities. When Wisdom is chosen over Valour when spending Experience points, it suggests that the hero’s adventures are affecting him subtly but profoundly. Starting as a more or less ingenuous individual with an adventurous spirit, the hero can achieve the maturity and sagacity of the Wise.",
"common-skills": "Compétences communes",
"skill-groups": "Groupes de Compétences",
"awe": "Présence",
"awe-description": "This skill measures a hero’s capacity to provoke respect in onlookers, and determines the impression a hero makes on someone he meets for the first time. Depending on the circumstances and the hero’s intentions or disposition, it can be used to instil wonderment, admiration, or even fear. Awe arises from a character’s native charisma, but can also be engineered with a dramatic entrance or impressive attire. A successful use of the skill provokes the chosen effect. A failure fails to have any impact, or can even lead to the opposite result! Achieving a great success means that the hero has won the hearts of the onlookers, or cowed them into silent submission. An extraordinary success may produce open reverence, or panic.",
"inspire": "Inspiration",
"inspire-description": "A hero able to Inspire others can instil positive feelings in others, urging them to act on the matter at hand. This is a feat achieved mainly through example, charisma and personal conviction, rather than through the effective use of words (which falls under Persuade, below). It can be used on individuals, but is especially effective in influencing crowds. Heroes with high Inspire ratings can be forceful orators, passionate agitators, and well- loved leaders of men. A successful Inspire roll awakens a chosen feeling in the subject, so long as it is not in opposition to their current mood. A great success is enough to influence wholly disinterested individuals, and an extraordinary success may turn rivals into supporters.",
"persuade": "Persuasion",
"persuade-description": "This skill allows a hero to apply his or her reasoning to convince another individual of an idea or course of action. It can be used to influence small groups of listeners, but only if used in an appropriate context, such as a common hall. An attempt at persuasion requires more time than other Personality skills, but can have a more lasting impact on other characters’ actions. A high Persuade score denotes an uncommon eloquence, a love of speech and knowledge of its proper use and its effect on listeners. Wise men, advisors to chieftains and kings and their messengers all share this passion for the spoken word. The successful use of the skill lets the hero convince his audience of the flaws in their current position. A great success convinces the subject of the quality of the hero’s stance, while an extraordinary success may turn the subject into an ardent believer.",
"personality-description": "A hero’s personality comes through in his capacity to impress, encourage and influence others. A good level of proficiency in all three skills in this group is the mark of a leader.",
"athletics": "Athlétisme",
"athletics-description": "Athletics is a broad skill, covering most of the physical activities that a hero might undertake while adventuring, including r unning, leaping, climbing, swimming and throwing stones or other small objects. Heroes with high Athletics skill scores exhibit a winning combination of physical prowess, grace and control, generally gained through continuous exercise and daily exertion. A successful Athletics roll produces a satisfactory outcome in the physical activity, while a failed roll might even lead to serious harm, depending on the circumstances. A great or extraordinary result suggests a spectacular achievement.",
"travel": "Voyage",
"travel-description": "In the Third Age, the cities, villages and towns of Middle- earth are often separated by many leagues of wild or deserted areas. Roads that used to lead safely to distant realms now end in broken trails that go nowhere. When the company needs to cover a distance across uncertain territory, including by boat, every companion is required to perform one or more tests using the Travel skill to avoid becoming weary too soon. While certainly the product of exper ience, the use of Travel benef its mostly from a hero’s strength of spirit.",
"stealth": "Discrétion",
"stealth-description": "A hero resorts to Stealth whenever he needs, or is forced, to act in a furtive or secret way. The skill includes hiding, moving quietly and shadowing others. These activities often rely on quickness and precision, so a stealthy hero combines practiced caution with the ability to judge the right moment to take a chance. Hunters, burglars, and solitary fighters use Stealth to prosper in their trade. A successful Stealth roll indicates that the character has gone unnoticed, while a failure has almost certainly attracts unwanted attention. A great or extraordinary success produces an outcome so flawless that it even be impossible to trace the hero’s actions after the fact.",
"movement-description": "Overcoming obstacles, enduring long journeys and moving secretly are the stuff adventurers are made of.",
"awareness": "Vigilance",
"awareness-description": "The Awareness skill represents a hero’s readiness to react and his ability to notice something unexpected, out of the ordinary, or difficult to detect. High skill reflects both keen senses and the experience to understand what you see and hear. A high Awareness rating expresses an extraordinar y watchfulness, and is extremely useful to a companion who ser ves as a look-out for the company.",
"insight": "Intuition",
"insight-description": "Insight is the ability of a hero to see beyond appearances, recognising people’s hidden thoughts and beliefs. Heroes with Insight can recognise when someone is lying, and can draw useful conclusions about people’s motives. A hero with a high Insight score is often recognised as being a sensible and discerning individual, and many might seek his counsel. A successful Insight roll provides the hero with a faithful, if partial, portrait of the character observed. A great or extraordinary success reveals truths about an individual of which he himself is ignorant. Insight tests may be rolled in opposition to an adversary using Persuade or another Personality skill.",
"search": "Fouille",
"search-description": "Search is used when trying to find something by close examination. This skill may let a hero search a library to locate a piece of relevant information, look for concealed doors or hidden inscriptions, recognise a familiar face in a crowd or even search a suspected thief’s clothing. One roll is required for each inspection of a small area, such as a room. Search rolls are generally initiated by the player rather than the Loremaster; Awareness is used to see if the characters passively notice something. A successful Search roll generally lets the characters find what they are looking for if it is to be found. A great or extraordinary success usually means the object is found more quickly. If an item is particularly well hidden, the Loremaster could decide that a higher level of success is required to uncover it.",
"perception-description": "The ability to catch hidden details often pays off, be it noticing an odd noise that gives away an ambusher, catching the gleam in the eyes of a liar or spotting the crack in the wall that reveals a secret door.",
"explore": "Exploration",
"explore-description": "Adventurers rely on their Explore skill when they move through an unfamiliar area of the Wild. An Explore test may be required during a journey to find the company’s heading, or to get back on track after a detour; to cope with adverse weather conditions or other natural hazards; to create paths through the wilderness suitable for others to follow; or to choose a suitable place to set up camp. A high Explore rating is an invaluable resource for a companion acting as a scout for his group of adventurers.",
"healing": "Guérison",
"healing-description": "The knowledge of how to relieve pain and apply remedies to restore health to the suffering is an ancient one, and treatments differ from culture to culture. Almost all traditions, however, agree on the treatment of serious injuries, which must be immediately tended to keep from worsening. The Healing skill includes bone setting and the use of herbs or salves, but the outcome relies on the ability of the healer to understand what ails the sufferer and determine what should be done.",
"hunting": "Chasse",
"hunting-description": "Knowing how to hunt is a fundamental skill common in much of Middle-earth. A Hunting roll may be required when pursuing a creature through wild areas, or to locate tracks and follow them, or to identify a quarry by its spoor. The skill also covers preparing traps and the training and use of hunting dogs or birds. In wilder areas, hunters learn to apply their trade to more dangerous quarry, such as Orcs, Spiders or Wargs, or else risk becoming the prey.",
"survival-description": "The three skills of this group, essential for a roving adventurer, make a hero an invaluable member of a company.",
"song": "Chant",
"song-description": "Hobbits and Men, Elves and Dwarves, even Goblins and maybe Orcs: all the creatures of Middle-earth celebrate by playing music and singing songs. Great deeds and grim misfortunes are remembered in verse, and pleasant or even comic stories are told to ease spirits and find comfort. Song is used to recite poems, sing songs or play instruments suitable to the character’s culture. It can also be used to learn new works or create original compositions.",
"courtesy": "Courtoisie",
"courtesy-description": "The Free Peoples recognise common norms of decency and ancient conventions of behaviour. Observing these traditions demonstrates respect and is a way of quickly establishing a friendly footing even with complete strangers. A hero succeeding in a Courtesy roll knows what to say at the right moment to make a good impression with their host, or is mindful of his manners when receiving guests.",
"riddle": "Énigmes",
"riddle-description": "Owing its name to the ancient Game, the Riddle skill represents a hero’s ability to draw conclusions from seemingly unconnected scraps of information, by deduction, reasoning and intuition. An adventurer also relies on Riddle whenever he is forced to talk about a subject but wants to conceal part of what he knows, for example to explain something about himself without revealing his true identity. An accepted custom among many creatures, speaking in riddles is usually allowed among strangers meeting for the first time who want to speak guardedly. This skill is also used to gain helpful insight from a spoken or written riddle.",
"custom-description": "While heroes are often held to be uncivilised brutes by the common folk, their lives can sometimes depend on knowing the proper words, wisest song or cleverest answer. Excelling in these skills is considered a noble achievement.",
"craft": "Artisanat",
"craft-description": "The Craft skill doesn’t really cover the whole range of abilities of smiths, wrights and other artisans, but reflects the talent of a character for making or mending things by hand, although Traits like Smithcraft or Woodwright can be used to reflect proficiency in a specific craft. Craft could be used to attempt to repair the wheel of a cart, or construct an improvised raft with wood found on a river shore, or even when trying to start a fire on a windy hill. A high Craft score may indicate that the hero was a craftsman before starting his life of adventure. Some races, such as the Dwar ves and Noldor Elves, revere crafts as the highest expression of creativity.",
"battle": "Art de la Guerre",
"battle-description": "A hero’s proficiency in this skill shows his grasp of the rules of battle, and his ability to keep his head when involved in a violent confrontation. The Battle skill can be used to gain an advantage when involved in a fight with a group of foes, or to lead a company of men in open battle and maintain order in the midst of chaos (combat itself is covered by Weapon skills).",
"lore": "Connaissances",
"lore-description": "Lore expresses a hero’s love for learning, be it a fascination with descriptions of distant lands, or an interest in family genealogy. Whenever an action involves knowledge of some kind, a Lore roll is required. Heroes are considered to be knowledgeable in the traditions of their own people, and so the Loremaster should rarely require a player to make a Lore test for information regarding their character’s culture, background or the area they originally come from.",
"vocation-description": "Before his resolve hardened and pushed a hero on his road to adventure, he probably led a life much like an ordinary individual of his folk; learning a trade, defending his people and absorbing their accumulated wisdom.",
"weapon": "Arme",
"weapon-encumbrance-abbreviation": "Enc.",
"combat-values": "Valeurs de Combat",
"damage": "Dégâts",
"ranged": "À distance",
"parry": "Parade",
"shield": "Bouclier",
"head-gear": "Casque",
"gear": "Équipement",
"encumbrance-abbreviation": "Enc.",
"character-states": "États du Personnage",
"total-fatigue": "Fatigue Totale",
"encumbrance-fatigue": "Fatigue d'Encombrement",
"travel-fatigue": "Fatigue de Voyage",
"total-shadow": "Ombre Totale",
"temporal-shadow": "Ombre Temporaire",
"permanent-shadow": "Ombre Permanente",
"miserable": "<input type='checkbox' name='attr_miserable' value='1'>\nMélancolique",
"wounded": "<input type='checkbox' name='attr_wounded' value='1'>\nBlessé",
"wound-treated": "<input type='checkbox' name='attr_wound_treated' value='1'>\nBlessure traitée",
"rewards-and-virtues": "Récompenses & Vertus",
"rewards": "Récompenses",
"virtues": "Vertus",
"progress-and-keepings": "Progression & Trésors",
"fellowship-pool": "Réserve de Communauté",
"advancement-points": "Points de Progression",
"experience": "Expérience",
"treasure": "Trésors",
"standing": "Prestige",
"background": "Origine",
"company": "Compagnie",
"scout": "Éclaireur",
"huntsman": "Chasseur",
"look-out_man": "Guetteur",
"fellowship-focus": "Lien de Communauté",
"fellowship-phase": "Phase de Communauté",
"sanctuaries": "Sanctuaire",
"patron": "Garant",
"tale-of-years": "Le Passage des Années",
"year": "Année",
"event-description": "Évènements mémorables",
"mount": "Monture",
"mount-name": "Nom",
"mount-size": "Taille",
"mount-riding-mod": "Mod. d'équitation",
"mount-charge-bonus": "Bonus de Charge",
"mount-qualities": "Qualités",
"rolls-for": "jet de",
"against-tn": "contre SR",
"injury": "Blessure",
"target-number": "No de Cible",
"attacks-with": "attaque avec",
"attacks-with-a": "attaque avec un(e)",
"charges-with": "charge avec",
"an-attack": "pour attaquer"
}

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Unterhuber
Austria
flag msg tools
Wow that was fast! Thx!

no worries because of the descriptions, no hurry!

and yes the missing one is "armour reduction", a mount (horse) grants a certain reduction of your worn armour

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Le Bourvellec
France
flag msg tools
mb
uhu79 wrote:
Wow that was fast! Thx!

no worries because of the descriptions, no hurry!

and yes the missing one is "armour reduction", a mount (horse) grants a certain reduction of your worn armour

This is the reduction of the armor encumbrance value, isn't it ? If Yes, here is a french traduction :
If enough place :
"mount-arm-red": "Réduc. enc. armure",
If not enough place, same than in english:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Le Bourvellec
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

Here is the last version version of the french translation json file. Now all is translated :-)

{
"sheet-type-Player-Character": "Personnage Joueur",
"sheet-type-LM-Character": "PNJ",
"sheet-type-Adversary": "Adversaire",
"attribute-level": "Niveau d'Attribut",
"weary-state": "État d'Épuisement",
"weary-normal": "Normal",
"weary-weary": "Épuisé",
"hate": "Haine",
"parry-and-shield": "Parade & Bouclier",
"armour": "Armure",
"skills": "Compétences",
"personality": "Personnalité",
"survival": "Survie",
"movement": "Déplacement",
"custom": "Coutume",
"vocation": "Métier",
"weapon-skills": "Compétences d'Armes",
"weapon-name": "Nom",
"weapon-rating": "Rang",
"weapon-damage": "Dégâts",
"weapon-edge": "Taille",
"weapon-injury": "Bless.",
"weapon-called-shot": "Coup Précis",
"special-abilities": "Capacités Spéciales",
"hope": "Espoir",
"character-name": "Nom",
"standard-of-living": "Niveau de Vie",
"cultural-blessing": "Avantage Culturel",
"calling": "Vocation",
"shadow-weakness": "Part d'Ombre",
"specialities": "Spécialités",
"distinctive-features": "Particularités",
"attributes": "Attributs",
"body": "Corps",
"body-description": "Un personnage doté d'une valeur de Corps élevée peut être robuste et en pleine forme, grand et agile, voire imposant ou séduisant. Tous les aspects d'un personnage qui se rattachent à la vigueur ou au bien-être physique sont représentés dans le jeu par le Corps.",
"favoured": "Amélioré",
"heart": "Coeur",
"heart-description": "Mesure le potentiel d'un personnage en termes d'émotions, d'allant et d'enthousiasme. Un héros pourvu d'une valeur de Cœur élevée peut être fougueux, exalté et difficile à démoraliser. Cette valeur peut aussi influencer les actions qui tirent avantage d'un caractère fort ou passionné.",
"wits": "Esprit",
"wits-description": "Un héros doté d'une valeur d'Esprit élevée peut être intelligent, attentif et d'une grande force de volonté. Un personnage malin réfléchit vite et est sans doute alerte et vigilant, si bien que les actions faisant appel à ces qualités dépendront de la valeur d'Esprit du héros.",
"valour": "Vaillance",
"valour-description": "La Vaillance mesure le courage du personnage face aux épreuves dangereuses. Un homme vaillant est prêt à se mettre en danger pour le bien d'autrui. A une époque où de nouvelles menaces apparaissent chaque jour, le courage est hautement apprécié et un aventurier de cette sorte est souvent plus estimé que d'autres. Pour cette raison, le rang de Vaillance reflète aussi le niveau de renom que le personnage atteint par ses prouesses.
Quand un joueur décide de favoriser la Vaillance sur la Sagesse, ce sont ses actions - et non pas son jugement - qui affirmeront son statut aux yeux des autres. Après des débuts comme aventurier et vagabond, un héros peut un jour égaler la réputation et le respect d'un illustre champion ou d'un roi.",
"wisdom": "Sagesse",
"wisdom-description": "La conscience du personnage en ses propres capacités, sa confiance en lui et son jugement se modifient et s'améliorent au cours de conflits et de luttes. Caractéristique aux profondes implications personnelles, le rang de Sagesse du héros détermine aussi son staut aux yeux de ceux qui chérissent cette qualité.
Quand la sagesse est préférée à la Vaillance au moment de dépenser des points d'Expérience, cela suggère que les aventures du héros l'ont affecté subtilement mais profondément. Débutant en tant que personnage plus ou moins ingénu à l'esprit aventureux, le héros peut finir par atteindre la maturité et la sagacité d'un Sage.",
"common-skills": "Compétences communes",
"skill-groups": "Groupes de Compétences",
"awe": "Présence",
"awe-description": "Indique la capacité d'un héros à inspirer le respect et détermine l'impression qu'il fait aux individus qu'il rencontre pour la première fois. Selon les circonstances, il pourra susciter l'émerveillement, l'admiration, voire la peur. La Présence découle du charisme naturel du personnage, mais peut aussi être mise en oeuvre au moyen d'une entrée remarquée ou de vêtements impressionnants.
Un jet de Présence réussi provoque l'effet recherché. Un échec ne donne rien et peut même provoquer un effet contraire à celui espéré ! Un succès supérieur permet de gagner le coeur des individus présents, ou de les réduire au silence en les intimidant. Un succès extraordinaire suscitera certainement un sentiment de vénération ou de panique.",
"inspire": "Inspiration",
"inspire-description": "Le héros est capable d'inspirer des émotions positives à ceux qui l'entourent pour les pousser à ne pas rester inactifs. On y parvient principalement en montrant l'exemple, en faisant preuve de charisme ou en affichant ses convictions personnelles plutôt qu'en s'appuyant sur la force de la parole (ce qui correspond davantage à la Persuasion). On peut se servir de cette compétence sur des individus mais elle est particulièrement efficace pour influencer les foules. Les héros dotés d'une valeur d'Inspiration élevée sont de formidables orateurs, des agitateurs passionnés ou des chefs appréciés.
Un jet d'Inspiration réussi suscite le sentiment voulu tant qu'il n'est pas en contradiction avec l'humeur actuelle du sujet. Un succès supérieur permet d'influencer des individus différents, tandis qu'un succès extraordinaire fera de vos rivaux de véritables partisans à votre cause.",
"persuade": "Persuasion",
"persuade-description": "Cette compétence permet au héros de recourir à ses facultés de raisonnement pour convaincre autrui, qu'il s'agisse d'une idée ou de la marche à suivre. Elle peut servir à influencer de petits groupes d'auditeurs, mais seulement si le contexte s'y prête, comme dans une salle commune. Une tentative de persuasion demande plus de temps que les autres compétences de Personnalité, mais son effet sur les actions d'autres personnes s'inscrit d'avantage dans la durée. Une valeur de Persuasion élevée dénote une éloquence hors du commun, un véritable goût pour la parole, mais aussi la connaissance de son maniement et de ses effets sur un public. Les sages, les conseillers des chefs et des rois ainsi que leurs messagers partagent cette passion pour la parole donnée.
Un jet de Persuasion réussi permet au héros de convaincre ses interlocuteurs des faiblesses de leur opinion. Un succès supérieur convaincra un individu du bien-fondé de la proposition du héros, tandis qu'un succès extraordinaire fera de ce même invididu un fervent partisan.",
"personality-description": "Grâce à sa personnalité, le héros impressionne, galvanise et influence son entourage. Un bon niveau de maîtrise dans les trois compétences de ce groupe constitue la marque de fabrique des chefs.",
"athletics": "Athlétisme",
"athletics-description": "L'Athlétisme est une compétence très large qui couvre l'ensemble des activités physiques auxquelles un héros se livre pendant une aventure, qu'il s'agisse de courir, sauter, grimper, nager ou encore lancer des pierres et d'autres objets de petite taille. Les héros dotés d'une valeur d'Athlétisme élevée déploient une combinaison gagnante de prouesses physiques, de grâce et de contrôle généralement acquise au fil d'exercices quotidiens.
Un jet d'Athlétisme couronné de succès permet de réussir l'activité physique entreprise. Selon les circonstances, un échec pourra entrainer de sérieuses blessures. Un succès supérieur ou extraordinaire aura certainement des conséquences spectaculaires.",
"travel": "Voyage",
"travel-description": "Au Troisième Âge, les cités, villes et villages de la Terre du Milieu sont séparés par de nombreuses lieues de régions sauvages ou désertes. Les routes jadis utilisées pour se rendre en toute sécurité vers de lointains royaumes finissent par prendre la forme de chemins défoncés ne menant nulle part.
Quand la compagnie doit voyager en terrain inconnu (y compris par voie fluviale ou maritime), chaque héros doit effectuer un ou plusieurs tests de Fatigue en utilisant sa compétence Voyage pour éviter de céder trop rapidement à la fatigue. S'ils peuvent être le fruit de l'expérience, les avantages de la compétence Voyage découlent avant tout de la force de caractère du personnage.",
"stealth": "Discrétion",
"stealth-description": "Un héros fait appel à la Discrétion quand il lui faut agir sans se faire remarquer. Il peut avoir besoin de se cacher, de se déplacer en silence ou de suivre quelqu'un. Ces actions nécessitent généralement célérité et précision. Un héros discret fera donc preuve de prudence et saura saisir sa chance pour agir au meilleur moment. Cette compétence est très utile aux chasseurs, cambrioleurs et combattants solitaires.
Un jet de Discrétion réussi permet au personnage de passer inaperçu. En cas d'échec, il risque au contraire d'attirer l'attention. Un succès supérieur ou extraordinaire produit un résultat si parfait, qu'il sera ensuite impossible de remonter jusqu'au héros.",
"movement-description": "Surmonter les obstacles, supporter de longs voyages et se déplacer sans se faire remarquer, voilà de quoi sont capables les aventuriers endurcis.",
"awareness": "Vigilance",
"awareness-description": "La Vigilance regroupe les facultés de réaction du héros, mais elle lui permet aussi de remarquer quelque chose d'inatendu, qui sort de l'ordinaire ou qui est difficilement détectable. Une valeur de compétence élevée reflète des sens aiguisés et l'expérience nécessaire pour comprendre ce que vous voyez et entendez.
Une valeur de Vigilance élevée traduit une attention extraordinaire et est très utile pour un personnage faisant office de guetteur pour la compagnie.",
"insight": "Intuition",
"insight-description": "L'Intuition permet de voir au-delà des apparences, de prendre conscience des croyances et des pensées cachées d'autrui. Les héros dotés de cette compétence reconnaitront les menteurs et tireront des conclusions utiles au sujet des motivations des gens. Un héros doté d'une valeur d'Intuition élevée passe pour un individu sensible et éclairé, nombreux sont ceux qui recherchent ses conseils.
Un jet d'Intuition réussi offre au héros un portrait fidèle, mais partiel, du personnage observé. Un succès supérieur ou extraordinaire révèle au sujet d'un individu des faits dont lui-même est inconscient. Les tests d'Intuition peuvent être opposés à un adversaire usant de Persuasion ou d'une autre compétence de Personnalité.",
"search": "Fouille",
"search-description": "Un héros utilise sa compétence de Fouille quand il tente de trouver quelque chose au moyen d'un examen minutieux. Avec cette compétence, il peut faire des recherches dans une bibliothèque pour y découvrir un renseignement intéressant, trouver une porte cachée ou des inscriptions dissimulées, reconnaitre un visage familier dans une foule ou même fouiller un voleur présumé. Un jet est nécessaire pour l'inspection d'une petite zone, comme une pièce. Les jets de Fouille sont généralement demandés par les joueurs et non par le Gardien des Légendes. C'est la compétence Vigilance qui permet de voir si les personnages remarquent quelque chose de façon passive.
Un jet de Fouille couronné de succès permet habituellement aux personnages de trouver ce qu'ils cherchent, si cela relève du domaine du possible. Un succès supérieur ou extraordinaire permet de mener à bien les recherches plus rapidement. Dans le cas d'un objet particulièrement bien caché, le Gardien des Légendes pourra relever le niveau de réussite exigé.",
"perception-description": "Les plus petits détails ont parfois de l'importance, qu'il s'agisse d'un bruit curieux témoignant de la possibilité d'une embuscade, d'une lueur étrange dans les yeux d'un menteur, ou d'une fissure dans un mur qui dévoile la présence d'une porte secrète.",
"explore": "Exploration",
"explore-description": "Les aventuriers utilisent la compétence Exploration quand ils parcourent une région peu familière. Durant ses voyages, la compagnie devra certainement effectuer un test d'Exploration pour trouver sa direction ou retrouver son chemin après avoir fait un détour; pour faire face à une météo difficile et autres risques naturels; pour ouvrir en milieu sauvage des sentiers que d'autres pourront ensuite emprunter; ou encore pour choisir le bon emplacement où dresser un camp. Une valeur d'Exploration élevée est précieuse pour tout personnage faisant office d'Eclaireur pour son groupe d'aventuriers.",
"healing": "Guérison",
"healing-description": "Les connaissances qui permettent de soulager la douleur et de soigner les malades et les blessés sont anciennes et différentes d'une culture à une autre. Presque toutes les traditions sont néanmoins d'accord sur un point : les blessures graves doivent être soignées sur-le-champ sous peine d'empirer.
La compétence Guérison permet de réduire une fracture, de se servir d'herbes et de baumes, mais le résultat dépend avant tout du diagnostic établi par le guérisseur et du choix du remède à employer.",
"hunting": "Chasse",
"hunting-description": "L'art de la chasse est un savoir-faire crucial fort répandu sur la Terre du Milieu. Un jet de compétence peut être nécessaire pour traquer un animal en milieu sauvage, pour trouver une piste et la suivre, ou pour identifier une proie aux traces qu'elle a laissées.
Cette compétence permet aussi de concevoir des pièges et de dresser des chiens de chasse et des rapaces. Dans les régions les plus reculées, les chasseurs exercent leur talent contre des créatures beaucoup plus dangereuses comme les Orques, les Araignées et les Wargs, quand ils ne deviennent pas eux-mêmes des proies.",
"survival-description": "Essentielles pour les aventuriers qui roulent leur bosse, les trois compétences de ce groupe font du héros un membre précieux de la compagnie.",
"song": "Chant",
"song-description": "Hobbits et Hommes, Elfes et Nains, les Gobelins et peut-être même les Orques, toutes les créatures de la Terre du Milieu festoient en jouant de la musique et en chantant. Les plus grands exploits et les pires malheurs sont mis en vers, et les gens trouvent parfois le réconfort au moyen de récits agréables ou comiques.
La compétence Chant sert à réciter des poèmes, à chanter ou à jouer d'un instrument adapté à la culture du personnage. Elle permet aussi d'apprendre de nouvelles oeuvres et de produire des compositions originales.",
"courtesy": "Courtoisie",
"courtesy-description": "Les Peuples Libres observent de vieilles règles de conduite et de convenance. Ces traditions accordent une grande valeur au respect et permettent de nouer rapidement des relations amicales avec de parfaits inconnus.
Un héros qui réussit un jet de Courtoisie sait quoi dire au moment opportun pour faire bonne impression auprès de son hôte ou attacher de l'importance à l'accueil qu'il réserve à ses invités.",
"riddle": "Énigmes",
"riddle-description": "Cette compétence, qui tire son nom d'un vieux jeu d'esprit, permet au héros d'associer des bribes d'informations apparemment décousues pour en tirer de véritables conclusions en faisant appel à la déduction, au raisonnement et à l'intuition.
Un aventurier s'appuie également sur la compétence Enigmes quand il est dans l'obligation d'aborder un sujet mais qu'il ne souhaite pas révéler tout ce qu'il sait. Il peut s'agir, par exemple, d'expliquer quelque chose le concernant sans révéler sa véritable identité.
De nombreuses créatures ont coutume de parler par énigmes quand elles ont affaire à des inconnus qu'elles rencontrent pour la première fois et désirent faire preuve de réserve. Cette compétence permet aussi de déchiffrer tout ou partie d'une énigme orale ou écrite.",
"custom-description": "Les gens prennent souvent les héros pour des brutes barbares, mais leur vie vie dépend parfois d'une poignée de bons mots, d'une chanson opportune ou d'une réponse bien pensée. Exceller dans ces compétences relève d'une certaine noblesse.",
"craft": "Artisanat",
"craft-description": "Cette compétence n'englobe pas vraiment le savoir-faire du forgeron, du charpentier ou des autres corps de métier de l'artisanat. Elle démontre simplement le talent dont fait preuve le personnage qui crée ou répare des objets manuellement. Les Traits comme Forge et Menuisier peuvent quant à eux refléter un certain savoir-faire dans une forme d'artisanat précise. L'Artisanat peut servir à réparer la roue d'une charrette, à construire un radeau improvisé avec du bois trouvé sur la berge d'un cours d'eau, ou bien à allumer un feu sur une colline exposée au vent.
Une valeur d'Artisanat élevée signifiera peut-être que le héros a été artisan avant d'entreprendre une vie d'aventurier. Certaines races, comme les Nains et les Elfes Noldor, voient l'artisanat comme la plus haute expression de la créativité.",
"battle": "Art de la Guerre",
"battle-description": "Grâce à cette compétence, le héros connaît les règles qui régissent le déroulement d'une bataille et peut éviter de se faire tuer quand l'engagement prend une tournure particulièrement brutale. L'Art de la Guerre permet de bénéficier d'un avantage face à un groupe d'adversaires, mais également de mener une compagnie d'hommes au combat et de maintenir l'ordre parmi les troupes malgré la confusion ambiante (le combat quant à lui dépend des compétences d'armes du personnage).",
"lore": "Connaissances",
"lore-description": "Cette compétence reflète le goût de l'apprentissage du héros, qu'il s'agisse d'une véritable fascination pour les descriptions de terres lointaines ou d'un interêt pour la généalogie. Quand une action implique un quelconque savoir, un jet de Connaissances est nécessaire.
Les héros connaissent les traditions de leur peuple. Ainsi, le Gardien des Légendes demandera rarement à un joueur d'effectuer un test de Connaissances pour des informations ayant trait à la culture, aux origines et à la région natale de son personnage.",
"vocation-description": "Avant que sa résolution ne pousse un héros sur la voie de l'aventure, sans doute a-t-il mené une vie parfaitement ordinaire : apprentissage d'un métier, protection des siens et assimilation de savoirs.",
"weapon": "Arme",
"weapon-encumbrance-abbreviation": "Enc.",
"combat-values": "Valeurs de Combat",
"damage": "Dégâts",
"ranged": "À distance",
"parry": "Parade",
"shield": "Bouclier",
"head-gear": "Casque",
"gear": "Équipement",
"encumbrance-abbreviation": "Enc.",
"character-states": "États du Personnage",
"total-fatigue": "Fatigue Totale",
"encumbrance-fatigue": "Fatigue d'Encombrement",
"travel-fatigue": "Fatigue de Voyage",
"total-shadow": "Ombre Totale",
"temporal-shadow": "Ombre Temporaire",
"permanent-shadow": "Ombre Permanente",
"miserable": "<input type='checkbox' name='attr_miserable' value='1'>\nMélancolique",
"wounded": "<input type='checkbox' name='attr_wounded' value='1'>\nBlessé",
"wound-treated": "<input type='checkbox' name='attr_wound_treated' value='1'>\nBlessure traitée",
"rewards-and-virtues": "Récompenses & Vertus",
"rewards": "Récompenses",
"virtues": "Vertus",
"progress-and-keepings": "Progression & Trésors",
"fellowship-pool": "Réserve de Communauté",
"advancement-points": "Points de Progression",
"experience": "Expérience",
"treasure": "Trésors",
"standing": "Prestige",
"background": "Origine",
"company": "Compagnie",
"scout": "Éclaireur",
"huntsman": "Chasseur",
"look-out_man": "Guetteur",
"fellowship-focus": "Lien de Communauté",
"fellowship-phase": "Phase de Communauté",
"sanctuaries": "Sanctuaire",
"patron": "Garant",
"tale-of-years": "Le Passage des Années",
"year": "Année",
"event-description": "Évènements mémorables",
"mount": "Monture",
"mount-name": "Nom",
"mount-size": "Taille",
"mount-riding-mod": "Mod. d'équitation",
"mount-charge-bonus": "Bonus de Charge",
"mount-arm-red": "Réduc. enc. armure",
"mount-qualities": "Qualités",
"rolls-for": "jet de",
"against-tn": "contre SR",
"injury": "Blessure",
"target-number": "No de Cible",
"attacks-with": "attaque avec",
"attacks-with-a": "attaque avec un(e)",
"charges-with": "charge avec",
"an-attack": "pour attaquer"
}

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Unterhuber
Austria
flag msg tools
Many Thanks Eric!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Le Bourvellec
France
flag msg tools
mb
You're welcome, Stephan. And you are working for all of us who are playing in roll20, so it's le who thanks you.

One question : do you know when this french translation and all your work on the character sheet will be put online in roll20 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Unterhuber
Austria
flag msg tools
Re: the release date, I cannot really make any committment I fear. It does depend on so many things and the schedules of 3 people.

I can tell you that we are pretty advanced already and currently polishing the whole thing. Moving stuff a few px here and there.

However, we might still have a major issue that I faced with my group on Sunday (they have been forced to be our guinea pigs devil) - but I still don't know what causes the problems...

Speaking of guinea pigs... anyone who is able and willing to use a custom sheet (needs a Roll20 PRO account) is hereby invited to shout out and will receive the html and css to test the sheet.

The Fellowship can still grow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael (Aragent) I
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Hi this is Michael (Aragent) I.
as stated on the roll20 Community Forums and Roll20 The one ring wiki
I recently fixed the Favored weapon skillon the Roll20 Character sheet also I Have updated most of Michael Heilemann API scripts.

I am interested in where this program is for Moving forward with TOR Character sheets and additions I would like to add to the API.

Only one note of Concern (as stated by ROll20) we have to watch how closely the Character sheet resemble Cubical 7 due to copy write.

hopefully we can all work together to improve The One Ring (Character Sheet and API/Macros)

Michael (Aragent) I.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Le Bourvellec
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Michael,

We had a quick talk in a roll20 forum thrad concerning the favored skills issue (see below link) : you have indicated that you have corrected the issue for the "The one Ring" character sheet. But the same issue also exists in the french version of that character sheet : "L'Anneau Unique" and it isn't corrected. Would it possible to apply your correction also on the french version ? That would be very kind. I know that the work in progress here will add multilanguage (including french) but that won't be ready in a few days and that issue is really annoying gor frnehc players.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6553846/the-one-ring-css-i...

Note : the "L'Anneau Unique" character sheet has been created some years ago after duplicating "The One Ring" character sheet => it should have 99% of identical css code.

I thank you in advance

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Unterhuber
Austria
flag msg tools
Hi Michael!
Good to hear from you. Thx for your contribution to the existing sheet

Would you want to get your hands on the current html and css to have a look for yourself? I guess you can work with custom sheets?

drop me a personal message with an e-mail in this case and I will send you the files

br, Stefan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.