Legacy of Dragonholt
Xas Irkalla
Call of Cthulhu Starter Set
Blades in the Dark
Paranoia: Red Clearance Edition
Fall of Magic
Forbidden Lands Player's Handbook
Forbidden Lands Gamemaster's Guide
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
Good Society: A Jane Austen Role-Playing Game
Knights & Legends
Complete Gunslinger
Fey Folio
SPACERS Core
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Mouse Guard (2nd Edition)
Curse of Strahd
The Skeletons
M-Space
Kids on Bikes
Woodfall
Knights & Legends the Rogue Priest Expansion and Campaign
Changeling: The Lost Second Edition
City
Red Bat Cthulhu
The Santa Lands
Book 01: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
MJ1: Media Junkie: Take One
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Clash of the Princes
Dungeon World Roleplaying Game
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Assault on the Goblin Hold
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Adventurer's Guide
Index Card RPG Core
Tiny Dungeon 2nd Edition
Adventure Kit: Oath of the Frozen King
Maria in Three Parts
Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
Scum and Villainy
The Vaults of K'Horror
Dungeon Delve Adventure #2: Dungeons of the Dread Wyrm
Rangers of Shadow Deep: A Tabletop Adventure Game
El Tesoro de Córdoba
All That Glitters is Palladium: A Short History of Palladium Books
Monarchies of Mau Guide's Screen
Mother's Maze
Karl Wobbe
Canada
Pickering
Ontario
flag msg tools
Just picked up a copy on Friday and after reading the only other review here I don't have a lot to add but figured I'd still throw out some photos, observations and suggestions for people all the same.

First off as mentioned this is a "Collectors" book. Granted it is fully functional as far as content goes but as for table top playable...less so.

To give you a better understanding of how big this thing is, it's the the same size as Volo's Guide and Players Handbook put together

As for the quality of the books itself it is excellent and the paper stock is ... REAL PAPER ... for example it only has 30-pages more than the 5e Monster Manual...

Now as I mentioned as far as table top playable goes...all the original and converted for 5e stuff is there. I have not played the new 5e version but having read though it the stuff seems accurate from a quick once over, and I do have the original B2 module and that is word for word original.

But a book this size...well it's not sitting flat when you open it.

So as for a collectors item at $50 I am perfectly happy and more than pleased with this purchase, and for any old(er) timers like myself who have a great whack of D&D from ages past...totally worth it if you're into 5e.

*****HOWEVER*****
I read they already greatly exceeded their expectations on the run and are currently selling out of the 3rd printing of "Into the Borderlands".

And what I would really like to see is Goodman Games bring out a modified version of this "module".

By that I mean strip out all the original content.
Rework the cover and add in proper hooks and beginner content for 5e much akin to Phandelver.

They already have the content and proved that they can make top quality books, so a stripped down "table top playable" version of this for 5e beginners and new DMs, well that would be bang on the money for a lot more people.

I have to say I really enjoyed Phandelver and thinking of B1 & B2 redone as a proper stand alone soft or even hardcover 5e beginners module...

Ya I'd be in for another $20-25 to own that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.