The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
The Elf Archaeologists Are Saying Hurtful Things About Your Skeleton
Call of Cthulhu Starter Set
Steve Jackson's Sorcery! Bundled Set
StoryCube: The Roleplaying Game
Big Trouble
Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Hoard of the Dragon Queen
Tech Support
Escape the Underdark
Dark Elves' Lair
The Great Pendragon Campaign
The Space Gamer (Issue 15 - Jan 1978)
Drunken Bear Fighter
Tales from the Loop: GM Screen
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
Realms of Terrinoth
Into the Jungle
RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha
Forbidden Knowledge
Mutants & Marvels 1.0
Book 01: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
Book 04: Starship Traveller
Book 05: City of Thieves
Book 01: Dungeon of Dread
Masque of the Red Death and Other Tales
Griffin Mountain
The SKETCH System Core Rulebook
Dragon (Issue 72 - Apr 1983)
Heart of Ice
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Dark Heresy Second Edition Core Rulebook
Fragged Empire: Core Rule Book
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
Blades in the Dark
Volo's Guide to Monsters
Orbital 2100
Tales from the Loop
Tales from the Loop: Map
Tomb of Annihilation
Ironsworn
Shattered: A Grimdark RPG
Mothership Player's Survival Guide
Pathfinder #136: Temple of the Peacock Spirit
Pathfinder #137: The City Outside of Time
Rangers of Shadow Deep: A Tabletop Adventure Game
Android: Shadow of the Beanstalk
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,195 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


This is my first time with The Cthanta Claus Gift Exchange.

I would like to know what procedure can be used so that a PDF can be bought and sent to another person without revealing the buyer's identity ?
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mallet wrote:


This is my first time with The Cthanta Claus Gift Exchange.

I would like to know what procedure can be used so that a PDF can be bought and sent to another person without revealing the buyer's identity ?


If you're using DTRPG, under "My Account Settings," you can change your name to anything you like.
9 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oberon166 wrote:
Mallet wrote:


This is my first time with The Cthanta Claus Gift Exchange.

I would like to know what procedure can be used so that a PDF can be bought and sent to another person without revealing the buyer's identity ?


If you're using DTRPG, under "My Account Settings," you can change your name to anything you like.


Awesome ! I will look into this. Thanks a lot !
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teh Slipperboy
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
Mallet wrote:
oberon166 wrote:
Mallet wrote:


This is my first time with The Cthanta Claus Gift Exchange.

I would like to know what procedure can be used so that a PDF can be bought and sent to another person without revealing the buyer's identity ?


If you're using DTRPG, under "My Account Settings," you can change your name to anything you like.


Awesome ! I will look into this. Thanks a lot !


You will probably want to ask your target for their DriveThruRpg email since it might not be the one they use here.
11 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sdonohue wrote:
Mallet wrote:
oberon166 wrote:
Mallet wrote:


This is my first time with The Cthanta Claus Gift Exchange.

I would like to know what procedure can be used so that a PDF can be bought and sent to another person without revealing the buyer's identity ?


If you're using DTRPG, under "My Account Settings," you can change your name to anything you like.


Awesome ! I will look into this. Thanks a lot !


You will probably want to ask your target for their DriveThruRpg email since it might not be the one they use here.


I guess they would need to post it somewhere on their RPG Geek user profile then, because otherwise it will be "Cthanta Claus" that will get this information, not me.

And what happens if they don't have their own DTRPG profile ?

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mallet wrote:


And what happens if they don't have their own DTRPG profile ?



When you buy digital content for someone on DTRPG, it asks what email address you want them to send the "you've got PDFs" email to. If it's an email that isn't attached to an account, they'll still get the email, and it will prompt them to create an account in order to get their PDFs.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhiannon D
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
Crafts keep me sane.
badge
New recruit to the spoonie army.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mallet wrote:


I guess they would need to post it somewhere on their RPG Geek user profile then, because otherwise it will be "Cthanta Claus" that will get this information, not me.

And what happens if they don't have their own DTRPG profile ?



Nope, if you message them using the 'send message to your target' feature within the exchange, they can send a message with the information back to you the same way without knowing who you are.
9 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
regency_rhi wrote:
Mallet wrote:


I guess they would need to post it somewhere on their RPG Geek user profile then, because otherwise it will be "Cthanta Claus" that will get this information, not me.

And what happens if they don't have their own DTRPG profile ?



Nope, if you message them using the 'send message to your target' feature within the exchange, they can send a message with the information back to you the same way without knowing who you are.


Good to know.

I always use the traditional method of logging in/out, but I will be using this advanced feature for sure.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mallet wrote:
regency_rhi wrote:
Mallet wrote:


I guess they would need to post it somewhere on their RPG Geek user profile then, because otherwise it will be "Cthanta Claus" that will get this information, not me.

And what happens if they don't have their own DTRPG profile ?



Nope, if you message them using the 'send message to your target' feature within the exchange, they can send a message with the information back to you the same way without knowing who you are.


Good to know.

I always use the traditional method of logging in/out, but I will be using this advanced feature for sure.


Here is another question concerning DriveThruRPG.

What name will appear on the Watermark ? The buyer, or the person who received the gift ?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Peters
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmb
Mallet wrote:


Here is another question concerning DriveThruRPG.

What name will appear on the Watermark ? The buyer, or the person who received the gift ?


The recipient.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blammo wrote:
Mallet wrote:


Here is another question concerning DriveThruRPG.

What name will appear on the Watermark ? The buyer, or the person who received the gift ?


The recipient.


Great !
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Rennis
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Nature is Satan's church.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My target is super exciting. Having some choice anxiety!
Maybe I just won't choose! ninja
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Ry
New Zealand
Henderson
Auckland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been contacted by great Cthanta Claus

I was first criticized for my poor wish list selection and had to beef it up

But, I was also been assigned to post a Haiku to the great master:

Oh great Cthulu
Yog sothoth grants me power
My Sanity wanes

I hope this pleases them

Edit:
too many syllables in Haiku
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey! Stop poking me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
terrangray wrote:
I have been contacted by great Cthanta Claus

I was first criticized for my poor wish list selection and had to beef it up

But, I was also been assigned to post a Haiku to the great master:

Oh great Cthulu
Yog sothoth grants me power
My Sanity wanes

I hope this pleases them

Edit:
too many syllables in Haiku


Amazing! A truly great One he is!
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Ry
New Zealand
Henderson
Auckland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulligans wrote:
Amazing! A truly great One he is!


I would disagree, but they got me to write a poem, I don't even know if my teachers back in the day could do the same
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey! Stop poking me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Ry
New Zealand
Henderson
Auckland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Abyss Great Cthanta Claus has once again put forth a demand for services and once again I do thee bidding

Top Three favourite RPGs
Dungeon and Dragons
Star Trek
Lasers and Feelings

Top Three favourite Wargames
I haven't played any Wargames so therefore I can't list any


Top Three favourite Non-Wargame Boardgames
Cosmic Encounter
Ticket To Ride: Nordic Countries
Carcassonne



Top Three favourite Video Games
Total Annihlation
Skyrim
Duke Nukem 3-D

I await your next task
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Whyte
New Zealand
Hamilton
None
flag msg tools
designer
Whoever the five of you are who nominated me for Citizen Recognition I am truly touched
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
terrangray wrote:
From the Abyss Great Cthanta Claus has once again put forth a demand for services and once again I do thee bidding

Top Three favourite RPGs
Dungeon and Dragons
Star Trek
Lasers and Feelings

Top Three favourite Wargames
I haven't played any Wargames so therefore I can't list any


Top Three favourite Non-Wargame Boardgames
Cosmic Encounter
Ticket To Ride: Nordic Countries
Carcassonne



Top Three favourite Video Games
Total Annihlation
Skyrim
Duke Nukem 3-D

I await your next task


Ticket to Ride : Nordic Countries is the best version.
Ticket to Ride is called "Angry Train Game". Nordic countries is "Angrier train game".
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

So my Secret Santa asked me what was my favourite question that I had asked in the context of Question Of The Day (QOTD) ?

It was not easy to answer that question, because I have asked a ton of questions in the past twelve months, some more pertinent then others.

Reviewing the matter, I would say that one of my favourite questions was the one concerning the amount of desirable "railroading" in RPGs.

https://rpggeek.com/thread/2039191/qotd-aug-8-what-amount-ra...

This question generated a lot of discussion, and was very useful for me.

Thank you for asking, Cthanta Claus.

cool
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford the Youngest (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For all you Cthanta's out there - I highly recommend you check out all the big companies for Black Friday deals.

Modiphius, for example, are selling the Star Trek Adventures core book for just £25 printed (£10 pdf); Achtung! Cthulhu Keeper's guide is just £10 print, Symbaroum core is £20 and Conan pdf collection is £80 (plus others!) https://www.modiphius.net/collections/black-friday-2018


Also, all the DriveThru websites have deals:

https://www.dmsguild.com/blackfriday.php?filters=0_0_0_0_0_4...

When you go to each of the sites (DriveThruRPG ; RPGNow ; DriveThruComics ; DriveThruFiction ; DriveThruCards ; DMsGuild ; Storytellers Vault ) they have a link in the top left that's hard to miss taking you to the bargains!


These all usually last through till Sunday. (Shame it's not payday yet for me lol)
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford the Youngest (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Also, see this thread: Geektastic Secret Santa Stores for 2018

If you are ordering from certain stores you may get free wrapping / discounts.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford the Youngest (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You should all soon receive your 10th Cthanta Claus Gift Exchange Microbadge!

mb

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Ry
New Zealand
Henderson
Auckland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cthanta has once again demanded a task of me:

Three of your favourite songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qCOVQvwGTU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egcAHdxp6Pg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF62J3vxPdQ


Three of your favourite music pieces
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMjCQzfKhNk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwxYiVXYyVs
[url]https://youtu.be/V-_O7nl0Ii0 [/url]


Three of your favourite musical movie scores:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3AiYIxBwD0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEKQoV4kqqE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuD6Kpw2AA


Edit. Third music piece.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cthanta Claus
Other-South Pacific
The Dreamless Deep
Ceaseless Rage
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HO!HO!HO!

Thank you, mere mortal, for doing my bidding.

Here is one of MY favourite musical pieces:



HO!HO!HO!

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cthanta Claus
Other-South Pacific
The Dreamless Deep
Ceaseless Rage
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For a different mood ...




6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.