On the Air
Aftermath! Technology! (Second edition)
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Flash Gordon Roleplaying Game
Top Secret Box Set (Second Edition)
The Rise of Tiamat
The House Always Wins
Przeklęty Gród
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
Unearthed Arcana
Ironwood
Flash Gordon Kingdoms of Mongo
Realms of Terrinoth
Call of Cthulhu Starter Set
The Adventure Crafter
Dungeon Masters Guide (AD&D 1e)
Player's Handbook (D&D 3.5e)
The Great Pendragon Campaign
Fiasco
Microscope
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
No Country For Old Kobolds
The Skeletons
World War Cthulhu: Cold War
Kids on Bikes
Ork! The Roleplaying Game, 2nd Edition
Knights & Legends
Camarilla
Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage
Complete Gunslinger
Footprints (Issue 24 - Jan 2019)
Players Handbook (AD&D 1e)
Monster Manual (AD&D 1e)
The Adventures of Indiana Jones
Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition
Dogs in the Vineyard
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 3.5e)
Monster Manual (D&D 3.5e)
Player's Handbook (AD&D 2e)
Trial of Blood
Castles & Crusades Players Handbook
TS 002: Operation: Rapidstrike
Over the Edge
I6: Ravenloft
I10: Ravenloft II: The House on Gryphon Hill
The Black Madonna
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set» Forums » Sessions

Subject: [LAWINGM] LMoP Session 4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Lawing
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Previous Session

Spoilers ahead! Ye've been warned!

We started off this session at the mouth of the cave. After quite a bit of debate, the Tiefling rogue entered the cave - full stealth. He was some wolves in the chamber to the right.

Our group consulted on the matter - no one with animal handling or anything like speak with animals (my gnome feature of speak with small beasts doesn't apply). We eventually settled on having the dwarf toss in some goblin corpses. He failed an athletics check for one of them (natural 1, iirc). The wolves were still paying attention to the main cavern, but mostly interested in chewing on the goblin meat.

The whole group entered the cave - Ranger, Monk, Bard, Wizard, and Barbarian. The bard perceived the silhouette of a goblinoid on the bridge ahead and sent Kitten the owl familiar ahead to warn the Tiefling to halt.

After a few of the party began a surprise round, the goblin reacted by retreating. After some movement and pandemonium, the group mostly made it to the rear of the main tunnel to find more goblins preparing to dislodge a dam. The party began attacking, but the dam ultimately burst. Everyone in the party was either far enough ahead, made saves, or climbed to the bridge except me (gnome wizard). I was carried out in the swift current and took over half my hp in damage (5 of 9).

By the time I returned, all of the dam-section goblins were down. We came around the corner (back right of the map). The party came to the entrance and found Klarg with another wolf. Around the time the wolf went down and Klarg took some initial damage, another pair of goblins popped out of crates and began firing arrows. After Klarg went down, there was some amazing intimidation from the barbarian and both goblins ducked into their crates. They were respectively destroyed by the barbarian and a full assault of magic missiles.

The session ended with the group checking out the room full of crates. Our monk, a friend of our mission-giver, recognized the emblems on the gear. We stopped further for a short rest. Bumblefizz, the gnome wizard, is standing near the fire in the room attempting to dry out. In addition to the goblin weapons and the gear we'll have to haul out, the bugbear skull has been claimed as a war trophy.

We still have another half of the cave to explore and some wolves to possibly deal with on our way out.

The group has leveled to 2 (changes won't take place until after a long rest for the most part).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.