World of Gor: Gorean Roleplaying World Encyclopaedia
These Weird Breads Are Sad
The Solo Investigator's Handbook
Wollstonecraft The Role-Playing Game
Maze of the Blue Medusa
The Two-Headed Serpent
Slaves of the Machine God
The Forsaken Kingdom of Fungithrill
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (Second Edition)
Labyrinth Lord
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Apocalypse World
Microscope
Vornheim: The Complete City Kit
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Kids on Bikes: Deluxe Edition
Forbidden Lands Core Boxed Set
Passion Guides My Hand
Book 01: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
The Flood
Warhammer Adventure
B1: In Search of the Unknown
Masks of Nyarlathotep (3rd & 4th edition)
The Deryni Adventure Game
Eyes Only
B10: Night's Dark Terror
Deadlands
The Great Pendragon Campaign
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Forgotten Realms Campaign Set
Book 1: The War-Torn Kingdom
Faction Guide
Swords & Wizardry Complete Rulebook
The One Ring: Adventures over the Edge of the Wild
Gildenbrief (Issue 25 - Jul 1992)
Monster of the Week
The Covetous Poet's Adventure Creator and Solo GM Guidebook
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
The Strange
Microscope Explorer
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Because they have no body to go with.
badge
Why don't skeleton ever go trick or treating?
mbmbmbmbmb
A question suggested by

Clark Timmins
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
admin
designer
So stop your cheap comment, 'Cause we know what we feel...
badge
I'm #2
mbmbmbmbmb

What type of contest/competition/challenge would you like to see hosted on RPGG in 2019? And, would you be interested in hosting that contest/competition/challenge?

Do you have a question you want asked as QOTD? Post here!

And if you want to find an old QOTD: The big QOTD Summary and Subscription Thread Volume 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I really don't participate in them, it's of little consequence to me. I might jump in on a 24-hour rpg, might not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Duck and Cover!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have absolutely no interest in any contest/competition/challenge now. In the past I was doing various play or GM rpgs that are new to you. But I found that I don't enjoy working toward a goal. I just want to play...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
Made you look!
mbmbmbmbmb
How about "acquire the largest number of games in x time period and then not play them"? I won't come in first but I'd probably make a good show of it. I'm good at that.

Semi-serious answer spurred by Patrick's answer below: Would collaboratively building an RPG be something people would be interested in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Because they have no body to go with.
badge
Why don't skeleton ever go trick or treating?
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoyed the "let's build a...." series of collaborative adventure designs by the RPGG community. It was meaningful enough that a genuine product was created that could be used by other RPG fans (I know one of them was used at a convention last year) yet allowed anyone to contribute as little or as much as they liked, so it wasn't overwhelming. I am sure the coordinator/editor for each project worked very hard.

These were fun activities I'd like to see continue.

mb mb mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
(chanting) TWO GEEKS ENTER, ONE GEEK LEAVES! TWO GEEKS ENTER, ONE GEEK LEAVES!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Messersmith
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
admin
designer
With your head held high and your scarlet lies You came down to me from the open skies It's either real or it's a dream There's nothing that is in between
badge
Twilight, I only meant to stay awhile Twilight, I gave you time to steal my mind Away from me.
mbmbmbmbmb
pdzoch wrote:
I really enjoyed the "let's build a...." series of collaborative adventure designs by the RPGG community. It was meaningful enough that a genuine product was created that could be used by other RPG fans (I know one of them was used at a convention last year) yet allowed anyone to contribute as little or as much as they liked, so it wasn't overwhelming. I am sure the coordinator/editor for each project worked very hard.

mb mb mb
THIS! Making The Breached Fortress of Anoros was a lot of fun, and got me by Game Designer badge by stealth!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Azukail Games
msg tools
designer
publisher
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
mbmbmbmbmb
"Let's build a hex crawl."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Robben
Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
flag msg tools
And here...
badge
I should really add something smart and sparkly here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are not for me I fear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
Currently Playing 2 games: Star Wars Edge of the Empire and Labyrinth Lord (Barrowmaze)
mbmbmbmbmb
skalchemist wrote:
pdzoch wrote:

mb mb mb
THIS! Making The Breached Fortress of Anoros was a lot of fun, and got me by Game Designer badge by stealth!

I also really enjoyed these! I would be interested in doing another one.

In terms of contests, though, I usually don't participate, other than the write-lots-of-reviews one. Since I don't participate I don't really have any good ideas for new ones or ones I would like to see this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Silva
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually 2 that I've hinted to but hadn't the guts to do it:

(analog) Wallet rpg exchange/challenge. The idea is to have people submit their own rpgs or item made for fitting nicely in a wallet. Coins, cards and paper money would be the formats. There would be no prize, just printing out your game, someone else's game, then filling your wallet with games and of course showing it off with a picture... The interest of portable, pocket rpgs gave me the idea. you could have many bills be one game or some very lite ones could fit in a card, maybe cards are character sheets.

(digital)A pbf rpg design challenge, with rpggeek site in mind. A collaborative exploration of the hurdles and potential of exclusif PBF design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I'd cosign Patrick's post. I wouldn't run it (WAY too much RPG stuff on my plate atm), but I'd try to participate.

For entirely selfish reasons to push myself in my current endeavors, I'd enter an RPG map creation content. But they have those regularly on Cartographer's Guild and the forums for the software I use, so I technically have outlets for that already. I just don't know anyone there and the creative environment is more consistently intimidating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm not that cool.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
I always look forward to the 24/48 hour rpg contest. I think I've entered most of them.

I like the scenario contests too but not as much.

I did like the Bryce's 2013 Adventure Design Contest. I'd love to see another round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would enjoy a quarterly (or more often) themed adventure design contest. "Space Opera" "Hard Sci fi." "Light Hearted Fairy Tale". "On board a sailing ship." etc.

Or I could just make them and not worry about the competition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Dee
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the RPG design contests.

Purplebroccoli wrote:
I would enjoy a quarterly (or more often) themed adventure design contest. "Space Opera" "Hard Sci fi." "Light Hearted Fairy Tale". "On board a sailing ship." etc.

Or I could just make them and not worry about the competition!

I really like this idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Bailey
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
“I would have made this instrumental, but the words got in the way...” —XTC, “No Language in Our Lungs”
badge
“Self-discipline isn’t everything; look at Pol Pot.” —Helen Fielding, _Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason_
mbmbmbmbmb
Not my kink, so no, I wouldn't be interested in hosting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pdzoch wrote:

I really enjoyed the "let's build a...." series of collaborative adventure designs by the RPGG community.

I would like to participate in a project like that !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dale
Australia
Moggill
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
badge
When will the die stop rolling? What face finishes showing?
mbmbmbmbmb
The text adventures
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
organises are a lot of fun, as are the special event room based dungeons. Both are a goodly chunk of work behind the scenes though.

- Pauli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dale
Australia
Moggill
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
badge
When will the die stop rolling? What face finishes showing?
mbmbmbmbmb
I quite liked the RPG random table challenges.

- Pauli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pdzoch wrote:
What type of contest/competition/challenge would you like to see hosted on RPGG in 2019? And, would you be interested in hosting that contest/competition/challenge?

I'm afraid I'm only interested in BGG-style sponsored contests, in which publishers give away prizes but all we get is microbadges. laugh If I'm not mistaken, this kind of contests only happened once on RPGG. I imagine that the process involve getting in contact with publishers and the exchange of money, so no, I would not be even entitled to host such contests.

The site-wide adventures organized by Dave and the rest of the volunteer crew were super-fun, but also very time- and labor-intensive, for what I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bokser
Israel
Pardes Hanna
flag msg tools
designer
Guess What?
badge
You Rock.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've really enjoyed the random table challenges hosted by Carrie. She's been doing an awesome job hosting them.
I am open to hosting the challenge next year (2020), but not this year. My second son was born two days ago, and we're also in the midst of planning a life-changing move to the US. Not a lot of spare time for the next several months. But, again, I am considering asking Carrie if she'd like me to take over next year, as she's already doing so much for this community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Curato
France
Albi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bxrrr wrote:
My second son was born two days ago

thumbsupgoldencamel

Ditto for collaborative design. Many suggestions have been made already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Unwin
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm not overly familiar with the kinds of challenges that are meant here, but one idea occurred to me last night:

Write-up a scene from a movie, in terms of the role-playing game rules of your choice.

The scene might be the writer's choice or might be off a list. As I said, I'm not sure how these contests usually go. It could be entirely descriptive, or it could be a dialog or, heck, a picture or video, I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
bxrrr wrote:
My second son was born two days ago, and we're also in the midst of planning a life-changing move to the US.

Mazel Tov! And good luck with the move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey you kids, get off my Avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
mawilson4 wrote:
bxrrr wrote:
My second son was born two days ago, and we're also in the midst of planning a life-changing move to the US.

Mazel Tov! And good luck with the move.

Hear, hear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.