World of Gor: Gorean Roleplaying World Encyclopaedia
These Weird Breads Are Sad
The Solo Investigator's Handbook
Wollstonecraft The Role-Playing Game
Maze of the Blue Medusa
The Two-Headed Serpent
Slaves of the Machine God
The Forsaken Kingdom of Fungithrill
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (Second Edition)
Labyrinth Lord
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Apocalypse World
Microscope
Vornheim: The Complete City Kit
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Kids on Bikes: Deluxe Edition
Forbidden Lands Core Boxed Set
Passion Guides My Hand
Book 01: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
The Flood
Warhammer Adventure
B1: In Search of the Unknown
Masks of Nyarlathotep (3rd & 4th edition)
The Deryni Adventure Game
Eyes Only
B10: Night's Dark Terror
Deadlands
The Great Pendragon Campaign
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Forgotten Realms Campaign Set
Book 1: The War-Torn Kingdom
Faction Guide
Swords & Wizardry Complete Rulebook
The One Ring: Adventures over the Edge of the Wild
Gildenbrief (Issue 25 - Jul 1992)
Monster of the Week
The Covetous Poet's Adventure Creator and Solo GM Guidebook
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
The Strange
Microscope Explorer
Hans Messersmith
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
admin
designer
With your head held high and your scarlet lies You came down to me from the open skies It's either real or it's a dream There's nothing that is in between
badge
Twilight, I only meant to stay awhile Twilight, I gave you time to steal my mind Away from me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Karkared wrote:
bxrrr wrote:
My second son was born two days ago

thumbsupgoldencamel

Ditto for collaborative design. Many suggestions have been made already.
I think the process of birthing and raising a child with one's partner could be considered a form of "collaborative design", right?

Congratuations, Alex!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.rpggeek.com/geeklist/252904/curse-dokter-ekwilibreums-maze-deth-open-construct
badge
Welcome to my Maze of Deth!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the reminder that I haven't done Doktor Ekwilibreum's Maze of Deth in several years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! More collaborations! More challenges!

I loved the "let's build a...." series and I'd love to see more. But I have no time to help run them or find new maps for us to use.

I would very much be up for a PbF rpg design challenge.

A map creation contest would be fun, and would force me to brush up my map skills.

I like the idea of a themed adventure design contest. On that note, I'm actually running the adventure I made for the Winter Wonderland challenge from 2017 in my face-to-face group.

I would love to see another 1-page RPG contest.

I'll be taking part in the 24-hour challenge again!

I'd love the threads that pop up for outside contests too - with RPGG members sharing what they made for the 200 Word RPG challenge and the Game Chef contests, both of which I plan on entering again.

And I plan on running the Random Table challenge this year.

bxrrr wrote:
I've really enjoyed the random table challenges hosted by Carrie. She's been doing an awesome job hosting them.
I am open to hosting the challenge next year (2020), but not this year. My second son was born two days ago, and we're also in the midst of planning a life-changing move to the US. Not a lot of spare time for the next several months. But, again, I am considering asking Carrie if she'd like me to take over next year, as she's already doing so much for this community.

Oh, that's awesome to hear! (All of it: the wee little one, the move, offering to take the challenge over.)

If you find you have time in 2020, we can discuss handing it off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Purplebroccoli wrote:
I would enjoy a quarterly (or more often) themed adventure design contest. "Space Opera" "Hard Sci fi." "Light Hearted Fairy Tale". "On board a sailing ship." etc.

Or I could just make them and not worry about the competition!

How about a year-long campaign design contest. Each month we hold a 1-page adventure design contest. The first month, we choose a winner and that becomes the prompt for the second month - what adventure should follow the first month's winner? Each month, the winner is the adventure that best follows from the previous month's winner. At the end of the year, we have up to 12 winners and a complete campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Messersmith
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
admin
designer
With your head held high and your scarlet lies You came down to me from the open skies It's either real or it's a dream There's nothing that is in between
badge
Twilight, I only meant to stay awhile Twilight, I gave you time to steal my mind Away from me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mease19 wrote:
Purplebroccoli wrote:
I would enjoy a quarterly (or more often) themed adventure design contest. "Space Opera" "Hard Sci fi." "Light Hearted Fairy Tale". "On board a sailing ship." etc.

Or I could just make them and not worry about the competition!

How about a year-long campaign design contest. Each month we hold a 1-page adventure design contest. The first month, we choose a winner and that becomes the prompt for the second month - what adventure should follow the first month's winner? Each month, the winner is the adventure that best follows from the previous month's winner. At the end of the year, we have up to 12 winners and a complete campaign.
I love everything about this, Marshall. I think the tricky part is system; does the adventure need to be systemless? For a particular system?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
skalchemist wrote:
Mease19 wrote:
[q="Purplebroccoli"]I would enjoy a quarterly (or more often) themed adventure design contest. "Space Opera" "Hard Sci fi." "Light Hearted Fairy Tale". "On board a sailing ship." etc.

I think the tricky part is system; does the adventure need to be systemless? For a particular system?

That is the big problem.

Maximum use means D&D 5 and/or Pathfinder.

But there's already a glut on D&D, PF, and OSR/D&D-derivatives.

Many of the hotter games are also licensed and have jealous licensors...
Star Trek Adventures
Star Wars
Warhammer Fantasy
Warhammer 40K
Conan

Which leaves largely generic or little known games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Daigneault
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm personally pretty jazzed for the 24/48 hour RPG design competitions. It might also be cool to see microrpg challenges throughout the year, like a one-page RPG challenge or a 280RPG (A game that fits into a tweet). I'd offer to run one of them, but I'm about to graduate and need to dedicate most of my free bandwidth to finishing my degree and getting a teaching job in a 1 job, 300 applicants market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Azukail Games
msg tools
designer
publisher
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose it's possible to do generic and target a whole bunch of fantasy systems. As long as a described monster is equally dangerous/puny in as many systems as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
Azukail wrote:
I suppose it's possible to do generic and target a whole bunch of fantasy systems. As long as a described monster is equally dangerous/puny in as many systems as possible.

D&D and PF, plus most OSR, tend to do that. 5E and 4E D&D are the widest outliers in this clade

BRP Fantasy, GURPS Fantasy, Fantasy Hero, WFRP, TFT: the balances are often very different from the D&D clade.

T&T can be balanced to keep the respective threat levels easily, but it loses much of the granularity for special abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do you guys put the collaborative design work? I'd love to subscribe and pitch in on some of that stuff.

Is it possible to post up links in this thread to those design contests/collaborations?

(I, too, enjoy the heck out of the 24 hour challenges. There's a new one coming in April, run by YT: "The 24 Hour Adventure Contest.")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it was started in the RPG Design forums, such as: Let's Make a Haunted House

Oh look, there is a new one! Let's Make a Hexcrawl Together

Yay!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas
Germany
Bovenden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
admin
designer
so many plans...
badge
N.K.Jemisin's "The Fifth Season" is awesome and fantastic.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always thought about doing a "fixed art" comic contest (or "jam" or whatever). I just never got round to compile free art for that purpose.

What's that with "fixed art"? http://intangiblethings.com/sacblog/2009/03/26/strip-search-...
So, basically, I'm thinking about everyone using the same panels and panel layout, and maybe each submitting at least two strips. Or maybe there's just a limited pool of images everyone may use in whatever way they choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.