The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Treasure Hunter: Complete Rulebook (1st Edition)
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Boxed Set (Second Edition)
Stranger Things Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
The Fantasy Trip: Legacy Edition
Android: Shadow of the Beanstalk
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
Mythic Game Master Emulator
Lamentations of the Flame Princess (Grindhouse Edition)
Ryuutama: Natural Fantasy Role Play
Dungeon Masters Screen
Nexus Life
Cat: Revised
The Orc in the Well
Cthulhu and the River of Doubt
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Knights & Legends
We Used To Be Friends
James Bond 007
Career Compendium
Dead Planet
The Adventure Crafter
Berlin: The Wicked City
Polaris: Chivalric Tragedy at Utmost North
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
Usagi Yojimbo Role-Playing Game
DU2: Streets of Shadow
Mutant Future
The Fall of Myth Drannor
Fiasco
Microscope
The Book of the Smoke
A Song of Ice and Fire Chronicle Starter
Thousand Suns: Five Stars
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Cthulhu Abides
The Cthulhu Hack
Volo's Guide to Monsters
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
Mysthea: Legends From the Borderlands
Tiny Gods
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 4e)
The Quintessential Cleric
carry. a game about war.
B2: The Keep on the Borderlands
7th Sea Game Master's Screen
Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium
RuneQuest Deluxe Edition
The Great Pendragon Campaign
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
223 Posts
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [9] | 

RPG» Forums » Community » The Tavern

Subject: Name the TV Series from the Synopsis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Dee
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ookami86 wrote:
Star Trek fits, but that isn't anime

Star Trek has three dragons?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrift Thopter
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Some people call this junk. Me, I call them treasures.
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckdee68 wrote:
ookami86 wrote:
Star Trek fits, but that isn't anime

Star Trek has three dragons?

This show actually has more than three dragons. It's just that there are only three of the most famous kind of dragon, left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarves are not "Happy"
mbmbmbmb
I don't know much about it but Pokemon perhaps? I'm trying to visualize my last romp through Walmart and Target...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Dee
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
USP45 wrote:
I don't know much about it but Pokemon perhaps? I'm trying to visualize my last romp through Walmart and Target...

I thought about that, but the main character doesn't fit. There's a few others, but the main character's name being in the title doesn't fit. I've got nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry B.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonna go with Yu-Gi-Oh! (sp?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrift Thopter
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-post edit: Darn it, Kerry. I just finished writing all of this, only to find that you posted the correct answer five minutes before I was ready. I'll post it anyway, just so that I haven't wasted my time (or at least make myself feel that way).

Alright. It's time to reveal what the series is. So, how widely available is this where you guys live?:

For some reason, the Official Yu-Gi-Oh! YouTube channel doesn't individually list the 5D's openings, so I'll post the first episode. Yes, you can watch full episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! on the channel. They have multiple episodes, if not seasons of the first four dubbed card game series on the YouTube channel. This helps promote the fact that they have the rest of the dubbed episodes, along with the first two seasons of subtitled 5D's FOR FREE (WITH ADS,) on their website: https://www.yugioh.com/ It should be noted that scattered season 2 episodes were only released in Japanese, because they were controversial, like the one where a character offers their soul to the Devil, to become better at playing children's card games (on motorcycles). If you have Hulu without ads, you can already watch all of this for free and without ads, in addition to the 1st and 3rd movies, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V dubbed (which I've heard is bad). I know that the 2nd movie, Bonds Beyond Time, was on Netflix, the last time that I checked. The final seasons of GX and 5D's are only available on CrunchyRoll, along with the subtitled versions of Arc-V and VRAINS. Canadians can watch VRAINS dubbed on Teletoon. Americans will probably eventually have it on Nicktoons, which also had Zexal and Arc-V. Even if you're not interested in trading card games, I'd recommend looking into 5D's and VRAINS, as they're darker, more serious series. In fact, there have even been times when I've felt annoyed that they had to spend time playing card games in VRAINS, because I enjoy it for the story.

I feel a little bad for the creator of Yu-Gi-Oh!, because he's someone who's interested in role-playing games and board games, and his show that was inspired by (and obviously, also inspired) tabletop games isn't known very well on a site about games. Maybe if Konami had let him stick to the original idea, where they played lots of different kinds of games (including Dungeons & Dragons in the finale), the series would have been more well-known on BoardGameGeek. I like the idea of Season 0, a lot, both because of the variety of games, and because of how dark it was willing to get. Unfortunately, it was only ever released on Japanese VHS, because Konami didn't acquire the rights from Toei, and the series has been in limbo, ever since. People sometimes post episodes that they've subtitled on YouTube, but they'll occasionally be removed, as neither Konami, nor Toei officially approve of it. I hope that they work something out and just put it on Crunchyroll or the Yu-Gi-Oh! website, because I'd happily pay for it.

I don't want this post to be any longer than it is already, so if you want me too explain anything that I said, or have other questions, you can ask me, later. Right now, we can move on with the game.

I've looked through the thread for anyone who's posted or thumbed something in it. I then sorted people, based on the number of turns that they've taken and how long it's been since they've had a turn. Those who haven't taken turns have been sorted based on the order that it seems people "arrived" in the thread, by thumbing, or posting.
Name: Turns:
MABBY 0
chuckdee68 0
Ldpaulson 0
Red Wine Pie 0
Bjcott 0
ookami86 0
Downeymb 1
USP45 1
Birmy 1
Thrift Thopter 1
Quozl 2
Mallet 2
Bobcat 2
Dysjunct 2

Based on my findings, I'll let MABBY be the one to take the next turn.

Birmy, your move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry B.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's late here, so I'll post the next clue in the morning!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry B.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one might be easier if you're, ahem, of a certain vintage, like myself:

It's a death-defying life he leads. He takes his chances. He dies for a living in the movies and TV, but the hardest thing he ever does is watch his leading ladies kiss some other guy while he's bandaging his knee. He might fall from a tall building, he might roll a brand new car, 'cause he's the unknown stuntman who made Redford such a star.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Azukail Games
msg tools
designer
publisher
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fall Guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry B.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yessir! Take it away.

Bask in its '80s-ness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Azukail Games
msg tools
designer
publisher
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
mbmbmbmbmb
It was our last, best hope for peace. It failed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrift Thopter
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like the beginning of the old Battlestar Galactica. If it's not part of the Battlestar Galactica franchise, I'll need to do some more thinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Abbott
Canada
GTA
of Confusion
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Babylon 5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Azukail Games
msg tools
designer
publisher
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
mbmbmbmbmb
Babylon 5 is right. I'm currently watching it. Or re-watching it; I know I didn't catch everything the first time around but so far up to season 4 the only thing I didn't see was The Gathering. Probably season 5 and all the feature lengths were what I missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Abbott
Canada
GTA
of Confusion
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New York cops gamble, womanise, philosophise, and write novels in the squad room while their sensible boss tries to uphold law and order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Abbott
Canada
GTA
of Confusion
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Series spawned an aquatic-sounding spinoff. The actor in the eponymous lead role later played Don Quixote on stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Dee
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Return of Captain Nemo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Abbott
Canada
GTA
of Confusion
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Errrr, no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry B.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got it, but I just went, so I'll wait to see if the additional clues help anybody...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Abbott
Canada
GTA
of Confusion
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have one more obtuse clue. Then I'll be left with obvious hints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Abbott
Canada
GTA
of Confusion
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it's been 15+ hours. I didn't think it would come across as this difficult. Certainly not at Yu-Gi-Oh! levels.

The actor playing the officer whose desire it was to be a famous author recently (relatively) portrayed a space-faring Pastor in a regrettably short-lived science fiction series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Dee
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobcatt wrote:
Errrr, no.

In my defense, I really like Jose Ferrer so knew that he played Don Quixote on stage.

Barney Miller!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Abbott
Canada
GTA
of Confusion
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! I was hoping that the cross-references would bear fruit.

Please proceed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarves are not "Happy"
mbmbmbmb
Ack I could picture the show in my head... and the title was on the tip of my tongue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Dee
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, this might be a gimme... but it might not whistle

TV show about a renegade with supernatural elements that was canceled before its time, but is still going in other media (novels, comics), and has a couple of RPGs.

(and it's not by Joss Whedon)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.