The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Treasure Hunter: Complete Rulebook (1st Edition)
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Boxed Set (Second Edition)
Stranger Things Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
The Fantasy Trip: Legacy Edition
Android: Shadow of the Beanstalk
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
Mythic Game Master Emulator
Lamentations of the Flame Princess (Grindhouse Edition)
Ryuutama: Natural Fantasy Role Play
Dungeon Masters Screen
Nexus Life
Cat: Revised
The Orc in the Well
Cthulhu and the River of Doubt
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Knights & Legends
We Used To Be Friends
James Bond 007
Career Compendium
Dead Planet
The Adventure Crafter
Berlin: The Wicked City
Polaris: Chivalric Tragedy at Utmost North
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
Usagi Yojimbo Role-Playing Game
DU2: Streets of Shadow
Mutant Future
The Fall of Myth Drannor
Fiasco
Microscope
The Book of the Smoke
A Song of Ice and Fire Chronicle Starter
Thousand Suns: Five Stars
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Cthulhu Abides
The Cthulhu Hack
Volo's Guide to Monsters
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
Mysthea: Legends From the Borderlands
Tiny Gods
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 4e)
The Quintessential Cleric
carry. a game about war.
B2: The Keep on the Borderlands
7th Sea Game Master's Screen
Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium
RuneQuest Deluxe Edition
The Great Pendragon Campaign
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
789 Posts
[1]  Prev «  28 , 29 , 30 , 31 , 32  Next »  [32] | 

RPG» Forums » General Discussion » RPG Design

Subject: Let's Make a Hexcrawl Together rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
Birmy wrote:
I reference a lot of the other hexes. Can the following people check my references and make sure I'm not giving too much away or misrepresenting their area? Most of these are small connections but I don't want to step on any toes.

Super! And very Gnomish too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
So out of curiosity, who does layout? And via what software/method? This unfortunately isn't a volunteering to help; I have layout experience for works of this length, but only have the relevant software at work (with strict usage rules on types of projects I can use it for). Because, as Azukail alluded to, estimating 200+ pages for this thing is NOT an embellishment. It could be a serious project. But like, if it's just dropping it into Word and cleaning it up some, it won't necessarily be fancy, but will be functional and may spare some poor soul days/weeks worth of work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I personaly would like to see this as a PDF. But, formatting will be work. Forum posts use thing like [ i ] for italics while the wkii uses '' for the same thing, and word or the PDF would uses something different and likely need to be manualy changed from the wiki formatting to an acceptable document. If Clark already has a plan for how to pull this off, huzzah! If not, whew buddy, that will be some work.

Oh, congratulations and thank yous to all fellow contributors. Beyond Bightwatter could easily support a campaign. It looks fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Azukail Games
msg tools
designer
publisher
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
mbmbmbmbmb
ThroughTheDeckGlass wrote:
I personaly would like to see this as a PDF.

I'd like to see it as a print on demand hardcover!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Agreed on it being able to support a campaign.

I thought the goal was always a PDF. Why else did we want a cover? Word will allow Clark to keep his sanity, despite still being a fair amount of work, so I actually hope that's the answer to my question. But this may also be a big enough project in ANY software that we'll need to brainstorm other possible solutions.

But heck, with a professional-level editing pass by someone familiar with OGL standards and limits, this could easily be a $10-15 product on Drive Thru. Obviously as a community endeavor, that's not the goal, but I think we've hit that level of quality, or nearly so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Under Notable Settlements, could someone remove
01.03 - Dwarven Clan and Monastery
and add
09.02 - Everhome (elven town)

Both are mine. My dwarves actually have many villages and towns, but only Dwarfport is known to outsiders. And I figure that monastary is smaller than a village, and so beneath notice. Whereas the elves also have Skymeet, they so discourage outsiders that about all that is known is 'elves have a kindgdom over there, capital of Everhome'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
and add

Both are mine. My dwarves actually have many villages and towns, but only Dwarfport is known to outsiders. And I figure that monastary is smaller than a village, and so beneath notice. Whereas the elves also have Skymeet, they so discourage outsiders that about all that is known is 'elves have a kindgdom over there, capital of Everhome'.

Sure, I'll handle this since I made the section. Editing presently...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mawilson4 wrote:
and add

Do you want me to hop in and update the two hexes I acquired yesterday? The basic info was posted in this thread last night...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Well, I'm done with my small edit mentioned above. So you should be in the clear to do what you will, unless there's a ninja editor lurking.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmbmb
mawilson4 wrote:
Well, I'm done with my small edit mentioned above. So you should be in the clear to do what you will, unless there's a ninja editor lurking.

ninja

Or that guy who opened the wiki on day one and forgot to close it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mawilson4 wrote:

ninja

Done. Got the basics in the two new hexes. I'd really like to tidy things up, but I think that's what Clark (and others?) intend to do. I'm not sure I spelled some things consistently.

I could do more with 4.07 that I turned into a resort area. A place to get away from it all, if you can afford it...

And more interesting stories could be told of the fog in 3.07, the butter fish, and what swims beneath...

Just let me know if I need to clear things up, provide a table, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mawilson4 wrote:
and add

Thank you.

03.07 has userneame
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry B.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Thank you.

03.07 has userneame

I gotchu, fam (as the kids say).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Orel
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Birmy wrote:

I reference a lot of the other hexes.

Looks great to me!

Hole-y Diner! You've been down to long in the cola sea! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
This product is amazingly awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rebuscarnival wrote:
2.06 + 3.06 fur me ill do tonight.

This from yesterday, and ZombieEd's 08.06 are the only remaining outstanding content that I can recall. Are we done adding?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ozan
Switzerland
Zurich
Kanton Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
"Is there any tea on this spaceship?"
mb
Looks good to me too, love to connection Kerry. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ozan
Switzerland
Zurich
Kanton Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mb
When this is over, if anyone wants to collaborate there is a latex template for D&D that I use for my own game notes. We can open a shared file and start putting this into a nice format like the official books. The text is easy to do, it'll take a day, the tables will take some time but I think if we have a few people working on it we can get it done within a weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Birmy wrote:
I reference a lot of the other hexes. Can the following people check my references and make sure I'm not giving too much away or misrepresenting their area? Most of these are small connections but I don't want to step on any toes.

<snip>
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
--reference 09.02 in 02.02
<snip>

Looks fine, except east not south.

Loved the Cheese festival.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
rebuscarnival wrote:
2.06 + 3.06 fur me ill do tonight.

This from yesterday, and ZombieEd's 08.06 are the only remaining outstanding content that I can recall. Are we done adding?

I ran out of steam last night. I have a draft but we will see how im feeling after the 12 hour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For What Its Worth, I used D&D 3.5 the open source SRD for the basis of things like monsters and magic items. Many of those have been around since AD&D. And in a few cases, content that can be found by searching on the web. (Though I made up a few magic items and tweaked a few monsters to my own version too.) If for some reason I tread too close to a legal line, I or someone else (Clark?), could use descriptive words that kind of say the same thing as the Names. Let me know if I'm needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ozan
Switzerland
Zurich
Kanton Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mb
https://www.overleaf.com/read/nvnjjnxsfsdv

Here is a link for the overleaf page. Message me if you want to help out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
For What Its Worth, I used D&D 3.5 the open source SRD for the basis of things like monsters and magic items. Many of those have been around since AD&D. And in a few cases, content that can be found by searching on the web. (Though I made up a few magic items and tweaked a few monsters to my own version too.) If for some reason I tread too close to a legal line, I or someone else (Clark?), could use descriptive words that kind of say the same thing as the Names. Let me know if I'm needed.

I was pretty sad to find out that blood ape is a canonical monster, fiend folio even. nothing like mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rebuscarnival wrote:

I was pretty sad to find out that blood ape is a canonical monster, fiend folio even. Nothing like mine.

D&D's landsharks don't even have scent IIRC. Mine do. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
rebuscarnival wrote:

I was pretty sad to find out that blood ape is a canonical monster, fiend folio even. Nothing like mine.

D&D's landsharks don't even have scent IIRC. Mine do. devil

I'm not worried, I've got my +3 vs lawyers chinos on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  28 , 29 , 30 , 31 , 32  Next »  [32] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.