The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Treasure Hunter: Complete Rulebook (1st Edition)
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Boxed Set (Second Edition)
Stranger Things Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
The Fantasy Trip: Legacy Edition
Android: Shadow of the Beanstalk
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
Mythic Game Master Emulator
Lamentations of the Flame Princess (Grindhouse Edition)
Ryuutama: Natural Fantasy Role Play
Dungeon Masters Screen
Nexus Life
Cat: Revised
The Orc in the Well
Cthulhu and the River of Doubt
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Knights & Legends
We Used To Be Friends
James Bond 007
Career Compendium
Dead Planet
The Adventure Crafter
Berlin: The Wicked City
Polaris: Chivalric Tragedy at Utmost North
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
Usagi Yojimbo Role-Playing Game
DU2: Streets of Shadow
Mutant Future
The Fall of Myth Drannor
Fiasco
Microscope
The Book of the Smoke
A Song of Ice and Fire Chronicle Starter
Thousand Suns: Five Stars
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Cthulhu Abides
The Cthulhu Hack
Volo's Guide to Monsters
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
Mysthea: Legends From the Borderlands
Tiny Gods
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 4e)
The Quintessential Cleric
carry. a game about war.
B2: The Keep on the Borderlands
7th Sea Game Master's Screen
Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium
RuneQuest Deluxe Edition
The Great Pendragon Campaign
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
33 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

RPG» Forums » Actual Play » Play by Forum

Subject: [Recruitment Closed] - Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Scribe
United Kingdom
HOLMFIRTH
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"The barbarians swept out of the hills in a ravening horde, without warning, and stormed Venarium with such fury that none could stand before them. Men, women and children were butchered. Venarium was reduced to a mass of charred ruins.”

The Nemedian Chronicles.

And then the barbarians went home...

The Crags of Dal Cais is a short adventure for a group of Cimmerian player characters set immediately after the fall of Venarium in the barbarous north of Cimmeria. You will all be members of the Killala clan of the tribe of Dal Cais. I'll be using Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of by Modiphius.

I'm looking for 4 or 5 players ideally, but I'll run it with less than that number if necessary. You'll need the core rules, I'm afraid, and a copy of the Conan the Barbarian supplement will help.

Players will need cunning, courage and a willingness to scrap.

Interested? Then reply to this post, by Crom! Once I have enough expressions of interest we'll start the character generation process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Allen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Recruiting - Conan; Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of
I'm potentially interested, I just need to look into the rules a little more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george glass
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very interested in playing this!
Please count me in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Scribe
United Kingdom
HOLMFIRTH
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BarryAllen wrote:
I'm potentially interested, I just need to look into the rules a little more.

I imagine it won't take long
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Scribe
United Kingdom
HOLMFIRTH
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otheym6 wrote:
I am very interested in playing this!
Please count me in!

Ok George, you're in cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mortinson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Re: Recruiting - Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of
Greetings The Scribe

I would be interested in playing a Archer rangerish type PC. Named Fenian Mac Ferghus. Who is half Cimmerian on his father side and half Bossonian on his mother's. She having been captured by Ferghus in a small border raid over 25 years before the current date. In a short time after that, his mother, Alina feel in love with Ferghus. The two were soon handfasted. With Fenian being the eldest of 4 children. The younger 3 being all girls. Fiona, Fionnualla and Fontana.
When Fenian was 14, he and the Clan Chieftain's second oldest son, Kieran courted the same beautiful young maiden, Raicheal. She chose to be with Fenian. That didn't go over to well with Kieran and his cronies. Who framed Fenian for a crime he did not commit. Which got him exiled from his clan for a period of 5 years.
When Fenian's mother was captured, she had been living with her Grandfather, Leith. Who had been away hunting when Ferghus and his fellow raiders found their homestead cabin several mile west of Venarium and abducted her. Leith was then a recently retired Bossonian Bowman of some renown.
When Fenian became exiled, at his mother's urging. He was sent with a letter his she wrote, to stay with his Grandfather. His great grandfather took him in and taught him to shoot well, the Bossonian Longbow, among other useful things.
Not long before Fenian was due to return north after his 5 years of Exile. Fenian was with his Grandfather who was trading skins and furs in Venarium. When Leith didn't jump aside in time, the old man was trampled to death by a minor aquilonian lord thoughtlessly racing horses through the crowded streets near the main market area. Fenian found out he was the second son of the commander of Venarium's military forces. He tracked him to where he lived after it happen. Remembering where it was located.
When Fenian came home after five long years. He discovered that one of Kieran's cronies had a falling out with him. An told everyone that Fenian had been set up. Giving Kieran only a minor slap on the wrist as punishment. Thus his name had been cleared of any wrong doing. A few years later when Venarium was overrun. With his knowledge of Venarium's lay out. He knew where there was a blind spot on the wall that wasn't easily observed by wall sentries. So he was the one to lead the initial small group over the wall. Which also had a young tenacious stripling named Conan in it's number. It had been done a few hours before dawn when it's the darkest. With them being able to get the northern gates open before the sleepy guards knew what was happening. Fenian was also able to avenge his maternal Grandfather. Taking a very long time to slay the same minor aquilonian lord that had been his killer.

I guess that's it for now. I hope it is coherent enough for you to understand. Let me know what you think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george glass
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going through the Core rules and working on a character concept.

I’m thinking of a sorcerer from the one of the desert realms or an assassin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
Where I’m supposed to be
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Need to check if I have a set of these rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dawn Wall
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmbmbmb

If I wasn't already booked up on PbFs, I would totally grab a seat for this. Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george glass
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By Crom! Sir Mulligans, grab a seat and join us for tales grand and bloody!

Even if the game is slow because of your other commitments, your presence would be greatly welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dawn Wall
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmbmbmb

I just can't commit at the time, but it looks like you folks are well on your way to it. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Scribe
United Kingdom
HOLMFIRTH
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, George. This is an adventure for Cimmerian PCs returning home after the sack of Vanaheim. You are all members of Clan Killala of the Tribe of Dal Cais.

I'm playing all of the castes from Conan the Barbarian so your choices are Crafter, Escaped Slave, Farmer, Herder, Outcast, Barbaric, Law-speaker, Renegade and Skald. If you need any information on the newer castes, please let me know.

I hope that hasn't turned you off the game. Cimmerians aren't sorcerors, of course, but the Skald caste would provide good cover for an assassin, as would Renegade.

Welcome to the game, Mark. I'm happy with your character concept. I think your mixed blood prevents you from being truly Barbaric, but I think a Renegade would suit your profile well. What do you think?

So we have two payers confirmed (hopefully) and two more thinking about it. I'll start a character generation thread in the Conan PBF section for a discussion of all things character-related.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested. Let me pick up the Core Rules and have a look see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Scribe
United Kingdom
HOLMFIRTH
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Withywindle wrote:
I'm interested. Let me pick up the Core Rules and have a look see.

Thanks, Paul. You'll need a version of the core rules, but the Conan the Barbarian supplement is optional. I'll fill in any additional details that you may find useful as we go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
Where I’m supposed to be
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. Just checked. I don’t have those books. Just have the quick start rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mortinson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Epistle to Nemedia wrote:

Welcome to the game, Mark. I'm happy with your character concept. I think your mixed blood prevents you from being truly Barbaric, but I think a Renegade would suit your profile well. What do you think?

Thank's, I'm glad you like it. All I have access to is a PDF of the Cores Rules that only has Crafter, Escaped Slave, Farmer, Herder, Merchant, Outcast, Petty Nobility, Presthood and Warriors as possible Castes. So Renegade must be a Caste from a supplement? If you think it suits Fenian's backstory I'll trust you on it. Send me the particulars if you would.

Another thing is concerning starting Attributes. The Attribute Aspects that I would like to use does not exist on the table shown. Here is one I would like to use.
Attribute Starting Mandatory Optional Best Worst Total
Agility---------8---------------------+1-------------------------9
Awareness---7---------+2--------------------------+1-----10
Brawn---------8--------------------+1-------------------------9
Coordination-7---------+2------------------+3-------------12
Intelligence---7------------------------------------------------7
Personality---6-------------------------------------------------6
Willpower-----6-------------------------------------------------6
I hope that will be ok.

Concerning Character sheets, is there a particular one you would like us to use?

I really look forward to playing and testing the mechanics of this game. I first discovered Conan the Barbarian and REH's other protagonists via Marvel Comics back in 1974 when I was 15. Before that I had been a big ERB fan. Of course I spent all the money I have saved up from working construction for my Dad each summer, since I was 12. On buying the Lancer book series and books about any of his other of REH's main characters that I could get my hands on, etc. Then I began RPGing in 1975. Which I have done off and on as life has allowed since then.

I have played various versions of this character, with virtually the same backstory or one like it. In almost every incarnation of Conan RPG Rules. Since the first TSR ones came out in 1985. Followed by the GURPS version in 1986. Which had a good number of Solo supplements for it. Don't worry I'm not a Hyborian Age purists of a rules lawyer. I enjoy roleplaying, not rollplaying, if you know what I mean!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Scribe
United Kingdom
HOLMFIRTH
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vroomer wrote:

I'm sure we can get by using the Quick Start rules for the time being, Ryan, if you would like to play. I'll post some basic character generation stuff on the character generation thread, and I can mail you direct with the answers to any queries you may have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george glass
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, George. This is an adventure for Cimmerian PCs returning home after the sack of Vanaheim. You are all members of Clan Killala of the Tribe of Dal Cais.

I'm playing all of the castes from Conan the Barbarian so your choices are Crafter, Escaped Slave, Farmer, Herder, Outcast, Barbaric, Law-speaker, Renegade and Skald. If you need any information on the newer castes, please let me know.

I hope that hasn't turned you off the game. Cimmerians aren't sorcerors, of course, but the Skald caste would provide good cover for an assassin, as would Renegade.

So we have two payers confirmed (hopefully) and two more thinking about it. I'll start a character generation thread in the Conan PBF section for a discussion of all things character-related.

No problem, I’ll work on a Cimmerian character then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb
Character Generation Thread:

https://rpggeek.com/thread/2162774/crags-dal-cais-character-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
Where I’m supposed to be
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vroomer wrote:

I'm sure we can get by using the Quick Start rules for the time being, Ryan, if you would like to play. I'll post some basic character generation stuff on the character generation thread, and I can mail you direct with the answers to any queries you may have.

Sure. Lemme take a look
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george glass
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we looking for some kind of balance with our party? I see we already have a melee warrior and a ranged archer. I know that Cimmerians do not use sorcery.

Having never played this game before, I'm not sure as to optimal party composition. Is there another class or type that we need?

(btw, the Conan Character Generator is very good! Thanks!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Scribe
United Kingdom
HOLMFIRTH
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otheym6 wrote:
Is there another class or type that we need?

Any Cimmerian Barbarian will do, George. If you're new to the game then why not use the 'Barbarian' archetype from the core rules? If you fancy an assassin-type then the 'Bard' archetype from Conan the Barbarian would provide a good cover story for future adventures. The one I have in contemplation involves a bit of cunning, a bit of courage and a lot of scrapping.

There are plenty of stats in this game, but your role-playing skills will be valued more than your dice-rolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george glass
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the delay, its been a very busy couple of days.

Still working on a character. I've downloaded the Conan the Barbarian rules tonight to look at the new classes. 'Escaped Slave' and 'Outcast' looks interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dane
Canada
Sault Ste. Marie
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this full?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Scribe
United Kingdom
HOLMFIRTH
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthDane wrote:
Is this full?

There's room for one more, James, if you're interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.