The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Treasure Hunter: Complete Rulebook (1st Edition)
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Boxed Set (Second Edition)
Stranger Things Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
The Fantasy Trip: Legacy Edition
Android: Shadow of the Beanstalk
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
Mythic Game Master Emulator
Lamentations of the Flame Princess (Grindhouse Edition)
Ryuutama: Natural Fantasy Role Play
Dungeon Masters Screen
Nexus Life
Cat: Revised
The Orc in the Well
Cthulhu and the River of Doubt
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Knights & Legends
We Used To Be Friends
James Bond 007
Career Compendium
Dead Planet
The Adventure Crafter
Berlin: The Wicked City
Polaris: Chivalric Tragedy at Utmost North
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
Usagi Yojimbo Role-Playing Game
DU2: Streets of Shadow
Mutant Future
The Fall of Myth Drannor
Fiasco
Microscope
The Book of the Smoke
A Song of Ice and Fire Chronicle Starter
Thousand Suns: Five Stars
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Cthulhu Abides
The Cthulhu Hack
Volo's Guide to Monsters
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
Mysthea: Legends From the Borderlands
Tiny Gods
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 4e)
The Quintessential Cleric
carry. a game about war.
B2: The Keep on the Borderlands
7th Sea Game Master's Screen
Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium
RuneQuest Deluxe Edition
The Great Pendragon Campaign
Douglas Bailey
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
“I would have made this instrumental, but the words got in the way...” —XTC, “No Language in Our Lungs”
badge
“Self-discipline isn’t everything; look at Pol Pot.” —Helen Fielding, _Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason_
mbmbmbmbmb
ctimmins wrote:
There ought to be some type of open source document data repository that you can just toss PDF/DOC/Whatever files into and it puts them someplace and then indexes by title, system, author, publisher, date, etc. And weeds duplicates.

But we'd never agree on the organisation. And in any event, what I really need is a tool that converts PDF filenames from "DTRPG name" (e.g., Warhammer_Fantasy_Roleplay_PDF_version4.pdf) to "name I use" (e.g., Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay [4th edition] rulebook v4.pdf), so that any time I need to re-download a file it just gets the right name, already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Robben
Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
flag msg tools
And here...
badge
I should really add something smart and sparkly here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have them all in IKEA Billy cabinets, organised by publisher/system. Core books first, then source books, then modules. Dice are in dice cubes, sheets in folders in a drawer in an IKEA Kallax that also holds the stereo and bar. I'll post pictures some day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Not a current picture, but not terribly out of date. Nothing exciting; shelf with RPGs organized by system. Usually core book at the left, most important supplements directly after. The Rifts books are in numerical order, since they are numbered.

Character sheets and note stuff are manilla folders; a folder for each game. I type up summaries of the game and often pre-play notes so I can throw away the physical copies when we're done but still have a record.

Dice are mostly in one dice bag, but I've got a box of 'spares' down in the basement.

D&D minis (the plastic pre-paints) are in several huge boxes intended for storing Christmas tree ornaments and are divided into sections such as 'orcs', 'goblins', 'kind of wizardy looking adventurer type minis', etc. If anyone has a brilliant to actually organize them well, let me know! All other minis are in a total mess all over the place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Lee
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a tall shelf for my RPGs, with boxed sets on top, a shelf for dice and tokens and other supplies below that, several shelves of digest-sized books alphabetized by designer, and then a couple shelves of full-sized hardbacks arranged by system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
trystero11 wrote:
ctimmins wrote:
There ought to be some type of open source document data repository that you can just toss PDF/DOC/Whatever files into and it puts them someplace and then indexes by title, system, author, publisher, date, etc. And weeds duplicates.

But we'd never agree on the organisation. And in any event, what I really need is a tool that converts PDF filenames from "DTRPG name" (e.g., Warhammer_Fantasy_Roleplay_PDF_version4.pdf) to "name I use" (e.g., Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay [4th edition] rulebook v4.pdf), so that any time I need to re-download a file it just gets the right name, already.
Nor the naming scheme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Orac
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Organized, I wouldn't describe it. Usually all books of a system are with each other somewhere in my flat. Depending on whether I play the system often, the books are either ordered or put together somehow.
Sheets are put together in a map for each player. Older sheets usually lie between the books.
Dice are all in a box, which slowly but surely doesn't close anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hein Ragas
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
designer
[Insert witty message here]
badge
[Insert another witty message here]
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a method to it: I can find whatever I need quite quickly. But it seems deeply personal: when asked to describe the method, I come up blank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
Made you look!
mbmbmbmbmb
ctimmins wrote:

There are several things that sort of do this. All of my digital content resides on a decommissioned HP server from about 2009 running OpenKM. There's probably a deduplication feature I haven't found. It does keep around a full text index for easy searching, which was one of the factors that led to me picking it.

But now I wish I'd put in a bit more research. Given my library size, exporting my docs from it is a bit of a pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Bailey
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
“I would have made this instrumental, but the words got in the way...” —XTC, “No Language in Our Lungs”
badge
“Self-discipline isn’t everything; look at Pol Pot.” —Helen Fielding, _Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason_
mbmbmbmbmb
fubfubfub wrote:
There is a method to it: I can find whatever I need quite quickly. But it seems deeply personal: when asked to describe the method, I come up blank.

I can describe my method easily: things go where I will look for them. It doesn't seem to help anyone else find anything, though. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, organize...uhm...what's the definition of that again? Oh, right.

Right now they're spread over the basement and my office occupying 3 different shelves of varying qualities, with one or two books in random spots based upon who is reading what.

Dice are like dice - random. I have my metal dice in my daily carry bag, some other metal ones on my desk nearby, a jar with other dice on high shelf, a wooden bowl downstairs filled with random sets, a dice bag somewhere down there with another set or two, a larger dice bag my wife made that has my main sets of dice, my wife's dice are in several bags and boxes - I think in our bedroom, her sewing table and other places. The FATE dice are in a box with the other FATE accessories...okay this is getting embarrassing, think I'll go clean all that up now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ozan
Switzerland
Zurich
Kanton Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
"Is there any tea on this spaceship?"
mb
On a bookshelf, nothing special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Anderson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My RPG books are on a bookshelf, in order alphabetically by title, which, conveniently, also co-locates them by game system.

My dice were, until quite recently, in a metal lunch box on top of the board game shelf. My best friend recently gave me a really cool dice box that looks like a pirate's treasure chest, so now I use that instead.

My character sheets and notes are... probably in the house... somewhere...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
RPG books are organized by genre and similar game systems. All my Call of Cthulhu (2nd - 6th Edition) books are together, after them comes Don't Walk in Winter Wood since it is also horror based, which segues into other story games... the far end of which is comedic games. They are a continuum on my shelves.

Sheets get sorted into folders based on what game they are for. Sheets can be game handouts, maps, detailed notes as well as character sheets. However, these days, most character sheets I have a digital and are saved in at least two places in case one is corrupted.

Dice are sorted into a variety of dice bags based on how pretty I think they are.

PDFs are sorted into an RPG folder which is further broken down by game, and then sub-folders for adventures/rules/character sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperors Grace
United States
Rexford
New York
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;The old that is strong does not wither,Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice (7 sets? IIRC and a bunch of d6), Chips, mechanical pencils, erasers, pawns, beads, cards, index cards, binderclips, etc... Everything I need that isn't tied to a system is in a small craft case.

My rpgs are on multiple bookcases. Generally, the books are vertical, core on left, and sorted by system (and by the largest book in the system for shelf height). Older box sets and splatbooks from the 80's which can't really survive vertical are kept in horizontal Sterilite bins by game so that all of the game is in one box and those are stacked on the bookshelves.

Character sheets for the old games are in a manila folder in the box.
Character sheets for the "book" games have a shared pocket folder.
Character sheets for games I'm currently in or running are inside a DEXAS slimcase clipboard.

When I go to play, I usually have my Dexas and a core book in my messenger bag (with a favorite dice set or two in an old Armory dice bag).

When I go to GM at the conventions, I stack the craft case on top of the game bin(s) in one end of my collapsible wagon and stick my small cooler in the other end with water, tea, and snacks.

PDF's are a bit messy. I started with one system and then changed to another and never fully transitioned. Then I decided to group some.

What it should be is in folders with labels of MECHANIC-PUBLISHER-TITLE-EDITION-(COMPLETENESS). By way of example: d100 TSR Star Frontiers (Complete).

The "group" folders are things like generic resources, "mine for ideas" (pieces of RPGs and nonRPG stuff that have some cool thing I can steal), and UltraLite (things like Honey Heist, Lasers and Feelings, etc... ).

(I've also grouped all FATE Worlds into a single folder inside the main FATE Core archive. There's just too many for single folders)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas
Germany
Bovenden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
admin
designer
so many plans...
badge
N.K.Jemisin's "The Fifth Season" is awesome and fantastic.
mbmbmbmbmb
Books: by system and (somewhat) by size.
Boxes: by how the fit into the shelf
Zines: by periodical, size, and age.
Dice: by publisher (and in some cases, maybe by manufacturer) and topic. Mostly in sorting boxes (those with a bunch of smaller compartments) or bags, stuffed into drawers. I'd like to display part of the dice collection in a type case, but I haven't got round to it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you organize your RPG books,
1. By edition. But adventures are just on the shelf.

sheets,
2. I have a pc notebook, an adventure league log book, and season note books.
dice,
3. My gaming dice are in Save vs hunger pouch in a pencil box bottom left corner of luggage. Other dice are in a box on the gaming shelf.
etc?
My game luggage is as follows. bottom to top when it is totally organize
12 tact-tiles these are 10 inch square tiles with 1 inch grid on them. They are not longer for sale but some companies have cardboard versions.
All the game books except the hardcover I running.
PC Binder
Adventure league binder
Various plastic folders for adventure league support, pregens, blank sheets, etc.
Season binder.
Hardcover I am running.
Clipboard with DM cheat sheet.
Plastic shoe box with minis, dice cup, junk, and SKULLY.
Spell effect minis ex bigby's hand, spititaul weapon etc.
Left outside pouch bottom Pencil box with dice bag.
Left outside pouch top Pencil box with pencils, eraser, pencil sharper.
Top pouch. Wife's triple make up bag. Dry erase pens, pencils, scissors, etc.
Right outside top pouch Newby Dice.
Right outside bottom pouch. power strip
Center top pouch, Hallowween throw blanket. I not used this months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Books: Alphabetically by game system.
Most of my dice are in a 5-compartment picnic container, split into d4s, d6s, d8s, d10s, and d12s (I run Cortex Plus), but I also have a knitted Cthulhu head pouch with about 25 d10s (which I take to Scion) and a little chest that holds the rest of my dice (the d20s, the 10s digit percentile dice, and other weirdos).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Gibson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By system, with editions separated. Then within system I have "Core books" then "Rules expansions" then "monsters/enemies/villains" then setting material followed by adventures.

the games I actually are playing get prime space, with games I'm not currently playing in a different bookcase, and the ones I haven't played in a while on the RPG bookcase in my library (which holds RPGs, books, DVD/Bluray, video games, manga and such.. all organized)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dale
Australia
Moggill
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
badge
When will the die stop rolling? What face finishes showing?
mbmbmbmbmb
My RPG books are mostly organised by game and fairly haphazardly after that. Dice are everywhere -- one main box sorted by type and several other boxes where they are tossed in together. Plus a few sets in their display cases.

Pauli

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashton Rule
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
new user
paulidale wrote:
My RPG books are mostly organised by game and fairly haphazardly after that. Dice are everywhere -- one main box sorted by type and several other boxes where they are tossed in together. Plus a few sets in their display cases.

Pauli

I love to read and I have books sorted in this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.